PDA

View Full Version : Cheetah Boats II

24ROD
05-31-2002, 06:04 PM
Ok let's try this again. How many of you have a Cheetah? What do you have for power? How fast are you going? How do you like your boat?

DogHouse
05-31-2002, 06:28 PM
Not me any more!
-brian http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif

ratso
05-31-2002, 07:15 PM
I don't own one but I would be honored to be a part of this thread.

blown23vee
05-31-2002, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by DogHouse:
Not me any more!
You've got to be kidding...you traded??? Just when I'm working a deal on a 24'
stilletto!!! Yours isn't the one my buddy took in at sleek is it??

DogHouse
05-31-2002, 08:11 PM
Uh, yup, that'd be the one. They're going to swap my motor into a bunch of new fiberglass for me...
-brian

blown23vee
05-31-2002, 08:49 PM
Uh, yup, that'd be the one. They're going to swap my motor into a bunch of new fiberglass for me...
-brian
I wondered about giving away your new motor...I'm trying to do the very same...he's got a line on a '98 stilletto with a stock 7.4, & we're trying to work a deal that would swap that into my 23 sleek & put my motor in the cheetah. I like the sleek but it's a little too small...low & not enough freeboard. By the way, what glass are you putting your motor in??

24RODjr
05-31-2002, 08:54 PM
Looks like the old cheetah thread has died. That's cool...
I own a 24' cheeter with a super charged 7.4 MPI. I do about 81 on GPS (according to Bob Teague) I'm very happy with it, but I have a co-owner that's jealous because he hasn't driven it yet....
Don't playa hate pop...it doesn't suit you.
-Chris

blown23vee
05-31-2002, 09:21 PM
-brian
I wondered about giving away your new motor...I'm trying to do the very same...he's got a line on a '98 stilletto with a stock 7.4, & we're trying to work a deal that would swap that into my 23 sleek & put my motor in the cheetah. I like the sleek but it's a little too small...low & not enough freeboard. By the way, what glass are you putting your motor in??

DogHouse
05-31-2002, 10:08 PM
blown23vee, it's a 28 Magic Cat, mid-cabin/open bow for a bit more room for the little ones and smoother ride to keep everyone happy! Gel will look something like the deck boat on the websight or the 44 cat, purple/yellow with fades. Was talking with your friend at Sleek today, he mentioned your deal and said your motor runs real strong in that V... Just wait 'till it's in a tunnel... Should be fun!
24RODs, I'm still sorta part of the Cheetah family... Since I'm boatless I have to bum lake time with my buddy and his turbo beast 23 tunnel.
-brian

24ROD
06-01-2002, 04:14 AM
DogHouse, you picked a sweet boat to up-grade to. When are you expecting delivery?
Good luck and keep us posted...
-Carlos

24ROD
06-01-2002, 04:17 AM
Originally posted by ratso:
I don't own one but I would be honored to be a part of this thread.
ratso you don't need to own one to be in with us. What kind of boat do you have?

ratso
06-01-2002, 05:00 PM
Own a lot of boats because I have a boat business (repair and used boats), my favorite one that I have kept since 1987 is a HydroStream Viking YT, very fast and fun boat. Had everything from 16' to a 27' Chris Craft, trying to find a Stryker 2150 Stealth now to add to my collection of rigs that are NOT for sale. Can't list all the ones I've had or this thread will be longer than the LAST Cheetah thread. I LOVE HOT BOATS!!!

blown23vee
06-02-2002, 02:31 PM
blown23vee, it's a 28 Magic Cat, mid-cabin/open bow for a bit more room for the little ones and smoother ride to keep everyone happy! Gel will look something like the deck boat on the websight or the 44 cat, purple/yellow with fades. Was talking with your friend at Sleek today, he mentioned your deal and said your motor runs real strong in that V... Just wait 'till it's in a tunnel... Should be fun!
24RODs, I'm still sorta part of the Cheetah family... Since I'm boatless I have to bum lake time with my buddy and his turbo beast 23 tunnel.
-brian

blown23vee
06-02-2002, 02:34 PM
-brian
sounds like a cool 28 cat coming...can't wait to see it. yes, mine should scream...I pray the deal works out. Now what do I do, change my screen name to blown24vee?? veetunnel??? aaaahhhh!!!

24ROD
06-02-2002, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by blown23vee:
sounds like a cool 28 cat coming...can't wait to see it. yes, mine should scream...I pray the deal works out. Now what do I do, change my screen name to blown24vee?? veetunnel??? aaaahhhh!!!
What about Blown Cheeter?

Sandbar Mike
06-03-2002, 07:49 AM
Hey 24 Rods,
Congrad's on the Pro-Charger, Sorry to here about memorial weekend, I don't know whats worse no steering in your truck or an oiled out engine compartment. Good Luck , see you guy out there soon.
Well my 2001 23 Cheetah with the 6.2 scorpion is running very well, loaded up with 11 people,2 ice chest's and full tanks we where holding a stronmg 65mph. Best I've seen is 70mph.
Brian, Congrads on the new fiberglass, Hopefully you wont have to be off the water for too long. I'm thinking real hard about bring'n the 23 home to sell, I've been dealing with a guy in Texas on a sick 1999 30' Spectre for sale. Keep your fingers crossed for me.
Mike,
[This message has been edited by Sandbar Mike (edited June 03, 2002).]

DogHouse
06-04-2002, 05:45 AM
24RODs, check out the other thread on Pro Chargers. You could probably give some insight on mph gains per boost level since you just added the blower to your boat. Nice gain, by the way. 81 is cookin'!
Blown23Vee, I know what you mean about changing names. My next boat will not be called 'DogHouse' but seems like people don't like it much when you change screen names. Hmmm, what to do...
SandbarMike, the 30 Spectre is an awesome boat! I'm assuming that it has twins with some HP... Seems like most of those are built for one purpose, haulin A$$!!! Good luck on the deal and keep us posted.
-brian

24RODjr
06-05-2002, 02:40 PM
Having a little trouble with the supercharger right now. Pop took the boat out this weekend, and same oil problem happened after the breather was installed. Not sure at this point what's up, but will keep ya'll posted. Teague is still trying to make it right.

THOR
06-06-2002, 07:55 AM
I am in the market for something new as well. I have a 1992 Eliminator 243 Edge (interested).
How do Cheetahs handle? Good speed? For the price, they seem like fantastic boats.

Sandbar Mike
06-06-2002, 12:27 PM
Thor
They are very nice boats for the money.
They handle rough water well.
If you were seriously interested, I'd get the 24 with a midcuddy and open bow.
They start at 34K with a stock 6.2 and bravo1 drive, after you break your engine in at about 20 hours order a whipple charger and you'll be running about 500hp doing low 80 mph.
Check there shop out in Upland, ask for Ron or Dory. 909-931-3268
Mike Stafford

24RODjr
06-07-2002, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by THOR:
I am in the market for something new as well. I have a 1992 Eliminator 243 Edge (interested).
How do Cheetahs handle? Good speed? For the price, they seem like fantastic boats.
I'm with mike here. Like the boat, Love the handling...best of both worlds...cat's and Vee's.
Turns like a sports car and loves the small chop. I disagree with the Open bow cuddy...go closed or go home....besides, who want's to ride on the bow of an 80MPD tunnle?

DogHouse
06-07-2002, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by 24RODjr:
...go closed or go home....besides, who want's to ride on the bow of an 80MPD tunnle?
Same guy that wants to ride in the bow of a 90mph tunnel!

HeavyHitter
06-09-2002, 07:58 PM
Same guys that ride in the bow of my slug jet boat, only to ride in the bow of the slug Cheetah. Some day maybe I'll get enough Hp to stop being such a slug. For now I have to settle for 1124 with the boost all the way down. After the last two days of a week on Mohave I sure did miss the Cheetah. Took the jet boat for it's skiability, reliability. Still sorting all the drive power handling issues on the Cheetah.

Sandbar Mike
06-10-2002, 06:38 AM
SandbarMike, the 30 Spectre is an awesome boat! I'm assuming that it has twins with some HP... Seems like most of those are built for one purpose, haulin A$$!!! Good luck on the deal and keep us posted.
BRIAN,
THIS SPECTRE IS SICK,
IT'S A 1999 30FT TWIN 540 BULLDOGS XR'S, THE SELLER IS MARKETING THIS THING AT HITTING 110 MPH +, I'M TRYING TO WORK HIM DOWN ON THE PRICE, AND ALSO TRY'N TO CONVINCE THE BOSS TO FLY BACK WITH ME FOR A TEST DRIVE,
SHE'S TRY'N TO GET ME TO WAIT TILL NEXT YEAR,
I'M STILL WORKING ON HER.
GOODLUCK WITH YOUR MAGIC, THAT'S GONNA BE A SWEET RIDE.
MIKE

blown23vee
06-10-2002, 09:20 PM
Hey Brian, last weekend & this weekend were the kicker. Keeping the screen name, pitching the 23' hull. Got our asses kicked at "unpleasant" both weekends. Not bad in the channel to humbug but across open water, might as well have been on the fricken ocean. Called on two used 24 cheetahs & called Bob on a new one. Think I'll end up with the new one...Bob said if I want to do the deal, once I pick the boat & such he'll hand me the stock motor & I can pull mine & put the stocker in it. That'll be a bitch of a wait with no boat...oh wait, that's what you're doing!!

