PDA

View Full Version : Who has the deal/hookup on props?

mbrown2
10-12-2004, 09:12 AM
I am either going to replace my broken Labbed three blade potato chip cleaver or sale the good one and by a matching set of the non-labbed three blade cleavers...wondering if anyone knows of the most competitive place to get Merc props?
I am trying Lakeland now, but back when Half Track marine was open in Parker, they would sell me props for $100 over cost....everybody (Lakeland, Prop Shop, DCB) was more expensive then that...maybe that is why Half Track is out of business :confused: :) actually they are due to divorce....but just looking for a place that is not going to rape me for retail that is competitive.
Any input is appreciate :)

Evo22
10-12-2004, 10:26 AM
hey MB,
:) I get a deal from chad at CHP I'm not too hip on whakers what excatly are you lookin for and I will ask him

mbrown2
10-12-2004, 11:51 AM
EVO, sounds good...I will shoot you a PM in a little bit with details

Three Days Only
10-12-2004, 04:36 PM
Step up and buy some Herings for that sled. You will be very happy later!!!
3DO

Fasprop
10-12-2004, 04:48 PM
Give Lee Sanderson a call. You can get his info from the website. sandersonpropeller.com.... He is a good guy to deal with. Try to speek with him for the best deal. He sells Merc, Spinelli and a few others.
Chris

mbrown2
10-12-2004, 04:51 PM
Step up and buy some Herings for that sled. You will be very happy later!!!
3DO
Do they even make OB props? thought they were just high dollar #6 jobbers...
Plus, I am not running anywhere near 130, so I don't think I need the rocket science props... :)

mbrown2
10-12-2004, 04:51 PM
Give Lee Sanderson a call. You can get his info from the website. sandersonpropeller.com.... He is a good guy to deal with. Try to speek with him for the best deal. He sells Merc, Spinelli and a few others.
Chris
Thanks for the info.

Three Days Only
10-12-2004, 05:09 PM
Do they even make OB props? thought they were just high dollar #6 jobbers...
Plus, I am not running anywhere near 130, so I don't think I need the rocket science props... :)
130...........Who Cares. The props are just dialed in better then anything else I have ever used, and I dont have #6's. They just work better!!! Bling told me for six months, Herman get Herings, Herman get Herings........Of course I didnt listen, two sets of props later I get some Herings and they are the shit.
I would be worth your while to check them out, they make one hell of a product.
Anyway your a high roller, big baller, shot caller, and as Rocky would say
"Get Er Done"

andy01
10-12-2004, 06:36 PM
Did you have stock Merc. props when you got the boat or did it have labs on it? Let me know what you find out. Oh and the Oil?
Andy

mbrown2
10-12-2004, 07:46 PM
Did you have stock Merc. props when you got the boat or did it have labs on it? Let me know what you find out. Oh and the Oil?
Andy
Boat was delivered with Labbed or Merc's new term Lake Lab finish (sharper)...I have an extra set of non lab 4 blades, but I like the 3 blades...Lakes or Labs from Merc's are potato chips..
3DO, I will take a look at the Herings..

WetWillie
10-12-2004, 07:51 PM
I was looking at herrings. What will I see most switching to herrings? top speed? Acceleration? Whats a prop cost and were to buy?
W

XtrmWakeborder
10-12-2004, 11:39 PM
I was looking at herrings. What will I see most switching to herrings? top speed? Acceleration? Whats a prop cost and were to buy?
W
With a $30k drive, i don't think its gunna be pretty lol i can't wait to hear this number 5k?

Boatmaster
10-13-2004, 05:59 AM
If you need Merc props call me, I will be glad to take care of you at a fair price. I am a merc dealer in northern CA. Drew 925-828-5775.

STV_Keith
10-13-2004, 07:05 AM
You can also try Kevin at R & R Prop Shop (http://www.randrpropshop.com) in Henderson (Las Vegas area). He also sells them, and may even have a used one on the wall. Might even be able to fix yours or take your other one on trade.
702-564-7502.

Evo22
10-13-2004, 08:37 AM
hey 3DO,
what diamater are your herrings? are they 6 blade? didn't you have to run a different lower untit? or are the hubs set up for the bigger shaft for the bravo units??

mbrown2
10-13-2004, 10:32 AM
I sure appreciate all the responses...I have been slammed this week at work to call anyone...I will call the folks in the next couple of days....
Hering does not appear to have a website....so I am still unsure if they even make props that fit my OB; the 300x utilize the fat shaft....

Three Days Only
10-16-2004, 03:24 PM
W
5 Blade Hering Cleavers are going to set you back around 5K per prop. In the long run its worth every penny.
They run better all the way around its amazing. Bling kept telling me to get a set of Herings and I dicked around with other props which kept breaking. Three sets of crappy props (Hydromotive 5 Blades, & Merc 5 Blades) later I finally got a set of 6 Blade Herings. I will never buy another type of propeller for high perfomance use. They are the shit, I have never tried Rolla, I hear those are excellent also, but even more pricey then the Hering. You shouldnt be running anything other then a Hering on the back of that #6. PM Bling he knows more about the cleavers then I do, there some kind of a splash plate which you need with the Herings and a #6.
Here's a PDF that has some information and phone numbers, ask for Jim Hering (http://www.lipship.com/service/2001Brochure.pdf)
3DO

Three Days Only
10-16-2004, 03:34 PM
hey 3DO,
what diamater are your herrings? are they 6 blade? didn't you have to run a different lower untit? or are the hubs set up for the bigger shaft for the bravo units??
There 34P 6 Blades, I have no idea of the diameter, I think it's 16 3/8" but im not sure. Im running the sportmaster shortie lower unit with the large prop shaft. The props only come set up for the larger prop shaft.
3DO

ECeptor
10-19-2004, 04:01 PM
Ask for Brian on Boat City Props in OKC, OK - 405-632-2844

andy01
10-19-2004, 04:33 PM
Mike what have you found out about props?
Andy

mbrown2
10-19-2004, 07:09 PM
Works been a little busy and have been gone on the weekends....hopefully will make some calls this week.

andy01
10-19-2004, 09:08 PM
been gone on the weekends....
What's new! j/k
Andy

WetWillie
10-26-2004, 09:22 PM
Bling,
Help me out here. I want a Herring on my boat. You know the drill 1000 to 1200hp #6 what else you need to know?? I want more speed and roost?
Hook a brother up? What do i need to get pricing on?
WW

WetWillie
11-27-2004, 09:52 AM
Help me out here? I have no idea what I need do I need to do the math on drive ratio or anything?
I know they can take months to get. I am trying to get the ball rolling before the season starts or before the LA show?
Is it just math or do I need to try several props?