PDA

View Full Version : Anyone got pics or video of the SS33 crash at Big River?

DUCKY
10-11-2004, 11:34 PM
Just like to rub it in that my brother (Serious Issues) is a tool........
Just kidding Chad! Glad you're alright!

Kindsvater Flat
10-11-2004, 11:37 PM
I have some video coming from down there last weekend. I do not know whats on it yet. There is a wet pic of the boat with some toe damage from the retrieval of it over in the "jet" section of the boards.

BigBoyToys
10-12-2004, 04:50 AM
What happened? Chad wrecked Niki's boat? More details please :wink: . Well, glad he is ok, but I'd be willing to bet that he's in the doghouse now :2purples: :hammerhea :hammerhea
Man, you guys have had a string of bad luck with that boat. Fire, engine, etc. and now this. Wow! Well, I sure hope that everyone and everything is ok. Best wishes to both of ya's :smile:

Larry Nebb
10-12-2004, 05:33 AM
Forget the boat. I heard that the lady driver got hurt in an unrelated incident. How could anyone let anything happen to a lovely dish like her?? Hope she heals up before the next race.

MudPumper
10-12-2004, 09:40 AM
Boat sank, Mrs. Serious Issues broke her ankle. Here are some pics.
Serious Issues (http://www.ofoto.com/BrowsePhotos.jsp?&collid=998471817105&page=1&sort_order=0)

uclahater
10-12-2004, 02:58 PM
Boat sank, Mrs. Serious Issues broke her ankle. Here are some pics.
Serious Issues (http://www.ofoto.com/BrowsePhotos.jsp?&collid=998471817105&page=1&sort_order=0)
:burningm: :cry: :burningm: :cry: :burningm: :cry: :burningm:

SERIOUS ISSUES
10-12-2004, 03:40 PM
the story go's something like this.
Friday night we were on our way back from the bar, Niki stepped into some gravle w/ flip flops and flipped then flopped. she broke her ankle and will be down for 6-8 weeks.
Saturday. Whith the lack of a driver I started testing the boat. On the last test of the day, I got half way though the corner and the boat took a hop. I got the boat strait but started to run out of river. A little harder on the plate and a little tighter turn another hop and over it went.
She was a little pissed but I explained it was all her fault. If she didn't mess up her ankle I would not have been doing the testing.
No next race for her until next year. Sad, she slips and kills a leg. I crash a boat and walk away. go figure.

Ex PSI Canyon
10-12-2004, 06:34 PM
I saw the whole thing, I can tell that Chad has done the exiting of the boat thing before, I gave him a 10 for the free style dive manuever he did when the boat slingshot'd him towards shore. Sorry it had to happen Chad, you were hauling ass though looking good until the Oh Shi...! Matt

GofastRacer
10-12-2004, 07:08 PM
That's what happens when you go against the current, it happens all the time, gotta be careful!..Glad you're ok Chad!.. :cool:
Hope Nikki is doing good!..

Moneypitt
10-12-2004, 08:55 PM
If the boats ok, bring it out to Parker in NOV. Some body will drive it for you, and the boat earns the points! Hey Art, looking for a ride?? ............Ray..PS89........

BigBoyToys
10-13-2004, 04:16 AM
the story go's something like this.
She was a little pissed but I explained it was all her fault. If she didn't mess up her ankle I would not have been doing the testing.
That's a classic :D :D
Sorry to hear about your misfortunes. Hope that Niki heals up soon and glad that you're ok Chad. You'll be back again with the boat, but I kinda doubt that Niki will let ya drive "Her" boat again :hammer2: :hammer2: :D LOL

Mrs. Serious Issues
10-13-2004, 08:21 AM
Wow! That's the first time I saw the pictures of Chad's little adventure! I was layed up in the hotel w/ bags of ice and pain killer's so I didn't see any of the action. Thank god, I probably would have had a heart attack if I saw him go over. I want to thank everyone who helped scoop him out of the water and rescue the boat! I really, really appreciate it! Boat people are the best people ever!
Maybe the next go round I'll get to meet some of you!
Thanks again!

SERIOUS ISSUES
10-13-2004, 05:59 PM
It's a standing rule, if she cant drive in a race I do. Another is if I break it I fix it. One more, If she breaks it I fix it. I cant kill my wife for boat damage and I wont kill my self for boat damage but anyone else :hammer2: .
Is the Nov. race a SSRA points race or just APBA?
The engine builder did a leakdown on the boat and 6 ut of 8 cylinders are over 18%. I am attempting to find out how much to rebuild a back up motor and running Firebird now. or we just park it for the winter.
Anyone have a loaner motor??????? :confused: :jawdrop: :D

GofastRacer
10-13-2004, 06:45 PM
It's a standing rule, if she cant drive in a race I do. Another is if I break it I fix it. One more, If she breaks it I fix it. I cant kill my wife for boat damage and I wont kill my self for boat damage but anyone else :hammer2: .
Is the Nov. race a SSRA points race or just APBA?
The engine builder did a leakdown on the boat and 6 ut of 8 cylinders are over 18%. I am attempting to find out how much to rebuild a back up motor and running Firebird now. or we just park it for the winter.
Chad, park the damn thing and save your money and do it RIGHT ONCE!.. :)

BigBoyToys
10-13-2004, 08:28 PM
I have an old 6 cyl Buick out in the field.... :rollside: LOL Not the kinda loaner motor you're looking for huh? J/K :cool: Good luck to ya's, I hope everything works out for ya's.

SERIOUS ISSUES
10-14-2004, 05:40 PM
Chad, park the damn thing and save your money and do it RIGHT ONCE!.. :)
We will do one right this winter. the parts in the motor are good but the block is on the ouside of tollerance. We have about 100 people coming out to watch the boat run including some that may sponsor the boat next year.
thats why we want to get it back together for the weekend.
BTW Art, Thats what I called for, do you have any more blocks???

GofastRacer
10-14-2004, 06:11 PM
We will do one right this winter. the parts in the motor are good but the block is on the ouside of tollerance. We have about 100 people coming out to watch the boat run including some that may sponsor the boat next year.
thats why we want to get it back together for the weekend.
BTW Art, Thats what I called for, do you have any more blocks???
I'll bet you could use some internal stuff too!. :D Yes I have a stout one that would be perfect for SS :cool: Now if you'll just answer your ohone!.. :D :D :D