DogHouse
06-10-2002, 09:49 PM
Blown23vee, the Cheetah tunnel bottom is not what I'd call a soft riding boat in rough water (like Lake unPleasant on a busy or windy day). It does good in moderate chop up to 2' or so but beyond that you gotta slow down or lose a kidney. The tunnels are shallow and can slap pretty hard on landings. Maybe the 24 rides a little nicer than the 23 because of the extra weight??? Have you been for a ride in one? If not you might want to give it a try before committing!
-brian

24RODjr
06-11-2002, 11:55 AM
I'd agree. I think the 24' is a smoother ride than the 23' due to the added weight, but I still get "OUCH!" from my passengers when I get too buck wild in the big chop.
-Chris
Blown23vee, the Cheetah tunnel bottom is not what I'd call a soft riding boat in rough water (like Lake unPleasant on a busy or windy day). It does good in moderate chop up to 2' or so but beyond that you gotta slow down or lose a kidney. The tunnels are shallow and can slap pretty hard on landings. Maybe the 24 rides a little nicer than the 23 because of the extra weight??? Have you been for a ride in one? If not you might want to give it a try before committing!
-brian

24ROD
06-11-2002, 03:43 PM
I'd agree. I think the 24' is a smoother ride than the 23' due to the added weight, but I still get "OUCH!" from my passengers when I get too buck wild in the big chop.
-Chris
I will agree with junior on this one. I have driven both the 23' and the 24'. The 24' does ride smoother. But like Doghouse says that is only in moderate chop. You get the big chop under you and she does slaaaaaap pretty hard.
-Carlos

24ROD
06-12-2002, 03:58 PM
Jst to let you know, the ROD's were at Mohave last weekend. The Cheetah ran strong all weekend. Real happy with the install on the Pro-Charger, Teague took care of oil problem. Thanks to Mike King and Bob Teague for geting it fixed and back to me in time for our trip. Oh yea and 24ROD MOM says thanks too!
-Carlos

blown23vee
06-12-2002, 08:00 PM
Thanks for the input, guys...I have driven the 23 not the 24 but If it's like the 23 only smoother I'm pretty sold. Maybe right before I design & sign I'll make Bob take me for a quick spin in one.

24ROD
06-13-2002, 09:45 PM
Thanks for the input, guys...I have driven the 23 not the 24 but If it's like the 23 only smoother I'm pretty sold. Maybe right before I design & sign I'll make Bob take me for a quick spin in one.
Hey blown23vee If it so happens that we are up at Havasu at the same time. Myself or jr would gladly take you for a spin. Next couple of weeks are kind of busy but after that looks like clear sailing.
-Carlos

24RODjr
06-14-2002, 05:57 AM
Pop and I asked for a test drive before we signed as well. It wasn't a problem. Cheetah bob was happy to take us out because he knew we'd get hooked on the tunnel! http://free.***boat.net/ubb/smile.gif
Originally posted by 24ROD:
Hey blown23vee If it so happens that we are up at Havasu at the same time. Myself or jr would gladly take you for a spin. Next couple of weeks are kind of busy but after that looks like clear sailing.
-Carlos

blown23vee
06-17-2002, 06:41 PM
-Carlos
Hey, 24rod...thanks for the offer...definitely take you up on that...I'll let you know when we'll be there again, shouldn't be too long. If you got a funky e-mail that was me...I'm not sure if when I e-mailed you it went through or not.
thanks again...

24ROD
06-18-2002, 08:04 PM
blown23vee
You are welcome. I tried to e-mail you back but I could'nt get it to go thru for some reason. Keep in touch talk to you later...
-Carlos

24RODjr
06-18-2002, 08:35 PM
It's cool pop...i'm sure blown understands that you're not too electricly inclined...
http://free.***boat.net/ubb/wink.gif
blown23vee
You are welcome. I tried to e-mail you back but I could'nt get it to go thru for some reason. Keep in touch talk to you later...
-Carlos

BoatFloating
06-19-2002, 09:07 AM
Pop and I asked for a test drive before we signed as well. It wasn't a problem. Cheetah bob was happy to take us out because he knew we'd get hooked on the tunnel! http://free.***boat.net/ubb/smile.gif
I'll give you a different perspective on Bob and Cheetah Boat's. I have a friend who has a Fast Cat and had some major cracks on both sponsons. He contacted Cheetah to fix boat. At first thet didn't want to fix it because he was the second owner. Even though it was still under warranty. After bitch'n alot he agreed to fix it. This where it gets good. He said it would take 2 weeks to fix. That turned into 6 weeks. Bob and my buddy got into a pretty heated cussing match.
The repairs that were said to be made were cutting floor re-glassing both sponsons and gel coating both sponsons. Putting new carpet under seats where the floor was cut to re-glass. So first trip out this year we pulled boat out of the water and guess what, the major cracks are back on both sides. So after pulling seats up which were screwed in by dry wall screws (that's a nice touch). He pulled up new carpet and to his suprise the floor was never cut out and the sponsons were never re-glassed. All he did was put new carpet down to make it look like he fixed it. The only thing they did was grind and gel coat outside sponsons. The cracks are back after one time on lake. My friend needs the help of the board to get his boat fixed right. As owners of Cheetah's you should expect more if you have a problem with your ride. I don't care if your the second or third owner. If he treats warranty issues like this do you think my friend will buy another Cheetah. Hey guys and gals help a brother out!!!!

DogHouse
06-19-2002, 12:17 PM
BoatFloating what exactly are you looking for in terms of help from the board? I think most would agree that Bob needs to step up and fix the boat the right way as long as it was under warranty at the time and the cracks didn't occur due to collision, etc. (not saying they did) I was lucky with my 23, I ran it very hard and had no major problems, and the small ones were taken care of with no arguments. One thing I will say is don't waste your time getting into pissing contests with a skunk. If you want good service out of Bob you'll have to keep him on your side. I'm not saying that's the right way for him to do business but it IS the "way it is" with him. I know it's hard to not get mad in situations like that but it's just not going to help the cause if you do. It's probably going to take some tongue biting and a lot of patience... Good luck, and I hope everything gets resolved correctly.
-brian

Pure Magic
06-19-2002, 12:28 PM
BoatFloating what exactly are you looking for in terms of help from the board? I think most would agree that Bob needs to step up and fix the boat the right way as long as it was under warranty at the time and the cracks didn't occur due to collision, etc. (not saying they did) I was lucky with my 23, I ran it very hard and had no major problems, and the small ones were taken care of with no arguments. One thing I will say is don't waste your time getting into pissing contests with a skunk. If you want good service out of Bob you'll have to keep him on your side. I'm not saying that's the right way for him to do business but it IS the "way it is" with him. I know it's hard to not get mad in situations like that but it's just not going to help the cause if you do. It's probably going to take some tongue biting and a lot of patience... Good luck, and I hope everything gets resolved correctly.
-brian
Brian, Did you get your email.
Tom

DogHouse
06-19-2002, 12:40 PM
That was probably my home email, so I'll get it tonight. During the day it's the same user name but the domain is honeywell.com.
-brian

24ROD
06-19-2002, 04:38 PM
boatfloating
I agree with Doghouse. Bob has taken care of any little problem we have had with our boat.We have not had any big ones like what your talking about. I can't speak for your friend but he has always done right by us!
Good Luck
-Carlos
[This message has been edited by 24ROD (edited June 19, 2002).]

24RODjr
06-19-2002, 07:03 PM
Hey man...sorry to hear about your buddy's boat. That sucks ass no matter who the maufacturer is; however, I do agree...yelling and getting all pissed doesn't accomplish much with this guy...just seems to push out deadlines (I know this...happy to tell the story over a beer or 6).
Good luck man.
-Chris

24ROD
06-21-2002, 01:18 PM
Jr I guess I forgot about your Lake Mead trip. Oh well......... http://free.***boat.net/ubb/confused.gif

24RODjr
06-21-2002, 03:37 PM
I'm heading up to mead 2nd weekend in July for the first time in my life. Anyone know of a good spot/spots to meet some cool peeps and knock a few back?
P.S. Pop and I will be floating (quickly) on Elsinore this Sunday. Anyone in?

okburp
06-21-2002, 05:09 PM
i have a 24 fast cat with a 496 mag. only 16 hours on the motor, my trim pump has gone bad already anyone out there with the same problems?????

24ROD
06-22-2002, 09:52 AM
Hey guys what's up? Just thought I would let you know that 24ROD is now the actuator repair GURU. Our engine hatch would not go down. So we 24ROD MOM and me took the actuator out, took it apart, and unbound it. Saved about 260 bucks http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif Called Eddie Marine before we did the repair. They told me the only way to fix it, was to by a new actuator from them. Right.......... http://free.***boat.net/ubb/rolleyes.gif
[This message has been edited by 24ROD (edited June 22, 2002).]

