PDA

View Full Version : paging kidstuff

DrewDown
10-08-2004, 12:34 PM
How's that 36' coming along? The one that 3do was so interested in.

kidstuf
10-08-2004, 02:33 PM
How's that 36' coming along? The one that 3do was so interested in.
well it's leaving here a week from saturday for the ft. lauderdale boat show so we're almost there :smile:

DrewDown
10-08-2004, 02:51 PM
Can we get some sneak preview pics?

kidstuf
10-08-2004, 03:10 PM
sure you can, but it won't be until monday because i don't know how to do it and my guy who does has already gone home :)

DrewDown
10-08-2004, 03:23 PM
Sounds good. I'll keep an eye open on monday. Have a good weekend.

WetWillie
10-08-2004, 03:27 PM
You can be in the pictures to??
So Charley and Herman can do there thing :boxingguy :jawdrop: :sleeping:
W

kidstuf
10-08-2004, 03:31 PM
for now here is a 36 daytona that we built for a guy out of idaho about six months ago... if you scroll through some of his pictures you will see that his daytona is probably one of his less expensive toys... :)http://www.ladylolaandshadow.com/Album1/Chapter4/Image-D17B1BD8D43611D8.html

kidstuf
10-08-2004, 03:33 PM
You can be in the pictures to??
So Charley and Herman can do there thing :boxingguy :jawdrop: :sleeping:
W
sorry i'm camera shy :redface:

DrewDown
10-08-2004, 03:38 PM
Whats the chances of that guy adopting me?

TOBTEK
10-08-2004, 06:19 PM
for now here is a 36 daytona that we built for a guy out of idaho about six months ago... if you scroll through some of his pictures you will see that his daytona is probably one of his less expensive toys... :)http://www.ladylolaandshadow.com/Album1/Chapter4/Image-D17B1BD8D43611D8.html
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/135comeon.jpg
this guy KNOWS how to play! I take it he's not in car sales :notam:

XtrmWakeborder
10-08-2004, 06:55 PM
All i can say is wow...36ft daytona sittin on the back of his bigger boat lol

unleashed
10-08-2004, 07:17 PM
Ahhhhhhh I have no words to express my envy! :eek:
Deano
Unleashedclothing (http://www.unleashedclothing.com) :crossx:

TOBTEK
10-08-2004, 07:58 PM
how about this....If we are all bithkin about the cost of insurance. What do you guess this guy is forking out? I wouldn't even want to know what it takes to keep that setup going....way scary!

Riverhound
10-08-2004, 09:18 PM
Ahhhhhhh I have no words to express my envy! :eek:
Deano
Unleashedclothing (http://www.unleashedclothing.com) :crossx:
And the scary thing is that according to his web site that is his small ship he uses to carry his toys and shadow the big one! Man, If that isnt insperation to work a little harder every day. :hammerhea

Reaper1
10-08-2004, 09:24 PM
Big Pimpin = Having a 36' Daytona as your tender. :cool:
Paris Hilton Voice "That's Hot"

kidstuf
10-08-2004, 10:01 PM
how about this....If we are all bithkin about the cost of insurance. What do you guess this guy is forking out? I wouldn't even want to know what it takes to keep that setup going....way scary!
thats what i thought, but from what i've learned people like him tend to be self insured...
they just did a special on him and all of his toys on the travel channel a few days ago...

andy01
10-08-2004, 10:02 PM
http://www.ladylolaandshadow.com/~photos/tn/287_1024.ts1090768016000.jpg
What to drive today? There is some pretty cool pics on that site. Someday we all hope to get to that boating heaven.
Andy

unleashed
10-08-2004, 10:47 PM
AHHHH note to Brandi, if that dudes single what are ya waiting for! :D
Deano
Unleashedclothing (http://www.unleashedclothing.com) :devil:

mbrown2
10-09-2004, 06:13 AM
WOW....words escape me..
I just want the nautica cat tender with with the drop down bow for diving....

Evo22
10-09-2004, 09:30 AM
That's pretty cool, someone with all that money and time to still enjoy it :D

Dave C
10-09-2004, 09:36 AM
now THAT is "big pimpin"......... :2purples: I am at a loss for words too (and thats saying something) :wink: :)
after seeing that, anyone who claims they are a pimp with just a nice ride or two, they should be ashamed of themselves.....

kidstuf
10-11-2004, 10:35 AM
AHHHH note to Brandi, if that dudes single what are ya waiting for! :D
Deano
Unleashedclothing (http://www.unleashedclothing.com) :devil:
:D he's a little old for me...

bear down
10-12-2004, 08:41 AM
Big Pimpin = Having a 36' Daytona as your tender. :cool:
Paris Hilton Voice "That's Hot"
I think you mean Nichole Ritchie..

plaster dave
10-12-2004, 01:04 PM
[QUOTE=racingrascal]http://www.ladylolaandshadow.com/~photos/tn/287_1024.ts1090768016000.jpg
I just want the money he drops on the ground. :cool:

kidstuf
10-13-2004, 12:04 PM
drew down, i haven't forgotten about you... everything will be coming together in the next few days and i will post some pics then :) here are a couple from a few weeks back.

DrewDown
10-13-2004, 12:12 PM
Thanks Brandy, Its looking good. Those motors are going to carry that boat along nice.

jackpunx
10-13-2004, 01:21 PM
drew down, i haven't forgotten about you... everything will be coming together in the next few days and i will post some pics then :) here are a couple from a few weeks back.
I was down there picking up a prop a couple weeks ago.. The paint is really nice on this one..
Well done!

TOBTEK
10-13-2004, 02:11 PM
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=6560
those look sick! come WetWillie they have two....you need one more! :D

kidstuf
10-18-2004, 12:25 PM
drew down, here are some shots from satuday. ;)

kidstuf
10-18-2004, 12:26 PM
a few more...

mbrown2
10-18-2004, 12:43 PM
Brandi, boat looks great...rigging looks flawless...

25Elmn8r
10-18-2004, 12:50 PM
Brandi, The boat looks great! Can't wait to see it in person.

Reaper1
10-18-2004, 12:58 PM
Brandi, boat looks great...rigging looks flawless...
Coming from a DCB owner I would say that is a big compliment. :D
Boat looks great!

kidstuf
10-18-2004, 01:55 PM
thanks guys, we're pretty happy with how it came out... now i just wish i knew how to make the pics show up here instead of as an attachment. :confused: :confused:

CornWater
10-18-2004, 02:07 PM
Rigging is very clean... and the motor mounts are simply bad ass!!! ;)

phebus
10-18-2004, 02:11 PM
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=6715
The wiring is beautifull!!, but it cracks me up. If you are going to use that many zip ties, and put them that close together, why not just put the wires in a loom? It's like a poker game, I'll see your DCB, and raise you!!! :D

Charley
10-18-2004, 02:12 PM
Brandi.... that boat is beautiful! Congrats!
To post a pic within the thread you need to upload it anywhere on the net (***boat.com picture galleries or eliminator's website, whatever you want as long as it can be viewed in a browser).... then have the pic open in your browser and right click on it and pull down to "properties" .... you will see an url address that should end in jpg or gif "copy" that address and "paste" it in between these
Paste yer pictures URL address in here
It should show up in the post itself after that...good luck

kidstuf
10-18-2004, 02:13 PM
Brandi.... that boat is beautiful! Congrats!
To post a pic within the thread you need to upload it anywhere on the net (***boat.com picture galleries or eliminator's website, whatever you want as long as it can be viewed in a browser).... then have the pic open in your browser and right click on it and pull down to "properties" .... you will see an url address that should end in jpg or gif "copy" that address and "paste" it in between these
Paste yer pictures URL address in here
It should show up in the post itself after that...good luck
thanks charley ;)

DrewDown
10-18-2004, 04:35 PM
Very nice Brandi. Thanks again.

andy01
10-18-2004, 05:34 PM
The engine area/rigging looks fantastic. I love the color tied in to the bilge area. The motors look great but that color around them makes it just that much crazier!
Andy

TOBTEK
10-18-2004, 06:13 PM
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=6710
I agree, VERY CLEAN back there!

XtrmWakeborder
10-18-2004, 06:44 PM
Very sick!

MACH26
10-18-2004, 08:42 PM
From what I here, The rigger on that boat went to the University of DCB ;)

WetWillie
10-18-2004, 09:17 PM
Ohhhhhh now its making sense!! Beutiful boat by the way..

kidstuf
10-19-2004, 09:13 AM
actually you heard wrong... he's working on another project :wink:

MACH26
10-19-2004, 05:33 PM
actually you heard wrong... he's working on another project :wink:
My bad...either way you have yourself a VERY talented rigger!!! :smile:
Javier

green with envy
10-19-2004, 08:09 PM
Too bad they can't do this to all there boats. If this was not Bobs it wouldn't have this much attention. Qauntity has its price. Love there boats though.

XtrmWakeborder
10-19-2004, 08:28 PM
Too bad they can't do this to all there boats. If this was not Bobs it wouldn't have this much attention. Qauntity has its price. Love there boats though.
Too bad hardly any of the west coast boats do vacuum bagging and balsa core, but maybe this boat will be the one to change it.

green with envy
10-19-2004, 08:40 PM
Too bad hardly any of the west coast boats do vacuum bagging and balsa core, but maybe this boat will be the one to change it.
I still dont know any that do. This sure is not one of them.

XtrmWakeborder
10-19-2004, 08:52 PM
umm this boat was vacuum bagged with balsa coring...as stated by kidstuf

mbrown2
10-19-2004, 08:59 PM
Lavey does on certain models...and you can request as an option from them on other models...

andy01
10-19-2004, 09:06 PM
Lavey does on certain models...and you can request as an option from them on other models...
Before I bought my DCB I looked thier 26 deep v. The price as an option they told me on there boats was around 7k. for the difference it was worth buying the 2750.
Andy

kidstuf
10-19-2004, 09:23 PM
My bad...either way you have yourself a VERY talented rigger!!! :smile:
Javier
you're right... we are very happy to have him as a part of our team!

kidstuf
10-19-2004, 09:41 PM
this boat was in fact vacuum bagged with a balsa core and an epoxy /carbon fiber/ kevlar lay-up... we are currently exploring the possibility of incorporating this method into more/all of our production. ;)

Bre
10-19-2004, 09:43 PM
this boat was in fact vacuum bagged with a balsa core and an epoxy /carbon fiber/ kevlar lay-up... we are currently exploring the possibility of incorporating this method into more/all of our production. ;)
Awesome. I sure hope you guys end up going that way.

green with envy
10-19-2004, 10:22 PM
Not to start down the wrong path I just dont remember seeing it vacumed bagged as I was walking through acasoinally. Maybe I missed that part. Who knows not my place to really say. I still like the boat and your Dad. Maybe you can put some pics up of the vacume bagged process. I know if it was one of the first ones I did, I would of taken some pics.

kidstuf
10-20-2004, 08:47 AM
Not to start down the wrong path I just dont remember seeing it vacumed bagged as I was walking through acasoinally. Maybe I missed that part. Who knows not my place to really say. I still like the boat and your Dad. Maybe you can put some pics up of the vacume bagged process. I know if it was one of the first ones I did, I would of taken some pics.
this is not one of the first boats we've done using this process... we've been experimenting for years with all different kinds of exotic laminates and resin infusion/bagging processes... and if i can find some pics i will most certainly post them for you...

green with envy
10-21-2004, 05:45 PM
Figured this would end up as a dead issue.

kidstuf
10-21-2004, 06:55 PM
Figured this would end up as a dead issue.
:eek: it is a dead issue because unfortunately i have no pictures to satisfy the non-believers, and thats fine, but i would really appreciate it if you would not imply that i am a liar!

green with envy
10-21-2004, 07:47 PM
:eek: it is a dead issue because unfortunately i have no pictures to satisfy the non-believers, and thats fine, but i would really appreciate it if you would not imply that i am a liar!
Hey now I never called you a lier. I just simply said I dont recall the boat being vacumed bagged. I know the equipment is fairly good size. I did not see it in your lay up room,tape room, gel room. Maybe There is some other process that only takes a ryobi shop vack or something. Dont get me wrong they did a nice layup with the kevlar and poly resin, all the matt is layed with thaught and talent. I am just curious if this was over stated and it is too late to come clean or I am just a little uneducated for a new process. If that is the case I asked to see some pics of that. SO DON't GET SO DEFENSIVE.
It is a very nice boat. Ysidro and john did a clean job.

kidstuf
10-21-2004, 09:03 PM
Hey now I never called you a lier. I just simply said I dont recall the boat being vacumed bagged. I know the equipment is fairly good size. I did not see it in your lay up room,tape room, gel room. Maybe There is some other process that only takes a ryobi shop vack or something. Dont get me wrong they did a nice layup with the kevlar and poly resin, all the matt is layed with thaught and talent. I am just curious if this was over stated and it is too late to come clean or I am just a little uneducated for a new process. If that is the case I asked to see some pics of that. SO DON't GET SO DEFENSIVE.
It is a very nice boat. Ysidro and john did a clean job.
look, by the fourth derogatory statement you made i got annoyed... instead of making comments like these as "green with envy" on the internet why not just ask jonny, or ysidro, or my dad to answer your questions the next time you're at our shop??

green with envy
10-21-2004, 09:15 PM
They are not the one that made the statement. I think you need to answer this one.

kidstuf
10-21-2004, 09:20 PM
They are not the one that made the statement. I think you need to answer this one.
:confused: i thought i did...

green with envy
10-21-2004, 09:24 PM
I will tell you what, I will make a dead issue out of this. Just be carefull what is said you never know who is lurking around. Eliminator is a great company. Bob has really got involved again and he is a stand up guy. I would purchase a boat from them ,if that was the market I was interested in. Good dualing with ya Brandi..

XtrmWakeborder
10-21-2004, 09:28 PM
Just somethin to break the tension...u both have the same post counts...neat lol

kidstuf
10-21-2004, 09:45 PM
I will tell you what, I will make a dead issue out of this. Just be carefull what is said you never know who is lurking around. Eliminator is a great company. Bob has really got involved again and he is a stand up guy. I would purchase a boat from them ,if that was the market I was interested in. Good dualing with ya Brandi..
:D again you IMPLY that i am not telling the truth... if you think that BOB is a stand up guy than i suggest you ask HIM wether or not his boat was vacuum bagged before discrediting my statements... Good dualing with you to who ever you are... :wink:

kidstuf
10-21-2004, 09:46 PM
Just somethin to break the tension...u both have the same post counts...neat lol
lol... :D :D