PDA

View Full Version : Paging Magicmountaindan

luvmyboat
10-14-2004, 09:01 PM
(quote) Yeah, sure, your post wasn't intended to "start a political war" but you knew it would because of the picture and your remarks. Subtle (not!).
Why don't you post a composite photo of the nearly 3,000 innocent people, Americans and others, who were slaughtered in the 9/11 attacks in New York, Washington, DC, and Shanksville, PA?!
They're the ones who were killed while on their way to work, at work or off to visit their friends, families and loved ones. They're the reason our soldiers are off fighting a war to protect the rest of us, the nearly 300 million people in this country who are alive, enjoying our precious freedom every day.
Yeah, like you said, "A picture is worth a thousand words. Or in this case, hundreds (thousands) of lives." So why not post the pictures of the nearly 3,000 innocents who died on 9/11! Then you can make your political commentary (in words and picture) and tell us you aren't intending on "starting a political war."
You're clearly another left-wing liberal with no sense of perspective or balance. I'm sure of one thing - you're voting for Kerry.
I mainly lurk here, watching the fun. I come home from work today and my wife shows me a picture that fascinated her and that she posted in a thread. She tells me that she also included the remarks *that came with the email that included the picture*. Now, I have been as guilty as the next man of not thinking thru what something might be inturpereted as....and maybe she didn't forsee the way the post might be taken, BUT, to then assume (you did) what the intent was and go on attack mode just wasn't called for. I think most of our trouble today stems from people going into attack mode too fast (I am speaking of personal matters, not the war) instead of giving someone the oppourtunity to clarify their intent or meaning. I am going to assume that the issue hit a nerve and you reacted.............but maybe you were wrong in your *assumptions*. You owe her an apology. If you care to respond without flaming, I will read and consider your response. If you attack me for my stating a thought, my opinion of you will decline.

Tom Brown
10-14-2004, 09:11 PM
...people going into attack mode too fast [snip] instead of giving someone the oppourtunity to clarify their intent or meaning.
There are many ways to interpret the post your wife made. If anyone has earned the benefit of the doubt, your wife has. IMO, she has earned the benefit of a hundred doubts by conducting herself with class and grace. I have a lot of respect for her as a person.
There have been many conflicts in this community and I'm sure there will be many more. In this case, I don't think it is as personal as it seems. Everyone is a little on edge about the election and the war.
Regards,
Tom Brown

MagicMtnDan
10-14-2004, 09:53 PM
Thanks for your post and I commend you for stating your opinion and for sticking up for your wife.
And Kudos to Tom Brown for saying something nice too.
I'm not above apologizing but in this case I really don't see a reason to. Your wife's post clearly looked and read like it was her opinion even if it was something she copied and pasted from somewhere else. What exactly did I say that you think I should apologize for?
I reacted unfavorably to her post and to the picture. I personally think it's a tasteless use of American soldier heroes and I think that if one of those were your son or daughter you'd feel differently about using those pictures that way.
I'm sure you and your wife are terrific people but I just don't happen to agree with her post and I'm glad I said what I did because it's how I feel.
Now, if you will, answer me this, is she going to vote for Kerry just like I said she is? :notam:

luvmyboat
10-14-2004, 10:20 PM
You're clearly another left-wing liberal with no sense of perspective or balance. I'm sure of one thing - you're voting for Kerry.
To answer your question, that was the part that I took offense to. I see no reason for nastiness and name calling. I do give you high marks for a reply that was well thought out and without venom. People can disagree and discuss issues civilly. (That word looks miss-spelled, I am tired) Also, for the record, I would describe my wife's political leaning as conservative, with a moderate flavor. It would be a surprise to me if she votes for Kerry, although we both see serious flaws with the present administration.
To Tom Brown, your kind words about my wife warmed my heart. A kinder, classier soul, I have yet to meet. **Of course, I have a hard time respecting anyone that would put up with me......THAT is her one big character flaw**
P.S. To MMtnDan; no hard feelings, I would probably buy you a drink and enjoy swapping stories, if the chance presented itself, I *tend* to get along with people. :rollside:

Ziggy
10-14-2004, 10:33 PM
I reacted unfavorably to her post and to the picture. I personally think it's a tasteless use of American soldier heroes and I think that if one of those were your son or daughter you'd feel differently about using those pictures that way.
:notam:
I disagree with you there Dan...if my son was killed in the line of duty I would proudly memoralize him displaying Patriotism, not want to hide it.
LMBoat
I also have only good things to say about your Mrs---I believe her words were and are always carefully chosen because it is feirce in here. I totally understood her meaning today but I believe it comes down to how some want to read it....

MsDrmr
10-15-2004, 07:10 AM
LMBoat
I also have only good things to say about your Mrs---I believe her words were and are always carefully chosen because it is feirce in here. I totally understood her meaning today but I believe it comes down to how some want to read it....
Ziggy
That was considerate of you, I think highly of you as well, and love to chat with you all. Some people just like to jump to conclusions and not take into consideration that some people are just what they seem to be.
I have no idea which way I plan on voting, I will tell you there are disadvantages either way, you view those and choose which you think will be the less of two evils. I am not a hard core republican/democrate...and people should use caution when labeling another person without knowing them.
thanks luvmyboat: preciate it

luvmyboat
10-15-2004, 07:54 AM
You thanked me already, sweetie.....Damn you're good!
Me

Speedin' Ian
10-15-2004, 07:57 AM
That is the problem with these boards, people can't go against the political grain without being flammed. Who cares if someone (whether she did or not) post something with a liberal flare, these boards are flooded with conservative post and you don't see democrats coming on here and flaming Republicans (I'm sure it happens, but not as often). Get a life people and stop flamming people for having different views than you do.

MsDrmr
10-15-2004, 08:50 AM
You thanked me already, sweetie.....Damn you're good!
Me
no problem,,,,hope you liked it :D

BarryMac
10-15-2004, 09:05 AM
no problem,,,,hope you liked it :D
Whatttt... :D :D :D
gjb

MsDrmr
10-15-2004, 09:37 AM
Whatttt... :D :D :D
gjb
don't worry bout that, after all I am pregnant with your baby according to the "I need help" thread

BarryMac
10-15-2004, 09:55 AM
don't worry bout that, after all I am pregnant with your baby according to the "I need help" thread
How big is your hubby? Depending on his size it may or may not be mine... :yuk:
the rev. gjb

luvmyboat
10-15-2004, 11:06 AM
How big is your hubby? Depending on his size it may or may not be mine... :yuk:
the rev. gjb
...how big am I.......they sometimes call me "tiny" :cry:

topless
10-15-2004, 11:09 AM
LMAO........................ I've seen ya and would NEVER call you that. :messedup:

MsDrmr
10-15-2004, 11:15 AM
not sure how they could do that??? :D (there is nothing small about someone who is almost 7ft