PDA

View Full Version : 110 Octange Gas?

WetWillie
10-17-2004, 01:40 PM
Were do I find it in Havi? Can I get it on the water?? I spoke to Teague and I need to run it to take the pully up and get 1200 out of this pig!
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/318Motor.jpg
This baby is thirsty!
Oh whats it cost per gallon? I pay about $2.60 for 100 Octange from Herbst.
W

plaster dave
10-17-2004, 01:44 PM
Most guys bring it with them, in 55 gallon drum. vp fuels is allways good gas, I dont know of any distibutors in your area.

WetWillie
10-17-2004, 01:48 PM
Bring it with me???
In the land of performance boats I need to bring my own gas? Holy shiet thats like bringing my own water?
I cant imagine hauling 55 gallon drums out there? May have to stick to 100. How about Octane booster?
W :idea:

Charley
10-17-2004, 01:55 PM
Oh no!!! he's in his engine compartment!!!!
And he thinks he needs smaller pullies!!!

plaster dave
10-17-2004, 01:57 PM
It's mest up I agree maybe someone that lives in havi. might know where to get some, but im pretty sure there is no 110 octane on the water anywhere.
I know some people that use the octane boost but if you read the bottle it's only for 20 gallons or less so your putting in like 6 bottles for that dcb.
BTW I love your boat :D

WetWillie
10-17-2004, 02:03 PM
Hey I was in there for a picture not a couple of wires coming off!!
WEST SIDE!!!!!!
W :cool:

WetWillie
10-17-2004, 02:05 PM
Dave,
I may need to use some of that crap seems alot easier then hauling 150 gallons out there!
Thanks I appreciate the compliments.
W
It's mest up I agree maybe someone that lives in havi. might know where to get some, but im pretty sure there is no 110 octane on the water anywhere.
I know some people that use the octane boost but if you read the bottle it's only for 20 gallons or less so your putting in like 6 bottles for that dcb.
BTW I love your boat :D

Charley
10-17-2004, 02:06 PM
Hey I was in there for a picture not a couple of wires coming off!!
WEST SIDE!!!!!!
W :cool:
Thats the good news baby.... congrats man, that boat looks good on you ;)

DrewDown
10-17-2004, 02:08 PM
They have AV gas at parker fules off of Acoma. Not sure how much.

phebus
10-17-2004, 02:12 PM
Isn't that where they put the fuel fills? :D :D :D

Havasu Hangin'
10-17-2004, 03:02 PM
In Havasu, Union 76 is probably the best 100 Octane (by McDonalds).
Sundance (Exxon/Mobil) across the street from Napa sells 110...I think it was $4.29/gallon last weekend.

WetWillie
10-17-2004, 03:22 PM
Were is sundance!

Havasu Hangin'
10-17-2004, 03:29 PM
Were is sundance!
It's about a 3 wood from the bridge (if you're a big hitter).
I think it's on Lake Havasu Blvd N between Mesquite and Palo Verde. If you are coming north on 95 (from Parker), turn right on the first street past the bridge (Mesquite). Then turn left on the first street (Lake Havasu Blvd.), and it will be about 1/2 block down on the left.
They have a coin operated car wash, too- can't miss it.

WetWillie
10-17-2004, 07:08 PM
Larger pully Mr Big as I always say bigger is better!
When are you giving out the details of your new boat? Or are you taking off next season?
W

Bling Bling
10-17-2004, 09:22 PM
Wille, Parker oil in Parker has 110. I've got a hook up their and if you need it let me know. If you buy enough they will deliver to you, or Arron can get it to his shop. DO NOT RUN OCTANE BOOST, you have a real boat with a real motor. If you swap pulleys at least run av gas, talk to teague. You have a # 6, your a baller now dig into your pocket and don't skimp on fuel. It will only hurt in the long run. :D

Havasu Hangin'
10-18-2004, 03:49 AM
Wille, Parker oil in Parker has 110.
I'd be careful with Parker Oil. A couple guys (Hustler) burned up their motors from water in the av gas at Parker Oil.

