PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on Force 29/32 and Ultra 29 Shadow

In2Deep
10-08-2004, 12:23 PM
Thinking about a cat as my next boat.
Interested in hearing from current owners of the Force 29 or 32, or the Ultra 29 Shadow. Likes, dislikes, ride, handling, power, etc..
Thanks in advance for any input.
Dave (I2D)

jdogginla
10-08-2004, 12:42 PM
Interested in hearing from current owners of the Force 29 or 32, or the Ultra 29 Shadow. Likes, dislikes, ride, handling, power, etc..
Dave (I2D)
U mean the Ultra 27 Shadow??? I don't think they make a 29. I'm also considering a 27' Shadow.......they have a sweet one for sale in their showroom. Burgandy and orange.......hot!

NorCalCat
10-08-2004, 01:30 PM
Dave (I2D)
I took delivery of my Force 29 early this summer and I love it! I looked at DCB, Eliminator, Ultra, Force and HTM. Of all, I liked the Force. Best bang for the buck and personally think the best performance. It is the fasted plaining cat and turns like no other cat. Power it right and you will not be sorry. The service at Force is also top notch. I live in Northern California, so it is difficult to get to Fontana when you need something, so Force took care of me.
The Ultra is a very nice boat, one of the best gels out there, however, I did not like the way it drove. It was too bow heavy for me.
I drove each one and based my decision on personal preference. I would have loved to get the 32, but for storage reasons I went with the 29. Read Hot Boats reviews, it speaks for itself.
Good luck. PM me if you have any questions. Talk to Dano at Force.

pussycat
10-08-2004, 03:32 PM
IF it's performance and durability you want buy my 30 spectre! Twin 300 outboards capable of 100mph and will run all day no problem! You will not beat the ride with any westcoast built cat!! PM me for more info!

BeaverJ
10-08-2004, 03:35 PM
I do not own one, but I did spend some time at there place in Ontario. I will say they rigging is top notch,,I think you get a good boat for the money. IMO

unleashed
10-08-2004, 04:44 PM
Sent ya a pm.
Goodluck and may the Force be with you!
Deano
Unleashedclothing (http://www.unleashedclothing.com) :devil:

syke-o
10-08-2004, 08:43 PM
talk to sandbar mike on the boards... he has a VERY nice Force!! :D

CornWater
10-08-2004, 11:00 PM
IF it's performance and durability you want buy my 30 spectre! Twin 300 outboards capable of 100mph and will run all day no problem! You will not beat the ride with any westcoast built cat!! PM me for more info!
You're def workin it... I am trying my arse off, but I just don't know yet.. :cry:

Sandbar Mike
10-11-2004, 07:10 AM
Thanks Syko,
We are extremly happy with our Force 29, I have had 2 flawless season now.
They have great customer support, John and his boys who build these Force boats are very proud and will stand behind his product.
The 29 is a great handling cat, nothing will touch you in Havasu just put the throttle to the wood and run that rough stuff over.
When force put my boat in the orange county boat show in 2003, I was parked next to an Ultra Shadow, we smoked it!! the Force is just a better look'n boat :D :D
Please no offense to anyone, just personal opinion,
Good Luck in2deep

NorCalCat
10-12-2004, 01:32 PM
Dave (I2D)
If you are looking for 2005 season, you should place your order before the LA County Boat Show. After that you will be lucky to get on the water by August.
Just my $.02
"May the FORCE be with you"

MarkK
01-01-2005, 07:45 PM
Hey I am also looking at force and was wondering if you heard any good or bad about thier baots. thanks mark

Kilrtoy
01-01-2005, 08:24 PM
We were impressed with Force, liked what we saw in the 29.....

BADBLOWN572
01-02-2005, 08:45 AM
Between the two boats, I would go with the Force. I have to give John credit that his guys do rig their boats clean. I have heard that they have been having some problems in their motor department and not been able to get good long blocks lately. Don't know if they have cleared it up yet. Can always go with a Merc or other builder's engines too.
I would also look into the new Carrera 29 too. Same exact bottom as the Force 29 and personally I like the deck better. Just my opinion. Should be priced just about the same too.

kidstuf
01-02-2005, 09:09 AM
Talk to Dano at Force.
is dano still at force??

spectredave
01-02-2005, 09:15 AM
How about a Couger 27 MTR it is a 2002 .$69,900.00 boat will run in the upper 90's to 102 mph.Call me (770-827-7612)

THOR
01-02-2005, 09:58 AM
Between the two boats, I would go with the Force. I have to give John credit that his guys do rig their boats clean. I have heard that they have been having some problems in their motor department and not been able to get good long blocks lately. Don't know if they have cleared it up yet. Can always go with a Merc or other builder's engines too.
I would also look into the new Carrera 29 too. Same exact bottom as the Force 29 and personally I like the deck better. Just my opinion. Should be priced just about the same too.
HTM has a big cat now too. ;)
THOR <--- stirring the pot

BADBLOWN572
01-02-2005, 10:01 AM
HTM has a big cat now too. ;)
THOR <--- stirring the pot
I heard that lifelines and helmets are standard equipment on their new boat. Come in all sizes from XS to XXXL.

