PDA

View Full Version : It's not my imagination, this place has changed...

MagicMtnDan
10-13-2004, 09:56 PM
for the worse.
Just looking at the subjects of the threads on the most current post page these past few weeks and the threads are way different than they used to be.
The Sandbar was THE place to go for boating and non-boating related fun stuff. Now it seems to me the non-boating stuff far outweighs the boating-related subjects and the BS quotient has gone through the roof.
Too many worried about post counts and rep points as far as I can tell. And the preoccupation with a milemarker on some SoCal freeway seems to have drained this place of its enthusiasm.
And this was all through boating season! Sad. Maybe the winter months will spice things up some. :(

Jordy
10-13-2004, 09:59 PM
Hey Dan, what kind of boat do you have again? :D :D :D
Oh, and I hate to say it, but I find myself agreeing with you quite frequently. Gotta go off myself now... :eek: :220v: :D

Kilrtoy
10-13-2004, 10:03 PM
Hey Dan, what kind of boat do you have again? :D :D :D
Oh, and I hate to say it, but I find myself agreeing with you quite frequently. Gotta go off myself now... :eek: :220v: :D
He is buying mine
He likes the thru hull exhuast it has... :cool:

Some Kind Of Monster
10-13-2004, 10:04 PM
Hey Dan, I have just the boat for you...

MagicMtnDan
10-13-2004, 10:05 PM
He is buying mine
Funny but I have a feeling we're both wanting the same boat. I know where Kilrtoy's been lurking (and posting occasionally).
Can you say twins? :D

Jordy
10-13-2004, 10:06 PM
He is buying mine
Speaking of thru hull, if I have a boat with twin I/O's and twin thru transom exhaust, does that count for 10 mph? :D :D :D

Kilrtoy
10-13-2004, 10:09 PM
Speaking of thru hull, if I have a boat with twin I/O's and twin thru transom exhaust, does that count for 10 mph? :D :D :D
That is why you are all messed up
one would think double the speed, but infact
it is good for 10 x's 4= exhaust =40 then divide by 2 engines and you have 20
YEP 20MPH.....

Kilrtoy
10-13-2004, 10:09 PM
Did somebody say twins
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/111P1020036.JPG

NorCal Gameshow
10-13-2004, 10:17 PM
damn kilr, i was gonna post a reply on this topic. i'm a little speechless after that pic :sqeyes:

MagicMtnDan
10-13-2004, 10:21 PM
Just when I was making a point Kilr goes and screws it up and hijacks my thread and post a pic of his lovely wife's two big...
brown eyes!
OK, except for Kilr's wife's pics (and HDD's pics) this place is still going downhill. :D

HOOTER SLED-
10-13-2004, 10:21 PM
Those are twin big blocks. :D

MagicMtnDan
10-13-2004, 10:22 PM
Those are twin big blocks. :D
And you sir, you KNOW big blocks! :)

RiverKitty
10-13-2004, 10:25 PM
:2purples: Kilr, I'm surprised your not in there with her!!! :crossx: :D

Kilrtoy
See you guys are WRONG
Those are twin OUTBOARDS

HOOTER SLED-
And you sir, you KNOW big blocks! :)
LOL. HAHAHAHA.
Dude. She's right here and saw that. That's funny. I finally got set-up at home. No time to post at work. And yes, I DO know my big blocks. :D

MAINEVENT
10-13-2004, 10:30 PM
Did somebody say twins
OMG someone wrote on her boobs :boxingguy :devil: :D

MagicMtnDan
10-13-2004, 10:35 PM
LOL. HAHAHAHA.
Dude. She's right here and saw that. That's funny. I finally got set-up at home. No time to post at work. And yes, I DO know my big blocks. :D
Tell her we said howdy. It's time you posted a pic of your better half (that's a funny expression when you think of it - your better half has twice as nice as you :D ).

HOOTER SLED-
10-13-2004, 10:37 PM
Tell her we said howdy. It's time you posted a pic of your better half (that's a funny expression when you think of it - your better half has twice as nice as you :D ).
There were a couple in the OP6C pics. I can't remember who posted them.

HOOTER SLED-
10-13-2004, 11:05 PM
Found one Dan.

Some Kind Of Monster
10-13-2004, 11:06 PM
I'm the official picture poster tonight
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=6578

HOOTER SLED-
10-13-2004, 11:21 PM
Thanks man. Now how the hell do I do that??

