PDA

View Full Version : Dave Chappelle's reasons for walking away

Freak
04-13-2006, 05:57 AM
In a 10-page spread in the Esquire magazine arriving Saturday, he says he closed "Chappelle" for reasons cultural, professional and personal.
Culturally: "The bottom line was, white people own everything, and where can a black person go and be himself or say something that's familiar to him and not have to explain or apologize?"
WHAT????
Professionally: "I felt like I was really pressured to settle for something that I didn't necessarily feel like I wanted."
Ummm...ok....
Personally: "The thing about show business is that, in a way, it forces dysfunctional relationships in people."
Again WHAT??
Dear Dave:
Those are some weak ass answers. That the best you got? You snapped from the pressure. Tell the truth now......

MagicMtnDan
04-13-2006, 06:21 AM
Chappelle is a comic genius and a moron in real life.
And if I hear one more black person play the race card... :mad: :mad: :mad:

IMPATIENT 1
04-13-2006, 07:02 AM
Chappelle is a comic genius and a moron in real life.
And if I hear one more black person play the race card... :mad: :mad: :mad:
i'm with ya on that.shits gettin outta hand.i like the "go back to africa" sayin.see how you get treated there.oh, by the way,i'm a american indian not a cracker!lol :)

lakewake
04-13-2006, 07:58 AM
That is pretty weak since he wrote and produced the show. When you are the owner of the production you have complete artistic control. When you are handed a bag with 50 million dollars in it and you walk away and blame someone else, you’re not a genius you’re a coward. He didn't walk away from the money he ran from the scrutiny he was going to face if he could not perform at the next level.