PDA

View Full Version : Need some help?

Goautl
02-16-2002, 09:01 PM
I know this is a boat forum, but as you guys know most have winter toys like me.
My problem is this.... I was putting chromoly rocker studs in my sand rail head. I need to take one of the studs out and it stripped in the head. Now I can't even get the darn thing out with vise grips. Do you guys think if I take it to a machine shop they can get the stud out and retap or helicoil the head? I hope someone can shed some light on this because this is bumming me out. Thanks
[This message has been edited by Goautl (edited February 16, 2002).]

custom-cruiser
02-16-2002, 09:51 PM
Get a hold of some race guys and see where they take thier stuff. Usally the machine shops with all the work are like wizards with the physically challenged parts.
Good luck! http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif

ROZ
02-16-2002, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by Goautl:
I know this is a boat forum, but as you guys know most have winter toys like me.
My problem is this.... I was putting chromoly rocker studs in my sand rail head. I need to take one of the studs out and it stripped in the head. Now I can't even get the darn thing out with vise grips. Do you guys think if I take it to a machine shop they can get the stud out and retap or helicoil the head? I hope someone can shed some light on this because this is bumming me out. Thanks
[This message has been edited by Goautl (edited February 16, 2002).]
Where are you located? I'm sure RacingRay or SuperDave013 will know of a reputable machine shop.
SD013, How was the ride? Anyone get Scalped?
[This message has been edited by ROZ (edited February 16, 2002).]

Goautl
02-17-2002, 09:24 AM
I'm in Blythe. And being that it's a small town there is only one machine shop here. Does anyone know of any machine shops in Havasu or Parker?

havasu boat builder
02-17-2002, 02:17 PM
gary at showtime marine can get you taken care of........hbb

Goautl
02-17-2002, 07:39 PM
Well guys thanks for all the help, but I got the darn thing out. I took it to a local marine shop and they pulled the stud and chased the threads for me. All that on a Sunday in Blythe. Guess living in a small town is'nt that bad.

ROZ
02-18-2002, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by Goautl:
I'm in Blythe. And being that it's a small town there is only one machine shop here. Does anyone know of any machine shops in Havasu or Parker?
How long you been in Blythe?
Do you know Joe Cota? Just curious
Wait a second...Police officer?? How about Jimmy Carne (sp).
[This message has been edited by ROZ (edited February 18, 2002).]