PDA

View Full Version : Spam!!!! Lift, wheels and tires for sale!!!

Froggystyle
10-08-2004, 03:01 PM
I am selling my lift, tires and wheels in one shot to a lucky hot boater. Parts have a little over 12,000 miles on them, and are in great working shape. Below is a pic...
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=6436&stc=1
2002 Chevrolet 2500HD 2WD Alison Duramax.
RCD 6" lift with Bilsteins and front torsion keys lifting a total of 8" in front (level). 37" 12.50 BF Goodrich Mud terrains on KMC Enduro Forged 18"x9" rims.
Everything is cherry. Retail on the kit is around $1800, plus a couple of hundred for the torsion index keys in front. Tires are around $375 per, with the wheels being about $275 per plus mounting/balancing. All told, retail would be around $4600 or so. Will sell whole shootin match for $3400. Includes polished stainless strut rods in front. If you get the whole thing, I will throw in the custom cut and shaped front bumper with it.
Wheels/tires only for $2400. Lift only for $1100. I can get a good deal on install too through a local shop here when I pull it off.
Before you ask... I am pulling it off because my 22's just showed up for the SEMA show this year, and we are doing a 14" drop from stock with an Air-Ride four link kit. All told, the bumper will be dropping about 22 inches from where it is at right now. Cool
Call me at (619) 823-5643 if you have any questions or wes@tridentboats.com
Spam on spammers...

Sleek-Jet
10-08-2004, 03:22 PM
Lifted 2wd trucks look hoopty. :D

mbrown2
10-08-2004, 03:45 PM
Froggy, give Alcoholic a call, he might be interested in this....think he is getting another Duramax 05...

Froggystyle
10-08-2004, 03:52 PM
Froggy, give Alcoholic a call, he might be interested in this....think he is getting another Duramax 05...
Dang,
I would need to start giving Chris a bulk discount. He bought the Welds from me last year when I got these!
These are really nice though. They are just big.

Froggystyle
10-08-2004, 03:55 PM
Lifted 2wd trucks look hoopty. :D
What eva!
The entire time I have owned this truck, not once have I ever thought to myself... "Damn... I wish I had 4WD..."
Fact is, it is easier to lift, easier to drive, gets better mileage, is cheaper initially and is less complex with fewer parts to break.
But other than that... ;)

ROZ
10-08-2004, 04:03 PM
I use to love seeing bots dots reflecting in the rear view after peeling them up of the freeway. Looks cool at night :D

Sleek-Jet
10-08-2004, 04:03 PM
What eva!
The entire time I have owned this truck, not once have I ever thought to myself... "Damn... I wish I had 4WD..."
Fact is, it is easier to lift, easier to drive, gets better mileage, is cheaper initially and is less complex with fewer parts to break.
But other than that... ;)
Jeeze Froggy...
I really was just looking for a reason to say "hoopty". :D

Froggystyle
10-09-2004, 11:34 AM
Jeeze Froggy...
I really was just looking for a reason to say "hoopty". :D
Good word.... :D

voodoomedman
10-09-2004, 03:16 PM
No offense Froggy but.....
What a waste. Take that beautiful lifted chevy and slam it to the ground. I think I'm gonna shed a tear.

ratso
10-09-2004, 03:18 PM
We are headed to The Heart Of Texas Fair And Rodeo...
Anybody else have plans? :D

ratso
10-09-2004, 03:19 PM
I always do that damnit...supposed to be a new thread. :burningm:

Froggystyle
10-09-2004, 05:10 PM
What a waste. Take that beautiful lifted chevy and slam it to the ground. I think I'm gonna shed a tear.
I hate lifted trucks. I love me some dropped slammas though.
Just looks cooler to me. Anyone can lift a truck. This air drop we are doing is about a $13,000K install. I have yet to see one locally, and I see three trucks just like mine every minute.
Not to mention it will be a rocket with the Edge/Diesel Dynamics deal with smaller tires and no lift.
I can't wait.

Froggystyle
10-09-2004, 05:11 PM
But thanks for the compliment!

voodoomedman
10-09-2004, 05:35 PM
Well I do wish there weren't that many lifted trucks but at least mine is a yellow that you have to kill somebody to get. I thought you lived in SoCal though. I see slammed trucks everywhere down here. At least since your doing it your going to do it right. No cut springs or coils or any 200 buddies garage job. I just personally hate slammed trucks. To each his own I guess.

cigarette1
10-10-2004, 07:12 AM
Who can lower a 4WD 2004 Ford F150 ?
:cool:

Froggystyle
10-10-2004, 09:20 AM
Who can lower a 4WD 2004 Ford F150 ?
:cool:
If it is a 1/2 ton, it is easy.
I dumped my 4WD Durango R/T, which they don't make a kit for. I am pretty sure they make a kit for the Ford.

