PDA

View Full Version : Rep points

waterwitch
10-14-2004, 05:07 PM
ok...call me stupid but I just don't get it.
Why do we have Reputation points, and
what do we do with them? I have gotten
a couple but I have no idea why or how.
Is there a way to check on this? Are these
things important? cause I always see
poeple begging for them.... Can someone
please explaine this?
Thank you
Traci

Some Kind Of Monster
10-14-2004, 06:10 PM
They aren't important and in these boards they really mean nothing. They were ment to be an indication of experience and to show if a user has other members approval, but they have turned into a joke. Don't worry about them :chi:

GofastRacer
10-14-2004, 06:19 PM
"Reputation Points" WTF are those?? :confused: Is that those little green thingies?? :confused: So, I guess the more you have the more you know right???. Well I only have one so I guess I don't know shit about anything!..Oh well WTF!.. :sleeping: :sleeping:

Fiat48
10-14-2004, 06:42 PM
If you click the "user control panel" while you are signed on...then you get to see some of what people kinda said about you in your reputation. I found that the other day. And I guess if you don't like the answer somebody gives you then you can givbe them a bad rep point and can also tell them why you did that. But all my bad ones are unsigned and no reason....so I cannot become a better person...so I will just stay a rotten SOB, hold nothing back sort of guy that everyone is used to. :D
Like I really give a _ _ _ _. LOL :p
So anyway...I just gave you a reputation point Gofastracer. You can sleep better now. And I signed it.

Kim Hanson
10-14-2004, 06:55 PM
If ya got points for sinking boats, I would have a couple..........( . )( . )..... :notam:

Tom Brown
10-14-2004, 07:02 PM
Would you guys mind giving me some rep? I'd appreciate it.
Thanks. :cool:
PS - I run an outboard

Sangster
10-14-2004, 07:03 PM
Tom....Your "REP" Precedes you........

Tom Brown
10-14-2004, 07:26 PM
I didn't think anyone would do it but there was one person who did that really made my day. It was all class in the comment field too with the appropriate gay innuendo. :D
LMAO! :D :D :D
For what it's worth, it was just a joke. Yes... I'm interested in v-drives too. :cool:

waterwitch
10-14-2004, 08:41 PM
Prior to Fiat48's reply I had no idea how to
check the points. This really made me laugh
cause I have 25 points. How did I do that?
I didn't feel a thing.
Thanks for explaining.

BGMAN203
10-14-2004, 08:55 PM
I only seem to be able to see my last reputation point. Is there a way to view them all?

Rexone
10-14-2004, 09:09 PM
I only seem to be able to see my last reputation point. Is there a way to view them all?
maybe you only have one. :D
The whole rep point systems seems a bit gay to me but what the hell do I know. ;)

BGMAN203
10-14-2004, 09:14 PM
maybe you only have one. :D
Maybe I do, but when I hover my pointer over that green box under my name , it says 10-49?? :idea: Whatever, I will figure it ont one of these days.

Rexone
10-14-2004, 09:20 PM
Maybe I do, but when I hover my pointer over that green box under my name , it says 10-49?? :idea: Whatever, I will figure it ont one of these days.
When someone gives you rep it gives you so many points based on a combination of that persons rep, post count, and other factors too complicated for my small brain to anaylise. So for example if a newbie gave you rep you might only get a couple points but if someone with alot of rep and posts gave you rep it would be more. It would probably be much more relevant if it hadn't been made a big joke of up in the sandbar but I ain't losin any sleep over it.

BGMAN203
10-14-2004, 09:29 PM
Speaking of sleep...I am going to bed.

waterwitch
10-15-2004, 06:03 AM
Thanks Rexone... I get it now...
well not really, but I'll go with
that. :smile:

Fiat48
10-15-2004, 06:13 PM
LMAO! I just got a rep from GW Bush! :D

Rexone
10-15-2004, 06:56 PM
I hear John Kerry's cruising the site too handing out rep and promises make you the fastest mofo in the US. :squiggle:

Some Kind Of Monster
10-15-2004, 07:06 PM
Hey Bush,
I got a nice offer from Kerry to bribe my vote. What do you have to offer?
Concerned Vote, I mean Boater

CJ
10-15-2004, 09:32 PM
Quick Question: In my latest rep points, I see a bunch of green and one red. Is reg negative? Why is it different? I only see how to add points to people. And imagine what hell it would be if you could give negative points.
** Nevermind, just figured it out ** :notam:

steelcomp
10-15-2004, 09:55 PM
what are the grey boxes? How do you know how many points you're giving or getting?
Curious.
steel

Rexone
10-15-2004, 10:03 PM
what are the grey boxes? How do you know how many points you're giving or getting?
Curious.
steel
you don't know how many, it doesn't tell you unless you keep track of your total changing. I think the grays are from those who don't have enough juice themselves to give points yet.

Squirtin Thunder
10-15-2004, 10:06 PM
But when someone with alot of green boxes gives you a neg it slams you all the way down. And it hurts.
Jim

GofastRacer
10-16-2004, 04:06 AM
If you click the "user control panel" while you are signed on...then you get to see some of what people kinda said about you in your reputation. I found that the other day. And I guess if you don't like the answer somebody gives you then you can givbe them a bad rep point and can also tell them why you did that. But all my bad ones are unsigned and no reason....so I cannot become a better person...so I will just stay a rotten SOB, hold nothing back sort of guy that everyone is used to. :D
Like I really give a _ _ _ _. LOL :p
So anyway...I just gave you a reputation point Gofastracer. You can sleep better now. And I signed it.
Well I'll be dipped, I didn't know that,LOL :) Thanks Bob, I will sleep better now,LMAO!.. :D :D

GofastRacer
10-16-2004, 04:13 AM
But when someone with alot of green boxes gives you a neg it slams you all the way down. And it hurts.
Jim
Guess the thing to do is to be nice and not get any negs!.. :D :D :D

roostwear
10-16-2004, 05:33 AM
Just go to the Sandbar and post a "I need points" thread and you'll be swimmin' in 'em! :rolleyes: Obviously, I haven't tried this.......