WetWillie
10-18-2004, 06:37 AM
No baller here just an average shmoe trying to keep up with all you bastards. So let me get this straight you mix water with your AV gas :idea: I will talk to you about it this weekend if you DR guys are still going? I will do the pulley swap next season and not chance it trying to cram it in this weekend as I may not have enough time.
Ballers get there gas delivered to them average shmoes go shopping it. :supp:
I’m having lunch with Rocky today I am sure he will fill me in on haw big a baller you really are.
W
Wille, Parker oil in Parker has 110. I've got a hook up their and if you need it let me know. If you buy enough they will deliver to you, or Arron can get it to his shop. DO NOT RUN OCTANE BOOST, you have a real boat with a real motor. If you swap pulleys at least run av gas, talk to teague. You have a # 6, your a baller now dig into your pocket and don't skimp on fuel. It will only hurt in the long run. :D

Charley
10-18-2004, 06:42 AM
I’m having lunch with Rocky today I am sure he will fill me in on haw big a baller you really are.
W
Oh man.... I hope Jeff doesn't see this.... he is gonna start his week off all Jealous and pissy!

Three Days Only
10-18-2004, 07:56 AM
W
Not just a baller, he a fricken shot caller!!!

Bling Bling
10-18-2004, 02:38 PM
I'd be careful with Parker Oil. A couple guys (Hustler) burned up their motors from water in the av gas at Parker Oil.
Parker oil in Parker has race gas in 55 gallon drums. HH you talking about the av gas pumps in Havasu or Parker? Hey you wearing your skirt this weekend or shorts?

Bling Bling
10-18-2004, 02:54 PM
No baller here just an average shmoe trying to keep up with all you bastards. So let me get this straight you mix water with your AV gas :idea: I will talk to you about it this weekend if you DR guys are still going? I will do the pulley swap next season and not chance it trying to cram it in this weekend as I may not have enough time.
Ballers get there gas delivered to them average shmoes go shopping it. :supp:
W
Hey baller, I'm in this weekend. No mixing av gas and water. There was some rummors floating around about certain gas pumps with tanks having water in them in Havasu. Sounds like this Cig owner I know always making excuses why he can't keep up with the cats. If you want to be sure on the av gas, go to the airport. I know 4 a fact they have good gas. A guy like you, a hot wife, kool kids and a bitchin boat, I'm thinking 4 sure a baller! Tell BF to suck it.

MATTRSMAN
10-18-2004, 02:54 PM
Willie, you spent big money on your boat, motor, drive etc...
Run 7-8 lbs of boost, fill up at the 76 (AV Gas) next to the theaters and enjoy your ride, save the big ballin for the bedroom.
I have 1100 hp motors turned down to about 900 hp, with almost 100 hours, I have never taken the valve covers off. If I want to go fast I do for a very short period of time, then continue cruizing.
Tom at Pro Marine has saved me thousands by giving me this advise.
Good luck

jackpunx
10-18-2004, 02:57 PM
you might think about getting water separator.. :)

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
10-18-2004, 03:00 PM
In Havasu, Union 76 is probably the best 100 Octane (by McDonalds).
Sundance (Exxon/Mobil) across the street from Napa sells 110...I think it was $4.29/gallon last weekend.
Tritoon is looking real good

Havasu Hangin'
10-18-2004, 03:17 PM
Tom at Pro Marine has saved me thousands by giving me this advise.
That's what I heard. Apparently Tom tests the local gas, and Union 76 is consistantly on top...just what I heard.
HH you talking about the av gas pumps in Havasu or Parker?
The av gas pumps in Parker were suspect. Parker Oil admitted "they knew about the problem"...but fixed it after a couple guys burned up their engines.
I may be in Vegas this weekend (friend's birthday) instead of Havasu. I know you'll miss me, though... :hammer2:

Hustler
10-19-2004, 08:46 AM
As HH said stay away from the AV at Parker Oil. I killed 4 valves and cracked one head in three places because of there AV. Big Proppa's carbs looked liked they had been sitting in water for a year when he pulled them apart. Also they supply some one in Havasu with AV but I dont know the name of the station. When we called them to talk about the problem the girl who we spoke to said they knew they had a problem with there AV and to call back and talk to the owner, when we talked to owner he denied ever having any problem. :mad:

Three Days Only
10-19-2004, 08:55 AM
Union 76 or the Airport, its the safest bet in town. Except of course fresh sealed drums.

