PDA

View Full Version : check this out

Rod
05-02-2001, 08:48 PM
Thanks for the infor. and replies on my last two questions. I took the same boat and engine combo. (23ft faltbottom 350 jet). I friend told me to make a wood and fiberglass ring to go around the intake of the jetpump that makes hang down belowe the bottom of the boat a 1 3/4 deep. I had a problem with chaching air while turning and in abig sea. It worked and the moter picked up RPM ( was 4000 now is 4250 ) dont know if iam going no faster . tell me what I did Thanks Rodney NC coast . And this forum is great having a good time .

Rod
05-11-2001, 06:16 PM
Cant believe that no one has a reply on this . Im just a poor boy just have fun. dont have much cash to play with. I just got a computer 3 mon. ago. Just want to talk to some one about jets.

spectras only
05-11-2001, 08:22 PM
Hi Rod,I think the lack of response to your post is the lack of more information on what jet you run in your boat.It sounds like what you did to your intake is to make a shoe to load up your impeller.If you have an increase of your RPM you may have created a cavitation problem rather than loading your impeller.What you need is a loader grate to replace your rock grate.Remove the ring that you put on ,it's way too much [1 3/4"].Jetboats are not the best running in big water,because they catch a lot of air going fast in bumpy water.They run good in rippled water and up to one foot chop.Prop boats are generally best for the ocean because the prop hooks up most of the time ,except in the following sea.Anything over 21 feet ,I would recommend a big block engine .
[This message has been edited by spectras only (edited May 11, 2001).]
[This message has been edited by spectras only (edited May 11, 2001).]

Jeff
05-12-2001, 05:52 AM
Rod:
You might want to try one more thing. My boat has two fins that are @ 6-7 inches long. They are mounted to the side of the pump intake. This helps load water to the intake as well as preventing sliding. If I can find a pic I' ll e-mail it to ya.
Jeff

mario
05-12-2001, 11:02 AM
so that is what those fins are for. thanks jeff

Rod
05-12-2001, 06:12 PM
I posted a topic 4/27/01 on my boat and the combination of pump and moter . Hope this helps about the information. Keep it coming fellows. Rodney NC coast