PDA

View Full Version : ATTDR Donations Total $722 for Cale!!!

DryHeatOnly
10-11-2004, 09:19 AM
On Saturday, during the "Almost to the Dam Run" on Lake Mohave, ***boat forum members (family and friends) opened their wallets and showed their generosity to help a fellow boater. The goal is to purchase a PC for Cale, who is fighting cancer, so that he can join us online!
I attached the original post from BudgetBaller to the bottom of this message.
KPHayes...I'll be sending you the $722 to use towards the purchase of that new PC for Cale!
Here is the list on donors
6 Dollar Boat
Alfonzo
Anthony (Force 26's wingman)
Bling Bling
Boat Floating
Charley
Dimarco Bros
DryHeatOnly
Extreme Liquid
Fast Timmy
Force 26
Havasu Luvr
Hot Diggity Dog
Kilrtoy
MandMVG
Midlife Advantage
racecar.hotshoe
Racer277
River Kitty
Spotondl
Tom Slick
Up 4 River
I know that many more wanted to contribute. I would suggest sending a check directly to Kyle (KPHayes)...
Fabric Images
Attn: Kyle Hayes
300 Corporate Drive
Elgin, ILL 60123
Here is the link to the thread. (http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59234&page=1&pp=25)
Cale...get well man!! :cool:
Many of you met or know KPHayes from Chicago. This is the guy who drives out each year from Chicago for OP6. This year Kyle and Deana brought another couple, Cale & Amy to Lake Havasu for OP6. If any of you met Cale and Amy, you know they are great people. They share a love of boating like we all do, and they had a great time in LHC.
Unfortunately Cale has cancer and yesterday at 28 years old, they had to amputate his leg. Today I was told that the leg had to be removed too far up to allow him to wear a prosthetic leg.
I would like to get Cale into the 21st century when he returns home from the hospital by giving him a computer, so that he can get online with all of us.
If anyone is interested in donating to this guys recovery effort, please PM me or KPHayes. We are not looking to make him rich, all we need is enough for a nice computer. Thank you for your thoughts and prayers.
Rich

racecar.hotshoe
10-11-2004, 09:25 AM
Very cool Sam,My boat had a little problem and we did not make it to G/A so could you put our names on the banner please.It was nice meeting you will see you again,Mark

DryHeatOnly
10-11-2004, 11:55 AM
Very cool Sam,My boat had a little problem and we did not make it to G/A so could you put our names on the banner please.It was nice meeting you will see you again,Mark
Mark - I was wondering where you were. I think Kachina26 has the banner. :confused:

racecar.hotshoe
10-11-2004, 12:00 PM
Mark - I was wondering where you were. I think Kachina26 has the banner. :confused:I had one motor shut down on our way to G/A so we had to return to K/L I so wanted to go with everyone.Next time!Glad you made it home safe.Mark

Charley
10-11-2004, 01:36 PM
DHE .... very nice thought man... good job and thanks for takin the time to help organize it!

DryHeatOnly
10-11-2004, 02:36 PM
DHE .... very nice thought man... good job and thanks for takin the time to help organize it!
Thanks Charley. I was just trying to help out a bit. I was also able to meet a lotta new faces on the beach when I was collecting too :cool:

Kachina26
10-11-2004, 02:36 PM
Mark - I was wondering where you were. I think Kachina26 has the banner. :confused:
Check your pms

racecar.hotshoe
10-11-2004, 08:52 PM
Bump!

Mrs.Racer277
10-11-2004, 09:21 PM
Great work everyone! Way to represent our Hot boat Family!
DHO could you put our names on the banner also. Thanks

DryHeatOnly
10-11-2004, 09:23 PM
Great work everyone! Way to represent our Hot boat Family!
DHO could you put our names on the banner also. Thanks
Sure, if we ever find it :jawdrop:

Mrs.Racer277
10-11-2004, 09:25 PM
Oh No!!! Good luck! And again great work!

DryHeatOnly
10-11-2004, 09:26 PM
Oh No!!! Good luck! And again great work!
Thanks...glad to help out ;)

Some Kind Of Monster
10-11-2004, 09:29 PM
You guys kick ass. Unfortunately I can't help you out with any money at this time, but when the time comes to buy the computer, I can send you to a few places to save some money. I build them for a living so I know a little about it. Great job helping out everyone!