IN2-IN2MX
10-13-2004, 11:53 PM
Debbolas has a really good explanation for this but since she isn't here I will give it a try. I hope I don't butcher it too much. :frown:
First the pic has to be posted on the internet, such as in ***boat's image center.
Once it is hosted click on the picture once and then once again so that it is larger (if not it will show up too small in your posts).
Right click within the image and select properties.
Highlight the pic address and COPY it. Then you are ready to plug it into your post.
Within your reply or post click the yellow mountain icon and delete that "http://" that is already there. Once it's gone go ahead and PASTE your pic's address there. It should work. Good luck. :shift:

Rexone
10-13-2004, 11:57 PM
or check announcement at top of HSW forum.. :)

IN2-IN2MX
10-14-2004, 12:01 AM
or check announcement at top of HSW forum.. :)
ohhhh :idea: . Good looking out Rexone. :mix:

IN2-IN2MX
10-14-2004, 12:11 AM
Did somebody say twins
I love the smiley pics of her :) :) :rollside: :) .

HOOTER SLED-
10-14-2004, 12:16 AM
I love the smiley pics of her :) :) :rollside: :) .
Yeah, great smile. :D

That Guy
10-14-2004, 03:08 AM
for the worse.
Just looking at the subjects of the threads on the most current post page these past few weeks and the threads are way different than they used to be.
The Sandbar was THE place to go for boating and non-boating related fun stuff. Now it seems to me the non-boating stuff far outweighs the boating-related subjects and the BS quotient has gone through the roof.
Too many worried about post counts and rep points as far as I can tell. And the preoccupation with a milemarker on some SoCal freeway seems to have drained this place of its enthusiasm.
And this was all through boating season! Sad. Maybe the winter months will spice things up some. :(
Right on brother.....yeah, I know don't read the B...stuff but it is getting harder every day. :(

That Guy
10-14-2004, 03:10 AM
Oh and Mrs. Kilrtoy rocks..... :) :crossx: :)

JetBoatRich
10-14-2004, 04:59 AM
for the worse.
Then don't read them :hammer2:
If I don't like the thread, I don't read it :idea: pretty simple

MagicMtnDan
10-14-2004, 05:05 AM
I love the smiley pics of her
Just put on a happy face! :) :)
http://www.***boat.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=6579

FRENCHIE
10-14-2004, 05:08 AM
Just put on a happy face! :) :)
http://www.***boat.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=6579
or my face!!! :hammer2: :rollside: :eat: :wink:

BarryMac
10-14-2004, 05:18 AM
Then don't read them :hammer2:
If I don't like the thread, I don't read it :idea: pretty simple
Thank you Rich, I couldn't have said it better myself...
Hit ya with some rep for it...
gjb

jdogginla
10-14-2004, 05:34 AM
I haven't been here all that long, but at the time I am posting this.......the front page of "The Sandbar" (an off-topic section of the boards), has 16 out of the 28 threads on the 1st page dedicated to boating. That is over half the threads.........discussing boat laws, marina noise, Dam Run pics etc.
Again.........I have only been on here for about 2 months, but I find all these forums to be informative, and enjoy hanging out in "the Sandbar".
Just my .02 :messedup:

MagicMtnDan
10-14-2004, 05:38 AM
And here's Hooter's twins (shouldn't the shirt say "44" instead of "33"???)...
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/385SHELLHOOTS-med.JPG

Havasu Hangin'
10-14-2004, 06:08 AM
In my opinion, this place changes in waves.
People come in, get burned out, then move on. They are usually replaced by a whole new batch every summer. There are also a few diehards, like froggy, superdave013, etc.
To be honest, some of it is refreshing (I think I've seen almost every boat subject covered a few times)...but some of it is also tiresome (the 6th grade stuff wears on me).
Over the years, I've met some great people from the boards. I've also come to the conclusion that just like real life, there are a few bad apples mixed in with the good...
...the trick is figuring out who is who.

simple
10-14-2004, 06:29 AM
Good Points Havasu & Majic.
For the most part, I agree with both of you, however, people make choices. Nobody forces us to log on here. You know certain names by now that just add fodder so you can ignore those posts because you know what you are going to get.
If you are looking for specific info on a topic, find the category it fits & start a thread.
One specific thread no one ignores, are posts by Kilrtoy.
But who am I anyway!!!