Charley
01-02-2005, 10:23 AM
I looked at DCB, Eliminator, Ultra, Force and HTM. Of all, I liked the Force. Best bang for the buck and personally think the best performance.
:idea:
I drove each one and based my decision on personal preference.
Don't think Dano is at Force and did you drive a 29 DCB?? If so what power?

shadow
01-02-2005, 11:25 AM
Dave (I2D)
I'm definately pleased with our 27 shadow.Can't say enough as to how pleased we are with the boat.With the stock 496HO the boat runs about 70mph.The only thing i would do different is more HP.We've had hundreds of trouble free hrs with our boat.If you are coming from a v bottom you will apreciate the amount of usable space below that most cats in that size don't have to offer.There are definately alot of nice cats in that size range to look at but i would recomend including Ultra as one to go personally check out.

Two K's
01-02-2005, 12:59 PM
I would check out the 28' domn8er also. While visiting in cali last summer I checked out three boat companies and liked the Domn8er best So much room!!! I really liked all three But that one stood for me. Is carrera the same bottom as force? I didn't see their 29' but looked at their 257 . I'm looking for a good angle in the sponsons and thought carrera's were a little too flat for the water here in ny. But the boat was built well and looked great Carrera gave me the best price for a hull and interior with fuel tanks only [thats the way I wanted to buy one]. But I thought Domn8er outshined them all. I didn't check out force but they do have a dealer here in NY so I plan on checking them out.

roln 20s
01-02-2005, 01:26 PM
I do not own either, but I love them both. I think that the Force with their custom motor options are one of the best buys on the cat market. They are beautiful boats, and Sandbar Mike's is a premier example. I hear that Dano has left Force only to run his EBoatLoans. Dano was a reason that I would have bought a Force. He is a great guy and always took care of me as a potential customer.
Ultra's are beautiful great lines and very deep boat. Probably the best gel coat work in the biz--just amazing. Plus, John West is a great guy I'd do business with anyday. Test drive them bothm you can't go wrong.
Roln 20s

BADBLOWN572
01-02-2005, 11:57 PM
Is carrera the same bottom as force?
The Force 29 is the same bottom as the 257, but 3' added. The Carrera 29 bottom and the Force 29 originally came out of the same mold. Carrera ended up with it, legally, and Force made a duplicate. Only difference between the two boats are the decks. All running surfaces are identical.

Sandbar Mike
01-03-2005, 08:28 AM
The Force 29 is the same bottom as the 257, but 3' added. The Carrera 29 bottom and the Force 29 originally came out of the same mold. Carrera ended up with it, legally, and Force made a duplicate. Only difference between the two boats are the decks. All running surfaces are identical.
I always thought the 2 bottoms were identicle as well, until we pulled up next to a 29 carera on the trialer. The rear end on the carrera has quite a big step leaving of couse less running surface, that may be why Force plains out faster. Bad Blown I agree with your props to Force/John, Hopefully they have got there arms around there engine problem. Supprisingly I'm still pushing the shit out of my BECK 540, without problems! ;) Knocking on wood
See you out there soon!

Two K's
01-03-2005, 03:33 PM
In2deep, If force and carrera are running the same bottom than maybe you should check out carrera too. Like I said earlier, the price they quoted me was really good. Also any input on the 28 commander cat?

BADBLOWN572
01-03-2005, 04:03 PM
In2deep, If force and carrera are running the same bottom than maybe you should check out carrera too. Like I said earlier, the price they quoted me was really good. Also any input on the 28 commander cat?
STAY AWAY FROM COMMANDER. Do a search on the boards and I think you will find out why. :(

Goodtime$
01-03-2005, 05:22 PM
badblown i agree with your comments, a little ruff with the lifeline idea but granted, safety is a must.
Value for Value, it would be hard to look away from the Ultra 27, gelcoat, interior space and family comfort are ahead of others, I know the Carrera and Force 29s are great deals, my two pesos.
check the LA show,everyones bringin new air packers...cheers

Reaper1
01-04-2005, 07:51 AM
If your looking for family comfort my 28' Magic Cat with the open helm option has more room than the above mentioned boats. My 2 shillings. :cool:

DogHouse
01-04-2005, 01:45 PM
Reaper1 speaketh the truth.
:D

Charley
01-04-2005, 01:55 PM
Reaper1 speaketh the truth.
so 2 grown men actually believe in magic???
Sorry I had too

Reaper1
01-04-2005, 02:12 PM
Sorry I had too
"you can do magic, do to too, and you know you're the one who could put out the fire, you know darn well when you cast your spell................"
Remember that jam from back in the day??? Sir Charles :D

Charley
01-04-2005, 02:42 PM
"you can do magic, do to too, and you know you're the one who could put out the fire, you know darn well when you cast your spell................"
Remember that jam from back in the day??? Sir Charles :D
Thinkin....hmmmmmm
AMERICA??

NorCalCat
01-04-2005, 03:13 PM
is dano still at force??\
Dano was at Force, he left. But ask for John, he will hook you up!

