View Full Version : Looking for a drive line guard....

WriedtStuff
10-10-2004, 05:24 PM
Anyone got one laying around.....You know the covers that bolt to the flywheel cover and cover the PTO shaft...
Thanks

Some Kind Of Monster
10-10-2004, 05:43 PM
Kinda like this one? Or are you talking about a big aluminum one?
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1683CIMG0517.JPG

LUVNLIFE
10-10-2004, 06:36 PM
Rex Marine can hook you up buddy. :D

Heatseeker
10-10-2004, 06:43 PM
You can always go to OSH and pick up the aluminum sheet 4" dryer duct and accompaning 4" hose clamp. Make a template from paper board wrapped around the bearing plate, meeting up with the flywheel cover. Trace it onto the aluminum sheet, cut it out and clamp it to the bearing plate. I get more people asking me where I got the driveline cover, and people laugh when I tell them OSH. Costs about $8 all together. And it's easy to get it on and off for u-joint lubes.

WriedtStuff
10-10-2004, 07:13 PM
Hey I am always up for a DIY project. Can you give me a liitle more info on how you did it? Do you have any pix?
I looked at Rex....too expensive...

Heatseeker
10-10-2004, 07:29 PM
I'll go take a pic.
Be right back.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/99Dscf0007.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/99Dscf0008.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/99Dscf0009.jpg
It's actually 2 pieces, the bearing plate is 5" dia. It's really easy to put together. And like I said, el cheapo!

Squirtin Thunder
10-10-2004, 09:35 PM
I was laying around watching the Nextell cup race but if you need me to gaurd your driveline I can just send it over. Myself and my two dog will make sure nothing happens to it.
Jim

Some Kind Of Monster
10-10-2004, 09:53 PM
Lookin real good Heatseeker!

Heatseeker
10-11-2004, 10:36 AM
Lookin real good Heatseeker!
Thanks! Not bad for $8, eh?

WriedtStuff
10-11-2004, 12:11 PM
OK, Heatseeker...so it's only clamped around the pump....not attached to the flywheel cover at all? If it is attached to the flywheel cover...how?
Hey, Squirtin...I will take you up on that...I'm in Georgia...and the wife and I would like to go out tonight....but I am worried about that driveline....can you come over tonight and keep an eye on it? ;)

PLACECRAFT20
10-11-2004, 12:34 PM
I have got 1/2 of this set that is brand new. part 103 106. We just used the top half on onother boat.
http://www.rexmar.com/images/page126.jpg
It came from Rex Marine $40.00+shipping

Heatseeker
10-11-2004, 12:36 PM
It's just clamped at the pump side. The flywheel end is just kinda floating. If you look closely at the thrid picture, you can see it is sort of belled out on that end a bit. You can't really tell from the top. That happened when I tightened the clamp and hasn't gotten any worse since.

WriedtStuff
10-12-2004, 07:03 AM
Hey, Placecraft...check your PMs.

HBjet
10-12-2004, 08:06 AM
I have a complete set, polished, brand new, never used.
HBjet

R.A.D.man
10-14-2004, 05:06 AM
I have a complete set, polished, brand new, never used.
HBjet
Please check your pm's. Thanks.

WriedtStuff
10-14-2004, 10:02 AM
R.A.D. Man....he has already sold it....his signature pretty much somes it up. :mad:

HBjet
10-14-2004, 10:30 AM
R.A.D. Man....he has already sold it....his signature pretty much somes it up. :mad:
What a little baby you are... Should I post the PM's you sent me?
Who wants to see them?
HBjet

WriedtStuff
10-14-2004, 12:12 PM
I do!!! Please post them . That way eveyone will know what you are all about....MONEY!

