PDA

View Full Version : Big Fat Thank You To Nashville Bound

throwerb
10-12-2004, 10:33 AM
And his lovely wife, for driving us around all weekend looking at homes and treating us like family. This is one of the nicest couples I have ever met, and I believe they will soon be our neighbors. We loved Tennessee and can't wait to move there. Anybody thinking about getting out of crowdifornia I would stongly recommend going and checking it out. Did I mention 4000 sqft all brick new home across the street from the lake for 325k :D

RiverOtter
10-12-2004, 10:48 AM
TN ain't bad boutha. We got lots of lakes with no ramp lines too. :D

Rev. Williams
10-12-2004, 10:50 AM
And his lovely wife, for driving us around all weekend looking at homes and treating us like family. This is one of the nicest couples I have ever met, and I believe they will soon be our neighbors. We loved Tennessee and can't wait to move there. Anybody thinking about getting out of crowdifornia I would stongly recommend going and checking it out. Did I mention 4000 sqft all brick new home across the street from the lake for 325k :D
Jeff and Fluffy are the best and truly missed here in Cali :( I had some great lake trips and fun parties while they were here.
If I could get a nice job in TN I'd be there in a minute!!

Havasu_Dreamin
10-12-2004, 10:51 AM
Did I mention 4000 sqft all brick new home across the street from the lake for 325k :D
DOH! Where I do sign up? :jawdrop:

syke-o
10-12-2004, 11:05 AM
throwerb.. did u take any pics of your trip? i would love to see what those houses look like... :)

throwerb
10-12-2004, 11:06 AM
Jeff and Fluffy are the best and truly missed here in Cali :( I had some great lake trips and fun parties while they were here.
If I could get a nice job in TN I'd be there in a minute!!
At these prices I think I'm going to get a job at Wal Mart as the greeter, did I mention gas was $1.83 a gallon, and there is no guy at the marina checking how long your boat is or if it has mufflers. :)

throwerb
10-12-2004, 11:11 AM
throwerb.. did u take any pics of your trip? i would love to see what those houses look like... :)
Contact NashvilleBound he and his wife sent me tons of listings to look at. Do a search on Center Hill lake and check out the pics. I will post some pics after I get them developed.

Rev. Williams
10-12-2004, 11:13 AM
At these prices I think I'm going to get a job at Wal Mart as the greeter, did I mention gas was $1.83 a gallon, and there is no guy at the marina checking how long your boat is or if it has mufflers. :)
Perfect! Once you get in at Walmart, let me know what opens up.... I'd really like something in Sporting goods but Hardware or Paint would be okay too :D :D
We'd just need to make it clear that we don't (forget that!) we WON'T work weekends!! Weekends are for boating!! :D :D
If you can, see if the Piggly Wiggly has any openings.... When I was 16 I had a job at Albertson! :D

OutCole'd
10-12-2004, 11:15 AM
My brother lives in Columbia, TN. He loves it, I don't see him ever moving back out west. Something about hills & greenery. Something we don't have here in Vegas.

RiverOtter
10-12-2004, 11:52 AM
My brother lives in Columbia, TN. He loves it, I don't see him ever moving back out west. Something about hills & greenery. Something we don't have here in Vegas.
Don't forget the humidity... We gots humidity :D

OutCole'd
10-12-2004, 11:55 AM
Don't forget the humidity... We gots humidity :D
Ya, it's funny. My brother tells me the way he make ice tea, he just puts an empty bottle with a few tea bags in it out front. Come back a few hours later and you have a full bottle of ice tea.

RiverOtter
10-12-2004, 11:59 AM
Ya, it's funny. My brother tells me the way he make ice tea, he just puts an empty bottle with a few tea bags in it out front. Come back a few hours later and you have a full bottle of ice tea.
No doubt. Us native Southeast peeps were born with gills so we can breathe in the summer. :D

ROZ
10-12-2004, 11:59 AM
I gotta agree... Jeff and everyone I met associated with him have been cool peeps....

Mrs. casean
10-12-2004, 12:02 PM
Don't tempt me w/ prices like that! Cheesh... I have heard good things about it over there... not sure if I could ever leave though.

OGShocker
10-12-2004, 12:05 PM
Holy S**T. My sister lives in Columbia, TN. She has tried to get me to relocate our company to middle Tennessee. I would love to but I like the fact she lives that far away. :D

100mbs
10-12-2004, 12:09 PM
Great Minds must think alike. I say the exact same thing to my wife all the time (At these prices I think I'm going to get a job at Wal Mart as the greeter).
If you have any pics please post them up some where.
Thanks..

Brady Bunch
10-12-2004, 12:21 PM
Here is what you could get in Tennessee..
3.8 acres, 3,000 sq ft $325,000http://www.centerhill.com/602135/504983-01.jpg
This to house the toys
http://www.centerhill.com/602135/504983-08.jpg
View from the back deck
http://www.centerhill.com/602135/504983-09.jpg

Brady Bunch
10-12-2004, 12:23 PM
Or if you are from Beaumont, you can run it hard in this lake front single wide for $55 K
http://www.centerhill.com/lakehomes/609332.jpg

ROZ
10-12-2004, 12:27 PM
Or if you are from Beaumont, you can run it hard in this lake front single wide for $55 K
http://www.centerhill.com/lakehomes/609332.jpg
Well, atleast I can dream..... :D

Mrs. casean
10-12-2004, 01:21 PM
Beautiful view from the back!

throwerb
10-12-2004, 02:43 PM
Here are some pics of the homes we are looking at buying. Priced from 300k to 375k all with lake views.

throwerb
10-12-2004, 02:44 PM
Another

throwerb
10-12-2004, 02:45 PM
The veiws.

Mrs. casean
10-12-2004, 02:50 PM
WOW Throwerb! How amazing are those! Makes me want to move! Those are all awsome homes... what made you decide to move?

syke-o
10-12-2004, 02:54 PM
thanks for the pics... it look awesome!!

throwerb
10-12-2004, 03:00 PM
WOW Throwerb! How amazing are those! Makes me want to move! Those are all awsome homes... what made you decide to move?
Where do I start? California too crowded, running out of water, 5 hour drive to shallow lakes, houses waaaaay over priced, can take my current equity and buy a house and new boat cash and most of all I can now get my dream job (official greeter) at one of 10 Wal Mart super centers in the area. :p

Mrs. casean
10-12-2004, 03:03 PM
Where do I start? California too crowded, running out of water, 5 hour drive to shallow lakes, houses waaaaay over priced, can take my current equity and buy a house and new boat cash and most of all I can now get my dream job (official greeter) at one of 10 Wal Mart super centers in the area. :p
it is awful how our lakes are shallow, prices are so darn high it is impossible for many to buy anymore... and yes... way overcrowded! But my family is here and friends, so I guess I'll stay put. Buy we considered moving to AZ last year... depending on who was gonna become gov. during the recall... but we stayed :D WEll good luck w/ the purchase and move... it's sometimes nice to pick up and start fresh... and those houses are beautiful... I am sure you'll get something great from looking at those!