NorCalCat
01-04-2005, 03:15 PM
:idea:
Don't think Dano is at Force and did you drive a 29 DCB?? If so what power?
I did drive the DCB with a 525. Too pricey for what you get. Force is the best bang for your buck.

BADBLOWN572
01-04-2005, 03:38 PM
One thing that people are not considering about DCB is that you might be paying a little more for an equally equipped boat, but what is peace of mind worth knowing that your boat was 1) done right, 2) knowing that you will be taken care of if shit happens? To me that would be worth quite a bit. If I was going to pay someone to do a boat for me, on the west coast, DCB is the only one that I would consider. Just my .02
<~~~Definitely not a DCB chearleader

DogHouse
01-04-2005, 07:04 PM
Yep, Santa too!
I started counting backwards once I hit 30. I'm almost a teenager again. Pretty soon I'll be able to believe in anything I want!

NorCalCat
01-05-2005, 08:56 AM
One thing that people are not considering about DCB is that you might be paying a little more for an equally equipped boat, but what is peace of mind worth knowing that your boat was 1) done right, 2) knowing that you will be taken care of if shit happens? To me that would be worth quite a bit. If I was going to pay someone to do a boat for me, on the west coast, DCB is the only one that I would consider. Just my .02
<~~~Definitely not a DCB chearleader
Is that worth $40-50K? Not for me...Also, I have had NOTHING but good experiences with Force. Their service has always been top nothch for me and I have had some minor problems, but they were all taken care of. How about this one. I live in Northern California, and they deliverd the boat to my home because of som warantee stuff done.
I call that service, plus with the $50k I saved in invested wisely!
Make sure you weigh it lb. for lb.
Just my $.02

riverbound
01-05-2005, 10:06 AM
We do a lot of work for force and I am very impressed with their boats. For the money you can not beat what you get and their rigging is top notch. The Ultra is also a nice boat but if I was spending the money Force would be the way to go.

Sandbar Mike
01-05-2005, 10:13 AM
Hey Norcal, this pic was a nice selling point!!
Hey, Our spring break mens trip is OOONNN, March 25th! You Game? :devil:
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/40homePic.jpg

BADBLOWN572
01-05-2005, 11:02 AM
There is no way that an equally equipped DCB is $40-$50k more than a Force! I would say that if you worked on both of them, you could probably get within $10k or less. I would definitely pay $10k more for a DCB than a Force. Much better investment. DCB's hold their value much better in Force so in the long run, you are going to be coming out ahead with the DCB.
I am not badmouthing Force what so ever. I think they do build a nice product, but like I said, if I was having someone build me a boat on the west coast, there is only one place that I would shop.

mbrown2
01-05-2005, 11:04 AM
Is that worth $40-50K?
Nothing against Force, but show me the $40-$50K on similarly rigged boats? Same options, Same Motors? In fact, go get and list on the boards here a quote on a Force 26 pretty well rigged, small stereo, basic Extreme trailer, and with 2 300x's or an HP525? Then I will get a quote from DCB on a Mach 26 similarly equipped. I can pretty much guaranty there won't be $40-$50 difference in pricing...no where near that.
When I priced boats, the difference you guys speak of was not there, so obviously you did not get your pricing from Dave and compare apples to apples.

NorCalCat
01-05-2005, 11:17 AM
There is no way that an equally equipped DCB is $40-$50k more than a Force! I would say that if you worked on both of them, you could probably get within $10k or less. I would definitely pay $10k more for a DCB than a Force. Much better investment. DCB's hold their value much better in Force so in the long run, you are going to be coming out ahead with the DCB.
I am not badmouthing Force what so ever. I think they do build a nice product, but like I said, if I was having someone build me a boat on the west coast, there is only one place that I would shop.
When I priced it out one year ago, for the same money here is the DCB I coupld have got. (including the "Winter Special Sale")
DCB: Mach 26, no stereo, double axel trailer, hp500, bravo 1,
Force 29, upper end stereo, tripple axle trailer including led lights and tool box on front and spair tire, XR drive, 540 motor putting out 700 hp, depth gauge, built in coolers, halon, external ram stearing (hydrolic), scoop, tripple batteries with switch, Lavosi throttle, all monster gaffrig gauges, etc. And it planes faster than the DCB.
I am not bashing DCB, they make a hell of a boat, however, we are talking best bang for your $$$$$.
You add all that up and the DCB price tag will climb VERY fast.

NorCalCat
01-05-2005, 11:19 AM
Nothing against Force, but show me the $40-$50K on similarly rigged boats? Same options, Same Motors? In fact, go get and list on the boards here a quote on a Force 26 pretty well rigged, small stereo, basic Extreme trailer, and with 2 300x's or an HP525? Then I will get a quote from DCB on a Mach 26 similarly equipped. I can pretty much guaranty there won't be $40-$50 difference in pricing...no where near that.
When I priced boats, the difference you guys speak of was not there, so obviously you did not get your pricing from Dave and compare apples to apples.
I did talk to Dave. He was going to give me the "Winter Special"

Jrocket
01-05-2005, 11:19 AM
We do a lot of work for force and I am very impressed with their boats. For the money you can not beat what you get and their rigging is top notch. The Ultra is also a nice boat but if I was spending the money Force would be the way to go.
Did you do the stereo in Johns all white 29?

mbrown2
01-05-2005, 11:21 AM
When I priced it out one year ago, for the same money here is the DCB I coupld have got. (including the "Winter Special Sale")
DCB: Mach 26, no stereo, double axel trailer, hp500, bravo 1,
Force 29, upper end stereo, tripple axle trailer including led lights and tool box on front and spair tire, XR drive, 540 motor putting out 700 hp, depth gauge, built in coolers, halon, external ram stearing (hydrolic), scoop, tripple batteries with switch, Lavosi throttle, all monster gaffrig gauges, etc. And it planes faster than the DCB.
I am not bashing DCB, they make a hell of a boat, however, we are talking best bang for your $$$$$.
You add all that up and the DCB price tag will climb VERY fast.
I say go get a quote with the same engine package and list it here? and I will do the same....there is no way there is a diff of 40-50K...
Also, Force's home built 700Hp motor is not a true comparison...go price with a Blue motor since they a lot more expensive, maybe not better but more expensive...go get a quote with a 525 and lets compare them....Even if you want to give an approximation within 5-10K...I know the diff is not that big.

NorCalCat
01-05-2005, 12:03 PM
I say go get a quote with the same engine package and list it here? and I will do the same....there is no way there is a diff of 40-50K...
Also, Force's home built 700Hp motor is not a true comparison...go price with a Blue motor since they a lot more expensive, maybe not better but more expensive...go get a quote with a 525 and lets compare them....Even if you want to give an approximation within 5-10K...I know the diff is not that big.
I'm in a cult, I'm in a cult, high hoe the dario...I'm in a cult. :argue:
Just kidding, but really DCB has a serious following. All I am saying is I did exactly that last year and I bought a Force and I am happy with it. Maybe Dave high balled me then. I also didthe same with Eliminator, and that is another story.
All that matters is you are happy with your DCB and that is what it is all about.

mbrown2
01-05-2005, 12:11 PM
I'm in a cult, I'm in a cult, high hoe the dario...I'm in a cult. :argue:
Just kidding, but really DCB has a serious following. All I am saying is I did exactly that last year and I bought a Force and I am happy with it. Maybe Dave high balled me then. I also didthe same with Eliminator, and that is another story.
All that matters is you are happy with your DCB and that is what it is all about.
Dude, I am the farthest person away from a cult but it sounds like all you are doing is talking, I am just saying put your money where your mouth is....you say you did it last year and you are quoting 40-50K and I am saying lets put it here is writing...Heck DCB lurks, so they can correct me if I am wrong....
I am glad you are happy with your boat, and I do like Force. I am happy with mine as well. Just think the numbers of 40-50K are complete BS. Same 26, Same Blue Motor, Extreme Trailer....lets see Forces and DCB's price and compare?

NorCalCat
01-05-2005, 12:27 PM
Dude, I am the farthest person away from a cult but it sounds like all you are doing is talking, I am just saying put your money where your mouth is....you say you did it last year and you are quoting 40-50K and I am saying lets put it here is writing...Heck DCB lurks, so they can correct me if I am wrong....
I am glad you are happy with your boat, and I do like Force. I am happy with mine as well. Just think the numbers of 40-50K are complete BS. Same 26, Same Blue Motor, Extreme Trailer....lets see Forces and DCB's price and compare?
I am just razz'n ya...But it was a significant $$$ difference. Sterio about $4k, XR about $2k, stearing about $2k, tripple axel, tool box, led lights, spair tire about $2k, motor package blu or not big $$$, etc. Right there it you are at $10k, and we all know Dave charges more for his boats so, maybe $20-30k is more accurate.

NorCalCat
01-05-2005, 12:34 PM
Hey Norcal, this pic was a nice selling point!!
Hey, Our spring break mens trip is OOONNN, March 25th! You Game? :devil:
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/40homePic.jpg
Sandbar, I may be in for March 25. I am going to Jamaca and trying to fit in the Havasu trip, so I'll keep you posted. But I do have to pick the bopat up sometime around March1.

mbrown2
01-05-2005, 12:41 PM
I am just razz'n ya...But it was a significant $$$ difference. Sterio about $4k, XR about $2k, stearing about $2k, tripple axel, tool box, led lights, spair tire about $2k, motor package blu or not big $$$, etc. Right there it you are at $10k, and we all know Dave charges more for his boats so, maybe $20-30k is more accurate.
No offense taken :wink: ....I just know what numbers I have been quoted for an 04 F26 with Blown Teague Warranty'd power with all of the above except the triple trailer with box and it was an excellent deal in 105-113K range...I would like to see Force's price for the same package Teague 740 in their Canopied 26 and let's see if it is even 20K diff? :) I doubt it will be; it might be higher...
Pricing depends on a lot of factors, most of all negotiation, options, timing for the builder, what they have in stock power wise, drive wise, but also if you show the comittment versus kicking the tires :) :wink: :)
Dave...don't kill me on the quotes...but this 30-50K diff stuff is BS and everyone else on here needs to be educated...you might pay a little more, but you get what you pay for... ;)

