PDA

View Full Version : Thanks Frenchie

SHOCKWAVETOM
10-16-2004, 10:25 AM
I picked up the boat yesterday at Savage after service and wnet straight to Big O to change out those GD cheap ass stems on the tires. They were all ready to just fall off. I bet I would not have gotten back to BHC without another blowout.
Thanks for the advice Frenchie. Good idea and I will be talking to Extreme next week about a replacement tire.

FRENCHIE
10-16-2004, 10:45 AM
I picked up the boat yesterday at Savage after service and wnet straight to Big O to change out those GD cheap ass stems on the tires. They were all ready to just fall off. I bet I would not have gotten back to BHC without another blowout.
Thanks for the advice Frenchie. Good idea and I will be talking to Extreme next week about a replacement tire.
10-4 :) :wink:

Kachina26
10-16-2004, 12:40 PM
Glad I didn't get one of those Extreme blowout trailers with my boat.

OOfatso
10-16-2004, 12:42 PM
So whats up with Extreme trailers....Not as good as they say they are? :(

Kilrtoy
10-16-2004, 01:07 PM
5 years worth of river trips before i got a blow out. I should have changed the tire is was very worn .
I dont understand why so many people have problems. I think it is lack of care....
Under inflation over inflation
failing to rotate
and all those good things :D :D

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
10-16-2004, 01:15 PM
5 years worth of river trips before i got a blow out. I should have changed the tire is was very worn .
I dont understand why so many people have problems. I think it is lack of care....
failing to rotate
I hope you take care of your tires better than your trailer
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1616Picture_004-med.jpg

Parker Dreamin
10-16-2004, 01:16 PM
As with anything you need to take care of them to run and operate good... What problems are people having with Extreme trailers ?

OOfatso
10-16-2004, 01:38 PM
I have a Exteme triple axle and the only problem that I have had is wearing out the front and rear tires because of sharp turns. I will need to get a new set next year cause the ones that I have now would make good dune buggy tires for the sand. Shoot I only drive 7 miles to get fuel, but it is the backing the boat into my carport that tears them up!
:idea: :idea: :idea:

Kachina26
10-16-2004, 02:01 PM
The problem is only with a few trailers from earlier this year. It is not the tires, but them valve stems. The way to tell if you have the defective ones is to look at the valve stem cap. If it says Germany on it, then you have the bad ones and they need replaced. Call Extreme.
Thanx for the info. I was just playing around earlier, although I did know of some folks that had more than one flat due to the valve stems.

SHOCKWAVETOM
10-16-2004, 03:39 PM
failing to rotate
Mine is new, very little trailering and well maintained like all my toys. It boils down to cheap valve stems being used which makes no sense what-so-ever to me. Another $2-$4 by Extreme solves the problem. WTF! Spend the extra money Extreme and tack it on the cost of the trailer if you are that concerned about bottom line issues.