PDA

View Full Version : not intended to start a political war

MsDrmr
10-14-2004, 11:59 AM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1447bush-med.bmp [/IMG]
This photo is a composite of American soldiers who have died in Iraq over the last year.
A picture is worth a thousand words. Or in this case, hundreds of lives. And growing daily.
Over 1054 Killed and over 7000 wounded to date.

Red Eye
10-14-2004, 12:35 PM
Looks like Kerry propaganda to me. Take this over to the PR section.

rvrtoy
10-14-2004, 12:42 PM
Looks like the photo of a President who is commited to keeping the Homeland safe. Looks to me like a man with good values, a man with the support of the majority of the military supporting him (even the ones on the front line).
Send this to the political forums. :hammerhea

Rev. Williams
10-14-2004, 12:50 PM
December 7, 1941 - Japanese bomb Pearl Harbor, Hawaii; also attack the Philippines, Wake Island, Guam, Malaya, Thailand, Shanghai and Midway.
December 8, 1941 - U.S. and Britain declare war on Japan. Japanese land near Singapore and enter Thailand.
April 10, 1942 - Bataan Death March begins as 76,000 Allied POWs including 12,000 Americans are forced to walk 60 miles under a blazing sun without food or water toward a new POW camp, resulting in over 5,000 American deaths.
August 8/9 - A major U.S. naval disaster off Savo Island, north of Guadalcanal, as eight Japanese warships wage a night attack and sink three U.S. heavy cruisers, an Australian cruiser, and one U.S. destroyer, all in less than an hour. Another U.S. cruiser and two destroyers are damaged. Over 1,500 Allied crewmen are lost.
October 7, 1943 - Japanese execute approximately 100 American POWs on Wake Island.
July 29, 1945 - A Japanese submarine sinks the Cruiser INDIANAPOLIS resulting in the loss of 881 crewmen. The ship sinks before a radio message can be sent out leaving survivors adrift for two days.
Dec 17, 1944- The bodies of 81 American soldiers from Battery B of the 285th Field Artillery Observation Battalion, killed by Waffen SS troops, Dec. 17, 1944, during the Battle of the Bulge near the Belgian town of Malmedy. The captured U.S. soldiers were herded into a nearby field. An SS tank commander then ordered an SS private to shoot into the prisoners, setting off a wild killing spree as the SS opened fire with machine guns and pistols on the unarmed, terrified POWs.
Survivors were killed by a pistol shot to the head, in some cases by English speaking SS who walked among the victims asking if anyone was injured or needed help. Those who responded were shot. A total of 81 Americans were killed in the single worst atrocity against U.S. troops during World War II in Europe. (Photo credit: U.S. Army) http://www.historyplace.com/worldwar2/ww2-pix/malmedy2.jpg
July 29, 1945 - A Japanese submarine sinks the Cruiser INDIANAPOLIS resulting in the loss of 881 crewmen. The ship sinks before a radio message can be sent out leaving survivors adrift for two days.
As you can see, war is not possible without death…. There were numerous single day battles with death tolls far exceeding the 1057 Msdrnr noted. The fact that U.S losses as of today are just over 1000 for the length of time in battle should really make Americans proud of their government for providing the most advanced weapons and proud of their troops (GI’s) that execute their craft with these weapons so effectively on those who are trained to kill them. As Msdrmr says, this is not intended to start a political war…. I just like to provide further insight into things like this :D :D

MagicMtnDan
10-14-2004, 01:41 PM
Yeah, sure, your post wasn't intended to "start a political war" but you knew it would because of the picture and your remarks. Subtle (not!).
Why don't you post a composite photo of the nearly 3,000 innocent people, Americans and others, who were slaughtered in the 9/11 attacks in New York, Washington, DC, and Shanksville, PA?!
They're the ones who were killed while on their way to work, at work or off to visit their friends, families and loved ones. They're the reason our soldiers are off fighting a war to protect the rest of us, the nearly 300 million people in this country who are alive, enjoying our precious freedom every day.
Yeah, like you said, "A picture is worth a thousand words. Or in this case, hundreds (thousands) of lives." So why not post the pictures of the nearly 3,000 innocents who died on 9/11! Then you can make your political commentary (in words and picture) and tell us you aren't intending on "starting a political war."
You're clearly another left-wing liberal with no sense of perspective or balance. I'm sure of one thing - you're voting for Kerry. :burningm: :burningm: :burningm:

MsDrmr
10-14-2004, 01:45 PM
Yeah, sure, your post wasn't intended to "start a political war" but you knew it would because of the picture and your remarks. Subtle (not!).
Why don't you post a composite photo of the nearly 3,000 innocent people, Americans and others, who were slaughtered in the 9/11 attacks in New York, Washington, DC, and Shanksville, PA?!
They're the ones who were killed while on their way to work, at work or off to visit their friends, families and loved ones. They're the reason our soldiers are off fighting a war to protect the rest of us, the nearly 300 million people in this country who are alive, enjoying our precious freedom every day.
Yeah, like you said, "A picture is worth a thousand words. Or in this case, hundreds (thousands) of lives." So why not post the pictures of the nearly 3,000 innocents who died on 9/11! Then you can make your political commentary (in words and picture) and tell us you aren't intending on "starting a political war."
You're clearly another left-wing liberal with no sense of perspective or balance. I'm sure of one thing - you're voting for Kerry. :burningm: :burningm: :burningm:
quite the contrary,, It was forwarded to me in my e-mail and I like the way they take several pics and create one picture out of them. I know Disney has done that as well, I was fascinated by the pics, and I wouldn't have cared if they did it as a pic of the twin towers, or an ocean mural, I just posted it all together....
Not that I need to defend myself to anyone here,