Reaper1
01-05-2005, 01:04 PM
Yeah, but is that the price from Dave or the I'm a friend of Charley's price? :D :cool:

NorCalCat
01-05-2005, 01:10 PM
No offense taken :wink: ....I just know what numbers I have been quoted for an 04 F26 with Blown Teague Warranty'd power with all of the above except the triple trailer with box and it was an excellent deal in 105-113K range...I would like to see Force's price for the same package Teague 740 in their Canopied 26 and let's see if it is even 20K diff? :) I doubt it will be; it might be higher...
Pricing depends on a lot of factors, most of all negotiation, options, timing for the builder, what they have in stock power wise, drive wise, but also if you show the comittment versus kicking the tires :) :wink: :)
Dave...don't kill me on the quotes...but this 30-50K diff stuff is BS and everyone else on here needs to be educated...you might pay a little more, but you get what you pay for... ;)
No sweat! :rollside: 1st of all Force does not make a 26 canopy that I know of. Lets set them side by side. You draw the specs out for either the mock 26 or the F29, forthat matter or the F32 and the Force 32 Canopy. Then lets get the pricing. This may be interesting. (Tit for Tat)

Charley
01-05-2005, 01:16 PM
Yeah, but is that the price from Dave or the I'm a friend of Charley's price? :D :cool:
Hush I can only get so many "bro" deals a year and i'm savin all my marbles for when 3do breaks down and admits his closet love of DCB ;)

mbrown2
01-05-2005, 01:17 PM
Dave gave me the price...Charlie told him I was looking at different options for my current DCB and or building a new one, Dave called me with some options. I bought a boat from Dave only about 7 months earlier, and Dave and I talked at the Boat Show about different options....Timing is everything... :D

Kilrtoy
01-05-2005, 01:17 PM
No sweat! :rollside: 1st of all Force does not make a 26 canopy that I know of. Lets set them side by side. You draw the specs out for either the mock 26 or the F29, forthat matter or the F32 and the Force 32 Canopy. Then lets get the pricing. This may be interesting. (Tit for Tat)
ok for a 29 canopy with twin OB's
DCB 165
Force 130
but there is alot of options on the force that are standard on the DCB.
I will not qoute exact prices, but it is actually alot closer than that..... and I mean alot closer

mbrown2
01-05-2005, 01:19 PM
Hush I can only get so many "bro" deals a year and i'm savin all my marbles for when 3do breaks down and admits his closet love of DCB ;)
LMAO...

Charley
01-05-2005, 01:19 PM
there is no such model as an F-32!!!!
But If your serious I'll get a # on a 29 with 496HO, Bravo XR's w/ extension boxes... will you get a comparable # from Force on a canopy boat with blue power?

Sandbar Mike
01-05-2005, 01:23 PM
Mike,
The pricing may not be 30-50K on the 26 cats, The larger cats kill it!
The Force 29 with a single teague 800 is around 125K, Whats DCB's 29 with that package? It's gotta be around 150-160K?

mbrown2
01-05-2005, 01:24 PM
Just change it to a Mach 26 (it would have been a little less for a Mach anyway)....Dual Batts, Extreme Trailer- Dual Axle, Teague 740, CD Stereo with 4 speakers and sub, Ice Chest, etc.....What would the Force 26 price be for a 26 rigged the same way? ;) :chi: ;)

NorCalCat
01-05-2005, 01:26 PM
there is no such model as an F-32!!!!
But If your serious I'll get a # on a 29 with 496HO, Bravo XR's w/ extension boxes... will you get a comparable # from Force on a canopy boat with blue power?
List it out.
29 canopy
twin 496 ho
xr's w/extension boxes
stereo
stearing????
Tow cover???
Built in cloolers????
I gues what comes standard with Force is not standard with DCB. But we have to price them apples to apples.
So tell me what other options...

Charley
01-05-2005, 01:26 PM
Mike,
The Force 29 with a single teague 800 is around 125K, Whats DCB's 29 with that package? It's gotta be around 150-160K?
Force 29' Canopy boat?? What kind of speed have they seen with that setup??

NorCalCat
01-05-2005, 01:27 PM
Mike,
Thank you!

Sandbar Mike
01-05-2005, 01:28 PM
Just change it to a Mach 26 (it would have been a little less for a Mach anyway)....Dual Batts, Extreme Trailer- Dual Axle, Teague 740, CD Stereo with 4 speakers and sub, Ice Chest, etc.....What would the Force 26 price be for a 26 rigged the same way? ;) :chi: ;)
100K-110K

NorCalCat
01-05-2005, 01:29 PM
Wasn't it featured in the last Hot Boat magazine? or did that one have twins? I think that was Wetwillies boat.