throwerb
10-12-2004, 03:09 PM
it is awful how our lakes are shallow, prices are so darn high it is impossible for many to buy anymore... and yes... way overcrowded! But my family is here and friends, so I guess I'll stay put. Buy we considered moving to AZ last year... depending on who was gonna become gov. during the recall... but we stayed :D WEll good luck w/ the purchase and move... it's sometimes nice to pick up and start fresh... and those houses are beautiful... I am sure you'll get something great from looking at those!
Thanks. Family was a huge concern for us as well, but I am sure they will follow. If not it's only $225 round trip. The homes are even more beautiful inside. We even looked st some not as close to the lake that were awesome in the 250k range. :confused: :)

Mrs. casean
10-12-2004, 03:13 PM
Thanks. Family was a huge concern for us as well, but I am sure they will follow. If not it's only $225 round trip. The homes are even more beautiful inside. We even looked st some not as close to the lake that were awesome in the 250k range. :confused: :)
WOW! Hard to believe there are still houses for that price... we got ours less that that... but not nearly as beautiful as that! Or w/ a lake view!!! I can dream :D
That would be the life... go to work, come home and take the kids for a spin around the lake, after school... go for sunset rides... right outside of your house!

throwerb
10-12-2004, 03:18 PM
At $1.83 a gallon you could go for some long rides. :cool:

Mrs. casean
10-12-2004, 03:19 PM
At $1.83 a gallon you could go for some long rides. :cool:
You're killin me here! lol... doubt we'll ever see that here again!

OutCole'd
10-12-2004, 03:23 PM
Yup, he's been there for about 12 years. Works at the Saturn plant.
Holy S**T. My sister lives in Columbia, TN. She has tried to get me to relocate our company to middle Tennessee. I would love to but I like the fact she lives that far away. :D

100mbs
10-12-2004, 03:26 PM
The veiws.
Hey Throwerb,
What City were these pictrures that you are posting taken at? Also what lake is that behind the houses?
The wife and Have been talking about moving there as well. We just bought a rental property in Searville about two months ago and we are planning on buying another next month.
I think we are going to make a trip out there in January or Feb of 2005.

Mrs. casean
10-12-2004, 03:32 PM
I am sure it will be a huge difference from Escondido! I was only there a year and a half, but I am sure TN will be a nice change... I still work there, but don't think I could go back. Good luck w/ your move too!

100mbs
10-12-2004, 03:36 PM
I am sure it will be a huge difference from Escondido! I was only there a year and a half, but I am sure TN will be a nice change... I still work there, but don't think I could go back. Good luck w/ your move too!
Yeah Esco SUX! The street I live on is cool and so are the people. But the rest of the city you can have. It's becoming almost as bad as Beaumont. :)

cstraub
10-12-2004, 03:38 PM
NE TN here. How about 3000 sq/ft with lake view and paid less then $165K. 2 miles to the Grocery. Best of all $780 a year in property tax!!! NO state income tax either. . .another plus!! I don't know how people can afford to live in CA. I don't mean that bad, it's just the cost of living is so high.
Chris

Mrs. casean
10-12-2004, 03:39 PM
Yeah Esco SUX! The street I live on is cool and so are the people. But the rest of the city you can have. It's becoming almost as bad as Beaumont. :)
I know! I moved there from San Clemente... shock! But it was close to school and the b.f. not hubby... so it had it's benefits... I work in Hidden Meadows which is great... but I hate running errands for work and driving through town! It has it's cool areas, well nicer I should say... but glad we chose to move to Temecula.

throwerb
10-12-2004, 03:40 PM
Hey Throwerb,
What City were these pictrures that you are posting taken at? Also what lake is that behind the houses?
The wife and Have been talking about moving there as well. We just bought a rental property in Searville about two months ago and we are planning on buying another next month.
I think we are going to make a trip out there in January or Feb of 2005.
Those where just a few in the same tract in Hendersonville. The lake in the background is Old Hickory. Hardly saw any boats out on the lake, told my wife if this was California you'd see boats and lake lice everywhere. Water was about 79 degrees and they say it is about that temp or a little warmer all summer. We also saw some beautiful houses in Brentwood, Murfreesboro and Franklin. Hope to be out there by Jan 1st, if so please look us up. I almost called my realitor and told him to send our stuff, but Wal Mart won't be ready for me until the first of the year ;)

100mbs
10-12-2004, 03:42 PM
I know! I moved there from San Clemente... shock! But it was close to school and the b.f. not hubby... so it had it's benefits... I work in Hidden Meadows which is great... but I hate running errands for work and driving through town! It has it's cool areas, well nicer I should say... but glad we chose to move to Temecula.
We almost bought in Temecula off the 79. Sometimes I wish we did it and sometimes I am glad we didnt. Sean can tell you driving to Mira Mesa is HELL!!!

throwerb
10-12-2004, 03:44 PM
NE TN here. How about 3000 sq/ft with lake view and paid less then $165K. 2 miles to the Grocery. Best of all $780 a year in property tax!!! NO state income tax either. . .another plus!! I don't know how people can afford to live in CA. I don't mean that bad, it's just the cost of living is so high.
Chris
Hey, I think I'm getting ripped off :wink: What lake are you close to? Where did you move there from?

RiverOtter
10-12-2004, 03:45 PM
Hey, I think I'm getting ripped off :wink: What lake are you close to? Where did you move there from?
Sounds like Tri Cities or Bristal.

100mbs
10-12-2004, 03:46 PM
Those where just a few in the same tract in Hendersonville. The lake in the background is Old Hickory. Hardly saw any boats out on the lake, told my wife if this was California you'd see boats and lake lice everywhere. Water was about 79 degrees and they say it is about that temp or a little warmer all summer. We also saw some beautiful houses in Brentwood, Murfreesboro and Franklin. Hope to be out there by Jan 1st, if so please look us up. I almost called my realitor and told him to send our stuff, but Wal Mart won't be ready for me until the first of the year ;)
Where do you think you will end up buying? What type of work do you do?

cstraub
10-12-2004, 03:59 PM
I live right outside of Johnson City on Boone Lake. Its about 26 miles long and about a 1/2mile wide at best. The Bristol track is about 10 miles from the house. Lived in Vegas during childhood. Mom retired there about 2 years ago. Spent most of my time in Louisville, KY. We get alot of transplants here because of the race track...they come to the race and move here... I love it. I work from the home now. Stef's Performance, who I work for, is in Lakewood, NJ. Joe asked if I was interested in moving up there, but after the cost of living shock, I told him double my salary and I will consider it. When I first moved here in Jan. of '01, I had an 1100sq/ft town house with garage for $450 a month. After 6 months I decided to buy.
License Plate for M3 $26 a year, thats with a $1 donation
Boat Slip: $900 a year covered
Personal Property Tax: Non
Water/Trash: $30 month
Electric: All electric, remember I am home for work $79 summer/ $140 winter
Anyone what Real Estate Books?

throwerb
10-12-2004, 04:02 PM
Where do you think you will end up buying? What type of work do you do?
Been in the restaurant business for many, many years. Not sure what I will do there. My wife has a PHd in psychology and we will more than likely move to whichever area she can get work in until she opens a private practice. With the home prices and cost of living what they are there, we are not really to concerned about where we will work. When you own a house out right you can be the greeter at Wal Mart if you want to. :D

Krazy K
10-12-2004, 04:15 PM
Yeah, I'm looking at Knoxville when I'm done with school. I'm looking at land to build my house on. Saw 10 acres for sale at $40,000. About another $100,000 to build the house and waalaaa! Fairly close to one of the lakes, too. Douglas Lake, I think...

throwerb
10-12-2004, 05:06 PM
Yeah, I'm looking at Knoxville when I'm done with school. I'm looking at land to build my house on. Saw 10 acres for sale at $40,000. About another $100,000 to build the house and waalaaa! Fairly close to one of the lakes, too. Douglas Lake, I think...
Saw land around Murfreesboro for $1000 per acre.

