View Full Version : Check out my winter project

esabataj
10-13-2004, 05:45 AM
Just bought this TX-19 and I'm picking her up on Sat. :D Anyone out there have any experiance with these hulls? I know they are fast hulls and I'm just looking for input on anything Pro or con that I need to be aware of.
Set up is for BBF and I'm going to throw a mild 460 in to get used to her, while I'm building the Big motor for later in the year. Running a berk w/aggresser B cut, Droop, and jetivator.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/2020new_boat1.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/2020new_boat_2.jpg
Thanks in advance for any input you guys can give me.

dtr352
10-13-2004, 11:08 AM
Looks good man. Congradulations. If only my winter project started out looking that nice.

esabataj
10-13-2004, 12:33 PM
Ok guys!! I know somebody out there is running one of these. Need some input on set up to give me a starting point.

Jake W
10-13-2004, 12:49 PM
Hears some questions for you.Is it a true Youngblood?If so it is probely lighter than other 19 gullwings brands.
19 Gullwings are good and fast lake boats.I do not have a 19 but do have a 18 Earl smith gullwing that I am redoing but have not been able to use it yet.I have been around a few they were True Youngbloods and lighter than say a Condor TX 19 or a JBX TX 19.It should be a bitchen boat though.
Most guys on hear will have a Califorina Preformance 19 gullwing.These are the same thing made by Bill Scotten he used the Youngblood mold to make the molds for his CP 19s.
I would say you are pretty much on track with the motor and pump combo.Does it have a ride plate and shoe?Droop?
Jake

esabataj
10-13-2004, 01:00 PM
Hears some questions for you.Is it a true Youngblood?If so it is probely lighter than other 19 gullwings brands.
19 Gullwings are good and fast lake boats.I do not have a 19 but do have a 18 Earl smith gullwing that I am redoing but have not been able to use it yet.I have been around a few they were True Youngbloods and lighter than say a Condor TX 19 or a JBX TX 19.It should be a bitchen boat though.
Most guys on hear will have a Califorina Preformance 19 gullwing.These are the same thing made by Bill Scotten he used the Youngblood mold to make the molds for his CP 19s.
I would say you are pretty much on track with the motor and pump combo.Does it have a ride plate and shoe?Droop?
Jake
It's a JBX TX-19
No ride plate or shoe but does have droop
I'm working on gathering up the parts for a 557 cid stroker motor. but like I said will start with a warmed over .040 over 460 with cam and Performer rpm intake w/850 double pumper. I've already got it laying around and figured I'd drop it in and shake the boat out.
What's your view on the rideplate and shoe requirments?

dtr352
10-13-2004, 01:01 PM
The first thing I would do setup wise is put some air in that trailer tire. After that I can't help ya.

esabataj
10-13-2004, 01:05 PM
The first thing I would do setup wise is put some air in that trailer tire. After that I can't help ya.
I noticed that too. :yuk:
Will have a couple of spares with me when I go pick her up :D

Jake W
10-13-2004, 01:19 PM
Like I said I have a 18 gullwing made by Earl Smith it is more or less a shortened and skinner version of what you have.I have a Berkeley G intake machined by MPD with a back cut shoe set in at the keel line or close to 4 deg and will be running a B+ SS berk imp and dps inducer worked by MPD berk droop and FTN place diverter and loader grate from MPD.I am allso going to run a 460 stock compression with a com cam 429 timing chain and gears Victor man,ect so not much Hp.but will be running a shot of N20 for a bost.
If your boat is a JBX it was made by Jimmy J and they called them Predator.
How far is the back of the intake (from the bottom)from the back of the boat.
If you are going to run big HP I would get the intake machined for a ride plate and shoe.
What kind of grate does it have.
you have 2 choices you can go from the set up you have now or you can take out the intake have it machined and set it back ect.
Jake