HBjet
10-14-2004, 12:51 PM
I do!!! Please post them . That way eveyone will know what you are all about....MONEY!
Oh yeah, that's it, I'm all about money.... Here you go!
Originally Posted by WriedtStuff
How much...is it the same one that is in my thread from Rex?
Thanks
Originally Posted by HBjet
25 bucks plus shipping. I already offered it to someone who emailed me and said they would take it. Was that you? Anyways, if they back out, its yours if you want. I'll let you know.
Randy
No, someone jumped my thread...I asked 1st....since I posted the thread...don't you think? I will take it...do you have a paypal account?
Brian
I will have to check my email when I get home. They already said they would take it. I'm sorry, but if they back out, its yours for sure. I know your thinking since its your thread, but I posted it for you and whoever else. I just want to be fair. Sorry.
I'll let you know if this guy backs out.
Randy
Nevermind.....I am not interested any more...I will find one elsewhere.....I had email attached to my post...you could have given my 1st bids on it via email at the least.
Brian
Alright, I'm glad I'm selling it to someone else now. As quick as you are with PM's maybe you should have been a little quicker reading the replied posts on your thread.
Have a nice day!
:argue:
There you have it!
HBjet

CARLSON-JET
10-14-2004, 01:41 PM
I'm shocked here... I respect what both of you GENTLEMEN post on the boards... wriedt... 25 bucks ... money??. cmon mang ... HBjet is only human ... all these S/N's are a little confusing to me and I'm sure to a few other poeple.. I have bought and sold a few things from these boards and even flaked on one or 2.. am I a bad guy ? or just a regular guy with limited time and funds? wriedtstuff, how is your boat coming along anyways ?? haven't heard much about it or missed the thread... HB.. boat looks good .. nice job.. now use this pent up energy for saving the world kinda stuff... or jetting .. or working on the boat.. we are jetters .. unite... forgive ..help when you can ... R.B ( the guy who's #1. always wrong & #2. lowbuckjetster in a former life)

TRG
10-14-2004, 02:24 PM
i have to admit,...that was a great comeback randy!
Does'nt the seller have the right to sell to anyone who he/she desires, regardless what order they may have posted?
just my opinion!
todd

WriedtStuff
10-14-2004, 02:44 PM
He posts the thread at midnight...3am my time....I guess since I don't stay up all night and watch this board that I am supposed to be wrong here?????
I have email attached to my profile and a phone number...all he had to do was give me the courtesy of 1st chance of refusal....since I was the one asking for it in the 1st place...
HBJET, If you were posting for all the others on the board, then why not post it on the current swapmeet thread or start your own SPAM thread...
Am I totally off base here.....
OH.... and the reason I told HBJET that I was no longer interested is becuase I bought the one that PLACECRAFT posted.
Carlson-jet...The boat is finally coming together....I hope to fire it off this weekend and start tuning....Thanks for asking. :smile:

HBjet
10-14-2004, 02:52 PM
I posted I had them at 10-12-2004, 09:06 AM
WriedtStuff first PM'd me at 10-13-2004, 08:23 AM
You had ALL day and night.
HBjet

WriedtStuff
10-14-2004, 03:42 PM
WOW I did? That's amazing....I don't see the same times you are claiming...
But I am a little disappointed...I gave you plenty of material for you to author another "great comeback" and this was the best you could do?..... :squiggle:
I was expecting some more imaginative bashing.....

HBjet
10-14-2004, 05:36 PM
But I am a little disappointed...I gave you plenty of material for you to author another "great comeback" and this was the best you could do?..... :squiggle:
I was expecting some more imaginative bashing.....
Sorry, I have better things to do then have an internet argument with you on the boards. Tell you what, you won, you are right, I am all about money and I screwed you over. Feel better now?
HBjet :shift:

HBjet
10-14-2004, 05:37 PM
BTW, maybe you have your time setting wrong....? Hmmm

Squirtcha?
10-14-2004, 06:15 PM
Hey Randy............
You still have that driveline guard for sale?
I'm sorry that wasn't very funny. :D

roostwear
10-14-2004, 06:23 PM
If it's a time zone thing, it's only a matter of 3 hours, and that wouldn't have squat to do with this. The response was still over 23 hours later. Do you think by starting a pissing match, he's going to back out on a sale just to shut you up? You missed out on a deal.... I'm sure it isn't the first, and won't be the last. Buck up and handle it like an adult.........

WriedtStuff
10-15-2004, 05:40 AM
OK you win, I am wrong...I will take my left coast beating like a man. :hammerhea

1Bahnerjet
10-15-2004, 07:13 AM
not to interrupt your :argue:
Check out this Driveline cover :cool:
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/686100_0076.JPG