PDA

View Full Version : Speaking of being a new guy at work....

ROZ
10-14-2004, 02:13 PM
For those of you who don't know, I work for Tweeter Home Entertainment and sell business to business. We recently added a new CEO to the payroll and things have been getting really strange around here. A lot of the old timer "directors" have either been let go or quit. The new CEO decided recently we need to revamp our division. Our VP od Corporate sales went to the main office with many great ideas, but he butt heads with the new boss from the get go. Things did not go well and as of this morning, the VP of my department quit. We have a confrence call with the new CEO at 10am tomorrow to find out what our new directive is. The guy who quit says we don't have anything to worry about, but how can we trust him? To top it off, last week our regional human resources director quit.
I was slowly working myself back in to the pool business, but now it looks like it will be my new job starting monday...
Anyone have something temporary for a bright whitty guy? :D

welk2party
10-14-2004, 02:20 PM
That is a tragedy! What would us Hot Boaters do for electronics? I still have not picked out my new home speakers. :rolleyes:

mbrown2
10-14-2004, 02:20 PM
Go to the meeting and listend to what the new CEO has to say...also try and read between the lines of his words...
You have two options; leave or stay. If you like the company, but question the current management, then I say stay. However, the new regime might not like your ideas, but you have to be a chameleon...change to fit in, reinvent yourself...With all the folks leaving means opportunities...Hate to see good people go, but if you can't get over that the new management sees things different then it might be time to leave.
The reason I say stay is because new CEO's come and go...if the guy does poorly, it will show in your profit/loss statement and the board will boot him, but a good company will still be there. If he does good and you fit in then their is opportunity. I have had 9 bosses in 8 years either through promos or reorgs.....talk about having to reinvent yourself every year and prove yourself again...
Pride don't taste good going down, but it also don't pay the bills.

topless
10-14-2004, 02:21 PM
Hell with it. Just be a town drunk. :D

Excessive Force
10-14-2004, 02:25 PM
...but you have to be a chameleon...change to fit in, reinvent yourself...
That is the key to a happy corporate life if your not one of the ELITE :crossx:

dicudmore
10-14-2004, 02:31 PM
good luck to ya bro :D

HCS
10-14-2004, 02:35 PM
Sounds like my work.
They built a Car Max right behind our dealership. Everyone quit and went
over there. No could stand our service manager so they didn't have any
problem walking.

TrojanDan
10-14-2004, 02:36 PM
If you go into the pool biz, what's your bro hook-up price for a 600 SF swimming pool plus groto like Hef's? :D

mbrown2
10-14-2004, 02:36 PM
That is the key to a happy corporate life if your not one of the ELITE :crossx:
Its ok to be the elite, but also be prepared when you fall off the ladder...build relationships on your way up so when you fall, you fall gently and get the chance to climb again and reestablish yourself...cause it will happen....

Rev. Williams
10-14-2004, 02:37 PM
Go to the meeting and listend to what the new CEO has to say...also try and read between the lines of his words...
You have two options; leave or stay. If you like the company, but question the current management, then I say stay. However, the new regime might not like your ideas, but you have to be a chameleon...change to fit in, reinvent yourself...With all the folks leaving means opportunities...Hate to see good people go, but if you can't get over that the new management sees things different then it might be time to leave.
The reason I say stay is because new CEO's come and go...if the guy does poorly, it will show in your profit/loss statement and the board will boot him, but a good company will still be there. If he does good and you fit in then their is opportunity. I have had 9 bosses in 8 years either through promos or reorgs.....talk about having to reinvent yourself every year and prove yourself again...
Pride don't taste good going down, but it also don't pay the bills.
Gotta love the CFC way !! :D :D I've been here almost nine years and I need both hands and feet to count the boss changes!!
I've learned to fly low and avoid the radar....

mbrown2
10-14-2004, 02:41 PM
Gotta love the CFC way !! :D :D I've been here almost nine years and I need both hands and feet to count the boss changes!!
True Dat :cool:

Tom Brown
10-14-2004, 02:58 PM
ROZ, you need to go on a sex junket to Thailand.

simple
10-14-2004, 03:02 PM
M Brown is sooooo right. It's all perception! If they think you can fit in, you'll stay. If not, you're gone. Results don't mean that much in corporate america these days.

ROZ
10-14-2004, 03:02 PM
Not layin low in the pic I have somewhere around here...lmao
They'd never lay off the REAL reverend anyways...
I've been a little nervous all day and probably for no reason. Heck, I didn't even eat lunch :messedup: ...