24RODjr
06-22-2002, 11:22 AM
Props for two things pop....PAY THE MAN! Cha CHING!, and for fixing an "electrical" problem....waaaaaaaaaaaaaassssuuuuuuuuup?!
Hey guys what's up? Just thought I would let you know that 24ROD is now the actuator repair GURU. Our engine hatch would not go down. So we 24ROD MOM and me took the actuator out, took it apart, and unbound it. Saved about 260 bucks http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif Called Eddie Marine before we did the repair. They told me the only way to fix it, was to by a new actuator from them. Right.......... http://free.***boat.net/ubb/rolleyes.gif

24RODjr
06-22-2002, 11:22 AM
Props for two things pop....PAY THE MAN! Cha CHING!, and for fixing an "electrical" problem....waaaaaaaaaaaaaassssuuuuuuuuup?!

24RODjr
06-22-2002, 11:24 AM
Also...regarding the bad trim pump...take it to a mercruiser authorized dealer. With only 16 hrs, you should be able to get that picked up.
You can get the customer service number off of www.mercurymarine.com (http://www.mercurymarine.com) if you boat is out of warranty. Call that number and bitch....I did and got our outdrive fixed for free (saved over 3K) http://free.***boat.net/ubb/smile.gif

24ROD
06-22-2002, 12:36 PM
Jr I forgot 24ROD dosn't do electical.... http://free.***boat.net/ubb/tongue.gif

24RODjr
06-24-2002, 12:36 PM
Or spelling.... http://free.***boat.net/ubb/wink.gif
... 24ROD doEsn't do electRical.... http://free.***boat.net/ubb/tongue.gif

bigq
06-24-2002, 02:36 PM
[This message has been edited by 24ROD
(edited June 22, 2002).]
Nice that you fixed it, but what was the problem, for future reference of course. http://www.plauder-smilies.de/thinkerg.gif
Thanks, Wayne

24ROD
06-24-2002, 05:17 PM
bigq, The problem was that when I opened the hatch, I wasn't paying attention. I ran the ram all the way up. It got stuck there and would not come down. So I pulled the acuator out of the boat, and took it apart. The ram in the cylinder is on a worm drive, so i just had to give it a little help. Turned it the other way. Put it back together put it
back in the boat, and it works fine...... http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif
-Carlos
[This message has been edited by 24ROD (edited June 24, 2002).]

Sandbar Mike
06-25-2002, 06:50 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by BoatFloating:
[B] I'll give you a different perspective on Bob and Cheetah Boat's. I have a friend who has a Fast Cat and had some major cracks on both sponsons. He contacted Cheetah to fix boat. At first thet didn't want to fix it because he was the second owner. Even though it was still under warranty. After bitch'n alot he agreed to fix it. This where it gets good. He said it would take 2 weeks to fix. That turned into 6 weeks. Bob and my buddy got into a pretty heated cussing match.
Boat Floating
How in the hell did your buddy crack both sponsons, Just curious. I have absolutley hammered my 23, I've had that 23 4ft out of the water with some weight in it and didn't take on any damage. Not to say that cheetah's are indistructable, your buddy must have hammered that thing hard or did he buy it with the sponson damage?
I have to agree with Doghouse on the repair, your guys best chance is to be as cool and calm with Bob as possible. From what I have herd is Bob's a cheap ass when it comes to warranty items. I would ask him to open up the floor in that thing (in the off season) and take a look at what is caused the cracking, he's going to know if its a defective hull or operator error right away. Possible offer to pay a little cash if you have to. I know it defeats the purpose of Warranty, but I would just stay as cool as possible and work on him. my 2 cents
Mike

24ROD
06-26-2002, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by Sandbar Mike:
[B] I'll give you a different perspective on Bob and Cheetah Boat's. I have a friend who has a Fast Cat and had some major cracks on both sponsons. He contacted Cheetah to fix boat. At first thet didn't want to fix it because he was the second owner. Even though it was still under warranty. After bitch'n alot he agreed to fix it. This where it gets good. He said it would take 2 weeks to fix. That turned into 6 weeks. Bob and my buddy got into a pretty heated cussing match.
Boat Floating
How in the hell did your buddy crack both sponsons, Just curious. I have absolutley hammered my 23, I've had that 23 4ft out of the water with some weight in it and didn't take on any damage. Not to say that cheetah's are indistructable, your buddy must have hammered that thing hard or did he buy it with the sponson damage?
I have to agree with Doghouse on the repair, your guys best chance is to be as cool and calm with Bob as possible. From what I have herd is Bob's a cheap ass when it comes to warranty items. I would ask him to open up the floor in that thing (in the off season) and take a look at what is caused the cracking, he's going to know if its a defective hull or operator error right away. Possible offer to pay a little cash if you have to. I know it defeats the purpose of Warranty, but I would just stay as cool as possible and work on him. my 2 cents
Mike
As far as the ROD's are conserned Bob has always done right by us. Like Sandbar Mike we have run our boat pretty hard, in some real rough water. It has managed to stay together pretty well. Just our 2 cents.

pleasantcat
06-26-2002, 09:52 PM
well you change your name to blwn&stilldoing80s hehehe see ya at work

pleasantcat
06-26-2002, 09:55 PM
well you could use blwn&stilldoin80s hehehe see ya at work

TOBTEK
06-27-2002, 11:35 AM
ok, was a lurker for months. and you all say "POST". DONT SLAM ME! ill be P,C and just say with regaurds to CHEETAH BOATS, get EVERYTHING IN WRITTING! My brother had a really bad experence with Bob in Havasu. Really over promised and underdelivered.Wrong colors, put a used non-EFI motor on, when promised new EFI. And it had a very strang seam in the gel coat, were it looked as though he extended the mold.Im really sorry for all the loyal cheetah fans, Weather its Cheeteh, DCB, Lavey, ECT. When you order a new custom boat, Get every color option, power option, EVERY, EVERYTHING in writting. OK, NOW SAID. NONT BASH ME.....

24RODjr
06-27-2002, 11:53 AM
Brother I'm right there with you. Gotta have it in writing with everyone. Weather it's a new car, new boat, or new house (hey pop) you'd be less than smart to have a full WRITTEN agreement as to what you bought and when you are supposed to get it.
Just my $.02
Originally posted by TOBTEK:
ok, was a lurker for months. and you all say "POST". DONT SLAM ME! ill be P,C and just say with regaurds to CHEETAH BOATS, get EVERYTHING IN WRITTING! My brother had a really bad experence with Bob in Havasu. Really over promised and underdelivered.Wrong colors, put a used non-EFI motor on, when promised new EFI. And it had a very strang seam in the gel coat, were it looked as though he extended the mold.Im really sorry for all the loyal cheetah fans, Weather its Cheeteh, DCB, Lavey, ECT. When you order a new custom boat, Get every color option, power option, EVERY, EVERYTHING in writting. OK, NOW SAID. NONT BASH ME.....

Sandbar Mike
06-27-2002, 02:00 PM
TOBTEK,
That's why I only gave Cheetah a $1000.00 deposit to build. They didn't get there money until I got the boat I wanted and ordered. I was lucky I guess, Mine turned out really good.
Mike
P.S. want to buy it (next month)? Joke

24ROD
06-27-2002, 06:15 PM
Hey Mike, Any news on the Spectre? Were you able to talk her into it? If so let me Know how you did it.
-Carlos

BoatFloating
06-30-2002, 05:43 PM
Boat Floating
Mike
Mike, The cracks are stress cracks not caused by a crash. Again this is a friends boat and him and Bob are done trying to fix a warranty issue. Bob said he fixed it the first time and didn't.I was trying to let you know what happened and you as Cheetah owners need to put presure on boat manf. to stand by their product no matter if the are a tight ass or not. Stand by your product and fix it right the first time. This why my friend will never ever buy a Cheetah again. All Bob had to do was fix the first time.
BF.......

24ROD
06-30-2002, 09:06 PM
boatfloating, I could see where your friend would never buy a Cheetah again. As you say he had a bad experiance. But as a satisfied Cheetah owner,I find it hard to put as you say pressure on someone who has been good to us. I had a bad experiance with a Dodge Durango that was a total POS. From the day it was new. Yet it was up to me and no one else to get it resolved. He (your friend) may not be happy with his (Cheetah) but there are alot of people that are and I am one of them.

Sandbar Mike
07-01-2002, 05:53 AM
Boat Floating,
I hope I didn't flare you temper, It looks like your buddy got what he paid for. Tuff break. I'm glad I got lucky.
Hey Rods,
The wife and I were in the channel on Saturday and were lucky enough to meat a guy with a 30' spectre, He took up for a quick spin. I mean quick. Tim was very generous it probably cost him $30 gas for that spin. The wife is sold, but we have agreed to finish the season with the 23, pick up a Spectre some time around xmas. I'll keep my fingers crossed maybe this seller will still have this one I've been looking at.

Sandbar Mike
07-01-2002, 05:53 AM
Boat Floating,
I hope I didn't flare you temper, It looks like your buddy got what he paid for. Tuff break. I'm glad I got lucky.
Hey Rods,
The wife and I were in the channel on Saturday and were lucky enough to meat a guy with a 30' spectre, He took up for a quick spin. I mean quick. Tim was very generous it probably cost him $30 gas for that spin. The wife is sold, but we have agreed to finish the season with the 23, pick up a Spectre some time around xmas. I'll keep my fingers crossed maybe this seller will still have this one I've been looking at.

