PDA

View Full Version : Boating Shows on TV?

DEAL BROTHER
10-08-2004, 07:58 AM
On My Direct TV package I only get 1 show called something like "Boating Today" and the most exciting thing they do is restore teak. Does a channel exist that maybe I could pay extra for that has any programming that includes Hot Boats, races, boat shows etc....? I remember one late night long long ago maybe on Time Warner that showed some killer badazz Jet boats racing thru these wild rivers I think in Australia.

LHC30Victory
10-08-2004, 08:47 AM
From OffshoreOnly.com:
Coming to a Screen Near You! OFFSHOREONLY TV!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You’ve been waiting for a TV program about performance boating and now, we’ve got it for you! Starting in October, Offshoreonly.com is partnering with Creative Television Communications to bring you OFFSHOREONLY TV – the first comprehensive television magazine show about all aspects of performance boating.
OFFSHOREONLY TV gives you:
-Highlight coverage of major sanctioned offshore racing events
-Poker Run events
-News and interviews with the movers and shakers of the performance boat industry
-Technical features revealing the secrets of the pros
-Special features on extreme machines and the extreme personalities behind them
OFFSHOREONLY TV will reach 30 million households on the Men’s Channel/Dish Network and Florida’s Sunshine Network.
OFFSHOREONLY.COM will add streaming video of OFFSHOREONLY TV! So, if you miss a show, you can catch it onlinel!
OFFSHOREONLY TV is hosted by industry veterans Martin Sanborn and Marilyn DeMartini. Sanborn, the former voice of APBA Offshore’s TV, radio and webcast coverage, and currently the host of TalkOffshore.com, brings his racing and industry expertise to the show—the real inside information. As a champion racer and boat building veteran, he knows the scoop and has the technical expertise to convey the details you want to know. DeMartini, who has worked in offshore racing and the marine industry with Drambuie On Ice, Speedvision.com, and Cigarette Racing Team, brings her inside knowledge of the people and interworkings of the sport to you, so you are up-to-speed on who’s who and what’s what in performance boating.
Creative Television Communications brings you an entertaining and crisp show that will keep you looking for the next segment—for the action and excitement of the sport. And of course, with OFFSHOREONLY.COM, you get the up-to-the-minute news and comments, now, with added news coverage.
Stay tuned for updates here on what’s ahead and watch for the premier show date in October, 2004! The fastest half hour on the water!

CrazyHippy
10-08-2004, 09:24 AM
Speed will show some races on occasion. Mostly Unlimited Hydros (Miss Budwieser) but also some offshore stuff too.
Not much else though :frown:
BJH

DUNDUN
10-08-2004, 09:33 AM
SPEED covers the UIM jet sprinting(crazy jet boat racing through little canals) I think at one part of the year