PDA

View Full Version : Headers?

NewGuy
10-15-2004, 11:05 AM
I have a '04 Suburban 6.0 with flowmasters and K&N. Any help picking out headers would be greatly appreciated.

ADDICTED
10-15-2004, 11:56 AM
I would suggest Gibson for reasons that only people who now me will no. But make sure they are a thick guage. 16 guage stainless or 14 guage chrome plated. If you do not plan on keeping the vehicle for more then4-5 years. Chrome will be fine. Otherwise I would recomend Stainless because of a lifetime warranty.
Try www.power-usa.com

sigepmock
10-15-2004, 12:03 PM
I have an 03 2500HD with the 6.0L and had a friend who used to work :yuk: for Gibson install a set of ceramic coated "The Other Guys" mid length headers and I noticed a definate performance and milage increase and the ceramic coating is no/low maintenance. I think I paid $650 installed. The guy does custom header and exhaust work on the side. If you want I can get you a price. Good Luck.
Chris

Jordy
10-15-2004, 12:16 PM
I would suggest Gibson for reasons that only people who now me will no. But make sure they are a thick guage. 16 guage stainless or 14 guage chrome plated. If you do not plan on keeping the vehicle for more then4-5 years. Chrome will be fine. Otherwise I would recomend Stainless because of a lifetime warranty.
Try www.power-usa.com
I was thinking the same thing. We just got a set in for a customer at work and they're really good looking headers. Don't think you can go wrong. ;)

Lightning
10-15-2004, 12:22 PM
Whichever headers you choose, just make sure the flanges on them are nice and thick. For trucks, I really like "The Other Guys", Thorley, and Bassani.

switchin'addiction
10-17-2004, 07:51 AM
Just what these guys said look for thick gauge, thick flanges, stainless or ceramic coat, and my suggestion is to look at a set of shorty headers that you can get as a direct replacement for your stock manifolds. Hell of a lot cheaper than redoing your entire exhaust. I recently put a pair on my tow rig (direct replacement) & noticed an immediate difference. Paid right around $320 for stainless, and took me about 2 hours to swap them out.
Good luck.

HighRoller
10-20-2004, 10:09 AM
Who's "the other guys"? JBA?

Lightning
10-20-2004, 10:17 AM
The Other Guys (http://www.gtpse.com/tog/)

dc96819
10-20-2004, 06:36 PM
Dough Thorleys
Dont waste the $ on short tubes :hammer2:

HighRoller
10-21-2004, 08:39 AM
I heard the JBA's were the shiznit but expensive.

JetBoatRich
10-21-2004, 09:51 AM
Dough Thorleys
I put a set on my Motorhome two years ago :cool: it was to solve the exhaust manifold warping problems :eek: have not had a problem since :cool: by the way it is a Chevy Chasis

Lightning
10-21-2004, 02:56 PM
Dough Thorleys
I had a set of those on a Suburban that I used to own. They went on the replace to POS Edelbrocks that I originally put on there.

NewGuy
11-02-2004, 10:46 AM
I am now looking at a set at AZ Speed & Marine that they custom make themselves. All heat treated and such, about $750 with lifetime warranty. I just added the Hypertech along with the Flowmasters and K&N. How much difference are the headers going to make????

dc96819
11-02-2004, 11:47 AM
You will feel the difference.On the 5.3 they need a little welding on installation.
Dough Thorleys and AZ Speed & Marine looks identical.The price is.
Get the predator for the programmer from http://www.runninwiththedevil.com/
they can do a custome tune for you and theres lots more options or
http://www.hptuners.com/
if you have the time to mess with paramaters.