PDA

View Full Version : Anyone take the 10 to Quartsite

cdog
10-13-2004, 10:07 AM
Does anyone take this route. 10 to Quartsite to AZ 95 to Parker to Havasu? I like it better than Rice Rd. and less traffic. The road is also maintained better. Does it take longer when you consider the stop at vidal junction and all of the traffic? Is it longer in miles?

Tow Guy
10-13-2004, 10:09 AM
Ive been Told It's Approx 35 Miles Longer
Could Be Wrong Though

OGShocker
10-13-2004, 10:10 AM
We go through Erinburg. The first exit in AZ. You need to watch out for the Tribal Cops on that road, they love to write the tickets!!

Mrs. Bordsmnj
10-13-2004, 10:19 AM
We take that route sometimes. Seems like its at least 1/2 hour longer of a drive though. I prefer going thru Erinburg. But i have always wanted to stop at the funky shops/shacks in Quartsite and see what sort of treasures they are peddling.

Mandelon
10-13-2004, 10:23 AM
We go that way sometimes. I like the lighter traffic, the fact that no one turns out in front of you, or turns left and brakes in front of you, less bugs, wider road, and I've seen only one cop in several years of doing it.
You can go 80 without fear of the local CRIT police...I fuel up at the Shell station there at Quartzite. I think it is about 20 miles further, but at faster speed, and safer with less traffic.
We go different ways to keep the drive more interesting. :rollside:
We come up the 78 through Palo Verde and and don't spend much time on the 10. I think if you come out on the 10 from the IE, you are sick of it and are happy to turn off sooner. :cool:

Mandelon
10-13-2004, 10:23 AM
Try it on Map quest.....won't that tell you the miles?

cdog
10-13-2004, 10:42 AM
I've been going that way for a couple of years now and it seems to be a much more pleasent drive than rice rd. I've never tried Eckinberg, but I like that I can tow in AZ gonin 85 mph and not worry too much. Those indian cops sound pretty strict. We drove Rice rd. out there 3 weeks ago and it felt long and miserable. We came back on AZ 95 but did not time it. I'll time the drive from Desert center to parker goin down AZ 95 this weekend.

MATTRSMAN
10-13-2004, 11:14 AM
We go through Erinburg. The first exit in AZ. You need to watch out for the Tribal Cops on that road, they love to write the tickets!!
How much further is Erinburg than Desert Center?
BTW I believe I saw you out at CatTail Cove on 10/2.
I have an all white 36' Warlock, but I didnt have reverse on one motor and the other would not build fuel pressure so I had to jump in the water, turn the boat around and head out forward. I wanted to say hello.

racecar.hotshoe
10-13-2004, 11:48 AM
From Beaumont to Black Meadow Landing it is 27 miles longer to go 95 to quartsite.............

Filmwritin
10-13-2004, 08:22 PM
I drive Rice Road routinely, but I usually take Ehrenburg on busy traffic days. Last Monday, Columbus day, was busy on Rice and I diverted to Ehrenberg, but there was a wreck, so I took 95 to Quartsite. It was longer in distance by about 12 miles, but seemed just as fast. The speed on 95 is definitely better than crawling through the reservation farmlands at 55 and dodging tractors. Only draw back being it's less convenient to hit the Flying J gas for cheap AZ priced gas at the border than when you just come off Ehrenberg road.