TOBTEK
07-01-2002, 08:26 AM
TOBTEK,
That's why I only gave Cheetah a $1000.00 deposit to build. They didn't get there money until I got the boat I wanted and ordered. I was lucky I guess, Mine turned out really good.
Mike
P.S. want to buy it (next month)? Joke
THANK YOU FOR THE OFFER SB/MIKE....But im saving my pennies (lots of pennies!) for the mach22. need to find a great deal or repo boat. Have to buy a diamond ring first though...Dough!!!!

24ROD
07-01-2002, 05:45 PM
Sandbar Mike,
What kind of speed did you guys hit on that quick spin in the Spectre? http://free.***boat.net/ubb/eek.gif I bet it was one cool ride! Hey Mike what did it have for power?

Sandbar Mike
07-02-2002, 06:58 AM
Hey Rod,
The Spectre had twin 600hp Mercruiser blue's with XR drives. We ran from the channel down to about copper canyon, doing speeds ranging from 70 to 100mph. Nothing I've been in can compare to the handling. We made a turn in front of the canyon at about 80, This thing hugged like a rocket. I've got to stop talk'n about it I'm getting a rise.

24RODjr
07-02-2002, 07:48 AM
Mike,
Sounds like you're sold already. Have you gotten the colors picked out? More importantly, have you gotten the wife to sign off yet?
Hey Rod,
The Spectre had twin 600hp Mercruiser blue's with XR drives. We ran from the channel down to about copper canyon, doing speeds ranging from 70 to 100mph. Nothing I've been in can compare to the handling. We made a turn in front of the canyon at about 80, This thing hugged like a rocket. I've got to stop talk'n about it I'm getting a rise.

24RODjr
07-02-2002, 08:00 AM
DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDE!!!
The 30ft or the 36???? Damn that's a solid ride!
Mike,
Sounds like you're sold already. Have you gotten the colors picked out? More importantly, have you gotten the wife to sign off yet?

24ROD
07-03-2002, 04:10 PM
SandbarMike; Wow what a cool ride. I'm sure that a ride like that would also get a rise out of me too!!!!!!!!!

24RODjr
07-05-2002, 07:33 AM
SandbarMike; Wow what a cool ride. I'm sure that a ride like that would also get a rise out of me too!!!!!!!!!
Whoa Pop....don't show your tendencies on the boards man!

24ROD
07-10-2002, 04:01 PM
What's up out there? Doghouse how's the new ride? Is it geting close? You got any pictures yet?
-Carlos

DogHouse
07-10-2002, 08:13 PM
Uh, what new ride? Last I checked (today) it STILL isn't out of the mold. @$#%^#@!! I'm gettin' impatient!
-boatless bummin' dude

blown23vee
07-10-2002, 08:44 PM
Hey, there dog...don't worry, that thing will be done in no time!!! I'm sure the time will just flyyyyyy right by!!!!
ha ha!
Rick (blown23vee)

DogHouse
07-11-2002, 07:25 AM
Sure, easy for you to say! Oh well, at least work is keeping me way too busy at the moment so I don't spend too much time dwelling on it. Just wait until you get Cheetah Bob to build that 24 for YOU... Then we'll see how fast time will fly! Maybe you'll be smarter than me and arrange it during the OFF season.
-brian

24ROD
07-11-2002, 03:55 PM
Sure, easy for you to say! Oh well, at least work is keeping me way too busy at the moment so I don't spend too much time dwelling on it. Just wait until you get Cheetah Bob to build that 24 for YOU... Then we'll see how fast time will fly! Maybe you'll be smarter than me and arrange it during the OFF season.
-brian
Doghouse, I know what your going thru. When we got ours we ordered mid May. Suffered all summer and took delivery in mid Sept. 16 weeks...... Friend of mine ordered his in off season and got it in 7 weeks.. Hang in there it will be worth the wait for the Magic!
-Carlos
[This message has been edited by 24ROD (edited July 11, 2002).]

blown23vee
07-11-2002, 07:09 PM
Actually guys I opted to avoid the whole "wait for the new boat & can't use the lake" thing...going to wait until about the end of aug. & then order my new one, & when he's about 1/2 done I'll pull the motor out of mine & throw the stocker in it & give it to sleek to consign. Less down time from boating. At that point in the season mine probably won't sell until spring, but what the hell, at least I'll have my new one...man that hull should scream!! Can't wait!!!

24ROD
07-18-2002, 04:24 AM
WTF! I was getting ready to panic. Not realy how's everyone?
-Carlos

blown23vee
07-19-2002, 08:39 PM
Hey Rod, I think our thread is dwindling...wtf!

24ROD
07-20-2002, 12:19 PM
Rick what do you say? We can't let it die just yet! frown

blown23vee
07-20-2002, 02:42 PM
No dying yet!!!

Craig
07-20-2002, 04:14 PM
pleasantcat
well you change your name to blwn&stilldoing80s hehehe see ya at work[/qb]Ouch, that was mean, ya' cut the boy deep :D Good thing you two are in different departments at work!
Craig
[ July 20, 2002, 05:16 PM: Message edited by: Craig ]

24RODjr
07-20-2002, 11:26 PM
I'll bite...where do you two work?

24ROD
07-22-2002, 08:50 PM
Hey 24RODjr; Who in thier rite minds would be moving during prime boating season? Oh I forgot we are dealing with your Mother. :p

24RODjr
07-23-2002, 10:18 AM
I know....I know...dude...24 ROD Friends have been giving me shit for not having the time for the boat yet...
The house will be done soon though...then it's on like playstation fo sho!

24ROD
07-23-2002, 03:51 PM
Hey jr how did you get the flag up there? Way cool! :cool:

24RODjr
07-25-2002, 01:02 PM
Ancient Vietnamese Secret....ok...bad joke...
Couldn't resist though

hot_diggity_dog
07-30-2002, 11:02 AM
This is my second 24 Fastcat. The first one was "Livin Large" I worked with Bob every week fron start to finish. I fixed all of the items that I didn't like on the first one. Remember it's a boat, and it takes alot of money to keep them running, (speed cost how fast do you want to go) Just so you all know the deck boat tribal flame was designed by me two years ago, and now Bob is putting them on every boat.

24RODjr
07-30-2002, 11:59 AM
Hot Dawg,
We need proof on the tribal flame thing. I agree with you though that Bob gets one scheme and seems to dip every boat in the paint. Our Cheetah is the same way, the design is on every tunnel now, but no one has the colors :-).
Not to mention, Pop and I officially "splashed" the cheetah and made it the first 24 Rod. ( I have a buddy with a vinyl lettering machine. www.alloutgraphics.com.) (http://www.alloutgraphics.com.))
-Chris

24RODjr
08-01-2002, 08:54 PM
Just to let you all know...Pop just moved and his DSL is out for about 2 weeks.
He's off, so it looks like I have to fill in his place!
He sends his best, especially to Ratso and OOFatso

blown23vee
08-01-2002, 09:25 PM
Hey, as long as we've still got this thread going and I'm still "hull hunting" can anyone tell me what's the fastest, most motor cheetah 24' stiletto anyone has seen or owned? I'd be curious. The motor from my hull that I'd be using is a slightly worked blown 454 with a 250 & a chiller running 6-7 lbs boost. Any help out there???

24RODjr
08-02-2002, 08:46 AM
Bob was building a blown and worked 454 when he was building ours as well. I know he's prone to BS, but said the engine would be putting out around 1500 horse. It was a green and black checkered 24'. I've seen it fly by on the lake a couple of times, but never had the chance to talk to the owner.

HeavyHitter
08-02-2002, 09:56 AM
I think I'm it at 1124 hp in the 23'. The 23' and 24' are the same bottom. The 24 has the intergral swim step so he can call it a 24. The next one down is a guy from CA with a procharged 454 (Bob gave me his number so I could talk to someone that has pushed the boat near 100). The claims are 96 mph on that boat. No real GPS numbers for my boat. Have one at 4500 rpm of 84 mph. Using that slip number I've done 117 at 6400 with a 30 pitch prop 1.4 gears #4 speedmaster 2" below the center pod.

blown23vee
08-02-2002, 07:38 PM
Cool, thanks for the responses & info...with any luck I'll be in the top 4 if I go the Cheetah route.
Thanks again...

24RODjr
08-02-2002, 10:47 PM
So are pop and I just average with the supercharged 454? frown

blown23vee
08-03-2002, 10:13 PM
Naw, who said anything about average??
Hey, 24jr, what are you & your pop running, &
what kind of speed are you getting - horsies,
prop, etc???
blown & curious 23 (Rick)

24RODjr
08-04-2002, 02:59 PM
blown23vee:
prop, etc???
blown & curious 23 (Rick)We have a bone stock 454, with a Teague installed Supercharger. Ok, so maybe it's not bone stock...
With a 28 pitch prop, we have hit a shade over 80 (hard to believe, I know, but Bob said it himself...anyone care to call him out :) )
The rub there is that it was a bit of a dog out of the hole, so we moved to a 26 pitch, and still hit low 70's (no GPS so I can't say fer sher), but we jump out of the hole pretty good now.
Not sure what the horsies are. Pop and I estimate in the low 500's (The supercharger is running 1.7 lbs of boost right now), but that's just a guess.
Anyone who can tell me for sure what kinda horsies I have would be appreciated.
I may not be sure about the horsies, but I do know at 70 or 80 it's a wild ride when the tunnel is trimed out!
-Chris

blown23vee
08-04-2002, 07:09 PM
Thanks for the response, Chris. Incidently for your & pop's info, I'll be in Havasu this coming weekend. Don't know if you guys will be there but if so give me an e-mail or a post & let me know, maybe we can hook up.
blown23vee (Rick)

DogHouse
08-04-2002, 07:22 PM
Wild ride at 80? That's strange; mine was very stable at 80 with a 4 blade prop and didn't start moving around much until about 90. With a 3 blade prop it was a different story and did feel very loose at 80. What are you running?
-brian

Charley
08-04-2002, 08:37 PM
24RODjr:
blown23vee:
prop, etc???
blown & curious 23 (Rick)We have a bone stock 454, with a Teague installed Supercharger. Ok, so maybe it's not bone stock...
With a 28 pitch prop, we have hit a shade over 80 (hard to believe, I know, but Bob said it himself...anyone care to call him out :) )
The rub there is that it was a bit of a dog out of the hole, so we moved to a 26 pitch, and still hit low 70's (no GPS so I can't say fer sher), but we jump out of the hole pretty good now.
Not sure what the horsies are. Pop and I estimate in the low 500's (The supercharger is running 1.7 lbs of boost right now), but that's just a guess.
I may not be sure about the horsies, but I do know at 70 or 80 it's a wild ride when the tunnel is trimed out!
-Chris1.7 lbs of boost?>

24RODjr
08-04-2002, 08:46 PM
1.7 lbs. That's what I was told. Bob said he kept it low due to the fact that the engine is totally stock, and he didn't want to toast it...yet...
As for the River, Wife and I are in hawaii (wanted to take the cheetah, but range was a problem). I'll let pop know though, and maybe you two can hook up.
On to the "Wild Ride" statement...On Mead, with no one else, at 1800, on glass...75 mph was smooooth and stable as you could ever want, but on Havasu, at 1100, with 10,000 other boats and lake lice, 45 MPH is pretty wild...
So right now, we are running a 4 blade 26 pitch. It's very stable at speed, water permitting, but I still enjoy getting her out of the water, and making the passengers grab for the "Oh SHIT!" handle.

bigq
08-05-2002, 07:43 AM
24RODjr:
blown & We have a bone stock 454, with a Teague installed Supercharger. Ok, so maybe it's not bone stock...
With a 28 pitch prop, we have hit a shade over 80 (hard to believe, I know, but Bob said it himself...anyone care to call him out ) )
-Chris[/QB]hey 24, You sure its not more like 3lbs. with that you are maybe looking at 30 - 40 % increase in the hp and stock it was 310 so the hp would be more like 405 - 440 HP or so. Which I would guess would be around 73 - 76 fot that hull, just a gues though.
On another note, what part of IT do you specialize in.
Thanks, Wayne

24RODjr
08-05-2002, 09:32 AM
Big Q. Not sure of the boost to be perfectly honest. That's kinda why I posted the figures, I know the speed and prop are accurate, but the boost is a bit of a question mark.
As for the IT, I'm a jack of all trades sorta...
I used to be in desktops and servers, then I built Satellite telephone networks over seas (good story there...you won't believe it), and in my latest incarnation, I am a Network Engingeer for a 700+ site network.

rustyk
08-06-2002, 02:00 PM
blown23vee:
DogHouse
-brianI wondered about giving away your new motor...I'm trying to do the very same...he's got a line on a '98 stilletto with a stock 7.4, & we're trying to work a deal that would swap that into my 23 sleek & put my motor in the cheetah. I like the sleek but it's a little too small...low & not enough freeboard. By the way, what glass are you putting your motor in??hey, this is rustyk.
I would like to buy the 7.4 just to get by in my Firehawk 2600. Would you sell it?
[ August 06, 2002, 03:14 PM: Message edited by: rustyk ]

rustyk
08-06-2002, 02:04 PM
rustyk:
blown23vee:
DogHouse
-brianI wondered about giving away your new motor...I'm trying to do the very same...he's got a line on a '98 stilletto with a stock 7.4, & we're trying to work a deal that would swap that into my 23 sleek & put my motor in the cheetah. I like the sleek but it's a little too small...low & not enough freeboard. By the way, what glass are you putting your motor in??

rustyk
08-06-2002, 02:06 PM
quote) I would like to know if you would sell me that 7.4 just so i had something to put in my Firehawk 2600 for now.
blown23vee:
DogHouse
-brianI wondered about giving away your new motor...I'm trying to do the very same...he's got a line on a '98 stilletto with a stock 7.4, & we're trying to work a deal that would swap that into my 23 sleek & put my motor in the cheetah. I like the sleek but it's a little too small...low & not enough freeboard. By the way, what glass are you putting your motor in??[/QUOTE]

24ROD
08-10-2002, 09:13 PM
What's up everyone? Been kind of busy Not to mention no dsl or internet. Still no dsl but at least internet. Moved and had lots of work to do.
-Carlos :confused:

24ROD
08-16-2002, 08:16 PM
Hey is our thread dead? Or just dying? eek!

24RODjr
08-18-2002, 10:32 PM
24ROD:
Hey is our thread dead? Or just dying? eek! Pop...
Nice to see you back...
This thread'll never die!!! :-)

blown23vee
08-20-2002, 08:03 PM
Naw, it won't die, it'll just change direction!!

syke-o
08-21-2002, 07:52 PM
Dude... let it DIE alreaady!!!!
Just my .03 cents....

24RODjr
08-21-2002, 09:59 PM
Cheetah's don't die...they MULTIPLY!

syke-o
08-22-2002, 10:41 AM
Cheetah's don't multiply, they stupify!!!!

DogHouse
08-22-2002, 11:37 AM
24Rods, if I didn't know better I'd say you guys picked up an "admirer"...
Oh well, no worries. Hope to see you in Oct for the poker run if I can get my motor probs sorted out by then.
-brian

syke-o
08-22-2002, 02:31 PM
Nuttin, but love for da Rods....

24RODjr
08-23-2002, 02:04 PM
Ahh yeah Psycho...scope the avatar....I am the envy of cheetah owners everywhere!

24ROD
08-23-2002, 03:06 PM
DogHouse:
24Rods, if I didn't know better I'd say you guys picked up an "admirer"...
Oh well, no worries. Hope to see you in Oct for the poker run if I can get my motor probs sorted out by then.
-brianDogHouse what happened to your motor? If it's not to serious I realy would like to see that new boat at the Poker Run. Good Luck.
-Carlos

24ROD
08-23-2002, 07:46 PM
Aaron,
When are you gonna step up and join the Rods as a proud Cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeetah Owner?

syke-o
08-24-2002, 09:12 PM
24ROD:
Aaron,
When are you gonna step up and join the Rods as a proud Cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeetah Owner?Soon enough, soon enough!!! Next Spring i'll be tearin it up.

24RODjr
08-25-2002, 10:26 PM
Ahhhhhhh no!
Pops found us out. And what was that about "gonna" Syko?
Just checkin brother.

jammer
08-26-2002, 01:13 PM
I own a 24' Cheetah mid-cuddy open bow with a 496 HO Mag in it. It is a great boat, I'm am very happy with it. The boat runs a solid 74mph withhalf tanks and two bodies during the summer months (July August). I had the speedo pegged (80 mph)in January and February with the rev limiter sounding with a 26 merc 4 blade with two people.
The boat does handle the moderate chop great, rough chop will knock you, and the boat will slap a bit!
I'm out of warranty and considering either a procharger or whipple setup

24RODjr
08-26-2002, 01:15 PM
We just had the Teague installed procharger and upgraded gears put in, and we love it!
Think long and hard about that one. Money well spent.

syke-o
08-26-2002, 02:14 PM
Rodjr's boat is a pretty fun ride.....
Even though he bites my Avatar

DogHouse
08-27-2002, 12:40 PM
QUOTE]DogHouse what happened to your motor? If it's not to serious I realy would like to see that new boat at the Poker Run. Good Luck.
-Carlos[/QB][/QUOTE]
Pretty sure I blew a head gasket or two when the motor leaned out with a plugged fuel filter. I've been under the weather last few days so didn't get to tear into it over the weekend. That means I'll be working on the boat instead of playing with it for the holiday weekend, waaahhh!!! Unless I have more misfortune between now and Oct we'll see ya at the poker run.
-brian

24RODjr
08-27-2002, 01:31 PM
Bite your avatar! I'm gonna kick your ass...then Mini Me will start humpin your leg!

fearnobeer
09-04-2002, 03:56 PM
Im thinking of buying a 24 tunnel, but I hear the horror stories about the hull cracking. And not using stainless steal bolts and nuts and to many scews. I want to know the quality and craftmanship of Cheetah.Iwould like to know how well the 24 handles.

24ROD
09-04-2002, 06:32 PM
fearnobeer, we are very happy with our 24' tunnel. As far as the way it handels. It's a nice ride in moderate chop trimmed out. :cool:
-Carlos

fearnobeer
09-04-2002, 06:40 PM
24rod, what kind of power do you have becuseI'm nat shure how much HP to put.

