PDA

View Full Version : I am so proud

MsDrmr
10-14-2004, 08:02 AM
My 11 year old son wrote this last night, I was so impressed I wanted to share it with you all:
I will fulfill my duty, I trapped here all year long. I know I'm fighting for whats right,thats why I wrote this song.
I am prepared for this battle. I know I'm gonna make it through, cause every day I'm fighting it for you.
Every night I'm in battle, I wonder if I'll die.
All the ground has craterd, and red has filled the sky.
And the flash from the gunshot it has me start to cry.
On myknees starting to pray, this is all that I can say.
Help me make it through, help me show them what we can do.
Help me make peace between the two of us, help me stop all the fight and fuss.
finally from battle I lay down in my bed, and although the war has ended, there are flashbacks in me head.
All the frineds I made were more than one hundred, and nows there's only seven, and what happend to the rest of them, I'll know when I get to Heaven.
My heart feels weak, I'm not gonna last long now, all I can do is ask myself "oh how"
good-bye everyone I love, and also hate...it won't be long till I pass the golden gate.

taxman
10-14-2004, 08:06 AM
Prozak

Mrs. Restless22
10-14-2004, 08:08 AM
Wow that is really touching for an 11 year old.
Any idea why he got into writing about the war? and fighting in it?

MsDrmr
10-14-2004, 08:09 AM
Wow that is really touching for an 11 year old.
Any idea why he got into writing about the war? and fighting in it?
He's been playing medal of honor, and has been talkin with my dad about his fight in Vietnam :angry2:

Mrs. Restless22
10-14-2004, 08:11 AM
That is awesome. I remember being young and asking my grandpa about his days in Vietnam, and how he earned his purple heart fighting for our country.
Its great that he shows an interest in it. He'll grow up proud to be an American! :)

BarryMac
10-14-2004, 08:14 AM
Great story from an 11 year old, any idea who he gets the writing gene from?
He will grow to be a true Patriot for the good old USA...
Congrats, you should be ohh so proud of him...
gjb

Havasu47
10-14-2004, 08:14 AM
WOW... very insightful for an 11 year old. Actually we adults often overlook how aware our children of what's going on around them. :idea:

MsDrmr
10-14-2004, 08:17 AM
Great story from an 11 year old, any idea who he gets the writing gene from?
He will grow to be a true Patriot for the good old USA...
Congrats, you should be ohh so proud of him...
gjb
Oh he may get it from me, not sure? :wink:
yes I am proud, he's a great kid

LVJAKAZ
10-14-2004, 08:48 AM
AWWWWW.....I would be proud too, that was awesome for a 11 year old :)

Ziggy
10-14-2004, 11:33 AM
It's amazing how much our little ones retain and express so well. :boxed:
You should be proud of him--Hope he got a "A" on that paper, otherwise go kick the teacher in the shins :p

MsDrmr
10-14-2004, 11:40 AM
It's amazing how much our little ones retain and express so well. :boxed:
You should be proud of him--Hope he got a "A" on that paper, otherwise go kick the teacher in the shins :p
can you believe he did not even write that for school, He came downstairs with a heavy heart last night and asked for a pencil, asked to be left alone, went to his room and came down about a 1/2 hr later having written that.
I was so touched

Ziggy
10-14-2004, 11:55 AM
can you believe he did not even write that for school, He came downstairs with a heavy heart last night and asked for a pencil, asked to be left alone, went to his room and came down about a 1/2 hr later having written that.
I was so touched
That is so sweet, obviously he took to heart what he heard from your father. Just today I got an email card from my 11 yr old daughter, just to say I love you with a Pumpkin theme...that'll carry me through the day for sure. :smile:

RiverOtter
10-14-2004, 12:00 PM
That is amazing for an 11 year old. But jeez that's deep. I hope he was writing that from your dad's perspective.