PDA

View Full Version : Demon Carburator

novaguy
07-03-2001, 12:27 AM
Just wondering if anyone is using a Demon Carburator. Any feedback would be appreciated.

phillyray
07-03-2001, 04:03 AM
A friend of mine uses one on his 540 jet.Out of the box from Summit right on the boat,did'nt have to do nothing but adjust the idle!!! P.S....they flow alot better than stock hollies,so don't go thinking bigger is better.Thinking about one my self!

Jetmugg
07-03-2001, 07:10 AM
Does Demon make a USCG approved marine carb? This can make a difference, especially if you get stopped by "THE MAN".
SteveM.

johnnie jetboat
07-03-2001, 08:02 AM
I have a friend at work with a 78 brendella 18 footer. It has a 460 with a demon on a single tunnel ram. It runs real sweet, without any of the holley related problems(blown power valves, searching for the right size jets, etc.).

novaguy
07-03-2001, 10:23 AM
JETTMUG I had the same question. I e-mailed demon a few weeks ago, but they have not typed me back. I am running a stock 454 Chevy, you guys think a 750cfm mechanical secondaries would be adequate?

Tbigrat
07-03-2001, 05:07 PM
I built my chevy big block last winter.I bored & stroked the block (496)Has forge 4340 1/4 stroke crank,6.385 h beam rods,JE pistons.I called demon and gave them my specs along with my cam card .They recomended a 825 General comp.So I got one from summit.I put it on made a couple of adjustments(idle) Then jeted up 2 sizes.I was real happy with the carb ever since.I will never go back to holley.I run a tunnel ram with crower roller cam & rockers on brodix heads 2x get a demon if you can.

HAVNAFIT
07-03-2001, 06:32 PM
PUT ON A PREDATOR LAST YEAR, UP TO 930CFM RUNS AND LOOKS GREAT ON A BBC.

oldphart
07-04-2001, 02:21 PM
The deamon is an upgraded Barry Grant and their both great carbs good midrange and throttle response is quick. I tried a predator once but wasn't too impressed it was a little sluggish however my fuel consumption went from 8 GPH to 6 GPH same for an Edelbrock I tried. If you want performance it's hard to beat a Deamon. if you want gas milage try an Edelbrock. a predater is just wrong. Mabe if they put some screws on it or sumpthing so you could feel like a mechanic was necessary. Seriously I understand they are great for the tracter pull types who's engines need to pull cleanly from 7000 rpm to none. the infinite CFM adjustability works for them

JOESHOW
07-04-2001, 06:20 PM
Novaguy, I run a 750 Speed Demon (mech. secondaries) on my BBC and love it! I run it at 7 pds of fuel pressure and it has performed perfect. I have even fooled around and really got he boat rocking/bouncing trying to get it to stumble but got not so much as a sputter. I didn't even have to re-jet it, I just opened the box, bolted it on, spent about ten minutes in the water tuning it in and away I went! It is NOT, however, a coast guard approved marine carb. Where we go boating (and not having a covered engine) this isn't a concern though. Good Luck!

novaguy
07-05-2001, 09:31 AM
Just got an e-mail from Deamon. They offer what they call a "Sea Deamon" 750 cfm mechanical secondaries part #1402010EM with electric choke and a vacuum secondaries part #1402010VEM with electric choke. This is their marine line of carburators and they recommended a 750 cfm for a Chevy 454.They said CP Performance carries them.

HAVNAFIT
07-05-2001, 08:07 PM
spose i should take the predator off and trade the boat for a tractor in order to use it, or should i take the time of not messing with x-tra screws and jets and to let all you bias holley perculator guys talk about an induction system you have never tried, seen or read about. someone out there has have to take the step to try something else. I think I will go out and see if i can find some more 8 yr old big foot monster truck, tractor pull kids to come up and drool over my square-box no headache,no lag,no leaking,no popping,no be like everone-else problems and have to question why,,PREDATOR...