RiverDave
10-19-2004, 04:20 PM
As HH said stay away from the AV at Parker Oil. I killed 4 valves and cracked one head in three places because of there AV. Big Proppa's carbs looked liked they had been sitting in water for a year when he pulled them apart. Also they supply some one in Havasu with AV but I dont know the name of the station. When we called them to talk about the problem the girl who we spoke to said they knew they had a problem with there AV and to call back and talk to the owner, when we talked to owner he denied ever having any problem. :mad:
Parker Oil right across the bridge on the AZ side is a terrible herbst station isn't it?? I'm prtty sure it's owned by the Herbsts.. should be the same gas?
RD

andy01
10-19-2004, 04:31 PM
Parker Oil right across the bridge on the AZ side is a terrible herbst station isn't it?? I'm prtty sure it's owned by the Herbsts.. should be the same gas?
RD
Yes it is or it use to be..... I believe we heard it at the place :messedup: .
Andy

77charger
10-19-2004, 04:58 PM
you can buy the vp in 5 gallon containers also makes it easier to pour into boat.there are some good octane boosters that DO WORK.but they are pricey.best bet would be to get as much 110 into your tanks than take some 5 gal containers.we got them for our race boat over the 55 gallon drum since it stayed fresh til we used it(sealed containers)

WetWillie
10-19-2004, 06:55 PM
Rocky said I could park it next to Blings place at Crazy Horse!! :hammerhea
http://home.att.net/~flyace/Gas.gif
Dodge Refueler. Has two compartments each holding 600 gallons of fuel. Configured now to be operated as one 1,200 gallon tank. $4,750. Make offer.

Bling Bling
10-19-2004, 08:37 PM
I forgot. There's a liquor store down by Advantage boats that sells 110. I've heard mixed reports, but I've ran it and had no problems. That truck would be great. About 5 years back we tested some av gas from a Phillips 66 truck at Havasus airport and it was perfect.

Three Days Only
10-20-2004, 07:32 PM
Rocky said I could park it next to Blings place at Crazy Horse!! :hammerhea
http://home.att.net/~flyace/Gas.gif
Dodge Refueler. Has two compartments each holding 600 gallons of fuel. Configured now to be operated as one 1,200 gallon tank. $4,750. Make offer.
I got a hazmat endorsement to drive that pig from back in the day when I had the VP fuel distribution shit going.

CustomCruiser
10-21-2004, 04:16 PM
WW - I see you're in Scripps Ranch. Downs CFN in Temecula sells Sunoco Racing at the pump or in containers. It's located just off the 15 (Rancho Cal and Diaz) on your way to Havazoo.
Downs CFN (http://www.downs4fuel.com/dcfracing.htm)

WetWillie
10-25-2004, 09:42 PM
So if I go to Sundance is that considered AV gas? Do I need to mix any lub in there? I thought I heard AV gas was really dry and had little lubrication in it??
Just asking. :devil: :notam:
Bling how does the Sundance price match up to your price?
I would probably buy 100 gallons at a time??
WW

MATTRSMAN
10-26-2004, 08:37 AM
So if I go to Sundance is that considered AV gas? Do I need to mix any lub in there? I thought I heard AV gas was really dry and had little lubrication in it??
Just asking. :devil: :notam:
Bling how does the Sundance price match up to your price?
I would probably buy 100 gallons at a time??
WW
Willie, a few months back I red an article from Teague advising to put one quart of 50:1 oil for every 50 gallons of AV. I have been doing that ever since, it seemed to quiet down the valves (maybe my imagination)! Before that I would put 50% 92 Octane and 50% AV.
Good Luck.