Sandbar Mike
01-05-2005, 01:30 PM
Charley I think the Teague 800 Canopied version around 95-100

Charley
01-05-2005, 01:32 PM
100K-110K
Im being told
110-115k for a DCB
:wink:

mbrown2
01-05-2005, 01:32 PM
Mike,
The pricing may not be 30-50K on the 26 cats
I don't even think it is 10K difference...and this 30-50K stuff is a myth...show me the numbers...
Mike,
The larger cats kill it! The Force 29 with a single teague 800 is around 125K, Whats DCB's 29 with that package? It's gotta be around 150-160K?
I have priced neither builders 29, but when you get to the details, I think the same will be as true as my experience with the 26...myth, urban legend and folks that spout they could not afford the 30K-50K diff when it might have been nothing at all or something very nominal....Also, I am talking apples to apples ...not home built engines...
BTW....I did not mean to hijack this thread.....I just could not swallow the 40K-50K crap...
Force is a good boat....one of many good boats....don't let the myths steer you away from other good boats...:):):)

mbrown2
01-05-2005, 01:36 PM
100K-110K
So could have got the same boat with canopy's for the same 1 year ago, so add 5% markup and I would have been right around 112-115K......Another urban myth...dispelled...btw, I will get a price from Force on the 26 at the Boat Show and see if it is the same...

mbrown2
01-05-2005, 01:37 PM
Im being told
110-115k for a DCB
:wink:
Another urban myth dispelled... :boxed: :rollside: :boxed: where is the big difference everyone talks about....

Sandbar Mike
01-05-2005, 01:39 PM
[QUOTE=Charley]Im being told
110-115k for a DCB
YA,
Thers's not that much price difference in the 26's.
Charley how much was your 29 w/twins, or better yet I'm looking the Powerboat article, 250K Ouch heheheheh :jawdrop: ;) :D

Charley
01-05-2005, 01:43 PM
[QUOTE=Charley]Im being told
110-115k for a DCB
YA,
Thers's not that much price difference in the 26's.
Charley how much was your 29 w/twins, or better yet I'm looking the Powerboat article, 250K Ouch heheheheh :jawdrop: ;) :D
that ouch is in yer mind ;) and so is retail... you have to compare apples for apples at the sell price not what the manufaturers want for em :cool:

THOR
01-05-2005, 01:44 PM
like I said, if I was having someone build me a boat on the west coast, there is only one place that I would shop.
Isnt Carrera a west coast boat?

Charley
01-05-2005, 01:47 PM
Isnt Carrera a west coast boat?
depends where aftershock is
:cry:

Kilrtoy
01-05-2005, 01:50 PM
Charley I think the Teague 800 Canopied version around 95-100
HELL NO, that is nowhere near the quoted price I received.
You better bump that up to around 135k plus......

Charley
01-05-2005, 01:56 PM
Lies, deciept, conjecture
my boats better thank yers.....No its not!!! YES IT IS!!!!
Cant we all just gather around a campfire with our respective favorite drink in hand and have our opinions silently as we sing
KOOOMBYE YAHHHH MY LORDDDD.>.... KOOOOMBYE YAHHHHHH
SPIRITUAL LIABILITY WAIVER: IN NO WAY DID I MEAN TO OFFEND GOD IN any WAY, SHAPE OR FORM BY USING A FAMOUS CHILDHOOD RELIGIOUS SONG AS THE PUNCHLINE FOR MY LAME JOKE.

mbrown2
01-05-2005, 01:59 PM
Cant we all just gather around a campfire with our respective favorite drink in hand and have our opinions silently as we sing
I will sit around the campfire and drink with anyone.. :coffeycup , but I am going call them on the carpet and burn them like a smore when they start with the urban legends... :boxed: :rollside: :boxed:

Kilrtoy
01-05-2005, 02:01 PM
I will sit around the campfire and drink with anyone.. :coffeycup , but I am going call them on the carpet and burn them like a smore when they start with the urban legends... :boxed: :rollside: :boxed:
If you do that to Ricky, who will be left to tell fairy tales :D

Sandbar Mike
01-05-2005, 02:01 PM
HELL NO, that is nowhere near the quoted price I received.
You better bump that up to around 135k plus......
My package closed bow cat is 125K, I spoke with John about building me one last week! But that wasn't with canopies.

Kilrtoy
01-05-2005, 02:06 PM
Canopies adds 10k to the package. By the time I was done I was was at 160 with that package out the door....
I kick my self in the ARSE for not saving all this paperwork.....

NorCalCat
01-05-2005, 02:07 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/showphoto.php?photo=62231&size=big&password=&sort=7&thecat=500

Sandbar Mike
01-05-2005, 02:07 PM
You guys are great dudes, You know I just messn with ya, but dam it
If you really think DCB's prices on there 29's are anywhere around Force's I'll eat shit. (Laughing) I would own a DCB right know if that were the case.
No urban legends
My 29 cost me 90K with a 650H 540, Can you get me a price for a DCB 29 with a 540, ?? Just to satisfy my perspective.