DryHeatOnly
10-11-2004, 09:37 PM
You guys kick ass. Unfortunately I can't help you out with any money at this time, but when the time comes to buy the computer, I can send you to a few places to save some money. I build them for a living so I know a little about it. Great job helping out everyone!
Right on.
Talk to KPHayes. Maybe you can give him a little guidance if he needs it?

shueman
10-11-2004, 09:59 PM
This a great thing to see from the boating community....be nice to know that the PC and a year's connection gets covered....

RiverKitty
10-11-2004, 10:12 PM
OUTSTANDING!!!
Thank you so much DHO for taking the time to get all of this organized!!!
Your an angel!!!
I'll make sure to mail Cale a "happy card" until he gets his computer....then I'll send him cyber cards!
Cheers ~RK :D

SHOCKWAVETOM
10-11-2004, 10:13 PM
Thanks Charley. I was just trying to help out a bit. I was also able to meet a lotta new faces on the beach when I was collecting too :cool:
You never came to me Sam :(. Was this at the OP6 beach? I want to put something in myself. PM me with some way to get it to you.

SHOCKWAVETOM
10-11-2004, 10:14 PM
Sure, if we ever find it :jawdrop:
You mean it is missing? Is that going to Cale with the computer?

Some Kind Of Monster
10-11-2004, 10:21 PM
KPHayes - YGPM!

DryHeatOnly
10-11-2004, 10:51 PM
OUTSTANDING!!!
Thank you so much DHO for taking the time to get all of this organized!!!
Your an angel!!!
I'll make sure to mail Cale a "happy card" until he gets his computer....then I'll send him cyber cards!
Cheers ~RK :D
Thanks RK (do you remember me? ;) )

DryHeatOnly
10-11-2004, 10:54 PM
You never came to me Sam :(. Was this at the OP6 beach? I want to put something in myself. PM me with some way to get it to you.
Yeah, on the beach only. I totally forgot about whipping the clipboard and envelope out at ***boat Hotel. I went from dirty-to hungry-to stuffed-to sleepy-to drinking-to sleeping :D
I PM'd you with a couple options.

DryHeatOnly
10-11-2004, 10:56 PM
You mean it is missing? Is that going to Cale with the computer?
We're gonna need to enage in covert ops to locate and extract. :crossx:

DryHeatOnly
10-11-2004, 10:56 PM
This a great thing to see from the boating community....be nice to know that the PC and a year's connection gets covered....
That would be nice. :cool:

racecar.hotshoe
10-12-2004, 06:40 AM
Bump!

DryHeatOnly
10-12-2004, 03:34 PM
On Saturday, during the "Almost to the Dam Run" on Lake Mohave, ***boat forum members (family and friends) opened their wallets and showed their generosity to help a fellow boater. The goal is to purchase a PC for Cale, who is fighting cancer, so that he can join us online!
I attached the original post from BudgetBaller to the bottom of this message.
KPHayes...I'll be sending you the $722 to use towards the purchase of that new PC for Cale!
Here is the list on donors
6 Dollar Boat
Alfonzo
Bling Bling
Boat Floating
Charley
Dimarco Bros
DryHeatOnly
essexjet
Extreme Liquid
Fast Timmy
Frenchie
Force 26
Havasu Luvr
Hot Diggity Dog
Kachina26
Kilrtoy
MandMVG
Midlife Advantage
racecar.hotshoe
Racer277
River Kitty
SHOCKWAVETOM
Spotondl
Tom Slick
Up 4 River
I know that many more wanted to contribute. I would suggest sending a check directly to Kyle (KPHayes)...
Fabric Images
Attn: Kyle Hayes
300 Corporate Drive
Elgin, ILL 60123
Here is the link to the thread. (http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59234&page=1&pp=25)
Cale...get well man!! :cool:
*** This is the final update ***
Just added to the list of donors are:
essexjet
Frenchie
Kachina26
SHOCKWAVETOM
The grand total being sent to KPHayes is $857!
Again, thank you all :cool:

racecar.hotshoe
10-12-2004, 03:52 PM
*** This is the final update ***
Just added to the list of donors are:
essexjet
Frenchie
Kachina26
SHOCKWAVETOM
The grand total being sent to KPHayes is $857!
Again, thank you all :cool:Thats What Im Talking About!Makes Ya Feel Good!

Some Kind Of Monster
10-12-2004, 04:11 PM
Congratulations! Great job everyone!

kphayes
10-12-2004, 05:13 PM
Thank you all VERY MUCH! This was above and beyond what you all needed to do. I am really excited because now I can get all my ducks in a row and get Cale that puter and get his ass on here. I have a little something planned for the presentation of the puter to Cale and I think you all will like it. I know Cale will. :D
Just a quick update on Cale. He is doing just fine and is adapting about the best one could considering the situation. He had just started a wood flooring company not to long ago with one of his buddies. They were both just doing it on the weekends and on the side when they could. When we got home from Havasu in June, Cale decided to do it full time. Now he is going out and kind of supervising when he can, he can't stand to sit around.
This should tell you what type of a guy he is, he has a pool going to see how much his amputated leg weighed. I think the pot is up to about $320 bucks @ $10 bucks a guess. Closest to the correct weight, gets the pot. If there is a tie, they split it. Great outlook on his situation if you ask me.
Thank you all again! Video posting coming soon! Stay tuned.....
Kyle

kphayes
10-12-2004, 05:35 PM
Here's a quick pic of Me, my mrs, Amy(Cale's mrs), and Cale. This was about 2 months agos. Notice Cales OP6 shirt.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/49100_4517.jpg

racecar.hotshoe
10-12-2004, 05:40 PM
How is it that the ugly guy get the good looking girls,J/K Glad we could help....

kphayes
10-12-2004, 06:07 PM
How is it that the ugly guy get the good looking girls,J/K Glad we could help....
Isn't that how it always works. :D

RiverKitty
10-12-2004, 07:20 PM
Thanks RK (do you remember me? ;) )
Of Course!!! How could I forget you! :devil: :p

Kilrtoy
10-12-2004, 07:23 PM
Isn't that how it always works. :D
Im with you on that one

Kachina26
11-04-2004, 08:46 PM
Thank you all VERY MUCH! This was above and beyond what you all needed to do. I am really excited because now I can get all my ducks in a row and get Cale that puter and get his ass on here. I have a little something planned for the presentation of the puter to Cale and I think you all will like it. I know Cale will. :D
Just a quick update on Cale. He is doing just fine and is adapting about the best one could considering the situation. He had just started a wood flooring company not to long ago with one of his buddies. They were both just doing it on the weekends and on the side when they could. When we got home from Havasu in June, Cale decided to do it full time. Now he is going out and kind of supervising when he can, he can't stand to sit around.
This should tell you what type of a guy he is, he has a pool going to see how much his amputated leg weighed. I think the pot is up to about $320 bucks @ $10 bucks a guess. Closest to the correct weight, gets the pot. If there is a tie, they split it. Great outlook on his situation if you ask me.
Thank you all again! Video posting coming soon! Stay tuned.....
Kyle
Update????? I'm dying to see this guy online with the rest of us :D
Anyone who would have a pool like that is alright in my book!
K26

DryHeatOnly
11-05-2004, 10:11 AM
The last PM I got from KPHayes said he and his IT guy at work ordered Cale a killer PC from Dell. He did not provide the delivery date. I would expect something real soon though. :cool:

RiverKitty
11-05-2004, 10:16 AM
Are we still gonna get pics?

DryHeatOnly
11-05-2004, 10:18 AM
Are we still gonna get pics?
He wanted to get a video of the presentation to Cale.
I just PM'd KP for an update.

DryHeatOnly
11-05-2004, 10:32 AM
BTW - Here was the final list of people who made donations around the ATTDR in October. 'Cola' made a nice donation since my last post.
ATTDR Contributions totalled $907 for the PC!!
6 Dollar Boat
Alfonzo
Bling Bling
Boat Floating
Charley
Cola
Dimarco Bros
DryHeatOnly
essexjet
Extreme Liquid
Fast Timmy
Frenchie
Force 26
Havasu Luvr
Hot Diggity Dog
Kachina26
Kilrtoy
MandMVG
Midlife Advantage
racecar.hotshoe
Racer277
River Kitty
SHOCKWAVETOM
Spotondl
Tom Slick
Up 4 River
:cool:

Kilrtoy
11-05-2004, 11:13 AM
That sure was a nice camera sam,
HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM :D

DryHeatOnly
11-05-2004, 11:15 AM
That sure was a nice camera sam,
HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM :D
:D Dawg :D

RiverKitty
11-05-2004, 11:19 AM
He wanted to get a video of the presentation to Cale.
I just PM'd KP for an update.
Sweeeet! I can hardly wait!!! :D

Kilrtoy
11-05-2004, 11:28 AM
I think you you already saw where the proceeds went
didnt you see DHO's pic presentation of the halloween party ;) :D :D :D