RiverOtter
10-12-2004, 05:09 PM
Knoxville is nice buy way more opportunity in Nashville. :cool:

NashvilleBound
10-12-2004, 05:21 PM
Geez, I actually think I am blushing. No, wait, its gas. :messedup:
Brad, taking you and your family out looking at homes was a pleasure. You guys ARE like family. It's kinda cool to meet someone and feel at home. Cant wait till you get here so we have someone to hang at the lakes with. I hope you find what your looking for. It shouldn't be hard, I think your on the same page as I am.

ahhell
10-12-2004, 05:29 PM
Great Minds must think alike. I say the exact same thing to my wife all the time (At these prices I think I'm going to get a job at Wal Mart as the greeter).
If you have any pics please post them up some where.
Thanks..
:cool: That jobs taken.......and if it paid enuf id move too, soon. its just kinda far from the river (colorado, that is)

NashvilleBound
10-12-2004, 05:34 PM
I drove through Escondido, aka Little TJ, for 15 years while living in Valley Center. Its getting pretty bad. Course the one thing I do miss is the Carne Asada Burritos. Damn I miss those. Its just not the same out here.

Mrs. casean
10-12-2004, 05:57 PM
We almost bought in Temecula off the 79. Sometimes I wish we did it and sometimes I am glad we didnt. Sean can tell you driving to Mira Mesa is HELL!!!
Do you and Sean know each other??? We bought off 79 Noth/Winchester Rd. A little far out though... but it won't feel like it for long.

Mrs. casean
10-12-2004, 06:00 PM
I drove through Escondido, aka Little TJ, for 15 years while living in Valley Center. Its getting pretty bad. Course the one thing I do miss is the Carne Asada Burritos. Damn I miss those. Its just not the same out here.
We looked at buying a few acres in Valley Center and putting a modular on it till we could build a home... unfortunately the cost of just land was too damn expensive too, so we had to move to was WAS the 909 at the time :D But I am really happy w/ our move... the wine country is almost in our back yard so we're kinda of out in the boonies considering... Are you happy you moved out of CA??

572Daytona
10-12-2004, 06:08 PM
TN is a great place to live,when it gets too crowded here in GA, I may move up that way as well. Homes are still reasonable here too, my wife has one listed from under 300K here in Georgia on Lake Lanier with it's own dock:
http://www.sammythieme.com/fredericks.htm
We've lived on the lake since 1993, I would never do a 5 hour drive just to go boating.

Mrs. casean
10-12-2004, 06:09 PM
How awsome! seems to have a country feel to it...

100mbs
10-12-2004, 06:25 PM
Little TJ is right! It gets worse and worse every month. This real estate around here in Escondido is crazy. They are turning these piece of crap apartments on Broadway into condos and selling them idiviually for close to $300K. They are a piece of crap!!!
I think there is a way to fedex hot foods overnight. :idea: :idea:

100mbs
10-12-2004, 06:26 PM
Do you and Sean know each other??? We bought off 79 Noth/Winchester Rd. A little far out though... but it won't feel like it for long.
It's me Chuck!

100mbs
10-12-2004, 06:34 PM
:cool: That jobs taken.......and if it paid enuf id move too, soon. its just kinda far from the river (colorado, that is)
DAM IT!! I thought I was going to get that job! Maybe I will apply at the Target...
Theres a lot of rivers and lakes out there in TN....

Mrs. casean
10-12-2004, 06:35 PM
It's me Chuck!
AHhhhh... keeping me in the dark now are you! You really could have led me on and I'd never know :D... how are ya! Any luck w/ the trailer search?

throwerb
10-12-2004, 06:39 PM
DAM IT!! I thought I was going to get that job! Maybe I will apply at the Target...
Theres a lot of rivers and lakes out there in TN....
No need to fight guys, remember there are 10 wal marts in the area. :wink:

100mbs
10-12-2004, 06:40 PM
Sweet! My dream is, going to come true.....

Mrs. casean
10-12-2004, 06:41 PM
No need to fight guys, remember there are 10 wal marts in the area. :wink:
lol.... I
Target seems cleaner... I'd chose Target

throwerb
10-12-2004, 06:42 PM
Geez, I actually think I am blushing. No, wait, its gas. :messedup:
Same thing happened to me, must be the bloomin onion :jawdrop: :D

Mrs. casean
10-12-2004, 06:45 PM
Same thing happened to me, must be the bloomin onion :jawdrop: :D
http://dmontzmax.maximaclubca.com/SigsAndAvatars/Smilies/fart2.gif

100mbs
10-12-2004, 06:45 PM
AHhhhh... keeping me in the dark now are you! You really could have led me on and I'd never know :D... how are ya! Any luck w/ the trailer search?
I am sorry.. I thought you already knew my name on the boards.
We havent really been looking lately. We have been really busy. I dont know when we will be able to get out there and look again. I might be going to France for a few weeks this month and maybe again in December. So I have been getting stuff ready for the trip at home and at work.
Are you guys still going out for Halloween?

Mrs. casean
10-12-2004, 06:47 PM
I am sorry.. I thought you already knew my name on the boards.
We havent really been looking lately. We have been really busy. I dont know when we will be able to get out there and look again. I might be going to France for a few weeks this month and maybe again in December. So I have been getting stuff ready for the trip at home and at work.
Are you guys still going out for Halloween?
Oh yeah, we'll be out there... France eh? How neat! Nah, I didn't know you were here. Sean has not been on here recently... busy & workin on other stuff. Glad you are though! Good Luck w/ the search... we'll be going out all season so you know you can always hook up w/ us whenever you get it...

100mbs
10-12-2004, 06:53 PM
Oh yeah, we'll be out there... France eh? How neat! Nah, I didn't know you were here. Sean has not been on here recently... busy & workin on other stuff. Glad you are though! Good Luck w/ the search... we'll be going out all season so you know you can always hook up w/ us whenever you get it...
We still have a flat bed trailer so we will definitly be out there for atleast day trips. So we will for sure meet up..

Mrs. casean
10-12-2004, 06:55 PM
We still have a flat bed trailer so we will definitly be out there for atleast day trips. So we will for sure meet up..
Excellent! We'll be at Ocotillo from Thursday night till Sun morning...
It'll be a good time for sure... even if it is just for the day :D Hope to see you both out there!

100mbs
10-12-2004, 07:37 PM
Excellent! We'll be at Ocotillo from Thursday night till Sun morning...
It'll be a good time for sure... even if it is just for the day :D Hope to see you both out there!
If we dont make it for Halooween for sure another weekend.

Mrs. casean
10-12-2004, 07:39 PM
If we dont make it for Halooween for sure another weekend.
we'll keep you posted!

