PDA

View Full Version : BEWARE:Bad business practice of David Plunkett Realty!

rvrkaosI
10-13-2004, 07:05 PM
Bad Business Practice of David Plunkett Realty :devil:
Rented a house over the past labor day weekend. We submitted our $500 dollar deposit as required by the contract stated in writing. (1) We never heard from David Plunkett Realty after sending the check (2) We had to call them after the fact we received a notice from the bank that the check was cashed (3) We were asked to call back and ask for Amber after many attempts due too she was to busy to call us back.
Over the weekend, we had our two vehicles in front of the driveway off loading 30+ bags of groceries; no warning, we were cited by the association for illegally parked! :confused: We were in front no more than 15 minutes :confused:
Ending the weekend and receiving our deposit back, David (owner) took out $75 extra for moving a mattress to accomadate my 3 year old son :frown: Nothing in the contract stated that moving a mattress was to be fined :confused: On top of that David (0wner) took out $50 for a citiation by the association. We called to explain, and Amber rudely said "do you expect the owner to pay for this?" She advised that the person who issues citations was called the "gustopo of moovalya keys" and that we would have to deal with the problem ourselves :squiggle:
I numerously called David (owner) to clear matters, but he avoided my calls, he associate said he would call back, but never did, and to this day has not returned any of my calls.
I have written the Moovalya keys association, but they have sent a generic letter (attached) that the homeowners should have notified us. We don't even know the owners :confused: David Plunkett realty has said they sent a statement to add on the contract, but never did, as we never received anything in the mail indicating there was a parking problem in front of the house :frown:
BAD BUSINESS PRACTICE OF DAVID PLUNKETT REALTY: Renters/ buyers BEWARE!!! Customer service is very poor, and I will NEVER do business after 5 years again!

rvrkaosI
10-13-2004, 07:11 PM
Here is the text of the letter that was sent, the generic letter puts the facts of the matter back on David Plunkett Realty, when in fact, David (owner) has said to take the matter up with the association :burningm: Sounds like a scam to me :angry2:
LAKE MOOVALYA KEYS,INC.
8670 Navajo Lane
Parker, AZ 85344
October 7, 2004
You recently protested the above citation. Your protest was discussed amongst the Protest Committee members at its recent meeting. The Committee consists of two Board members and two homeowners not on the Board of Directors. Also present at the Protest Committee meeting was our General Manager who issued the citation.
After thorough review of the particulars, including any witness accounts, and after review of your protest, the Committee made its recommendation to the Board of Directors that the citation be upheld. The Board of Directors, at its last meeting determined that the citation is valid.
It is the homeowner's responsibility to inform its tenants of the rules. There is also signage at the gate regarding parking restrictions. Our streets are narrow, and emergency vehicle access can only be attained when the area between the two white lines is completely open. If you still take issue with this matter, you should discuss it with the homeowner or property manager.
Board of Directors
LAKE MQOVALYA KEYS PROPERTY OWNERS ASSOC.

TCHB
10-13-2004, 07:22 PM
That is the kind of BS that should not happen.

uvindex
10-13-2004, 07:26 PM
Sorry to hear about your hassles. Here's my advice: forget about the Property Owners' Association -- their letter isn't generic, it addressed your specific concern and says that the citation will stick and tells you to take it up with the homeowner or property manager, which I think is correct advice on their part...
So, put your complaints IN WRITING to the property manager (using US Mail). If you know the property owner's name, cc him too, but that's optional. Keep copies and document when you sent what (plus keep detailed records of those calls you mentioned in your post). Quit calling them and letting them blow you off. If they ignore your letter, take them to Small Claims Court. Bring the contract that shows you weren't told about special parking restrictions, or charges for moving the mattress. It's easy, and kind of fun. Once they get served, I predict they will settle right away with you (be sure to ask for the filing fee as well as what they kept back from you) and make some changes in how they communicate with renters who are renting property covered by CC&R's.
Good luck!

TCHB
10-13-2004, 07:50 PM
You need to come back to Havasu and stay away from the Florida storms Cam!!!!!! The channel misses you two!

rvrkaosI
10-13-2004, 08:03 PM
Thanks for the advice,
I just emailed the David Plunkett Realty that the matters will escalate if they should continue to ignore my phone calls, and that association has upheld my request. I will keep this email for records, and I will take your advice about the phone calls made 2 weeks ago, everyday for 5 days, and the call made today that was ignored. I will also send them a letter with a copy of my contract too!
Question: Is their a website for small claims? Its $125 bucks, which is not much, but its the principle of the matter that is not right...
Sorry to hear about your hassles. Here's my advice: forget about the Property Owners' Association -- their letter isn't generic, it addressed your specific concern and says that the citation will stick and tells you to take it up with the homeowner or property manager, which I think is correct advice on their part...
So, put your complaints IN WRITING to the property manager (using US Mail). If you know the property owner's name, cc him too, but that's optional. Keep copies and document when you sent what (plus keep detailed records of those calls you mentioned in your post). Quit calling them and letting them blow you off. If they ignore your letter, take them to Small Claims Court. Bring the contract that shows you weren't told about special parking restrictions, or charges for moving the mattress. It's easy, and kind of fun. Once they get served, I predict they will settle right away with you (be sure to ask for the filing fee as well as what they kept back from you) and make some changes in how they communicate with renters who are renting property covered by CC&R's.
Good luck!

uvindex
10-13-2004, 08:15 PM
Question: Is their a website for small claims? Its $125 bucks, which is not much, but its the principle of the matter that is not right...Not sure. It is La Paz County AZ, but when you go to their site http://www.co.la-paz.az.us/courts.htm it says the courts part is "Coming soon" :( The two small case claims I filed (and won) were in Southern California, which won't help you. I'd call directory assistance for Parker AZ, then ask for the number for the Justice Courts, then call them during business hours. You're going to have to show up in person, of course, if it goes to court (and probably to file it too) but that just gives you an excuse to go to the river on a weekday. Good luck!

rvrkaosI
10-13-2004, 10:02 PM
Thanks for the help,
You are right, just another excuse to get to the river! :)

Tequila-John
10-14-2004, 04:58 AM
That sucks bud. Mr. Plunkett has always been very good to me. I have never rent anything through him but he was a selling agent for my friends condo. Did everything he said he would. Plus we have gone into his office for advise and other listings. Good luck bud....

rvrkaosI
10-15-2004, 10:13 PM
I have done business with David Plunkett realty for many years, but it's interesting this year he lost 95% of his renters, some may have sold but others have gone to RGR instead. In my opinion his business tactics have changed in the recent time, as I have yet to get a reply from a email that I sent David and Cc Amber :frown: I have called him many times, and he avoids my calls, by his associates saying he is busy with a client, or not in the office.
This is the poorest customer service I have ever seen! Just because we are weekend renters, doesn't mean whe shouln't get proper service. Afterall we are giving him $325 a night to use these houses, and on top of that giving him referrals!
Not right! :notam: