PDA

View Full Version : kyoto treaty

bordsmnj
10-17-2004, 02:24 PM
this was posted the other day and i spread it all over the place on the web. to be shy about posting this in any and all mtor sport enthus. websites you participate in.
this was posted on a drag racing site nitromater.com,-
John Kerry mentioned in the first debate that he WILL sign the Kyoto Treaty as President. Little is being said about this but Maters need to know that economists have said this treaty will destroy most non-esential businesses (which would include drag racing). The treaty states that the United States will cut ALL energy related emissions by 1/3rd. What this will do is cause gas rationing or an extreemly high tax on gasoline. This will prevent race teams from being able to transit thier race cars to the race track which will force tracks to close and will leave racers no place to race their car. It will also doom the high performance parts industry.
President Bush has not and will not sign the Kyoto treaty because of the devistating effect it will have on business and the economy. I posted this here because you guys need to know whats instore if Kerry wins. I don't want to be typing on this site about the good old days three years from now. Pepole need to know this before the election not after. If there's a reason to vote it's this issue! This s hit will affect pleasure boating and big suv tow vehicles too!!!
here's more.-
The first line from Kerry is from an interview with Field & Stream magazine. The second is from Bush's website.
Kerry: Well you’ve got to enforce the emission standards. And you’ve got to fight with other countries to hold them accountable, too. That was the flaw with the Kyoto Treaty—the less developed countries were left out. And what goes up into the atmosphere in Asia can have an impact on a Montana, Wyoming, Oregon, or Washington lake just as much as anything else.
__________________________________________________ ______________
Ohio State Senator Jeff Armbruster: John Kerry Can't Hide From His Record
COLUMBUS, OH – Responding to John Kerry’s campaign travel in Ohio, State Senator Jeff Armbruster (R-North Ridgeville) today issued the following statement on John Kerry’s wrong ideas on the economy and the Kyoto treaty:
“John Kerry is trying to run from his record of higher taxes and more regulation on small business, but he can’t hide from it in Ohio. John Kerry’s policies are bad for business here in Northeast Ohio. We can’t grow our economy and create jobs with John Kerry’s economic plan of higher taxes for business and more government spending.
“John Kerry just doesn’t understand the issues of Ohio. If he did, he wouldn’t be embracing radical ideas like the Kyoto treaty and its overzealous environmental regulations that would strangle our local economy, and he wouldn’t oppose common sense legal reform and energy legislation designed to help small business owners and working families.”
and sand rails and rv's and anything else with a motor. the opinion part of this is extreme mabey but the fact part is cuase for concern.
-bordsmnj

Tom Brown
10-17-2004, 02:29 PM
Canada has signed the Kyoto accord and yet I'm still burning up the lakes with my premixed oil/fuel outboard and leaving a brilliant rainbow trail at idle.
We also have no noise regulations that I know of.
:)
Hey... why don't you guys move up here? :D

Steve 1
10-17-2004, 02:39 PM
What about China and India?? The WorldÂ’s major polluters ! They get a bye on this BTW China is the largest consumer of soft coal.

Sleek-Jet
10-17-2004, 02:41 PM
Canada has signed the Kyoto accord and yet I'm still burning up the lakes with my premixed oil/fuel outboard and leaving a brilliant rainbow trail at idle.
I don't like the health plan. :D

Jeanyus
10-17-2004, 06:29 PM
I don't like Canadian football.

Tom Brown
10-17-2004, 06:32 PM
I don't like Canadian football.
Nobody does.

Rexone
10-17-2004, 06:35 PM
I don't like freezin my ass off for 6 out of every 12 months.

10-17-2004, 06:51 PM
Hey... why don't you guys move up here? :DTom....they just haven't caught up with you guys yet.....Your time is coming :hammer2:

steelcomp
10-17-2004, 07:00 PM
What are your gun laws?

steelcomp
10-17-2004, 07:02 PM
What about China and India?? The WorldÂ’s major polluters ! They get a bye on this BTW China is the largest consumer of soft coal.
Don't forget the slimy little pit called Malaysia (sp?)

eliminatedsprinter
10-18-2004, 08:14 AM
Virtually all climatologists agree the Kyoto treaty has no chance of effecting global warming. It's a jesture that is more about economic re-distribution than about our climate. Even this treaty's proponents admit it won't influence climate change. They just give us the old "it's a start" line.....

Sleek-Jet
10-18-2004, 10:49 AM
Just something to think about also. Forget boating for a second. Most of our electricity is generated through the combustion of fossil fuels (coal, natural gas, oil), and almost all of the generation installed in the last couple years in natural gas. What do you suppose is going to happen to the cost of electricity if the Kyoto Protocol is signed by the US??

Tom Brown
10-18-2004, 12:47 PM
I don't like freezin my ass off for 6 out of every 12 months.
No? How about freezing it off 9 months out of every 12? :D
What are your gun laws?
Oh yeah... on second thought, you guys might not like it that much. We can't shoot pheasant with an AK-47. :D

eliminatedsprinter
10-18-2004, 03:58 PM
No? How about freezing it off 9 months out of every 12? :D
Oh yeah... on second thought, you guys might not like it that much. We can't shoot pheasant with an AK-47. :D
Not many can. That would be a tough shot unless your a ground sluther(sp?)
But then again, the second amendment's not about hunting, :wink: is it??

Blown 472
10-18-2004, 04:05 PM
this was posted the other day and i spread it all over the place on the web. to be shy about posting this in any and all mtor sport enthus. websites you participate in.
this was posted on a drag racing site nitromater.com,-
John Kerry mentioned in the first debate that he WILL sign the Kyoto Treaty as President. Little is being said about this but Maters need to know that economists have said this treaty will destroy most non-esential businesses (which would include drag racing). The treaty states that the United States will cut ALL energy related emissions by 1/3rd. What this will do is cause gas rationing or an extreemly high tax on gasoline. This will prevent race teams from being able to transit thier race cars to the race track which will force tracks to close and will leave racers no place to race their car. It will also doom the high performance parts industry.
President Bush has not and will not sign the Kyoto treaty because of the devistating effect it will have on business and the economy. I posted this here because you guys need to know whats instore if Kerry wins. I don't want to be typing on this site about the good old days three years from now. Pepole need to know this before the election not after. If there's a reason to vote it's this issue! This s hit will affect pleasure boating and big suv tow vehicles too!!!
here's more.-
The first line from Kerry is from an interview with Field & Stream magazine. The second is from Bush's website.
Kerry: Well you’ve got to enforce the emission standards. And you’ve got to fight with other countries to hold them accountable, too. That was the flaw with the Kyoto Treaty—the less developed countries were left out. And what goes up into the atmosphere in Asia can have an impact on a Montana, Wyoming, Oregon, or Washington lake just as much as anything else.
__________________________________________________ ______________
Ohio State Senator Jeff Armbruster: John Kerry Can't Hide From His Record
COLUMBUS, OH – Responding to John Kerry’s campaign travel in Ohio, State Senator Jeff Armbruster (R-North Ridgeville) today issued the following statement on John Kerry’s wrong ideas on the economy and the Kyoto treaty:
“John Kerry is trying to run from his record of higher taxes and more regulation on small business, but he can’t hide from it in Ohio. John Kerry’s policies are bad for business here in Northeast Ohio. We can’t grow our economy and create jobs with John Kerry’s economic plan of higher taxes for business and more government spending.
“John Kerry just doesn’t understand the issues of Ohio. If he did, he wouldn’t be embracing radical ideas like the Kyoto treaty and its overzealous environmental regulations that would strangle our local economy, and he wouldn’t oppose common sense legal reform and energy legislation designed to help small business owners and working families.”
and sand rails and rv's and anything else with a motor. the opinion part of this is extreme mabey but the fact part is cuase for concern.
-bordsmnj

Steve 1
10-18-2004, 05:59 PM
Not me I am a warm Earth guy give me two plactic Bags..Here is a Kyoto turd!
http://www.uploadyourimages.com/img/149933a_depressedal.jpg

Steve 1
10-18-2004, 06:12 PM
http://www.uploadyourimages.com/img/041506a_liberalism.jpg