esabataj
10-13-2004, 01:32 PM
Like I said I have a 18 gullwing made by Earl Smith it is more or less a shortened and skinner version of what you have.I have a Berkeley G intake machined by MPD with a back cut shoe set in at the keel line or close to 4 deg and will be running a B+ SS berk imp and dps inducer worked by MPD berk droop and FTN place diverter and loader grate from MPD.I am allso going to run a 460 stock compression with a com cam 429 timing chain and gears Victor man,ect so not much Hp.but will be running a shot of N20 for a bost.
If your boat is a JBX it was made by Jimmy J and they called them Predator.
How far is the back of the intake (from the bottom)from the back of the boat.
If you are going to run big HP I would get the intake machined for a ride plate and shoe.
What kind of grate does it have.
you have 2 choices you can go from the set up you have now or you can take out the intake have it machined and set it back ect.
Jake
Jake,
I haven't got the boat home yet but I will get you that info this weekend. I appreciate the help. I know that there is so much expetise hear on the boards and I hope to take advantage of everyones knowlege so I don't waste alot of funds and time doing things that you guys have already tried.

Jake W
10-13-2004, 01:41 PM
Caution I am not an expert.
Their are however alot of guys with this type of boat that get on hear alot of them runing 100 give or take a few.
But you can't go wrong with a set back and machined intake.In a fast boat the set up is as important as the motor.They need to work togeather.
Jake

GatorNutz
10-13-2004, 03:58 PM
The first thing i would do is fix the right side of the hull. Second, i would ditch the BBF motor mounts and set it up for a BBC. I have a 78 Youngblood that my father and i purchased for a winter project. We are almost ready for paint now. You made a good choice in hulls. my .02

Jake W
10-13-2004, 07:18 PM
Whats wrong with the right side of the hull?
Jake

djdtpr
10-13-2004, 08:06 PM
Congrats on the ride it looks nice.Before you spend alot of money on a motor spend it on setup and pump.Figure out what HP you will be running and then go from there and definatly do the set back on pump and a shoe and ride plate that will be the best money spent.There are guys running some hard running gullwings here talk with Wrightnow,Performance 19,GM killer and Budlight all those guys are running pretty hard and could point ya in the right direction.

esabataj
10-14-2004, 04:16 AM
Whats wrong with the right side of the hull?
Jake
It's got two small dings about the size of a quarter right where the right sponson joins the hull at the top. Looks like the previous owner bumped a dock or something with it. Very minor damage just into the jell and nothing major to fix. Minor fixes like this is why I called it a winter project. Other than that hull is very solid.

OkieDave
10-14-2004, 12:08 PM
I have a 18' gull-wing style with a mild 557 c.i. BBF. It is very quick up to around 90 mph and then begins to porpoise. I never try to go any faster because of the porpoise. Great ski boat, good 1,000 foot dragster. It has a Dominator pump with Aggressor AA impellor. hull wieght is slightly under 400 lbs. excellent boat. for sale also.

Jake W
10-14-2004, 12:40 PM
Okiedave you still have that pic of it, its the one with the top I have never seen befor,if so through it up if you could.
Jake

OkieDave
10-14-2004, 01:39 PM
Jake, I still haven't learned how to post pics. I can attach to an e-mail from my regular e-mail but not thru the pm here. pm me your regular e-mail and I'll send what pics I can dig up. I also don't have a camera.

Jake W
10-14-2004, 02:19 PM
Is this it Okiedavehttp://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/2006okies2.jpg
Jake

OkieDave
10-15-2004, 05:11 AM
what, a red x ?

Jake W
10-15-2004, 05:17 AM
Dave it shows up for me.
Jake

OkieDave
10-15-2004, 06:24 AM
I don't know why but more often than not, all I get is red x's when everyone else is taliking about the cool pics someone posted. I've tried right clicking and clicking "show picture", doesn't make any difference.

sdba069
10-16-2004, 05:44 PM
Hey Richard......... We'll make it fly, no problem...........

steelcomp
10-16-2004, 06:45 PM
The first thing i would do is fix the right side of the hull. Second, i would ditch the BBF motor mounts and set it up for a BBC. I have a 78 Youngblood that my father and i purchased for a winter project. We are almost ready for paint now. You made a good choice in hulls. my .02
Stick with the Ford...you'll be a lot happier, and have NO problem with HP.
Pound for pound, the Ford will deliver much more satisfaction.

Jeanyus
10-16-2004, 07:18 PM
Stick with the Ford...you'll be a lot happier, and have NO problem with HP.
Pound for pound, the Ford will deliver much more satisfaction.
:boxingguy :boxingguy :boxingguy