PDA

View Full Version : hydroflyte

konajet
10-12-2004, 03:57 PM
does anybidy have any info the hydroflyte style of boats?

Kindsvater Flat
10-12-2004, 04:21 PM
There is a guy on www.v-driveboats.com that has one.

konajet
10-12-2004, 04:28 PM
are there many around? who makes them?

Kindsvater Flat
10-12-2004, 05:06 PM
I think I have heard of 3. His is nice. FE ford powered. Its the yellow with the wood deck. Girl on the bow. There are pics of it on the other website. I think Moneypit has one also.
http://www.schoutenranch.com/cfwfd04/images/2004_0619Image0064.jpg

GofastRacer
10-12-2004, 05:49 PM
That wooddecker is bitchin, Monneypit has one and he can probably give you details on them!..

Moneypitt
10-12-2004, 08:45 PM
Yes, I have one, an original hydroflite. Well it was, I'm curently trying to re do it without destroying it's original intent. Hi flite over @ v-drive also has one and I responded to one of Hud, the "mushroom king's", posts regarding another. I think I can count the ones I've heard of here on the boards on one hand, 5 maybe. They are very rare, although Hallet made a "ski hydro" around the samre time Ron Eddy was making the Hydroflites down in Santa Anna, Ca. The person that gave me the most info about these old boats was Steve McElroy, he worked for Aero Marine who made the V drives, and actually sold them to Eddy at the time he was making these boats. McElroy still has some parts/pieces for the Aero v drives, he is in Orange County, Huntington Bh, I think. Bergeron Marine over in Mesa, also has some v drive stuff, and is quite informative. I ran the piss out of mine, 455 olds, w/ 12% gears, GPS'd at 78.5 MPH using Art's borrowed GPS at Red Rock in 03'. The others I've heard of had the FE (427)fords in them, I wish mine did, but this old Olds just keeps running hard, and it's so different, the only OLDS powered boat at RR that year, and I can proudly say it held it's own..........MP