ROZ
10-12-2004, 07:53 PM
You 2 are making me sick... Do we know each other? it's me! Like oh my god! :D:D:D
100MBS... I too was wondering about overnighting food. Machaca burrito, yum, yum.. :D

Mrs. casean
10-12-2004, 07:56 PM
You 2 are making me sick... Do we know each other? it's me! Like oh my god! :D:D:D
100MBS... I too was wondering about overnighting food. Machaca burrito, yum, yum.. :D
Sorry Roz... lol... Sean didn't tell me he was online and then he calls my husband by name... got a little wierded out there for a second..... I do sound cheezy though often :D Sean got the pleasure of meeting you, but I havent' yet... BTW, the stereo is great!
Escondidio does have some good mexican food... I am always trying to talk Sean into staying down there after work for dinner to get some of the old favorites in....

100mbs
10-12-2004, 07:56 PM
Yeah i think they have speacial insulated boxes that you can send hot foods in. There is special hot pack that you can put in the box so it keeps the food warm.
I know for sure you can do it with cold and frozen foods.

ROZ
10-12-2004, 08:07 PM
I was just funnin'... I think i's cool seenin local peeps online.. I live between Woodland Parkway and Nordal north of the 78... Not but 5 mins fro the area that 100mbs lives.. Turns out there's quite a few peeps in the SD North County... Sean works a little too close to RiverDave though. I'm outside the 2 mile comfort zone :D:D:D

ROZ
10-12-2004, 08:08 PM
Yeah i think they have speacial insulated boxes that you can send hot foods in. There is special hot pack that you can put in the box so it keeps the food warm.
I know for sure you can do it with cold and frozen foods.
Maybe I'll send him some Aracherra Carne Asada.. :cool:

Mrs. casean
10-12-2004, 08:11 PM
I was just funnin'... I think i's cool seenin local peeps online.. I live between Woodland Parkway and Nordal north of the 78... Not but 5 mins fro the area that 100mbs lives.. Turns out there's quite a few peeps in the SD North County... Sean works a little too close to RiverDave though. I'm outside the 2 mile comfort zone :D:D:D
haha! I wanna meet the infamous RD some day... he even knows a few guys I went to High School w/ and doesn't even know it...
It is cool seeing people so local... we need to put together something in Esco/San marcos... how about Rest. Row one of these days...
I pass right by you on M & Wed then... I go on woodland the back way to school... and Sean actually lived of Nordhal/Rock Springs/Rees area w/ his parents till I came along :D
His brother is still there...

WetWillie
10-12-2004, 08:13 PM
Lolitas taco shop is the one you want to send.
Damn its good..
WW

ROZ
10-12-2004, 08:16 PM
I pass right by you on M & Wed then... I go on woodland the back way to school... and Sean actually lived of Nordhal/Rock Springs/Rees area w/ his parents till I came along :D
His brother is still there...
Are you f'n kidding me? Did he go to San mArcos High? Ggraduated when? My folks live on rock springs...I life in an area called the woods It's the community on the south side of rock springs between woodland pkwy and benett...

Mrs. casean
10-12-2004, 08:21 PM
Are you f'n kidding me? Did he go to San mArcos High? Ggraduated when? My folks live on rock springs...I life in an area called the woods It's the community on the south side of rock springs between woodland pkwy and benett...
We were right there! How funny... I used to do my walks right down off R.S./Bennet in a circle! too funny... no he went to Orange Glen... graduated??? Mmmm.. 93...

ROZ
10-12-2004, 08:23 PM
We were right there! How funny... I used to do my walks right down off R.S./Bennet in a circle! too funny... no he went to Orange Glen... graduated??? Mmmm.. 93...
Where did you go to school and graduate? C-bad?

Mrs. casean
10-12-2004, 08:31 PM
Where did you go to school and graduate? C-bad?
I went to San Clemente High School... graduated in 96...

100mbs
10-12-2004, 08:32 PM
Maybe I'll send him some Aracherra Carne Asada.. :cool:
UMMMM!

Krazy K
10-12-2004, 08:36 PM
Saw land around Murfreesboro for $1000 per acre.
I want to bypass big cities. I want to be a little more rural but have access to the city. Knoxville is kinda like here, a big little city.

Mrs. casean
10-12-2004, 08:38 PM
I want to bypass big cities. I want to be a little more rural but have access to the city. Knoxville is kinda like here, a big little city.
An old friend of mine moved to Knoxville... tried to convince me it was better than California... I just couldn't buy into it enough to move out there... but now that I've seen all these great pics... hhhmmm :D

Krazy K
10-12-2004, 08:43 PM
Knoxville is nice buy way more opportunity in Nashville. :cool:
...and you are in Chattanooga?!? J/K! I want a city feel but not that big.

Krazy K
10-12-2004, 08:47 PM
An old friend of mine moved to Knoxville... tried to convince me it was better than California... I just couldn't buy into it enough to move out there... but now that I've seen all these great pics... hhhmmm :D
I moved up here because I wanted to be able to buy a house on my own. (almost did a couple years ago...2 bed, 1 bath, 900 sq ft, big bkyd, garage, nice area, built in the early 40's...$75,000) 3 days after I signed the papers, I lost my job. Now, I want to build my house on some land, so.....moving again as soon as I finish school.

Mrs. casean
10-12-2004, 08:49 PM
I moved up here because I wanted to be able to buy a house on my own. (almost did a couple years ago...2 bed, 1 bath, 900 sq ft, big bkyd, garage, nice area, built in the early 40's...$75,000) 3 days after I signed the papers, I lost my job. Now, I want to build my house on some land, so.....moving again as soon as I finish school.
Good reasons... gotta do what ya gotta do... I'd (we'd) love to have some land to build a house on... it is damn near impossible for so many people to buy a house in CA anymore... we are one of the lucky ones but I worry about friends and others who just can't make it happen.
Good luck Krazy K!

NashvilleBound
10-13-2004, 03:54 AM
We looked at buying a few acres in Valley Center and putting a modular on it till we could build a home... unfortunately the cost of just land was too damn expensive too, so we had to move to was WAS the 909 at the time :D But I am really happy w/ our move... the wine country is almost in our back yard so we're kinda of out in the boonies considering... Are you happy you moved out of CA??
Am I happy??? You have to be kidding, right? I never, ever, think of CA until someone mentions it to me. The ONLY thing I miss is all of our family(my wifes watching me) and our friends...including all the peeps on the forums. Ok, and the Mexican food. The gatherings out here in TN are not quite the same as every weekend in CA. Tho, I am working on it...ie. Brad and his family. The way I put it in a nutshell is...In CA, you live to work, out here in TN, you work to live. My home in CA took right at $8000 a month just for a roof and utilities. I was working 7 days a week just to keep up. My homes are now paid for in TN. Out here my last months electrical bill was $110 and my gas was $7. My car tags are $65 regardless what it is. No state tax.....Best of all I am now having a life with my family. I go to all the practices and games. We are always together. I would not trade that for anything.
Send me your e mail address and I will send you some pictures of the area if your interested......all my attachments are too big for the forums.

RiverOtter
10-13-2004, 04:16 AM
...and you are in Chattanooga?!? J/K! I want a city feel but not that big.
Yes, I'm in the Nooga.
Nooga = very little opportunity
Knoxville = more opportunity than the Nooga
Nashville = most opportunity in the state of TN
While Nashville if much bigger that Knox or Chatt I would not consider it a "big" city. Just MHO from a life long resident of TN :wink:

NashvilleBound
10-13-2004, 04:26 AM
Nooga?? is that anything like Memfrica? :D :D :D

RiverOtter
10-13-2004, 04:28 AM
Nooga?? is that anything like Memfrica? :D :D :D
I can't believe you pulled that one out. No!!!! Nothing like that. Memphis isn't really even part of TN. Surely you've heard that. :D

NashvilleBound
10-13-2004, 04:29 AM
LMAO...now that you mention it I think I have.... ;)

RiverOtter
10-13-2004, 04:30 AM
LMAO...now that you mention it I think I have.... ;)
You better get on the road or you'll be in some of that every growing Nashvegas traffic :D

NashvilleBound
10-13-2004, 04:44 AM
Hey slim...I'm technically retired. No traffic or commuting for me.

throwerb
10-13-2004, 07:01 AM
Good reasons... gotta do what ya gotta do... I'd (we'd) love to have some land to build a house on... it is damn near impossible for so many people to buy a house in CA anymore... we are one of the lucky ones but I worry about friends and others who just can't make it happen.
Good luck Krazy K!
Hey Mrs. C since we got back to town 3 days ago EVERY friend and family member we have has either called or come by our house wanting to see pics and here how we liked TN, and I can assure you that my mom and sister who swore they would never leave CA are going to follow us, and as for the rest of them I'm sure it won't be long because like the friends you talked about most of my friends are not as fortunate as I have been and don't own their own home. A kid that use to work for me that I have become good friends with pays $1200 a month for a crappy 2 bedroom apt here in town in the worst area you can imagine. I told him yesterday he could buy a 3 bedroom starter where we are looking for around 110k and pay about $700 a month for it. You should have seen the lights go on for him :idea: , it was pretty funny. He started thinking out loud, I could transfer there (he's a manager for starbucks) the wife could work part time and have more time with th kids,etc, etc. Think he will go? Somebody has to be the first in every group, I'm just glad that NB shared with all of us how happy he and his family are. The pics of him and his family on the lake didn't hurt either :D

NashvilleBound
10-13-2004, 07:08 AM
with that post I have to say "It has begun". :jawdrop:
Whats up there big guy? Stacy callled on the house in our subdivision. We'll get those pictures to you asap.

Mrs. casean
10-13-2004, 07:11 AM
Hey Mrs. C since we got back to town 3 days ago EVERY friend and family member we have has either called or come by our house wanting to see pics and here how we liked TN, and I can assure you that my mom and sister who swore they would never leave CA are going to follow us, and as for the rest of them I'm sure it won't be long because like the friends you talked about most of my friends are not as fortunate as I have been and don't own their own home. A kid that use to work for me that I have become good friends with pays $1200 a month for a crappy 2 bedroom apt here in town in the worst area you can imagine. I told him yesterday he could buy a 3 bedroom starter where we are looking for around 110k and pay about $700 a month for it. You should have seen the lights go on for him :idea: , it was pretty funny. He started thinking out loud, I could transfer there (he's a manager for starbucks) the wife could work part time and have more time with th kids,etc, etc. Think he will go? Somebody has to be the first in every group, I'm just glad that NB shared with all of us how happy he and his family are. The pics of him and his family on the lake didn't hurt either :D
If I were him... I wouldn't think twice! Sounds like he could have a great change moving out there... My inlaws moved near us right after we moved... didnt' take them long to get out of escondido... you are right though,,, there is always one person that makes the first move... With the houses so damn expensive here in Ca, it's no wonder why people are moving away... not to mention other factors already mentioned...

CMABadseed
10-13-2004, 07:59 AM
question for you guys from tenn. i was looking at a couple places back there in April and they were a great buy and still seem to be. what can you guys tell me about 'Watts Bar Lake' and 'Center Hill Lake'. or any areas specifically NOT to look into.
thanks! :)

jbtrailerjim
10-13-2004, 08:36 AM
After looking at those pictures of homes there, you guy's sure are tempting me. Those sure are some beautiful homes. I'm so tired of California, all the traffic, the high home prices, and it's just too damn crowded here.

HavasuDreamin'
10-13-2004, 08:52 AM
For cryin' out loud........keep TN on the down low everybody. :squiggle: The wife and I have been eyeing property on Dale Hollow for a while now. I think within the next 12-24 months we may buy some land to build a vacation home on with the idea of retiring in that home. Wife always wanted a log home which is cool with me as long as I can build a 20' by 40' log barn for all the toys. :rollside:

NashvilleBound
10-13-2004, 08:53 AM
question for you guys from tenn. i was looking at a couple places back there in April and they were a great buy and still seem to be. what can you guys tell me about 'Watts Bar Lake' and 'Center Hill Lake'. or any areas specifically NOT to look into.
The "Lake" of choice is Center Hill Lake. 650 miles of pristine shoreline. Coves go for miles and I can ski all day long without ever crossing another wake. If you were to live anywhere in that area and West of there you would be fine. Send me an e mail if you want more info on surrounding areas and include your needs and a little bit about you so I can help you get into the right area. ie..will you be commuting to Nashville everyday or are you out on the water like me 4 days a week? :cool: I have never heard of Watts Bar. Let me know what you need and I'll be happy to send you something.
NB

NashvilleBound
10-13-2004, 08:56 AM
For cryin' out loud........keep TN on the down low everybody. :squiggle: The wife and I have been eyeing property on Dale Hollow for a while now. I think within the next 12-24 months we may buy some land to build a vacation home on with the idea of retiring in that home. Wife always wanted a log home which is cool with me as long as I can build a 20' by 40' log barn for all the toys. :rollside:
Thats funny. I am building that exact size toy holder now. Reinforced concrete walls and the like so it does not stand a chance of getting damaged. Figure I put the toys in it and my family and if we get a bad storm and the house blows away at least the important stuff is ok. I think Dale Hollow is probably the nicest lake around if it were not so far out.

HavasuDreamin'
10-13-2004, 09:04 AM
Yeah........I guess it is about an hour maybe a little more to Nashville. Tell me a little more about Center Hill Lake. Is that where you are located? I guess it is closer to Nashville. I am not that far away, perhaps next summer we can hook up on one of TN's beautiful lakes.
HD :boxed:

NashvilleBound
10-13-2004, 09:13 AM
Dale Hollow is about an hour and a half from Nashville due East/NE Center Hill Lake is about 40 minutes from Nashville East/SE We are located in Murfreesboro(where else would that be but in TN eh?) which is 42 minutes from Center Hill eastbound. 42 minutes towing at 75mph just to be clear.
As far as hooking up...anytime. We are on Center Hill 3-4 days a week during summer but will sneak up to Percy Priest's party cove, which makes Copper Canyon in AZ look like childs play, or even to Dale Hollow just to break things up a bit. If you are a boater TN is paradise.....shoot, even if your not it is. I hope these links help.....
www.tennesseelakeinfo.com
www.centerhillmarina.com
http://www.orn.usace.army.mil/op/cen/rec/

throwerb
10-13-2004, 09:29 AM
Dale Hollow is about an hour and a half from Nashville due East/NE Center Hill Lake is about 40 minutes from Nashville East/SE We are located in Murfreesboro(where else would that be but in TN eh?) which is 42 minutes from Center Hill eastbound. 42 minutes towing at 75mph just to be clear.
As far as hooking up...anytime. We are on Center Hill 3-4 days a week during summer but will sneak up to Percy Priest's party cove, which makes Copper Canyon in AZ look like childs play, or even to Dale Hollow just to break things up a bit. If you are a boater TN is paradise.....shoot, even if your not it is. I hope these links help.....
www.tennesseelakeinfo.com
www.centerhillmarina.com
http://www.orn.usace.army.mil/op/cen/rec/
:D :D :D :D :D :D

