http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1917DSCF0009a.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1917DSCF0010a.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1917DSCF0011a.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1917DSCF0012a.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1917DSCF0013a.jpg

Second "PLACE"
10-15-2004, 07:45 AM
Thanks Mr. Pres..... I'm glad you've been able to assist the "Cyber-handicap"
this morning. We should be in the water soon, I'll send more pics soon.
The orange boat in the last pics has quite the interesting Exhaust huh? 82db! :D

racecar.hotshoe
10-15-2004, 07:46 AM
Thanks Mr. Pres..... I'm glad you've been able to assist the "Cyber-handicap"
this morning. We should be in the water soon, I'll send more pics soon.
The orange boat in the last pics has quite the interesting Exhaust huh? 82db! :DAnytime........ :coffeycup :D

Boozer
10-15-2004, 07:51 AM
Is that an Ultra 21 Deckboat?

Slib77
10-15-2004, 07:54 AM
I believe it is a Placecraft.
Nice boat Second "Place".Congrats.

Second "PLACE"
10-15-2004, 08:04 AM
Is that an Ultra 21 Deckboat?
It is a 22 PLACECRAFT Stepcat. :D

Second "PLACE"
10-15-2004, 08:05 AM
I believe it is a Placecraft.
Nice boat Second "Place".Congrats.
Thanks! Sure hope the "Second" one is as good as the "First" Placecraft was.
Can't wait to "RUN IT HARD" biggrin: :

dicudmore
10-15-2004, 08:06 AM
looking good there "Place" :cool:

Second "PLACE"
10-15-2004, 08:17 AM
looking good there "Place" :cool:
Only the best for us here in BEAUMONT! "You know how we do it"

phebus
10-15-2004, 08:25 AM
The orange boat in the last pics has quite the interesting Exhaust huh? 82db! :D
That is interesting. If they measured the decibels from behind the boat, unless you were directly in line behind the boat, either one side or the other would be "shadowed" by the boat, and I would think much quieter on the meter. Maybe the answer to noise, is not mufflers, but more creative ways in the exiting of the exhaust. :idea:

Second "PLACE"
10-15-2004, 08:48 AM
That is interesting. If they measured the decibels from behind the boat, unless you were directly in line behind the boat, either one side or the other would be "shadowed" by the boat, and I would think much quieter on the meter. Maybe the answer to noise, is not mufflers, but more creative ways in the exiting of the exhaust. :idea:
EXACTLY. Ron Hamilton at Placecraft says that the sound test is to be performed BEHIND the boat. That being the case, noise is minimal from this point at the transom. Also, IF the sound is tested as the boat is driving by
the LE performing the test, only ONE side of the exhaust puts out significant sound...
basicly only 4 cylinders being tested, hence the quiet sound. Also the exhaust is BELOW the water line which helps as well. The Stainless portion is
the muffler, but who knows, it may NOT even be needed.
The design is intersting no doubt, and it works.

dicudmore
10-15-2004, 08:52 AM
Only the best for us here in BEAUMONT! "You know how we do it"
that's it :cool:

FRENCHIE
10-15-2004, 09:01 AM
nice...now be patient until its done!!! :D :p

Second "PLACE"
10-15-2004, 09:04 AM
nice...now be patient until its done!!! :D :p
:p Oh yes, Patience....I've waited this long allready. (5 months) The rest is easy.

Racer277
10-15-2004, 09:09 AM
EXACTLY. Ron Hamilton at Placecraft says that the sound test is to be performed BEHIND the boat. That being the case, noise is minimal from this point at the transom. Also, IF the sound is tested as the boat is driving by
the LE performing the test, only ONE side of the exhaust puts out significant sound...
basicly only 4 cylinders being tested, hence the quiet sound. Also the exhaust is BELOW the water line which helps as well. The Stainless portion is
the muffler, but who knows, it may NOT even be needed.
The design is intersting no doubt, and it works.
One of the boats with us on the AMDR had a similiar setup. It was definetely a sleeper, open bow, but with a big block and exhuast exiting out the sides (above the water) through some stainless grates. Sounded good, but not nearly as loud as through transom above water (that seems to get amplified or focused by the water and the swim step). Don't know if it had mufflers, but from any angle you could only get sound from one bank at best. That thing moved too! If I find pics, I will post them. Sorry don't know who was driving.
There has to be solutions to these asinine laws. :boxingguy
Here's the boat:
http://www.riverratlife.com/galleries/04/attdr/boats/images/DSCN5844resize.jpg

Speedin' Ian
10-15-2004, 09:12 AM
What motor package did you go with and what kind of numbers are you expecting?

Second "PLACE"
10-15-2004, 09:26 AM
One of the boats with us on the AMDR had a similiar setup. It was definetely a sleeper, open bow, but with a big block and exhuast exiting out the sides (above the water) through some stainless grates. Sounded good, but not nearly as loud as through transom above water (that seems to get amplified or focused by the water and the swim step). Don't know if it had mufflers, but from any angle you could only get sound from one bank at best. That thing moved too! If I find pics, I will post them. Sorry don't know who was driving.
There has to be solutions to these asinine laws. :boxingguy
I agree. Kinda like the D-37 desert rule for motorcycles. If your bike is over 96db, you CAN'T race desert! (My 4 stroke is at 96, w/muffler, & less power).

Second "PLACE"
10-15-2004, 09:33 AM
What motor package did you go with and what kind of numbers are you expecting?
After long thought process, I went 496HO with a SPEEDMASTER lower drive.
496 instead of 500hp was a tough call, but when riding in 2 different
Placecraft hulls testing BOTH engine packages, they were running within 5-10
MPH of each other, around 74-80mph on GPS.
For the $ 496HO was my choice. The speedmaster drive is a 2 inch shorter unit than standard, and has a inch and a half propshaft. The reason for this is basicly to have a BEEFIER drive unit to handle the Whipple charger I plan to add later. :D
Numbers--- I'm in the $60,000 range so far.

Speedin' Ian
10-15-2004, 09:41 AM
Sounds good! Should make a real nice package. I wasn't asking how much your boat cost, I'm not that rude, but the price sounds very fair for what your getting.

Second "PLACE"
10-15-2004, 09:55 AM
Sounds good! Should make a real nice package. I wasn't asking how much your boat cost, I'm not that rude, but the price sounds very fair for what your getting.
No worries....fair question to ask, after all this IS a boating forum right?
Thanks for the compliments Ian.
One other note on this hull is if you have ever been in one, it turns completely FLAT! Feels crazy, but sure is smooth thru rough water.

Racer277
10-15-2004, 10:39 AM
I agree. Kinda like the D-37 desert rule for motorcycles. If your bike is over 96db, you CAN'T race desert! (My 4 stroke is at 96, w/muffler, & less power).
Yeah, i've lined up in D37 races behind you guys, you're 4 strokes are LOUD. :supp:
But, it's the dezert, who cares?
Remember when they used to complain about our 2 strokes being too loud?

Second "PLACE"
10-15-2004, 10:44 AM
Yeah, i've lined up in D37 races behind you guys, you're 4 strokes are LOUD. :supp:
But, it's the dezert, who cares?
Remember when they used to complain about our 2 strokes being too loud?
Yes I do.....they ALSO bitched about the smoke from the pre-mix, so everyone went to 4 stroke technology. NOW we're to loud. Next we'll be too fast-- THEN we'll be too dangerous. What next? Sure don't want this to have
too much of a negative impact on the water too!

Racer277
10-15-2004, 10:49 AM
Yes I do.....they ALSO bitched about the smoke from the pre-mix, so everyone went to 4 stroke technology. NOW we're to loud. Next we'll be too fast-- THEN we'll be too dangerous. What next? Sure don't want this to have
too much of a negative impact on the water too!
Next the 125 class will be filled with 250's and the 250 class will be filled with 450's.... :hammer2:
Oh, that's already happened. :umm:
Sorry to jack the thread, check the other thread.

OutCole'd
10-15-2004, 11:02 AM
Congrats on the new boat. I really like that model.