unleashed
01-05-2005, 02:09 PM
Hey can't we all just get along???
DCB is a fantastic boat I almost bought a 29 with twin 800's...I would have got the 32 canopy if Dave would have called me before he called Charley(Little biatch)! The 29 imho is the best performance boat out there that is under 30 feet but you pay for it. I can't wait to see the performance on there 32. Dave is a pleasure to deal with and you will be taken care of.
Force is the best bang for the buck out there as far as price wise goes. There new 32 canopy should be running by March and they tweaked the bottom so Im curious to see the performance. If it performs well you can bet they will have a killer price for people wanting something a little bigger. I still love my 32 and will keep it for at least another season if not 2. Brad and John are doing a great job. Also they have a new salesguy named Gary whom is a solid guy.
Oh yeah since brandi is on the boards I'll throw Eliminator in there as well. I think I may score some points with her..hahahahahah.
Goodluck on your choices...I feel you can't go wrong with any of the boats mentioned in this thread.
Deano

Sandbar Mike
01-05-2005, 02:13 PM
Hey can't we all just get along???
DCB is a fantastic boat I almost bought a 29 with twin 800's...I would have got the 32 canopy if Dave would have called me before he called Charley(Little biatch)! The 29 imho is the best performance boat out there that is under 30 feet but you pay for it. I can't wait to see the performance on there 32. Dave is a pleasure to deal with and you will be taken care of.
Force is the best bang for the buck out there as far as price wise goes. There new 32 canopy should be running by March and they tweaked the bottom so Im curious to see the performance. If it performs well you can bet they will have a killer price for people wanting something a little bigger. I still love my 32 and will keep it for at least another season if not 2. Brad and John are doing a great job. Also they have a new salesguy named Gary whom is a solid guy.
Oh yeah since brandi is on the boards I'll throw Eliminator in there as well. I think I may score some points with her..hahahahahah.
Goodluck on your choices...I feel you can't go wrong with any of the boats mentioned in this thread.
Deano
Boy I knew that was coming, Deano whats up stranger!
Who's not getting along? :D Just some winter time BS and a little free time.

mbrown2
01-05-2005, 02:14 PM
You guys are great dudes, You know I just messn with ya, but dam it
If you really think DCB's prices on there 29's are anywhere around Force's I'll eat shit. (Laughing)
Now that is putting your money where your mouth is ;) :D ;) ...it's all good....Also, I have never priced a 29, but I know last year when they were in great demand due to the numbers they were throwing up initially when they came out, they were probably getting more for them due to the demand.....the same could be this year... :D

Kilrtoy
01-05-2005, 02:14 PM
I second what Deano said about Gary, the guy stays on top of things, Although I have never met him, He has always kept me updated on the phone or via the internet.

Sandbar Mike
01-05-2005, 02:15 PM
Lies, deciept, conjecture
my boats better thank yers.....No its not!!! YES IT IS!!!!
SPIRITUAL LIABILITY WAIVER: IN NO WAY DID I MEAN TO OFFEND GOD IN any WAY, SHAPE OR FORM BY USING A FAMOUS CHILDHOOD RELIGIOUS SONG AS THE PUNCHLINE FOR MY LAME JOKE.
LMAO, that was funny!
Charley that was a good cheap shot with that 250K :D :D

NorCalCat
01-05-2005, 02:37 PM
Boy I knew that was coming, Deano whats up stranger!
Who's not getting along? :D Just some winter time BS and a little free time.
Amen :argue:
It sounds like we are all proud owners, and that is great!

Sandbar Mike
01-05-2005, 02:41 PM
Now that is putting your money where your mouth is ;) :D ;) ...it's all good....Also, I have never priced a 29, but I know last year when they were in great demand due to the numbers they were throwing up initially when they came out, they were probably getting more for them due to the demand.....the same could be this year... :D
Mike, I should have better tast in words :yuk: :D :D
Still lmao

BoatFloating
01-05-2005, 04:27 PM
Lets just say that Tomcat F29 with 300x's is about $60K more than I paid for my boat 29' cat with my stereo.... I know Charley it's only a Carrera or Aftershock as you like to say :notam:

BoatFloating
01-05-2005, 04:50 PM
Here ye here ye, will the DCB Cult come to order. If you don't own you ain't shiat!!!!! So leave..... :D

Kilrtoy
01-05-2005, 04:56 PM
Ok, im out :idea:

BoatFloating
01-05-2005, 05:01 PM
Ok, im out :idea:
You can stay soon enough.....
:eek:

SHOTKALLIN
01-05-2005, 05:02 PM
Did you do the stereo in Johns all white 29?
John's all white 29 is simply SICK! I love the blue trim.

Kilrtoy
01-05-2005, 05:19 PM
You can stay soon enough.....
:eek:
ok soon is here :messedup:

BoatFloating
01-05-2005, 05:23 PM
ok soon is here :messedup:
Si......
:mix:

Havasu Hangin'
01-05-2005, 05:28 PM
Here ye here ye, will the DCB Cult come to order. If you don't own you ain't shiat!!!!! So leave..... :D
...but go ahead and talk up a Howard! If you don't own one, that's OK (a "friend" owning one will do)... :messedup:

BoatFloating
01-05-2005, 05:33 PM
...but go ahead and talk up a Howard! If you don't own one, that's OK (a "friend" owning one will do)... :messedup:
Ya because it has a 12v plug and no checkers...... You need to go get checked out you have some serious issues. Sorry if your butt hurt about my preference in a 28'V ....... Please drink the Koolaide.
:notam:

Jrocket
01-05-2005, 05:35 PM
Amen Brother.....so start packing! :D

BoatFloating
01-05-2005, 05:38 PM
Amen Brother.....so start packing! :D
You don't count your trying to sell......
:jawdrop:

Jrocket
01-05-2005, 05:43 PM
You don't count your trying to sell......
:jawdrop:
LMAO....to buy a 29!