RiverOtter
10-13-2004, 11:33 AM
I don't know much about the Nashville area lakes. I do my boating on the TN River. Watts Bar is one of the reserviors between Chattanooga and Knoxville. Very big and pretty lake. Here are some pics
Watts Bar Locke
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/6801P8070036-med.JPG
Watts Bar Lake on a Saturday!!!
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/6801P8070033-med.JPG
I can post more pics of the lake after I'm home. Look into Spring City for Watts Bar lake homes. You should be able to find a real nice house on the lake for $350,000 and a really really nice house for $500,000. Watts Bar is about half way between Chattanooga and Knoxville. So you could work in either place. Or be like Nashville Bound and "retire"
One more thing about the lakes on the TN River. You can hop in your boat and drive it to the Gulf of Mexico and then the world is your oyster!! :cool:

NashvilleBound
10-13-2004, 11:59 AM
I used the TN lake link that I just found tody and poosted to see about Watts. Look at that ROUGH TN water.....whewwwww Wouldn't want to get out in that. ;)

RiverOtter
10-13-2004, 12:09 PM
I used the TN lake link that I just found tody and poosted to see about Watts. Look at that ROUGH TN water.....whewwwww Wouldn't want to get out in that. ;)
LMAO!!! It can get a bit rougher than that :wink:

RiverOtter
10-13-2004, 12:13 PM
Hey NB!! Here's some more rough stuff :D
This is the north end of Chickamauga Lake on a Saturday!!
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/6801P8070023-med.JPG
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/6801P8070009-med.JPG

NashvilleBound
10-13-2004, 12:18 PM
LOL....for a minute there I actually thought I saw another boat in the picture....but it was just the white house in the background.

Starloans
10-13-2004, 12:43 PM
Nashville, please stop stealing our people from Kali. We need them to pay taxes here!!!! :cry: Don't tell them how nice it is there with all the bugs, humidity, cottonmouths, subsurface stumps, Walmarts, 3 month boating season and fried food. :eek: :D
You know you miss Escondido. I'll send you a big greasy Alberto's burrito if you'll stop stealing our tax payers. :rollside: Besides, that green water in your picture looks worse than the water in the channel!!!!
I couldn't go back there with all those red brick homes. I would miss my stucco! :D

Krazy K
10-13-2004, 12:55 PM
Hey NB,
I'm looking at Knoxville but Nashville area is an idea. How far is it to Clarksville. See, I'd teach elem. school in Clarksville but be close enough to Nashville to do video production. What's Kentucky Lake like??

RiverOtter
10-13-2004, 12:57 PM
Nashville, please stop stealing our people from Kali. We need them to pay taxes here!!!! :cry: Don't tell them how nice it is there with all the bugs, humidity, cottonmouths, subsurface stumps, Walmarts, 3 month boating season and fried food. :eek: :D
You know you miss Escondido. I'll send you a big greasy Alberto's burrito if you'll stop stealing our tax payers. :rollside: Besides, that green water in your picture looks worse than the water in the channel!!!!
I couldn't go back there with all those red brick homes. I would miss my stucco! :D
3 month boating season :confused: ??? What the hell are you talking about. I'll give you the bugs and humidity (especially the humidity :D ) but we boat for 6 - 7 mos out of the year. Oh yeah, and the crack about Wallmart. I read they control 65% of the grocery market in CA. But we sure do have a hell of alot of em her :frown: I personally will not buy from them.

throwerb
10-13-2004, 01:00 PM
:jawdrop: There's fried food there!

RiverOtter
10-13-2004, 01:02 PM
:jawdrop: There's fried food there!
Maybe NB took y'all to the nice places to eat but hell yeah we gots fried food :eat:

572Daytona
10-13-2004, 01:05 PM
Very few mosquitoes around here at all and the humidity was worse when I lived in Illinois and I leave my boats in year round. The bluish green color of the water is due to the light reflecting from the sand/clay bottom and not algae blooms like you get in CA. And the stumps are marked and stay in one place unlike shifting sand bars.
Stucco? Plenty of stucco houses in the South East, they just require more maintenance, i.e. frequent painting, so a lot of people prefer the brick. Here are some Stucco lake house for sale on Lanier:
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=6561&stc=1
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=6562&stc=1
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=6563&stc=1

RiverOtter
10-13-2004, 01:09 PM
Very few mosquitoes around here at all and the humidity was worse when I lived in Illinois and I leave my boats in year round. The bluish green color of the water is due to the light reflecting from the sand/clay bottom and not algae blooms like you get in CA. And the stumps are marked and stay in one place unlike shifting sand bars.
Stucco? Plenty of stucco houses in the South East, they just require more maintenance, i.e. frequent painting, so a lot of people prefer the brick. Here are some Stucco lake house for sale on Lanier:
Wonder what that house would cost in CA$

572Daytona
10-13-2004, 01:18 PM
It would be tough to find anything comparable in CA, most of the West Coast lake properties that I've seen are on very narrow lots with lots of neighbors close by. My sister lives in Menlo Park in a 40 year old ranch (not on a lake) and she paid more than twice what I paid for my almost new lake house, and I have at least 4 times the square footage.

throwerb
10-13-2004, 01:19 PM
Maybe NB took y'all to the nice places to eat but hell yeah we gots fried food :eat:
Logan's Road House, Chicken Fried Chicken, Yeast rolls and fries :D

throwerb
10-13-2004, 01:30 PM
How much is that house?
How much is that house?

RiverOtter
10-13-2004, 01:43 PM
Logan's Road House, Chicken Fried Chicken, Yeast rolls and fries :D
That's what I'm talkin about :D

throwerb
10-13-2004, 02:00 PM
That's what I'm talkin about :D
Wife had the pork chops,one daughter had the ribs the other Fried Catfish, good thing they don't eat much cause I treated the whole table like a sampler platter. :)

RiverOtter
10-13-2004, 02:04 PM
Wife had the pork chops,one daughter had the ribs the other Fried Catfish, good thing they don't eat much cause I treated the whole table like a sampler platter. :)
Nashville is loaded with great restaurants. Locals and chains. The Ruth's Cris down by Vandy is to die for!!!!!!!! (just imagine a druellin smilie :D )

cstraub
10-13-2004, 02:11 PM
and don't forget Shine, Blackberry, Blueberry, Banana. . . .nothing like "Fruit From a Mason Jar". I hear it is about $10qt. ;)

Krazy K
10-13-2004, 02:12 PM
Ya'll got Lamb Fries out there??
Most folks just don't have the taste for testicles no more!!
(Funny Farm starring Chevy Chase)
How predictable is the rain during the summer there? Is it so bad that you can't plan things way in advance?