BarryMac
10-14-2004, 06:30 AM
I haven't been here all that long, but at the time I am posting this.......the front page of "The Sandbar" (an off-topic section of the boards), has 16 out of the 28 threads on the 1st page dedicated to boating. That is over half the threads.........discussing boat laws, marina noise, Dam Run pics etc.
Again.........I have only been on here for about 2 months, but I find all these forums to be informative, and enjoy hanging out in "the Sandbar".
Just my .02 :messedup:
hit ya with some rep., nicely put...
gjb

Unforgiven
10-14-2004, 06:47 AM
or my face!!! :hammer2: :rollside: :eat: :wink:
I'm wondering whats she is smiling about???? :confused:

racecar.hotshoe
10-14-2004, 06:50 AM
Its just like the Beaumont thing,Its just people getting together to have fun no harm no fowl,We talk about things that are very informative(Thats a lie)But its just a place to talk about stupid off the wall crap.I read the other posts to.Its all good.Now I got to go apparently one of my family has died in sombabwa and has left me a kazillion dollars.(so says the email I just got)But because I dont need the money Im not going to call............ :eek: :D

Havasu_Dreamin
10-14-2004, 07:02 AM
You complain about there being more non-boating threads than boating threads, yet you yourself started 5 threads in the Sandbar that aren't boating related.

JetBoatRich
10-14-2004, 07:07 AM
In my opinion, this place changes in waves.
People come in, get burned out, then move on. They are usually replaced by a whole new batch every summer. There are also a few diehards, like froggy, superdave013, etc.
To be honest, some of it is refreshing (I think I've seen almost every boat subject covered a few times)...but some of it is also tiresome (the 6th grade stuff wears on me).
Over the years, I've met some great people from the boards. I've also come to the conclusion that just like real life, there are a few bad apples mixed in with the good...
...the trick is figuring out who is who.
so there is a trick to it :2purples:
Nice post :cool: and the truth

jbtrailerjim
10-14-2004, 08:26 AM
I've only been on here a little over a year and I have seen this happen quite a bit in my short time here. Newbie comes on here post wh*res like crazy get's burned or get's his/her feelings hurt by someones comments and leaves. I find this place quite entertaining and if your a thin skined person and you post wh*re a lot, somone will eventually piss you off and hurt your feelings.
I've learned the people that don't have something interesting to say and I just skip over there post and move on. No big deal. I don't bitch about them or rag on them. I just keep my opinion to myself (most of the time) and just move on and let them have there fun.
All and all this is a great place with a lot of good people that share the same enthusiasm that I have for boating.

dicudmore
10-14-2004, 10:37 AM
I've only been on here a little over a year and I have seen this happen quite a bit in my short time here. Newbie comes on here post wh*res like crazy get's burned or get's his/her feelings hurt by someones comments and leaves. I find this place quite entertaining and if your a thin skined person and you post wh*re a lot, somone will eventually piss you off and hurt your feelings.
I've learned the people that don't have something interesting to say and I just skip over there post and move on. No big deal. I don't bitch about them or rag on them. I just keep my opinion to myself (most of the time) and just move on and let them have there fun.
All and all this is a great place with a lot of good people that share the same enthusiasm that I have for boating.
I agree. I've met a lot of great people off the boards :cool:

Kachina26
10-14-2004, 11:00 AM
So if the Beaumont threads or the other ones that tweak you contained boob shots you would be happy? Because this thread went that direction and you didn't complain about how it no longer spoke to your original point. I'm over the BM thing, I still keep my siggy for fun and might check in on it, but for the most part I cruise right past the BM threads. As well as many other thread which I know won't interest me.

HOOTER SLED-
10-14-2004, 08:49 PM
And here's Hooter's twins (shouldn't the shirt say "44" instead of "33"???)...
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/385SHELLHOOTS-med.JPG
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. My pillows. :D

voodoomedman
10-14-2004, 10:11 PM
Ummm. Isn't the Sandbar at the lake a hang out spot. Hence the Sandbar on the boards. There is a lot of non boating stuff but some of it makes me laugh until the next day and some I skip over. There is good boating stuff on here as well but I will usually find boat stuff or post boat stuff under Hot Boats. And when it's about the lake and stuff here on the West(Left)Coast I go to Hot Spots,West. There are many sections on these boards to categorize and find what your looking for.
Lastly, Can somebody remove those darn blue dots ruining that beautiful bathtub picture. :D