MarkK
01-05-2005, 08:07 PM
Here's your debate settled. I will get both prices and post them in the morning. I have factual papers!!

Kilrtoy
01-05-2005, 08:28 PM
Here's your debate settled. I will get both prices and post them in the morning. I have factual papers!!
There is fact right there
DCB 165
Force 130
I will not qoute exact prices, but it is actually alot closer than that..... and I mean alot closer

BoatFloating
01-05-2005, 09:13 PM
There is fact right there
DCB 165
Force 130
What options????? I've seen DCB's list and hell a 12v socket is a option. So I would say DCB list is pretty big.... Why hide the prices is Dave now doing goverment contracts? I can see it now the new DCB Seal Team boat....http://www.dcbracing.com/images/daveinboat.jpg

mbrown2
01-05-2005, 09:21 PM
Lets just say that Tomcat F29 with 300x's is about $60K more than I paid for my boat 29' cat with my stereo.... I know Charley it's only a Carrera or Aftershock as you like to say :notam:
Yeah, but you don't count...you get a better deal on Carrera's then Charlie does on DCB's and you had to sub the work out....or get specs and designs from elsewhere....so building a boat by numbers don't count... :rollside: :boxed: :rollside:

BoatFloating
01-05-2005, 09:25 PM
Yeah, but you don't count...you get a better deal on Carrera's then Charlie does on DCB's and you had to sub the work out....or get specs and designs from elsewhere....so building a boat by numbers don't count... :rollside: :boxed: :rollside:
But it's more fun and a true one off..... :rollside:
Mike, remember going thru the Channel with me in your boat with Smokey..... Hey, don't wave at them they don't own a DCB :)

mbrown2
01-05-2005, 09:29 PM
But it's more fun and a true one off..... :rollside:
Mike, remember going thru the Channel with me in your boat with Smokey..... Hey, don't wave at them they don't own a DCB :)
I have no come back for that one.......my mexican brutha from anutha mother... :wink: :) :wink: ....but it was the Carrera owner giving the advice....you would actually fit better in a cult...I am too nice. :) :wink:

Jrocket
01-05-2005, 09:33 PM
Whats this I see,MBrown wouldnt wave at a fellow DCb'er?

mbrown2
01-05-2005, 09:39 PM
Whats this I see,MBrown wouldnt wave at a fellow DCb'er?
No...he was telling me not wave at the day campers swimming at the day beach who had no boats....
But I took the road and wave to everybody.....He is a Snotty DCB owner, sitting behind a Carrera wheel. :chi: :D :chi:

Jrocket
01-05-2005, 09:41 PM
No...he was telling me not wave at the day campers swimming at the day beach who had no boats....
But I took the road and wave to everybody.....He is a Snotty DCB owner, sitting behind a Carrera wheel. :chi: :D :chi:
WOW...he just thinks he's all that huh?

WetWillie
01-05-2005, 09:54 PM
I have no come back for that one.......my mexican brutha from anutha mother... :wink: :) :wink: ....but it was the Carrera owner giving the advice....you would actually fit better in a cult...I am too nice. :) :wink:
Mike just for the record.. Rocky is a Italiano... He prefers to be called a Mamoni or Stromboni. But please dont call him a mexican ;)

Jrocket
01-05-2005, 10:12 PM
Mike just for the record.. Rocky is a Italiano... He prefers to be called a Mamoni or Stromboni. But please dont call him a mexican ;)
Yeah right... :D

mbrown2
01-06-2005, 09:41 AM
Ok...so he is a european mexican...j/k :hammerhea :wink:

Charley
01-06-2005, 09:50 AM
Ok...so he is a european mexican...j/k :hammerhea :wink:
LMAO!

NorCalCat
01-07-2005, 09:02 AM
By the way, just curious, why hasn't DCB built the bimini so it stows under the engine hatch. I think that is so much cleaner and clians up the lines.

Reaper1
01-07-2005, 09:06 AM
By the way, just curious, why hasn't DCB built the bimini so it stows under the engine hatch. I think that is so much cleaner and clians up the lines.
I might be wrong, but while I was on the shitter last night I seem to remember seeing a bimini top as you described above on a 28' Extreme in the new Powerboat or Hot Boat.

NorCalCat
01-07-2005, 09:17 AM
I might be wrong, but while I was on the shitter last night I seem to remember seeing a bimini top as you described above on a 28' Extreme in the new Powerboat or Hot Boat.
Nice! It makes sense. On my Force it stows and when I see all the other boats that don't all I think of is, man I would trip & eat shit running around that boat. Only on the 29 and up does it stow.