NashvilleBound
10-13-2004, 02:13 PM
Starloans: The green tint in the water is all the reflection from all the green jungle nearby. I have yet to have one mosquito on me at the lake. At some of the cites is another thing. Taxes...I just got my bill and it was $1600 for the year....on a new $300k home. Humidity is FAR less than people imagine...a fraction of somewhere like Texas and such. Fried foods....oh ya. Just kill me now. I am dying for a Carne Asada burrito and some Pollo Loco. I didnt want to scare Brad and his family off with ALL the good food in ONE trip. We were short on time anyways and I am sure we'll have the opportunity to visit some of the local places when he comes back...and the lake.

NashvilleBound
10-13-2004, 02:15 PM
Ya'll got Lamb Fries out there??
Most folks just don't have the taste for testicles no more!!
(Funny Farm starring Chevy Chase)
How predictable is the rain during the summer there? Is it so bad that you can't plan things way in advance?
Rain forecast is iffy at times. On a regular basis you can plan things a few days in advance....it's just in the very middle of summer when the afternoon showers might pop up. We have 6-8 weeks in the spring and fall that are the best weather in the country.

Krazy K
10-13-2004, 02:16 PM
You guys don't have mexican food out there? Might have to kidnap a mexican restaurant owner and bring him with me!!

NashvilleBound
10-13-2004, 02:19 PM
You guys don't have mexican food out there? Might have to kidnap a mexican restaurant owner and bring him with me!!
If in all my spare time I can find a mexican that knows how to cook I am going to open one. Theres plenty of mexican resturants here...just not west coast mexican...close but its just not the same.

Krazy K
10-13-2004, 02:21 PM
Rain forecast is iffy at times. On a regular basis you can plan things a few days in advance....it's just in the very middle of summer when the afternoon showers might pop up. We have 6-8 weeks in the spring and fall that are the best weather in the country.
I'm originally from Cali but have been here for 6 years and plan on moving to TN (or Canada, depending what this country is like at that time) in about 4 years. I'm thinking right now of moving to Las Vegas to be closer to family and longer boat season. Up here we get rain pretty constant from Dec. through about June. We have about 3 months of boating weather but the water is butt ass cold year round. What's the Largemouth Bass fishing like there?

throwerb
10-13-2004, 02:22 PM
If in all my spare time I can find a mexican that knows how to cook I am going to open one. Theres plenty of mexican resturants here...just not west coast mexican...close but its just not the same.
:idea: :idea: :idea:

NashvilleBound
10-13-2004, 02:23 PM
3-5 lbs everytime. You can get your limit in just a few hours. Fish tacos...
now I'm in trouble....

NashvilleBound
10-13-2004, 02:24 PM
:idea: :idea: :idea:
I hear you loud and clear....it could TOTALY be a reality!

Krazy K
10-13-2004, 02:28 PM
I haven't fished in so long my lures have grown gray beards!! 3-5 lbs.??? :cry: :cry: :cry:

throwerb
10-13-2004, 02:29 PM
I'm originally from Cali but have been here for 6 years and plan on moving to TN (or Canada, depending what this country is like at that time) in about 4 years. I'm thinking right now of moving to Las Vegas to be closer to family and longer boat season. Up here we get rain pretty constant from Dec. through about June. We have about 3 months of boating weather but the water is butt ass cold year round. What's the Largemouth Bass fishing like there?
http://www.baseportal.com/cgi-bin/baseportal.pl?htx=/nivbkq/Bass+Fishing+Log&State~=TENNESSEE

NashvilleBound
10-13-2004, 02:35 PM
Did you see the temps of the water in summer? Pretty nice....

Krazy K
10-13-2004, 02:38 PM
Damn....I don't think the river by Parker gets that warm!!!!

Starloans
10-13-2004, 02:49 PM
3 month boating season :confused: ??? What the hell are you talking about. I'll give you the bugs and humidity (especially the humidity :D ) but we boat for 6 - 7 mos out of the year. Oh yeah, and the crack about Wallmart. I read they control 65% of the grocery market in CA. But we sure do have a hell of alot of em her :frown: I personally will not buy from them.
Sorry RiverUdder. Didn't mean to hit a nerve there. I didn't say anything was wrong with walmart???????? :confused: Or bugs or cottonmouths. Disclosure: I was born and raised in NC until I was 20.
Didn't say anything was wrong with Nashvillebound. He just gets lost in the fog every now and then. :D
Just ribbing ya Nashville. I know it's a great place there. Hope you and family are enjoying. When you visit the left coast let me know. We'll take my beater boat for a spin, no matter what time of year it is. ;) Remember....VC misses you. :)

Starloans
10-13-2004, 02:55 PM
Starloans: The green tint in the water is all the reflection from all the green jungle nearby. I have yet to have one mosquito on me at the lake. At some of the cites is another thing. Taxes...I just got my bill and it was $1600 for the year....on a new $300k home. Humidity is FAR less than people imagine...a fraction of somewhere like Texas and such. Fried foods....oh ya. Just kill me now. I am dying for a Carne Asada burrito and some Pollo Loco. I didnt want to scare Brad and his family off with ALL the good food in ONE trip. We were short on time anyways and I am sure we'll have the opportunity to visit some of the local places when he comes back...and the lake.
I know the water is pretty clear there. Just pushing your buttons. :D
Next time I go east I'm gonna stop in and see ya. So what the hell kinda boat you gonna buy next?? And when???

572Daytona
10-13-2004, 03:01 PM
How much is that house?
Those houses are all over a million. 1,575,000, 1,350,000 and 1,299,000. Some of the higher priced homes on the lake. You can get something pretty nice in the 500K-700K on the lake. The property values have been going up pretty fast here as of late, the lake property has pretty much doubled in price since we move here about 10 years ago.

RiverOtter
10-13-2004, 03:19 PM
Sorry RiverUdder. Didn't mean to hit a nerve there. I didn't say anything was wrong with walmart???????? :confused: Or bugs or cottonmouths. Disclosure: I was born and raised in NC until I was 20.
Didn't say anything was wrong with Nashvillebound. He just gets lost in the fog every now and then. :D
Just ribbing ya Nashville. I know it's a great place there. Hope you and family are enjoying. When you visit the left coast let me know. We'll take my beater boat for a spin, no matter what time of year it is. ;) Remember....VC misses you. :)
I'm still not shoppin at Walmart!!! Can't stand that place!! I've never seen a cottonmouth (maybe a rattle headed copper moccasan :D ) No nerv hit here :p just havin some fun :D

throwerb
10-13-2004, 03:53 PM
I've never seen a cottonmouth (maybe a rattle headed copper moccasan :D ) No nerv hit here :p just havin some fun :D
How do they taste fried? :D

RiverOtter
10-13-2004, 03:59 PM
How do they taste fried? :D
Like Chicken :D :eat:

Starloans
10-13-2004, 04:09 PM
I'm still not shoppin at Walmart!!! Can't stand that place!! I've never seen a cottonmouth (maybe a rattle headed copper moccasan :D ) No nerv hit here :p just havin some fun :D
LOL
I never been to walmat and DIDN'T buy anything. :D
I figure they want to rule the retail world......fine. I don't think they are rippin people off. They certianly don't pay much but hard to beat their prices.
Hey you going to watch the debates tonight????????????
Are you TN people Dems or Reps????