Tom Brown
10-14-2004, 01:49 PM
What's the deal on that picture? What do you mean, composite of dead soldiers?
GW has engaged your contry in a war that has killed a lot of your people. Those who share his philosophy will embrace the decision as valid and worthwhile. Those who don't share his philosophy will reject attempts to justify the war. Perhaps a more real judgement of the war will happen a decade from now when the political hot heads have cooled. ... or perhaps not.
... so my opinion is that it's best to throw the picture up, powerful as it is, and let those who are upset by it go fuk themselves. :)

Tom Brown
10-14-2004, 01:54 PM
quite the contrary...
mrsdrmr, MMD just layed down a harsh judgement on you based on your posting of a single picture. It seems to me that picture rises above partisan politcs and sends a powerful message to anyone who has heard of the war in Iraq. Either way, I would encourage you not to justify yourself to someone who will lay down such a nasty judgement based on so little evidence. Why not leave him to his anger?

MsDrmr
10-14-2004, 01:55 PM
GW has engaged your contry in a war that has killed a lot of your people. Those who share his philosophy will embrace the decision as valid and worthwhile. Those who don't share his philosophy will reject attempts to justify the war. Perhaps a more real judgement of the war will happen a decade from now when the political hot heads have cooled. ... or perhaps not.
... so my opinion is that it's best to throw the picture up, powerful as it is, and let those who are upset by it go fuk themselves. :)
well put Tom, thanks for the support :D

IN2MX
10-14-2004, 02:02 PM
How many troops lives did we lose in WWII or in Vietnam?
Although even one life lost is a great tragedy, it is necessary in order to keep our country safe, and I am extremely thankful and grateful to the Men and Women of our military, to their Friends and Families, and to the BUSH Administration for being ever relentless, extremely courageous, and ever resilient in the fight for America.

Excessive Force
10-14-2004, 02:04 PM
well said!

IN2MX
10-14-2004, 02:19 PM
... so my opinion is that it's best to throw the picture up, powerful as it is, and let those who are upset by it go fuk themselves. :)[/QUOTE]
So, if the picture upsets you...Go fuk yourself right now.
That's a pretty lousy thing to say. Insensitive to the people families who's son or daughter may be in that picture and very immature.
However that picture was meant, good, bad, or indifferent.......This is a very serious subject to most people in this country. Everyone has the right to his or her opinion and think saying if you agree one way or another, is your right, and we all can be adults about it eitheir way.

Excessive Force
10-14-2004, 02:20 PM
it is kinda neat the way they got the pics to work tho...just a personal observation :boxed:

IN2MX
10-14-2004, 02:21 PM
well said!
Thank you.

OGShocker
10-14-2004, 02:33 PM
Speaking of Fukin' themselves, how is Paul Martin doing these days?
:220v:

Tom Brown
10-14-2004, 02:34 PM
That's a pretty lousy thing to say. Insensitive to the people families who's son or daughter may be in that picture and very immature.
It isn't insensitive at all, IMO.
What about the people who want their sons and daughters honored in an artistic way?
That picture is what it is. It's powerful and, IMO, it cuts.
May they rest in peace. :(

Tom Brown
10-14-2004, 03:24 PM
Speaking of Fukin' themselves, how is Paul Martin doing these days?
:220v:
:D

MagicMtnDan
10-14-2004, 03:46 PM
It isn't insensitive at all, IMO.
What about the people who want their sons and daughters honored in an artistic way?
That picture is what it is. It's powerful and, IMO, it cuts.
May they rest in peace. :(
Tom, with all due respect, I think you need to stick to bran and cheddar. Seriously, you don't seem to know what you're talking about.
Families of the deceased don't want to see pictures of their sons and daughters used that way. The families want to see their sons' and daughters' pictures used in a respectful manner and certainly not in a way that uses them to make a political statement which is what that composite picture does.
Whether or not they're a Bush supporter, there's no reason for their sons' and daughters' pictures to be used to create a picture of the President. Just showing the 1,000-plus pictures of the deceased would be powerful enough statement.
If you don't agree, where and when does it stop? Is it OK to use their pictures to make a map of Iraq? How about a picture of Usama bin Laden? Or John Kerry? Of course freedom of speech allows them to use the pictures to replicate a picture of Satan if someone wishes but that was not and is not the idea here.
War is hell. People die. Leaders send soldiers into battle. It has always been so and will probably always be the case. But in my opinion the use of those deceased heroes' pictures in that manner at this time of year is a political statement that also does not show them the respect and honor they deserve.
PS Tom: this is my opinion and as you said to me, you can go **** yourself if you don't like it (****ing Canatard)

jbtrailerjim
10-14-2004, 04:42 PM
I think that picture sucks and it is disrespectful to the soldiers who have given their life for our great country. I'm sure it was put together by some Kerry supporting, Michael Moore loving, left leaning, liberal jackoff.

rodnjen
10-14-2004, 04:49 PM
Anytime an image strikes a nerve, an emotion a belief, then it's done its job. I think a few of you are getting a little carried away. I am quite certain that not all the soldiers and all the families are as blindly supportive as some of you might think.
I just hope everyone that has an opinion, shows up to vote :eat: .

Some Kind Of Monster
10-14-2004, 09:36 PM
I may be wrong here, but I think mrsdrmr's post was ment to do 2 things:
1. Show a picture of a great president,
2. Remind us to think about and pray for those that die to keep this country the great place that it is.
I don't think it was ment to disgrase those that have died for us, or our president. I'm sure mrsdrmr can speak for herself here, but damn guys. Things can be interprited multiple ways. Why don't you try to interprite it the way it was intended?
I hope I wrote that right :jawdrop: