PDA

View Full Version : Trial Assemblies From HELL

Infomaniac
10-14-2004, 06:02 PM
Every time I rig one of these. I think to myself, I bet the engineer that designed this thing is still laughing about it. :cool: :cool:
These Enderle linkage kits are a good deal and work really well. But there is more tiral assembly in one of these than the entire engine. :rolleyes:
One more spline and this one is a done deal. :rollside:
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/504/211Linkage.jpg

Fiat48
10-14-2004, 06:15 PM
Yeah...but did you have to run a tap through the anodized pieces cause the bolts wouldn't thread in them?

Infomaniac
10-14-2004, 06:20 PM
Yeah...but did you have to run a tap through the anodized pieces cause the bolts wouldn't thread in them?
LOL not this time. They were only a little rough.
I better not say this because I am not completely done with the job. But. This is the first one that every arm slid effortlessly onto the splines. Every one of them. :cool:

GofastRacer
10-14-2004, 06:27 PM
I always thought those were a super simple deal, never had problems setting those up!.. :confused:
BTW, when you use a tap to clean out anno, get a cheap junker and throw it away after you're done, anno will destroy a good tap in no time!.. :frown:

blown428fe
10-14-2004, 06:28 PM
Info- What happened to the injector?

Infomaniac
10-14-2004, 07:09 PM
Info- What happened to the injector?
It is in temporary storage. :squiggle:
Just borrowing the blower out from under the injection to get some engine power data.

steelcomp
10-14-2004, 08:43 PM
Every time I rig one of these. I think to myself, I bet the engineer that designed this thing is still laughing about it. :cool: :cool:
These Enderle linkage kits are a good deal and work really well. But there is more tiral assembly in one of these than the entire engine. :rolleyes:
One more spline and this one is a done deal. :rollside:
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/504/211Linkage.jpg
That's quite an angle you have on that bottom rod end.

Infomaniac
10-15-2004, 02:49 AM
That is very observant of you. :wink:
I had not started working the bottom crank when that pic was taken. I needed to flip the bottom arm around still yet to correct that. And one more spline toward the bottom crank on the top arm.

Havasu Hangin'
10-15-2004, 04:23 AM
That's the setup I've got. What a joy it is to work with (x2). :hammerhea

cstraub
10-15-2004, 05:30 AM
I'll never forget the time the "boss" wanted to go IHRA PRO Stock racing. The linkage for those 4 x 2 barrel dominators required a PHD to assemble.
Chris

steelcomp
10-16-2004, 11:25 AM
I've done lots of these and they're really not rocket science. You just have to be patient and not willing to settle for less that what you're trying to accomplish. No binding is the most important, as those small rod ends will break fairly easily. You can get a little more range of movement out of them by using a #10 AN washer (thick one) between the bell crank and the rod end.
I ended up making up a small fixture so I could drill and tap the ends of the rods, as well. Some times you need to shorten the rod, and that means drilling and re-tapping. Unless you have a left hand tap, be sure to cut off the right hand end. The left hand end is usually the end with the groove in the rod. I have needed longer ones as well, and this way I can just buy some hex stock and make my own.