PDA

View Full Version : ford technician

Havasubum
10-14-2004, 12:07 PM
anyone a ford technician here let me know casue i have a question. thanks

switchin'addiction
10-17-2004, 07:56 AM
I'm not a tech but I've got a lot of get tech forum info on Fords if you are interested. They have helped me in figuring out some problems I have had.

Kachina26
10-17-2004, 08:38 AM
Contact Shadow

Havasubum
10-17-2004, 09:39 AM
Contact Shadow
thanks i'll try to contact him

Havasubum
10-17-2004, 09:40 AM
I'm not a tech but I've got a lot of get tech forum info on Fords if you are interested. They have helped me in figuring out some problems I have had.
whats the website for these forums thanks

switchin'addiction
10-23-2004, 11:26 PM
whats the website for these forums thanks
I will try & get a list put together & post it up here or shoot you an email.
I don't know specifically what you are needing, but a good place to start is here. (http://www.fordfuelinjection.com) One of the guys who runs the site is Ryan. Real Ford expert. If you can't locate his email on the site you can go here (http://www.fullsizebronco.com), and his screenname is Fireguy.
Another good link would be this one. (http://www.ford-trucks.com)

shadow
10-24-2004, 06:59 AM
anyone a ford technician here let me know casue i have a question. thanks
Whats the problem? :confused: I'm a Ford tech maybe i can answer your question.

Havasubum
10-24-2004, 10:55 AM
ive got a 95 f-350 and the truck is not idling steadily and when in reverse backing into a parking spot it would just shut off or even when you role to a stop sometimes it shuts off. i replaced the iac and checked for vacum leaks but did not find any. thanks for any imput

JetBoatRich
10-24-2004, 11:04 AM
so it only does it when the truck is rolling backwards? or when you put it in reverse then neutral and roll to a stop

shadow
10-24-2004, 11:06 AM
ive got a 95 f-350 and the truck is not idling steadily and when in reverse backing into a parking spot it would just shut off or even when you role to a stop sometimes it shuts off. i replaced the iac and checked for vacum leaks but did not find any. thanks for any imput
Whens the last time you changed your fuel filter.Usually the iac will make a humming noise if going out.(not always).Another thing you can check is hook a fuel press gauge to the shrader valve in the fuel rail.cycle the key and check press.then start vehicle and shut off then monitor if fuel press bleeds off right away.if press bleeds off quickly you could have a weak fuel pump and loosing its prime at idle.

Havasubum
10-24-2004, 11:21 AM
so it only does it when the truck is rolling backwards? or when you put it in reverse then neutral and roll to a stop
it does it when you give it gas in reverse.

Havasubum
10-24-2004, 11:21 AM
Whens the last time you changed your fuel filter.Usually the iac will make a humming noise if going out.(not always).Another thing you can check is hook a fuel press gauge to the shrader valve in the fuel rail.cycle the key and check press.then start vehicle and shut off then monitor if fuel press bleeds off right away.if press bleeds off quickly you could have a weak fuel pump and loosing its prime at idle.
i'll try this. thanks

shadow
10-24-2004, 01:35 PM
i'll try this. thanks
The reason i say check these things this is what i would check first,I'ts tough without having the vehicle in front of you to say whats wrong.I've seen alot of fuel pumps that work but are on the verge of failing.the one indication is if after shuting the vehicle off or cycling the key the fuel press will bleed down.
Good luck.

Kachina26
10-24-2004, 02:38 PM
it does it when you give it gas in reverse.
Almost sounds like a loose connection that is sensitive to engine torque. Sounds like a good paying ticket :D Is it easily duplicated or does it only happen once in awhile?

Havasubum
10-24-2004, 03:30 PM
Almost sounds like a loose connection that is sensitive to engine torque. Sounds like a good paying ticket :D Is it easily duplicated or does it only happen once in awhile?
almost all the time its starting to get annoying starting the car over and over again.