24ROD
09-04-2002, 06:57 PM
DogHouse, glad to hear your thinking about the poker run. Don't feel to bad we had to stay home the holiday weekend too :(
-Carlos

24ROD
09-04-2002, 07:01 PM
fearnobeer:
24rod, what kind of power do you have becuseI'm nat shure how much HP to put.fearnobeer, 7.4 liter pro-charged Don't be scared to put power to it the boat can hang eek! I guess put as much power as you can afford wink
-Carlos

24ROD
09-08-2002, 04:48 PM
Any Cheetah's going to the Poker Run Oct4&5 at Havasu? :cool:

nodigg
09-09-2002, 03:50 PM
Got any details on the poker run? Who is putting it on? I think I'd like to join in. Gonna be there for the Cheetah owners meeting at the sand bar anyhow.

24ROD
09-09-2002, 05:04 PM
nodigg, It's put on by the American Hot Boat Association. It realy is a fun deal. There are alot of real nice people. Good prizes, a lot of real sweet boats!!!!! Oct4&5 check out Fall Heatwave Poker Run thread under cats & tunnels.
-Carlos :cool:

24RODjr
09-10-2002, 08:32 PM
gotta love it! The poker run is a blast, and hopefully our outdrive will hold up wink

24RODjr
09-20-2002, 12:12 AM
So is this thread dead yet, or can I build up my numbers a little bit more in here?
-Chris

CHEETER-JOE
09-20-2002, 02:22 PM
It looks to me that the whole "cats and tunnels" thread is dead.

24ROD
09-20-2002, 08:14 PM
Nice Avitar jr.... wink

24RODjr
09-23-2002, 10:22 AM
24ROD:
Nice Avitar jr.... wink Thought you'd like that.

24RODjr
10-02-2002, 05:29 AM
Guess it's time to officially let this one die. She was a good thread.
We'll miss ya.

hot_diggity_dog
10-31-2002, 07:53 AM
Thought I'd post my pictures since I got the new motor. This will give a pretty good example of the layout of the boat for those who want to know.
HDD
http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Reader_Rides/Stern_Drives/HDDportbow1.JPG http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Reader_Rides/Stern_Drives/Boat4_5.05.01.JPG http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Reader_Rides/Stern_Drives/Boat_Graphic_5.06.01.JPG http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Reader_Rides/Stern_Drives/HDDoglogo.JPG http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Reader_Rides/Stern_Drives/HDDdash.JPG http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Reader_Rides/Stern_Drives/Boat_deck.JPG http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Reader_Rides/Stern_Drives/HDD540CIstarb.JPG http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Reader_Rides/Stern_Drives/HDD540CItop.JPG

24RODjr
10-31-2002, 03:35 PM
Sweet lookin ride :-D
Much props brotha!

hot_diggity_dog
10-31-2002, 03:53 PM
Thanks 24RODjr,
HDD
[ October 31, 2002, 03:55 PM: Message edited by: hot_diggity_dog ]

Sandbar Mike
11-01-2002, 07:53 AM
HOT DIGGY,
YOUR RIDES LOOKIN VERY CLEAN, CONGRADS ON THE NEW ENIGINE.
HEY 24 RODS YOU GUYS HEADING OUT TO THE LAKE FOR ANY WINTER VISITS.
I'LL BE OUT FOR THANKS & X-MAS.
LET ME KNOW

hot_diggity_dog
11-01-2002, 08:04 AM
Thanks Sandbar Mike :cool: ,
I lost the whole 2001 season when I blew up the first motor after 30 hours. :mad:
It's only money! :D just don't tell the wife. LOL
HDD

PlayTime
11-04-2002, 03:23 PM
I have a buddy that ownes a 24' stilleto. They always seem to be blowing oil. The ride is kinda rough unless your driver/co captain. Overall it looks pretty but and they have always gotten good service from BOB but he could really use some but cushions on his ride to soften the blows.

hot_diggity_dog
11-05-2002, 07:10 AM
Play time do you own a boat??????????????
HDD
You keep refering to your buddy. :confused:

PlayTime
11-05-2002, 02:13 PM
No boat till february or march. See HTM thread.
Then I will be in a cheetah cause I cant afford something much more expensive. I got to get my bagging out on him before I own one cause he's always bagging on my truck. You do have to admit though if you have one you could really invest in some butt cushions for your passengers. You know I wont cause Ill be driving.

24RODjr
11-05-2002, 07:39 PM
Playtime talkin' long a$$ trash for a no-boat havin' mo fo.
OC??? Shouldn't it be COronoa?

HI Seez
11-05-2002, 07:50 PM
OMG, you clowns still jiving about the Cheetah. You are better off with a kayak. Get a real boat with a real hull and a real engine!

PlayTime
11-05-2002, 07:54 PM
Im sure you meant Corona you no spelling mo fo. Keep bringing it on. Come Febuary your days will be numbered. I know you love driving that Model T version of a cheetah you have, but someday I know your steam engine will go out and you will finally need to step up.

24RODjr
11-05-2002, 07:54 PM
HI Seez:
OMG, you clowns still jiving about the Cheetah. You are better off with a kayak. Get a real boat with a real hull and a real engine!Who you callin' clown son? Better off with a Kayak? Are those the things I run over on the way up the river? The things with paddles and tree huggers...ohhhh that's it...you're a tree hugger...or better yet a nut hugger.
Real Hull? Real engine? 550 Horse isn't enough? Quit huggin nutz, HI DEEZ, until you have something intelligent to say.
-Chris

HeavyHitter
11-05-2002, 09:28 PM
Real boat, real engine, real fast.
<http://home.earthlink.net/~wstoss/Pdrm0005.avi>
Best with sound turned way up. Sorry the picture isn't better. Far away and covering a lot of ground.

24RODjr
11-05-2002, 09:37 PM
Nice video. How fast were you goin'?
Shot you a 5er for it too.
-Chris

DogHouse
11-06-2002, 07:37 AM
HeavyHitter:
Real boat, real engine, real fast.
This man speaketh the truth!
:)

DogHouse
11-06-2002, 07:41 AM
HI Seez:
OMG, you clowns still jiving about the Cheetah. You are better off with a kayak. Get a real boat with a real hull and a real engine!Hopefully you are a friend of the RODs and just giving a hard time? I'd hate to think you were really just a lurker that finally got brave enough to post but didn't have anything useful to say...
-brian :confused:

24RODjr
11-06-2002, 08:28 AM
I have no idea who that clown was.

DogHouse
11-06-2002, 08:43 AM
Ok, fair enough.
Maybe he's just sore because he got passed by a low flyin' Cheetah!
-brian :p

24RODjr
11-06-2002, 11:13 AM
That's what I'm starting to think.

Sandbar Mike
11-06-2002, 01:04 PM
Hey Eric
I think that was Cheeter Bob ****en with, :D

24RODjr
11-06-2002, 01:07 PM
That was it Mike!!
Any luck on the cat?
Any luck sellin the cheeter?
Any luck towing 29' Advantages?
Any luck with women?

DogHouse
11-06-2002, 01:23 PM
Yeah, right, Cheetah Bob coming withing 100 yards of a computer, that's a good one!!!
-brian :D

24RODjr
11-06-2002, 03:31 PM
LMAO Brian...TAG!!!

HI Seez
11-06-2002, 05:08 PM
Attention Cheetah owners, check this out, ya might need it:
http://www.seatow.com

Sandbar Mike
11-06-2002, 05:08 PM
DogHouse:
Yeah, right, Cheetah Bob coming withing 100 yards of a computer, that's a good one!!!
-brian :D Ya but he does have the website now?

Sandbar Mike
11-06-2002, 05:11 PM
HI Seez:
http://www.seatow.comMy Cheeter's faster than your friends bayliner that you copilot. :D ouch the truth hurts

Sandbar Mike
11-06-2002, 05:15 PM
24RODjr:
That was it Mike!!
Any luck on the cat?
Any luck sellin the cheeter?
Any luck towing 29' Advantages?
Any luck with women?Suprisingly
I have been on a good luck month soo far, lots of people interested and going for a test ride at silverwood, for some buyers on monday.
Havent had to tow any 26' commanders latley :D
but the month is still young.
Kick ass on these guys talkn scrap. wink

24ROD
11-06-2002, 06:29 PM
HI Seez:
OMG, you clowns still jiving about the Cheetah. You are better off with a kayak. Get a real boat with a real hull and a real engine!Let me see I think you have a Wellcraft :rolleyes: Yea that's a real hull :rolleyes: Oh yea that's made by Bayliner right :rolleyes: Let me see you probaly have a 100 hp Johnson for power. Is that the real engine you were refering to? Clown!

HI Seez
11-06-2002, 06:52 PM
Let me know when you want a ride, ok? on a real boat, not something made by TYCO RC boats. How many people actually own a Cheetah, 5 or 6 suckers. You know what they say about a fool and his money...

HI Seez
11-06-2002, 06:53 PM
Sandbar Mike:
HI Seez:
http://www.seatow.comMy Cheeter's faster than your friends bayliner that you copilot. :D ouch the truth hurtsSo have you gotten a SEATOW account yet?
I bet all you guys could get a group discount!
[ November 06, 2002, 06:54 PM: Message edited by: HI Seez ]

blown23vee
11-06-2002, 07:39 PM
Hey guys, not to interupt, but does someone seriously have a cheetah for sale??
Rick (blown23vee)

24ROD
11-06-2002, 08:50 PM
HI Seez:
Let me know when you want a ride, ok? on a real boat, not something made by TYCO RC boats. How many people actually own a Cheetah, 5 or 6 suckers. You know what they say about a fool and his money...So what do you have for power in that TRICK BAYLINER of yours? :D

HI Seez
11-06-2002, 10:39 PM
Not one, but two Mercruiser 454's
Double trouble :)

hot_diggity_dog
11-07-2002, 06:32 AM
Rick (blown23vee) What Hull are you looking for?
24 Stiletto or the 24 Party cat or ????????
HDD

hot_diggity_dog
11-07-2002, 06:37 AM
Let me know when you want a ride, ok? on a real boat, not something made by TYCO RC boats. How many people actually own a Cheetah, 5 or 6 suckers. You know what they say about a fool and his money... Hey Hi Seez,
Do you really think we care what you think? eek! You sound like some pimple face High schooler with your comments!
HDD :cool:

DogHouse
11-07-2002, 07:41 AM
HI Seez:
Not one, but two Mercruiser 454's
Double trouble :) Wow, TWO Merc 454s pushing what, 330hp a piece in an 8000 lb, 31 ft offshore boat. That's impressive. I bet that thing does at least 55-60 eh?
-brian wink

PlayTime
11-07-2002, 08:55 AM
High Seez
Do your parents know you are claiming to own there boat. Try to borrow a picture of it from your parents to post here.
24RodJR
When we making the trip to cheater Boats? All I know is I got to be faster pre-procharger.
No need to hate. If I'm coming out. I'm gonna come out faster then you on my limited budget :)
Let me know when your down to go.

HI Seez
11-07-2002, 09:13 AM
PlayTime:
High Seez
Do your parents know you are claiming to own there boat. Try to borrow a picture of it from your parents to post here.
24RodJR
When we making the trip to cheater Boats? All I know is I got to be faster pre-procharger.
No need to hate. If I'm coming out. I'm gonna come out faster then you on my limited budget :)
Let me know when your down to go.Do you own a boat or just the trailer?
I guess you gotta start somewhere...

hot_diggity_dog
11-07-2002, 09:56 AM
HI Seez like I said before!
Hey Hi Seez,
Do you really think we care what you think? You sound like some pimple face High schooler with your comments!
HDD
Do you own a boat or just the trailer?
I guess you gotta start somewhere... So have you gotten a SEATOW account yet?
Let me know when you want a ride, ok? on a real boat, not something made by TYCO RC boats. How many people actually own a Cheetah, 5 or 6 suckers. You know what they say about a fool and his money... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

HI Seez
11-07-2002, 10:13 AM
hot_diggity_dog:
HI Seez like I said before!
Hey Hi Seez,
Do you really think we care what you think? You sound like some pimple face High schooler with your comments!
HDD
Do you own a boat or just the trailer?
I guess you gotta start somewhere... So have you gotten a SEATOW account yet?
Let me know when you want a ride, ok? on a real boat, not something made by TYCO RC boats. How many people actually own a Cheetah, 5 or 6 suckers. You know what they say about a fool and his money... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Apparently you do care :)
Dont be jealous though, it is not a good thing.

HI Seez
11-07-2002, 10:26 AM
Also personal insults dont get you anywhere...

syke-o
11-07-2002, 10:54 AM
Hi Seez needs to suck DEEZ!!!

DogHouse
11-07-2002, 11:24 AM
HI Seez:
Dont be jealous though, it is not a good thing.Jealous of what? All we know of you are the words you put down here, and believe me, so far there is absolutely nothing to be jealous of.
-brian

24RODjr
11-07-2002, 01:11 PM
HI DEEZ. I see you reside in the valley of the dirt people, which leads to the following conclusions:
Your parents probably do not have the KILLER boat that you speak of.
You pull your boat with your house.
Your house couldn't make the trip to meet any one of the Cheetah owners on any lake that you name without it overheating.
You're a clown.

PlayTime
11-07-2002, 01:34 PM
Why you got to take it to the 909 RODJR? Like you never test your boat out at elsinor or paris. Respect the land of the lakes.
:) :) :) :) :) :) Its all good.

hot_diggity_dog
11-07-2002, 01:58 PM
Why you got to take it to the 909 RODJR? Like you never test your boat out at elsinor or paris. Respect the land of the lakes. PlayTime,
Let's see here, you are member #4272 :o and
24RODJr is member #2705 wink
Back off or you will end up like JazzyJess :D :D LOL
HDD

HI Seez
11-07-2002, 02:01 PM
24' Cheetah, bah my liferaft is bigger than that. Also, isn't Placentia wannabe Yorba Linda?
Next time I want to go on a peaceful canoe ride, I will call you. When you want to step up to the plate and cruise at high speed and high seas, call me.

hot_diggity_dog
11-07-2002, 02:25 PM
Hey HI Seez,
Why don't you take your 1979 31' Wellcraft with the twin stock 454 Mercs and your attitude over to OSO!
web page (http://www.offshoreonly.com/)
HDD

HI Seez
11-07-2002, 03:19 PM
1979? nice, but no disco boat here.
but you guys are such a fun bunch especially RODjr!

24RODjr
11-07-2002, 04:37 PM
Fun Bunch??? I got a Fun Bag you can play with homoboy!

24RODjr
11-07-2002, 04:39 PM
hot_diggity_dog:
Why you got to take it to the 909 RODJR? Like you never test your boat out at elsinor or paris. Respect the land of the lakes. PlayTime,
Let's see here, you are member #4272 :o and
24RODJr is member #2705 wink
Back off... SNIP
HDDYeah FOOO! Recognize!! wink

HI Seez
11-07-2002, 04:56 PM
24RODjr:
Fun Bunch??? I got a Fun Bag you can play with homoboy!Fun Bag!!! Are you talk about that engine of yours that is winded??? thats ok though, cuz now you got SEATOW!

24RODjr
11-07-2002, 05:06 PM
Fun Bag!!! Are you talk about that engine of yours that is winded??? thats ok though, cuz now you got SEATOW! SeaTow? Are you serious? The only person in here that needs it is you with that 1972 Bayliner....oh...shoot...my bad...you don't even have a boat!
Clown.

blown23vee
11-07-2002, 06:47 PM
hot_diggity_dog:
Rick (blown23vee) What Hull are you looking for?
24 Stiletto or the 24 Party cat or ????????
HDDLooking for stiletto hull...know anyone??

HI Seez
11-07-2002, 09:14 PM
Oh please, you should be talking. How about some superglue for that kit boat you have, Any extra parts?
wink

hot_diggity_dog
11-08-2002, 06:47 AM
Oh please, you should be talking. How about some superglue for that kit boat you have, Any extra parts? Hi Seez,
Get a clue all real Hot boaters know that Cheetah's come with a repair kit standard. wink
HDD :cool:

HI Seez
11-08-2002, 08:33 AM
Oh ok, Did you guys hear that Cheetah's new range of boat hulls are actually surplus shells from Magic Mountains Roaring Rapids ride. :D

syke-o
11-08-2002, 11:27 AM
Hi Seez... uh i mean Leif... we know its you!!!! Nice try though, you had some people fooled for a day or two... :cool: :cool:

syke-o
11-08-2002, 11:30 AM
24 Rod, glad to see you got your computer back online!!! Its about freakin time!! :D

24ROD
11-08-2002, 02:44 PM
syke-o:
24 Rod, glad to see you got your computer back online!!! Its about freakin time!! :D Thanks syke-o Had a small malfunction after the move. Earthlink sucks, sure we'll have you up in no time. :rolleyes: They finaly caved in under the pressure of 24RODjr wink By the way thanks Chris.

HI Seez
11-08-2002, 02:54 PM
syke-o:
Hi Seez... uh i mean Leif... we know its you!!!! Nice try though, you had some people fooled for a day or two... :cool: :cool: WOOF!

24ROD
11-11-2002, 04:51 PM
I guess Hi Deez commited Harry Cary. :cool: Wow we'll miss him :rolleyes:

24RODjr
11-11-2002, 05:17 PM
It was Leif Pop :)

PlayTime
11-14-2002, 12:59 PM
I think his mom took away his computer after I reported him to his mom. He's like grounded or something.

24RODjr
11-14-2002, 01:33 PM
I think it broke and he can't fix it.

24ROD
11-17-2002, 07:36 PM
What's up people? Your vote do we retire this thread? :p

24RODjr
11-18-2002, 03:03 PM
It was retired until HI DEEEEEEZ brought her back!

syke-o
11-18-2002, 10:00 PM
let it die already!!!

bigq
11-20-2002, 04:02 PM
Cheetah Boats LIVES.....Doh http://www.plauder-smilies.de/kopfpatsch.gif

DogHouse
11-20-2002, 04:30 PM
LMAO!

RiverKitty
11-20-2002, 08:24 PM
Meow! ;o)

24RODjr
11-20-2002, 09:51 PM
This thread will never die!! See what you started Dad?!?!

RiverKitty
11-20-2002, 10:09 PM
Hey Chris!
How goes it???
....and hopefully this thread will *never* die!!! ;o)
"Cheers to the Cheeter's!"
~RiverKitty

DogHouse
11-20-2002, 10:45 PM
WOOF!

24RODjr
11-21-2002, 07:46 PM
Woof? Are you saying your cat is a dog? :D :D :D
KIDDING!!!

24RODjr
11-21-2002, 07:47 PM
Oh, and Hey Kitty...
Thanks for the Cheers, and just in case you forgot...
GO RAIDERS!!!

DogHouse
11-21-2002, 09:12 PM
24RODjr:
Are you saying your cat is a dog?As far as you know!
wink

24RODjr
11-21-2002, 09:15 PM
That's true. I never did get that ride....
Are you gonna buy the 44 footer to match your cat?
-Chris

DogHouse
11-21-2002, 09:22 PM
Oh sure I'll get my finance people right on that!
You're right, you guys left a little early and we didn't do the rides as promised. Try again next time?
-brian

Sandbar Mike
11-22-2002, 06:18 AM
Doghouse, did you ever get your water/oil mix up figured out? What was the prob.
Mike

Sandbar Mike
11-22-2002, 06:19 AM
Doghouse, did you ever get your water/oil mix up figured out? What was the prob.
Mike

DogHouse
11-22-2002, 07:43 AM
Mike, not quite done with that "project" just yet. I've pulled the motor apart and pressure tested the block/heads/intake. The only leak I could find was the intake gasket, and only at pressures that should not normally be seen inside the motor. So, I've reassembled the motor and will drop it back in the boat soon. I'm adding an adjustable pressure relief valve inbetween the water pump and the oil cooler so that it'll dump water overboard when pressure gets above 15-20 psi or so. While the motor was out I also took the opportunity to build a remote oil filter setup, make a new mounting plate for the ignition system, and redo the engine wiring harness (wasn't happy with the "custom" work done by Magic, not very sano). Hoping to get it ready for a test run after turkey day, and really hoping to not have to pull the motor again this winter!
-brian

24RODjr
11-22-2002, 11:19 AM
I'm sure we'll have an opportunity to get those runs in next summer.
Mike, Any luck selling your boat?
My buddy is getting a 21' with the 377. Any clue on how much speed that'll give him?

24ROD
11-26-2002, 09:19 PM
24RODjr:
I'm sure we'll have an opportunity to get those runs in next summer.
Mike, Any luck selling your boat?
My buddy is getting a 21' with the 377. Any clue on how much speed that'll give him?Oh 24ROD will go out on a limb and say about 55-58 mph :cool: wink

Sandbar Mike
11-27-2002, 07:33 AM
ROD JR,
I'm with your pops on this, I'll say at best 60mph.
What type boat is he getting. 21' seams like a back breaker.
Guys you wouldn't believe this, I have a buyer for my boat, but I'll have to come down on my price a few K. Boat trader works, even in winter.
You guys have a Good Thanks Giving, leaving in a few for Havasu. I'm gonna go freeze my A off.
Mike

bigq
11-27-2002, 08:22 AM
I'm going to go out on a smaller limb than 24ROD and say, with a good prop set-up, I'd say 63-64MPH. That motor has pushed 24' boats into the 60 MPH range. Put a whipple on that thing and it will be smokin.

24RODjr
11-27-2002, 08:45 AM
Sandbar Mike:
ROD JR,
I'm with your pops on this, I'll say at best 60mph.
What type boat is he getting. 21' seams like a back breaker.
Guys you wouldn't believe this, I have a buyer for my boat, but I'll have to come down on my price a few K. Boat trader works, even in winter.
You guys have a Good Thanks Giving, leaving in a few for Havasu. I'm gonna go freeze my A off.
MikeGood luck on selling that boat Mike.
Happy TG, and see ya in the spring!

24ROD
11-27-2002, 01:04 PM
bigq:
I'm going to go out on a smaller limb than 24ROD and say, with a good prop set-up, I'd say 63-64MPH. That motor has pushed 24' boats into the 60 MPH range. Put a whipple on that thing and it will be smokin.bigq, the only problem with the boat thier talking about is a v-hull wink

Sandbar Mike
11-27-2002, 02:03 PM
bigq:
I'm going to go out on a smaller limb than 24ROD and say, with a good prop set-up, I'd say 63-64MPH. That motor has pushed 24' boats into the 60 MPH range. Put a whipple on that thing and it will be smokin.I agree with you, my 23 tunnel runs a hair under 70 with the 377, but a 21 V, no chance.

RiverKitty
11-27-2002, 11:31 PM
24RODjr:
Oh, and Hey Kitty...
Thanks for the Cheers, and just in case you forgot...
GO RAIDERS!!!no, No, NO!!!! GO BRONCOS!!!!
It's ok man....I still love you!
But you CANNOT have my Bud Lite! ;o)

24ROD
11-28-2002, 07:54 AM
Hey Chris can I let the cat out of the bag yet? :p What about those Dolphins? wink

24ROD
11-28-2002, 11:01 AM
Oh yeah if it's not a "CAT" it's a dog :p :p :D

24RODjr
11-29-2002, 12:08 AM
24ROD:
Oh yeah if it's not a "CAT" it's a dog :p :p :D I refuse to answer on the grounds that my boys read the boards! wink

RiverKitty
11-29-2002, 12:45 AM
Hey, cat or dog, we're still all a part of the animal kingdom.....right??? ;o)
It's all good! :D
~Purrrr~

DogHouse
11-29-2002, 05:48 AM
Ok 24Rods, did you guys buy a new toy? Is it going to be 26Rods, or 28Rods, 30Rods, etc???
wink

RiverKitty
11-29-2002, 11:40 AM
Hmmmm....Ya! Let the cat out of the bag already! Poor little things been in there for days! Hey! Maybe he got your 44ft Magic, eh Brian??? ;o)

syke-o
11-29-2002, 12:00 PM
24RODjr:
24ROD:
Oh yeah if it's not a "CAT" it's a dog :p :p :D I refuse to answer on the grounds that my boys read the boards! wink Pleeezzzz!!!!! Rods ain't got nothin up there sleeves!!!! Nice try though :p :p

24ROD
11-29-2002, 03:42 PM
syke-o:
24RODjr:
24ROD:
Oh yeah if it's not a "CAT" it's a dog :p :p :D I refuse to answer on the grounds that my boys read the boards! wink Pleeezzzz!!!!! Rods ain't got nothin up there sleeves!!!! Nice try though :p :p syke-o, you think your in the know? Would you like to put some cash$$$$$$$$$$$ on that last quote of yours? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

RiverKitty
11-29-2002, 04:10 PM
Ooooo.....Do I see a little *wager* coming!!! ;o)

bigq
11-29-2002, 05:58 PM
WELL! Out with it Cheetah boys!

rustyk
11-29-2002, 07:55 PM
Sandbar Mike:
bigq:
I'm going to go out on a smaller limb than 24ROD and say, with a good prop set-up, I'd say 63-64MPH. That motor has pushed 24' boats into the 60 MPH range. Put a whipple on that thing and it will be smokin.I agree with you, my 23 tunnel runs a hair under 70 with the 377, but a 21 V, no chance.I am not a v guy anymore,but my 208 Baja islander would run (NO BS) 69 to 71mph And this is on "GPS"
It had a 7.4 with factory prop.I was never beaten by any pwc or any other v-hull for that matter.
rk

24RODjr
11-29-2002, 08:27 PM
Syke-o , and all...the truth will be revealed tomorrow succas!!!
:D :D :D :D :D

24RODjr
11-29-2002, 10:41 PM
Better still. I bet you and any other clown a Benny (that's $100.00 for those of you in the 909) that a Cat will be let out of the bag tomorrow.
Sup now?

RiverKitty
11-29-2002, 10:53 PM
Looks like *somebody* needs to put some money where their mouth is, eh????

24RODjr
11-29-2002, 10:54 PM
RiverKitty:
Looks like *somebody* needs to put some money where their mouth is, eh????Looks to me like there is more than one 'pussy' on the boards....eh kitty?

RiverKitty
11-29-2002, 10:59 PM
Ya got that right brotha!
~Purrrrrr~ ;o)

DogHouse
11-29-2002, 11:01 PM
24RODjr:
Better still. I bet you and any other clown a Benny (that's $100.00 for those of you in the 909) that a Cat will be let out of the bag tomorrow.
Sup now?All right it's tomorrow now so spill!!!
:D

24RODjr
11-29-2002, 11:05 PM
Sorry Doggy Dog....I know we're cool and all, but it's still 2300 where we are. wink

RiverKitty
11-29-2002, 11:07 PM
Besides, we're waiting for some mafia gambling to go on! We wanna see the dough first! ;o)

bigq
11-30-2002, 01:24 AM
OK, now it's tomorrow :D Your killing us here. Not to put any pressure on ya, but this better be good. http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/happy/happy06.gif
Q

24ROD
11-30-2002, 05:42 AM
Ok it's tomorrow. I still see no put your money where your mouth is cash$$$$$$$$$ from syke-o :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
[ November 30, 2002, 05:45 AM: Message edited by: 24ROD ]