1stepcloser
10-14-2004, 03:06 PM
Heck, I didn't even eat lunch :messedup: ...
:eek: Whaaattt??? :frown:

simple
10-14-2004, 03:06 PM
What is your position?
How many people in the company?
How many have your title?

Havasu Hangin'
10-14-2004, 03:09 PM
My advise to you is to start drinking heavily.
Listen to him Flounder...he's pre-med.
Pre-Law.
Whatever.

Mandelon
10-14-2004, 03:09 PM
Check your Pm's. :p

ROZ
10-14-2004, 03:13 PM
What is your position?
How many people in the company?
How many have your title?
Inside and outside b2b sales.
3400-3600 employees
6 of us who happened to be the most profitable division on east of the Missisippi...
Another 5 based out of Atlanta who also did really well.

mbrown2
10-14-2004, 03:19 PM
I've been a little nervous all day and probably for no reason. Heck, I didn't even eat lunch :messedup: ...
Control the things and can, and confront those you can't if have to...at least that way you will get your answer.

OutCole'd
10-14-2004, 03:21 PM
Move to Vegas, I need a forklift operator.

ROZ
10-14-2004, 03:23 PM
My advise to you is to start drinking heavily.
Listen to him Flounder...he's pre-med.
Pre-Law.
Whatever.
Flounder, I am appointing you pledge representative to the social committee...Drive us to Food King..
Christ. Seven years of college down the drain. Might as well join the ****ing Peace Corps :crossx:

ROZ
10-14-2004, 03:25 PM
Move to Vegas, I need a forklift operator.
Is it a dry heat out there?

topless
10-14-2004, 03:28 PM
I heard the guys that hold those will work for food signs really make alot of money.....AND it's tax free. :D

OutCole'd
10-14-2004, 03:38 PM
Is it a dry heat out there?
Yes, as a matter of fact it's a real friggen hot & dry heat. It gets to 118 but with the dryness, it feels like 115.

clownpuncher
10-14-2004, 03:47 PM
Roz, is the Tweeter in Palm Desert still open? Drove by it a few times but never went in.
Pool cleaning biz aint bad. I have a friend that makes a ton-o-dough out here. 'Course every house has at least one pool and a hot tub.

jlnorthrup122
10-14-2004, 04:09 PM
Roz If you like the work you do and do a good job at it just stay there and look for a new job with another company before you hit the bricks don't quit if you get let go like the others you could get a severence payment agreement and other shit like that an then you could get your own deal going while you are getting unemployment or you could like the others say advance with all the opritunities opening up! Or we could move the Ceo to a dry shallow destert vegas hole!! :D Good luck Bro!!

Lightning
10-14-2004, 05:15 PM
Working for big corporations has its advantages and disadvantages.
Pro's - benefits, solid pay usually, hookups.
Con's - too many personalities, need to answer to people.
I think in order to survive in the corporate world you need to be able to be flexible. Those who are flexible are able to last the longest, those who last the longest usually end up doing the best. Starting over sometimes just doesn't pan out and is not worth the hassle. I say all of this assuming that the company is in good financial condition and you like what you do for a living.

Charley
10-14-2004, 06:15 PM
Yes, as a matter of fact it's a real friggen hot & dry heat. It gets to 118 but with the dryness, it feels like 115.
LMAO...

Phat Matt
10-14-2004, 06:36 PM
Tweeter just spent $100,000 on my station. It looks like they are going to advertise pretty heavily for the next year. Sales might not be too bad if you stick around.

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
10-14-2004, 06:37 PM
For those of you who don't know, I work for Tweeter Home Entertainment and sell business to business. We recently added a new CEO to the payroll and things have been getting really strange around here. A lot of the old timer "directors" have either been let go or quit. The new CEO decided recently we need to revamp our division. Our VP od Corporate sales went to the main office with many great ideas, but he butt heads with the new boss from the get go. Things did not go well and as of this morning, the VP of my department quit. We have a confrence call with the new CEO at 10am tomorrow to find out what our new directive is. The guy who quit says we don't have anything to worry about, but how can we trust him? To top it off, last week our regional human resources director quit.
I was slowly working myself back in to the pool business, but now it looks like it will be my new job starting monday...
Anyone have something temporary for a bright whitty guy? :D
join the club I know that felling :(

Rock-A-Bye-Baby
10-14-2004, 07:12 PM
Inside and outside b2b sales.
3400-3600 employees
6 of us who happened to be the most profitable division on east of the Missisippi...
Another 5 based out of Atlanta who also did really well.
you definitely have a job.....it seems like all they were doing was reorganizing the management. good sales people are never let go in reorgs...