PDA

View Full Version : Ken Caminiti, Dead

BarryMac
10-11-2004, 08:58 AM
Ken Caminiti died over the weekend. He was an awesome 3rd Baseman for the Padres and others, he was the MLB MVP for 1996. Sounds like the Steroids and Cocaine finally caught up to him...
gjb

Mandelon
10-11-2004, 09:01 AM
That is a real shocker, he was only like 41 ! I am afraid of cocaine now!! Stick to Red Bulls..... :messedup:

Huckleberry
10-11-2004, 09:04 AM
Amphetamines & cocaine don't mix well with the cardiac health. :crossx:

Mrs. Bordsmnj
10-11-2004, 09:08 AM
Are you serious????? :confused: :confused:
Remember how Cammi used to ride onto the field on his Harley at Sky Show?
What a bummer.

carbonmarine
10-11-2004, 09:13 AM
ROIDS KILL ..... Our own Govenor of the fine state of California had to
have heart surgury because of roids. I know two guy's I went to high
school with in their early 30's .... DEAD, why ? ROIDS... One had kids too !
Roids will enlarge your heart and everything else inside your body... then when you go off them...... kaboom. Especially when you add a stimulant.

JetBoatRich
10-11-2004, 09:14 AM
The guy could play ball :D such a shame he did not know when to say no, between steroids and partying it caught up with him. :mad:
I was reading an article about him two weeks ago and all the trouble he was in after leaving the game :mad: bad news

BarryMac
10-11-2004, 09:16 AM
I remember seeing a game where he fielded a ground ball while falling backwards, he threw the runner out at first while almost completely on his ass. He had an arm like no other...
gjb

jdogginla
10-11-2004, 09:17 AM
R.I.P. to one of my Favorite Pads of all time!

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
10-11-2004, 09:19 AM
I heard it took a difibulator to even get him out of bed in the morning. :hammer2: Roids will make you twice the man but it will also cut your life in half.
Omega

taxman
10-11-2004, 09:21 AM
let me tell you I did a couple of cycles in my day also have done growth hormones and stimulants to keep me in the gym for hours now my dock tells me my heart aint doin so good and I have other prostate problems I am only 38. All the partying didnt help either. I was a collector for 10 years pretty tuff business. My hands look like shit have no more knuckles. I am not saying this to be a tuff guy or think that it is cool. I just wish I would of taken a different path in my 20's. Youth and no brains= old age fast

switchin'addiction
10-11-2004, 09:32 AM
let me tell you I did a couple of cycles in my day also have done growth hormones and stimulants to keep me in the gym for hours now my dock tells me my heart aint doin so good and I have other prostate problems I am only 38. All the partying didnt help either. I was a collector for 10 years pretty tuff business. My hands look like shit have no more knuckles. I am not saying this to be a tuff guy or think that it is cool. I just wish I would of taken a different path in my 20's. Youth and no brains= old age fast
Kind of sucks how our "invincibility" catches up to us in our 30's. Wish ya the best man!

dicudmore
10-11-2004, 09:36 AM
bummer, heard that this morning :(

Tremor Therapy
10-11-2004, 10:00 AM
I had Padres tickets for years, and Caminiti was the man! He was great at Padre fan functions, and was just awesome...awesome to watch play the hot corner. After Tony Gwynn, Ken Caminiti was my favorite Padre.....I am truely bummed out, and I am praying for his wife (who stuck by him), and his three little girls. I hope god helps them find peace. :frown:

JetBoatRich
10-15-2004, 05:29 AM
He did not know when to quit :messedup: the story now is he died of an overdose. Again it is to bad for such a great ball player, he just got out of jail and went right back to what put him in jail