PDA

View Full Version : Need Help...

Havasu_Jet_85
10-09-2004, 12:55 PM
Ok I have a 1985 19' Bahner Jet boat, I want to put a simple system in that sounds good. What should I get as far as a head unit speakers(6.5 6x9 etc?) amp and subs. I wan it to sound good and be loud. Should I get a marine head unit and speakers or just normal car stuff. Wheres the best place to get all this stuff? Thanks Bryce

voodoomedman
10-09-2004, 09:08 PM
I forget the screenname but there's a dude on here that installs at Al and Ed's at the Ontario Mills and he does a lot of boat stuff.

riverbound
10-09-2004, 09:38 PM
I forget the screenname but there's a dude on here that installs at Al and Ed's at the Ontario Mills and he does a lot of boat stuff.
That's me but no more installs for me.
It is going to depend on what kind of money you are willing to spend. I have a 18ft spectra and in there I have 4 6x9 eclipse 4ways (se8493) 2 12" rockford fosgate (p212s8) an Eclipse pa3422 and an Eclipse pa2212. My system does exactly what I wanted it to do. It is loud and can be heard far away. But I can also run all day on one battery (while having another to start the boat at the end of the day) The only thing would change if I were building your boat would be to use ROckford Amps (p4004 and P6001bd) The Eclipse amps sound good,but they have no balls and they tend to shut down alot (the rockfords will get hot to the touch but dissipate heat much better) For a have built numerous boats using this same system and have had many customers very happy with the finished product. If you are into bass this will definietley give it to you (my wife and her friends love sitting on the bow when the music is playing, wonder why :wink: ) This wont be " the loudest boat on the water" type system but would definitely give you what you are looking for. Let me know if you have more questions.

Havasu_Jet_85
10-10-2004, 07:15 PM
Ok how much would I be looking at spending on everything you named off, and where would you recomend buying it all at? Thanks for the help... Bryce