Goodtime$
10-10-2004, 09:35 AM
can you tow a deckboat with a bagged pickup? just curious because i have yet to see that done....
i never thought of towing when i had a 4link on my ranger, even with bump stops and the whole other worthless parts i had on that dumper. Just curious if that is possible to do? safely etc

Froggystyle
10-10-2004, 10:21 AM
can you tow a deckboat with a bagged pickup? just curious because i have yet to see that done....
i never thought of towing when i had a 4link on my ranger, even with bump stops and the whole other worthless parts i had on that dumper. Just curious if that is possible to do? safely etc
From what I have been told by Air-Ride, the kit I am getting does not reduce the capacity of the truck one ounce. It is still rated for 3/4 ton, as I am adapting a 1.5 ton dually kit to it. In addition, all of the stuff is rated for the full HD truck.
From what I understand, the reason you don't see a lot of new trucks dumped properly is that in order to C notch them, you need to have a strong frame, not something any of the new 1/4 tons or 1/2 tons are known for. The HD trucks have a much heavier frame, and will take the notch well.
In addition, the guy from Air ride told me that "you know that crossmember under the tranny?" I said yes.. He said "Well, if we didn't put the modified one in, that would be your e-brake when you let the air out!
So, the frame will hit the ground.
I forgot to mention, if anyone wants the lift, I can do it for $3750 installed.

BLOWN HOWARD
10-10-2004, 02:00 PM
From what I have been told by Air-Ride, the kit I am getting does not reduce the capacity of the truck one ounce. It is still rated for 3/4 ton, as I am adapting a 1.5 ton dually kit to it. In addition, all of the stuff is rated for the full HD truck.
From what I understand, the reason you don't see a lot of new trucks dumped properly is that in order to C notch them, you need to have a strong frame, not something any of the new 1/4 tons or 1/2 tons are known for. The HD trucks have a much heavier frame, and will take the notch well.
In addition, the guy from Air ride told me that "you know that crossmember under the tranny?" I said yes.. He said "Well, if we didn't put the modified one in, that would be your e-brake when you let the air out!
So, the frame will hit the ground.
I forgot to mention, if anyone wants the lift, I can do it for $3750 installed.
3750 installed huh?? Will this kit fit a 2004 2wd crew cab diesel? Lets talk about this!!!!!

Froggystyle
10-10-2004, 02:10 PM
3750 installed huh?? Will this kit fit a 2004 2wd crew cab diesel? Lets talk about this!!!!!
It looks like it will fit. The kit is listed as a 2001-2004 2500HD kit.
Bumper would be different though, so you wouldn't need mine.

XtrmWakeborder
10-10-2004, 02:34 PM
Can't wait to see the truck dumped froggy, i dont think ive ever seen a truck like urs bagged. Are you getting the shockwave unit with the shocks inside the bag?

BLOWN HOWARD
10-10-2004, 08:57 PM
It looks like it will fit. The kit is listed as a 2001-2004 2500HD kit.
Bumper would be different though, so you wouldn't need mine.
Talk to your install guy and let me know what he thinks about it. I need to check on some funds i am between buying and selling houses right now. I might be able to skim some money off the top off one of them.

Jordy
10-10-2004, 09:27 PM
I'm looking forward to seeing it at SEMA. Up or down. You could always just sell half the lift and lower half the truck. Best of both worlds. :D
Or you could do like some people around here and lift the back and lower the front. Put some stickers of your favorite cow on the door (complete with cowbell) and rock it. :D :D :D

Froggystyle
10-11-2004, 09:11 AM
Talk to your install guy and let me know what he thinks about it. I need to check on some funds i am between buying and selling houses right now. I might be able to skim some money off the top off one of them.
It is a definite fit. Drop me a line today if you want. I have it in a couple of other places too.
(619) 447-6858

Froggystyle
10-12-2004, 08:04 AM
Hey Jordy... Just got off the phone with Air-Ride. Kit is inbound.
Now, for the nightmare install marathon... ;)

Jordy
10-12-2004, 08:07 AM
I'm sure you'll be all over the pics, before, during and afta. Keep us posted. Should be pretty sick when it's done, not that it's not sick now (for a 2wd that is. ;) ) :D :D

Froggystyle
10-12-2004, 10:15 AM
I'm sure you'll be all over the pics, before, during and afta. Keep us posted. Should be pretty sick when it's done, not that it's not sick now (for a 2wd that is. ;) ) :D :D
Here is the plan...
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=6542&stc=1

Jordy
10-12-2004, 12:11 PM
is that an Escalade front clip? :cool:

Froggystyle
10-12-2004, 01:45 PM
is that an Escalade front clip? :cool:
Was. I think it will look really cool if I just black the whole front of the truck out. No chrome at all. I am putting Black "Go Rhino" street tubes on the sides to take up the space on the frame too. Much tighter with no steps than the Smittybilt deals.