NashvilleBound
10-13-2004, 04:13 PM
I know the water is pretty clear there. Just pushing your buttons. :D
Next time I go east I'm gonna stop in and see ya. So what the hell kinda boat you gonna buy next?? And when???
Well, Publicly I have not made up my mind yet....I still need to unload the training sled. I think the 1st choice will be the E-Ticket with twin 525's. It all depends on if Cobra will pull their head out and stand behind what they quoted at the show last year when it was ALL talk. I know your just pushig buttons...thats what these boards are for aren't they?? If you ever get close let me know and we'll go for a spin. We'll be in San Diego just before Christmas. I am sure they'll be a little get together.....I'm sure. ;) ;) :supp: Debate tonight...like watching paint dry...besides I cant vote so what do I care.

RiverOtter
10-13-2004, 04:15 PM
LOL
I never been to walmat and DIDN'T buy anything. :D
I figure they want to rule the retail world......fine. I don't think they are rippin people off. They certianly don't pay much but hard to beat their prices.
Hey you going to watch the debates tonight????????????
Are you TN people Dems or Reps????
GOP! We didn't even vote for our "Favorite Son" Algore 4 years ago. Couldn't even carry his own state. If you remember during his "I lost" speach he said he had to go back to the farm (Carthage,TN) and "mend fences". Once that creep hit national politics he blew TN off big time and it bit him. No offence if you're a Dem. Nope, not gonna watch the debate. Can't stand to watch.

Starloans
10-13-2004, 04:30 PM
GOP! We didn't even vote for our "Favorite Son" Algore 4 years ago. Couldn't even carry his own state. If you remember during his "I lost" speach he said he had to go back to the farm (Carthage,TN) and "mend fences". Once that creep hit national politics he blew TN off big time and it bit him. No offence if you're a Dem. Nope, not gonna watch the debate. Can't stand to watch.
RO, what exactly do you LIKE to do????????? LOL :D
You can't stand walmat, you can't stand politics.... what else is left????? :rollside:

RiverOtter
10-13-2004, 04:33 PM
RO, what exactly do you LIKE to do????????? LOL :D
You can't stand walmat, you can't stand politics.... what else is left????? :rollside:
Good point! Ok... let's see...
Boat, waterski, wakeboard, swim, float, mountain bike, hike, go to the beach, I had lots of fun coaching my 6 yr old's baseball team, travel, drive, I've got more but Mrs Otter is asking me to help put the kids to bed ...

NashvilleBound
10-13-2004, 04:36 PM
RO: I didnt even know you were a family guy. For some reason I figured you as a young middle 20's type. So spit it out....give us some sort of a profile...

Starloans
10-13-2004, 04:37 PM
Well, Publicly I have not made up my mind yet....I still need to unload the training sled. I think the 1st choice will be the E-Ticket with twin 525's. It all depends on if Cobra will pull their head out and stand behind what they quoted at the show last year when it was ALL talk. I know your just pushig buttons...thats what these boards are for aren't they?? If you ever get close let me know and we'll go for a spin. We'll be in San Diego just before Christmas. I am sure they'll be a little get together.....I'm sure. ;) ;) :supp: Debate tonight...like watching paint dry...besides I cant vote so what do I care.
Why you worried about a quote. You got all that money..........just step up and order something damit. If you order now you will have it built by spring. Just get a dam F29 from Dave and quit being a cheap bastard!!!!!!!! :hammer2:
Cobra????????
You should bring that Ultra back to Kali the first of the year and someone will snap it up. You can store it at my house. Just leave the key. I need a boat for SD and one for Havi anyways. But I'm not buying it off ya. I don't have your kind of money. Do those TN peeps know what an Ultra is?
Are you looking at a cat or V?
Are you pumping mud out there or what??

NashvilleBound
10-13-2004, 04:40 PM
No, the pumping is still going in CA. I will get one of the newer Sport Decks out. Your not familiar with E-Ticket? 29ft Luxury Cat? twin 525's?? Its pretty nice. Only thing is he wont budge on the price.... dont get me started on who has how much moola...you know your king. Mortgage brokers=legalized robbery:) I put the sled into all the boat traders in CA-NV-AZ. All comes out this Thursday...I think. Shoot $63,900 it should sell.

RiverOtter
10-13-2004, 04:55 PM
RO: I didnt even know you were a family guy. For some reason I figured you as a young middle 20's type. So spit it out....give us some sort of a profile...
Well Mrs Otter says I act like a 20 something sometimes. Nope late 30's family guy. :squiggle:

throwerb
10-13-2004, 06:37 PM
Hey NB, any boat storage places up by Center Hill Lake so you don't have to tow?

Mrs. casean
10-13-2004, 07:47 PM
Am I happy??? You have to be kidding, right? I never, ever, think of CA until someone mentions it to me. The ONLY thing I miss is all of our family(my wifes watching me) and our friends...including all the peeps on the forums. Ok, and the Mexican food. The gatherings out here in TN are not quite the same as every weekend in CA. Tho, I am working on it...ie. Brad and his family. The way I put it in a nutshell is...In CA, you live to work, out here in TN, you work to live. My home in CA took right at $8000 a month just for a roof and utilities. I was working 7 days a week just to keep up. My homes are now paid for in TN. Out here my last months electrical bill was $110 and my gas was $7. My car tags are $65 regardless what it is. No state tax.....Best of all I am now having a life with my family. I go to all the practices and games. We are always together. I would not trade that for anything.
Send me your e mail address and I will send you some pictures of the area if your interested......all my attachments are too big for the forums.
I can see why you are happier there! That is the quality of life... work to live... not live to work... and be there for your kids and family...

NashvilleBound
10-14-2004, 03:31 AM
Hey NB, any boat storage places up by Center Hill Lake so you don't have to tow?
You can put it in the marina...which the crime is ZERO. Or there are several storage places just for boaters at almost any point along the lake depending on where your coming in from.

NashvilleBound
10-14-2004, 03:35 AM
I can see why you are happier there! That is the quality of life... work to live... not live to work... and be there for your kids and family...
To be honest I got totally caught up in the mo money lifestyle and it finally came to a peak about 3 years ago with some real drama(included two years in Federal Court..no it was not drugs!). It made me open my eyes and see we only live once and its just not worth it. My list "Now" goes like this...Faith, Family and Friends....from there its all a bonus.

RiverOtter
10-14-2004, 04:18 AM
To be honest I got totally caught up in the mo money lifestyle and it finally came to a peak about 3 years ago with some real drama. It made me open my eyes and see we only live once and its just not worth it. My list "Now" goes like this...Faith, Family and Friends....from there its all a bonus.
Good advise NB :wink:

throwerb
10-14-2004, 06:04 AM
Good advise NB :wink:
What he said :D

Mrs. casean
10-14-2004, 01:50 PM
To be honest I got totally caught up in the mo money lifestyle and it finally came to a peak about 3 years ago with some real drama(included two years in Federal Court..no it was not drugs!). It made me open my eyes and see we only live once and its just not worth it. My list "Now" goes like this...Faith, Family and Friends....from there its all a bonus.
Nashvillebound... that is so great to hear... most people don't do that... and get sooo caught up in making money instead of their family...