PDA

View Full Version : WTC Scammers busted

Rexone
10-13-2004, 11:56 AM
Things like this really piss me off. I've been seeing these TV commercials on these bogus silver dollars for weeks now.
News story (http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=519&ncid=519&e=2&u=/ap/20041013/ap_on_re_us/attacks_coin)
Leading you to believe these are commerative silver dollars authorized as legal tender by the government using real silver recovered from ground zero. Pleeeeeeeeeze. Bastards like this should get their asses reamed hard imo. :burningm:
Basically profiteering on the emotions of people based on one of the worst tragadys the US has ever experienced in which almost 3000 people lost their lives.

racecar.hotshoe
10-13-2004, 12:05 PM
Anything to make a buck!.................... :devil:

Tom Brown
Wow. That's low. :(
I thought they were real. One of the ground zero decumentaries mentioned that during the search for survivors and bodies, there was a team searching to recover two things. One was a couple of tons of heroin that was being stored in an FBI facility and the other was many tons of commodities including silver and gold that was stored in a CIBC (Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce) facility. I assumed the coins were made from the CIBC silver.
If it turns out to be fraud, those guys should have their balls sawn off.

diggler
You know, I saw a shit-load of ads on TV for this. I was wondering what government it was that issued it (supposed government anyways). At first I thought it was some third-world country that had silver-plated a piece of plastic to pass it off. regardless, I certainly didn't want to buy one. This is a pisser that it's a ripoff based on emotion.