PDA

View Full Version : what do YOU do when you see an orange flag

BlowmeafterPractice
10-10-2004, 08:04 PM
This post is for the guy on his sea doo that didnt know what to do when there is flags blockin the hole river, and desides to cut of the tow boat.

Drunk tank
10-10-2004, 08:28 PM
Ummm... okay
I normally just slow down and steer away from the boat with the flag up and look around to see where the guy in the water is.

WUTWZAT
10-10-2004, 08:55 PM
You know that is a really good question and it seems most people don't seem to understand the concept of an orange flag up for a skier down / somebody in the water versus a group of people waving orange flags and telling the boats / jet skiis to stop.
I was at FC2 this weekend and was out with Nucking Futs and his brother FourQ when a flattie circle racer flipped in front of us. They'll probably get a little pissed for me saying this but they saved what was left of this guys boat, well actually it was his wifes boat. They dove in the water and attached lines to this sinking flattie and then FourQ rode it like a bull til it planed out.
But anyways, my point is this, we were waving flags at everyone trying to get them to stop so not to cause a wake, which each on was going back over this boat and causing it to go down more. But can you believe some numbnuts with his kid on the jet ski still rode directly in front of us, with no less than 5 people waving flags and yelling at them to turn around or go another direction. And a few seconds later his dumb wife, and yes with a small child on board as well did the same thing.
Anyways, thought I'd share. And if it wasn't for that jackass having a small kid on that jetski, someone probably would've beat his ass. So stupid, had to vent a little. Oh if you recognize this as being you PM me :D
Jason

SERIOUS ISSUES
10-10-2004, 09:17 PM
YA. what they said. hey guys, thanks again for the help.
who was it that cut the shit out of there foot? I hope you at least took some beer w/ you.

FOURQ
10-10-2004, 09:28 PM
YA. what they said. hey guys, thanks again for the help.
who was it that cut the shit out of there foot? I hope you at least took some beer w/ you.
that would be my toe that got sliced and diced .....you can bet ill keep my feet away from the stering wheel next time..
4Q

moneysucker
10-10-2004, 11:40 PM
Four Q, Hence the no shoes no shurt no service signs everywhere but Beaumont. It is for your own safety. When I f-ed up my toe in an unfortunate golf cart accident, My work boots were the only shoes I could wear besides flip flops. Just wait to buy new socks. All of yours will be ruined soon.

THOR
10-11-2004, 06:29 AM
Usually, PWC were never boat owners hence they dont have a clue. They dont think making waves is a problem, they dont think doing donuts and not looking is a problem and they dont think not knowing general rules of boating is a problem. The problem is, all of these are problems and they just dont care.

Sherpa
10-11-2004, 06:51 AM
I quickly look for the bobbing head in the water to use as a ski bouy.....
actually, I was shown a courtesy thing from my delta buddy long time ago.
the driver would raise his hand to indicate to the boat with the flag up that
we could see their skier, and rope in the water.......... that was awhile ago.
new-found wakeboarders have no clue what that signal means nowadays..
that and most of them just idle back to the rider, or let their rope hang
cross-ways in a channel.......... lack of concern for most others seems the
norm these days on the delta.
--Sherpa

malibuken
10-11-2004, 07:01 AM
I quickly look for the bobbing head in the water to use as a ski bouy.....
we could see their skier, and rope in the water..........
--Sherpa
This is what I was learn't a long time ago as well.
The unfortunate thing is, most people now-a-days have no clue what is going on around them, especially all the kids and stupid people on their PWCs.

welk2party
10-11-2004, 07:06 AM
I always slow if I feel I am close or if I have not yet spotted the skier. I always wave at the driver or boat the minute I see the skier. Many people have no idea. I have actually heard people complain about the flag. I would venture that a large number of people are not aware of many boating courtesies and safety protocols.

Second "PLACE"
10-11-2004, 07:08 AM
Usually, PWC were never boat owners hence they dont have a clue. They dont think making waves is a problem, they dont think doing donuts and not looking is a problem and they dont think not knowing general rules of boating is a problem. The problem is, all of these are problems and they just dont care.
EXACTLY. What I don't understand is all the efforts to kep sound down on boats, yet THESE types of incidents go unchecked! This could be avoided if there was an effort to TRAIN these people on water safety. I guess sound is a BIGGER problem. :notam:

shueman
10-11-2004, 07:23 AM
Since 80%-90% of PWC activity is "rentals", the responsibility for safety should go back to the company doing the renting. I don't believe that they give out "rules of the road", but they should....

westcoastcat
10-11-2004, 07:34 AM
I hate to sound like a dumb blonde,.... but are you saying that when yur driving along, and you see a ski boat stopped with a flag out, yur suppose to stop? Like when school buses are flashing red lights, lol.
Someone told me that yur suppose to slow down and look for people in the water, and you were suppose to wave at them to acknowledge that you saw their flag.
What are you suppose to do?
I don't like to drive the boat, its just too crazy out there.
I just get it on and off the trailer.

Big Warlock
10-11-2004, 07:38 AM
Hate to be the one to say it, but it is time to license boaters. Period. :confused:

MsDrmr
10-11-2004, 07:38 AM
Ummm... okay
I normally just slow down and steer away from the boat with the flag up and look around to see where the guy in the water is.
What he said

Balemup23
10-14-2004, 02:05 PM
undefinedI quickly look for the bobbing head in the water to use as a ski bouy.....
we could see their skier, and rope in the water.......... that was awhile ago.
new-found wakeboarders have no clue what that signal means nowadays..
that and most of them just idle back to the rider, or let their rope hang
cross-ways in a channel.......... lack of concern for most others seems the
norm these days on the delta.
That isn't true what so ever. Lack of concern for others, actually wakeboarders want the lake to be safe just as much as the next guy. At least people have the right idea about pwc's cause they are the problem on all the lakes because the are inconsiderate. Also, to address how we go back to our riders. The reason we do this is to keep the water smooth. When our rider falls, we slow the boat and then we go back to get our rider. If there is another boat coming of course we are going to get back to the rider faster, but if not, there is no reason to do a powerturn. Most of the skiers I know like to ride on butter. Now if they would only learn that they could keep it butter if they wouldn't do a powerturn and blaze back at full speed to get a skier. It's common sense.
Go big or go home!!!
--Sherpa

Excessive Force
10-14-2004, 02:10 PM
Hate to be the one to say it, but it is time to license boaters. Period.
Or something along those lines

Excessive Force
10-14-2004, 02:10 PM
but then again SOMEONE would bitch about what bullshit THAT was!