Jordy
10-12-2004, 03:32 PM
I'll be at SEMA Wednesday and Thursday. Looking forward to seeing it (and whatever other else you drag up there). :D

Froggystyle
10-13-2004, 05:34 PM
I'll be at SEMA Wednesday and Thursday. Looking forward to seeing it (and whatever other else you drag up there). :D
Got a little somethin somethin up my sleeve now... ;)

riverrunner
10-15-2004, 11:09 AM
Here is the plan...
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=6542&stc=1
That is sick. How's it coming along and what kind of rims are those? Will it be in the boat area with a Trident behind it?

Froggystyle
10-16-2004, 10:21 AM
That is sick. How's it coming along and what kind of rims are those? Will it be in the boat area with a Trident behind it?
Thanks for the good words, but those are not the rims that are going on it now. We just upgraded a little ;) The ones we are running now are KMC 22" Backseats. Here is a revised pic.
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=6660&stc=1
It has the graphics that are going on the first boat on it to match. Currently being done (last minute of course...)

Lightning
10-16-2004, 10:32 AM
Good Mornin' Canadian

Froggystyle
10-18-2004, 08:23 AM
...Mornin... :D

riverrunner
10-18-2004, 01:10 PM
No offense, but I like the ones on the original drawing better. Where will you be at SEMA? In the boat area? I read somewhere that you might not be taking a Trident, How's the boat coming along, any updates? I've been following your progress since you first talked about Trident and have been impressed the entire way through. Keep up the good work.

Froggystyle
10-18-2004, 01:31 PM
No offense, but I like the ones on the original drawing better. Where will you be at SEMA? In the boat area? I read somewhere that you might not be taking a Trident, How's the boat coming along, any updates? I've been following your progress since you first talked about Trident and have been impressed the entire way through. Keep up the good work.
Yeah, the other ones are nice, but they don't make those in an 8 lug pattern. KMC makes the nicest 8 lugs if you ask me.
We will be at SEMA, we will not be bringing a boat.
The boat is coming along well. We had a little hangup with the seasoning the mold process which resulted in a couple of stuck areas but it is getting repaired now, and should be moving back ahead soon.
Thanks for the good words, we love to hear 'em!
Wes

riverrunner
10-18-2004, 02:02 PM
That's a bummer about the boat man. Where are you going to be showing at SEMA? I'm coming out for a few days, I'll stop by.

Froggystyle
10-18-2004, 05:48 PM
That's a bummer about the boat man. Where are you going to be showing at SEMA? I'm coming out for a few days, I'll stop by.
We will be in the Marine Performance pavillion again.
I know... I am bummed no boat still... :mad:

Froggystyle
10-19-2004, 09:43 PM
Hot tip... If you ever decide to lower your full size heavy duty with a four link in the rear, go ahead and factor install cost into the mix.
This is miserable!!!!! :(

Kilrtoy
10-19-2004, 09:51 PM
Hot tip... If you ever decide to lower your full size heavy duty with a four link in the rear, go ahead and factor install cost into the mix.
This is miserable!!!!! :(
WHY THE F$%# WOULD ANYONE LOWER A HEAVY DUTY
Come on Wes, This is a bad joke.
That is like making a mustang a 4X4

BajaMike
10-19-2004, 10:35 PM
Yeah, the other ones are nice, but they don't make those in an 8 lug pattern. KMC makes the nicest 8 lugs if you ask me.
We will be at SEMA, we will not be bringing a boat.
The boat is coming along well. We had a little hangup with the seasoning the mold process which resulted in a couple of stuck areas but it is getting repaired now, and should be moving back ahead soon.
Thanks for the good words, we love to hear 'em!
Wes
Hey, Froggy......where and when is SEMA?

Froggystyle
10-20-2004, 09:00 AM
I'm trying to figure out why anyone would lift one personally. It made it hard to get stuff in the back, it was tough to drive in traffic, the tires are loud, the truck is ostentatious, you can't fit in short parking garages, it is harder to get in and out of, your gear ratio goes the wrong way for performance and you lose gas mileage.
Lowered, the CG is better for towing a boat, it is easier to load, it fits everywhere, it should drive a lot nicer and handle better, the tires will be quieter, etc....
Plus, I like lowered vehicles. People ask me all the time why would you drop a Corvette? I also get far more compliments on my Corvette that is down nearly 2 1/2 inches than I ever did on the very same car without the drop.
Plus, I like being unique. There are only three HD's in the country that are dropped like this. I saw three trucks lifted like mine in the last three minutes going down Magnolia Ave here.

Froggystyle
10-20-2004, 09:01 AM
Hey, Froggy......where and when is SEMA?
Las Vegas Convention Center November 1-5.
I think it is www.semashow.com or something. Might be .org.

Lightning
10-20-2004, 09:03 AM
You have to remember, he's got a 2wd not a 4x4.

superdave013
10-20-2004, 09:16 AM
Frog, don't go to low. It's still gotta get my fat ass to the top of Noble. lmao

BajaMike
10-20-2004, 10:58 AM
I'm trying to figure out why anyone would lift one personally. It made it hard to get stuff in the back, it was tough to drive in traffic, the tires are loud, the truck is ostentatious, you can't fit in short parking garages, it is harder to get in and out of, your gear ratio goes the wrong way for performance and you lose gas mileage.
Lowered, the CG is better for towing a boat, it is easier to load, it fits everywhere, it should drive a lot nicer and handle better, the tires will be quieter, etc....
Plus, I like lowered vehicles. People ask me all the time why would you drop a Corvette? I also get far more compliments on my Corvette that is down nearly 2 1/2 inches than I ever did on the very same car without the drop.
Plus, I like being unique. There are only three HD's in the country that are dropped like this. I saw three trucks lifted like mine in the last three minutes going down Magnolia Ave here.
I agree with Froggy.....raised and big tires really hurts your towing performance....as well as all the other points he made. :D
My 2 cents....
:2purples:

Froggystyle
10-20-2004, 01:42 PM
Frog, don't go to low. It's still gotta get my fat ass to the top of Noble. lmao
I've got big-rig style air bags in back now... I think it will handle you!

Froggystyle
10-27-2004, 12:35 AM
OK this was a nightmare.
Pretty much done though. Waiting on paint for the front end and rollpan and some logos now.
Lift is out and all cleaned up if anyone wants a pic or two.
I have a couple offers on just the lift, so if someone is interested in the tires and wheels, I will sell them alone for $2400 obo.

XtrmWakeborder
10-27-2004, 04:45 PM
bump, snap some pics when it comes out of paint froggy

Froggystyle
11-10-2004, 04:11 PM
bump, snap some pics when it comes out of paint froggy
Here you go bro...
http://www.highperformancecars.com/froggystyle/collagesema.jpg

Froggystyle
11-10-2004, 04:24 PM
A couple of pics of the RCD lift for sale all cleaned up...
http://www.highperformancecars.com/froggystyle/lift_collage_copy.jpg
$1100 for the kit. $1700 installed. I will take some pics of the tires in a little while.

XtrmWakeborder
11-10-2004, 10:03 PM
my new wallpaper....turned out really really nice. Nice update by the way

Froggystyle
11-11-2004, 09:06 AM
my new wallpaper....turned out really really nice. Nice update by the way
Ummm... It's just a lift kit.
J/K. Thanks for the good words. Sport Truck magazine and others are going to have some features on it, so I should get some better shots here soon.
If I drag my feet long enough, I may actually get a pic of the real boat in the mags.
How funny would that be... a truck magazine covers the real boat before a boat mag does??? :D :D

Froggystyle
11-11-2004, 09:34 AM
This just in... I dropped the price on the whole shootin match to $3000, or $3600 installed. The lift is $1K now.
Let's get this off the floor of my shop folks!!!!

XtrmWakeborder
11-11-2004, 02:12 PM
Ummm... It's just a lift kit.
J/K. Thanks for the good words. Sport Truck magazine and others are going to have some features on it, so I should get some better shots here soon.
If I drag my feet long enough, I may actually get a pic of the real boat in the mags.
How funny would that be... a truck magazine covers the real boat before a boat mag does??? :D :D
very nice! deffinately a magazine quality truck. Now get back to work on the boat!

Kilrtoy
11-12-2004, 03:24 PM
I like lowered also, But theyare apain in the ass. my last truck (ACTUALLY THE WIFES) was sweet to look at , but that is as far as it went. Speed bumps huge dips lauunching the boat. What a nightmare. the truck looked sweet though

Froggystyle
11-12-2004, 03:49 PM
I like lowered also, But theyare apain in the ass. my last truck (ACTUALLY THE WIFES) was sweet to look at , but that is as far as it went. Speed bumps huge dips lauunching the boat. What a nightmare. the truck looked sweet though
So far, this truck tows a lot better than it did lifted, rides better than stock, and is all around more my style.
No nightmares. Air ride baby!