PDA

View Full Version : Went on my road trip thru the I.E yesterday

jdogginla
10-17-2004, 03:53 PM
Put a day aside and went out to visit various boat dealers and what not.
Looked at Cobra.......nice set up, couple of nice boats. Their new 28' python is nice! Nice chill boat.....party cat/deck boat. Just not my cup o' tea. The 26' Razor is a nice rig too. The guys at the shop were helpful and seem pretty cool. The guys gave me the whole tour of the place.
Next stop was Dana.....Small shop, but was impressed. Although I looked around for a lil while with out any help, Bob, asked if I had any questions...I asked one question, and Bob took off from there. A ton of information, took me in the back showed me a few boats that are being done, and was a wealth of knowledge. Had nice things to say about other manufactures also. I may need to look into Dana a little more. I intially just stopped in because they were across from Cobra.
My third stop.......Ultra! Wooo hooo. Now I never really considered Ultra until I saw a used 27' shadow that they have for sale. I still have a hard on for it. I got there......and as expected spoke with John West. Cool Cat, he is. Answered all my questions......spoke highly of a few other boats, and was as helpful as could be. I'll be setting a test ride with him this month hopefully.
Fourth......Shockwave. Spoke with Dave there, I guess everyone else is on vacation for the weekend. Dave is kinda like Frenchie/Leon......a customer/owner of a Shockwave, but also a cheerleader who loves his boat. Saw their set up........the 25' seems bigger than a 25 for some reason. Nice boat, nice shop..........Dave is cool peeps. If they're all like that there, then I'm not sure if you can go wrong at that place.
Last stop of the day.......AfterShock. I just stopped by out of curiousity.....and well, I was in and out in no time. Grant it.......I wasn't buying a boat yesterday, but I am seriously in the market, and I wouldn't do as much as buy an accessory there! Nuff said.........I know some have had good expierences there, and some bad, but I'm just shopping and mine falls into the latter of that. I'd hate to see how I was treated if I owned one of em....LOL
Still on the looksie list........Essex, and Kachina. But Learned alot yesterday. Thanks for all that had some imput on where to visit.
:)

BajaMike
10-17-2004, 04:22 PM
Nice report....
I really like the 25' and 27' Cobra Razor that I have seen on the channel. Two things I like...the twin ice chests inside the mid cabin, and the bimini folds into the engine compartment (seems like a little thing but it's a nice feature).
27' Cobra Razor (http://cobraperformanceboats.com/270_razor_1.htm)
I like the 25' Shockwave Tremor, it does seem like a much bigger boat then it's 25 feet, and it really rides like a bigger boat.
I don't know much about the others....

LilHarley
10-17-2004, 04:36 PM
Sounds like a busy day! You saw a lot of the boat manufactures! It sounds like you missed Lavey Craft though. Hope your test ride with John goes well, very good people at Ultra! ;)

jdogginla
10-17-2004, 04:37 PM
I did miss Lavey.........they build a nice boat, but for some reason the styling of the boat just doesn't do it for me. So I chose to pass on them.... :wink:

FRENCHIE
10-18-2004, 05:08 AM
Looked at Cobra.......nice set up, couple of nice boats. Their new 28' python is nice! Nice chill boat.....party cat/deck boat. Just not my cup o' tea. The 26' Razor is a nice rig too. The guys at the shop were helpful and seem pretty cool. The guys gave me the whole tour of the place.
Next stop was Dana.....Small shop, but was impressed. Although I looked around for a lil while with out any help, Bob, asked if I had any questions...I asked one question, and Bob took off from there. A ton of information, took me in the back showed me a few boats that are being done, and was a wealth of knowledge. Had nice things to say about other manufactures also. I may need to look into Dana a little more. I intially just stopped in because they were across from Cobra.
My third stop.......Ultra! Wooo hooo. Now I never really considered Ultra until I saw a used 27' shadow that they have for sale. I still have a hard on for it. I got there......and as expected spoke with John West. Cool Cat, he is. Answered all my questions......spoke highly of a few other boats, and was as helpful as could be. I'll be setting a test ride with him this month hopefully.
Fourth......Shockwave. Spoke with Dave there, I guess everyone else is on vacation for the weekend. Dave is kinda like Frenchie/Leon......a customer/owner of a Shockwave, but also a cheerleader who loves his boat. Saw their set up........the 25' seems bigger than a 25 for some reason. Nice boat, nice shop..........Dave is cool peeps. If they're all like that there, then I'm not sure if you can go wrong at that place.
Last stop of the day.......AfterShock. I just stopped by out of curiousity.....and well, I was in and out in no time. Grant it.......I wasn't buying a boat yesterday, but I am seriously in the market, and I wouldn't do as much as buy an accessory there! Nuff said.........I know some have had good expierences there, and some bad, but I'm just shopping and mine falls into the latter of that. I'd hate to see how I was treated if I owned one of em....LOL
Still on the looksie list........Essex, and Kachina. But Learned alot yesterday. Thanks for all that had some imput on where to visit.
cool man...do all your homework..shop around!!! :cool:

redneckgirl
10-18-2004, 06:10 AM
We feel the same way as Dave and Leon about our little Step Skier!!!! We love our Shockwave and are looking forward to a bigger Shockwave in years to come... just can't decide on which one :jawdrop: :) Go back and have a visit with Barry!!! Good luck on your decision!!! :D :D
RNG

Mrs. casean
10-18-2004, 07:05 AM
We feel the same way as Dave and Leon about our little Step Skier!!!! We love our Shockwave and are looking forward to a bigger Shockwave in years to come... just can't decide on which one :jawdrop: :) Go back and have a visit with Barry!!! Good luck on your decision!!! :D :D
RNG
I'll buy yours Redneckgirl :) When you're ready lol...

redneckgirl
10-18-2004, 08:23 AM
That is funny!!! I just posted on the other thread Shockwave Step Skier...We love ours!!! We will wait till the kids get bigger... they like to do the water sports!!!
RNG

FRENCHIE
10-18-2004, 10:01 AM
BUT WHO'S GONNA BUY MINE.....IF WE GO 29'.........NEXT SUMMER TIME!!?? :D :hammer2: :p :p

Mrs. casean
10-18-2004, 10:05 AM
BUT WHO'S GONNA BUY MINE.....IF WE GO 29'.........NEXT SUMMER TIME!!?? :D :hammer2: :p :p
I know we can't afford yours... I'd have to get two jobs! And it would only sit pretty in the driveway... :( lol

Mrs. casean
10-18-2004, 10:06 AM
That is funny!!! I just posted on the other thread Shockwave Step Skier...We love ours!!! We will wait till the kids get bigger... they like to do the water sports!!!
RNG
I like just what you got... perfect family boat, size too... for us at least :)

jdogginla
10-18-2004, 06:39 PM
Saw a 29 that was close to be being done......nice big boat! :hammer2:

Kilrtoy
10-18-2004, 06:44 PM
WHY WAIT, you can buy mine NOW :D

Mrs. casean
10-18-2004, 06:47 PM
WHY WAIT, you can buy mine NOW :D
Nice try Kilrtoy :D If I had the $ coming in now we'd buy it! Still workin part time till May :( maybe next year!

voodoomedman
10-18-2004, 06:49 PM
your post said it all. "wooooo hooooooooo"!
GO WITH ULTRA :D

jdogginla
10-18-2004, 07:15 PM
your post said it all. "wooooo hooooooooo"!
GO WITH ULTRA :D
Ultra, Shockwave......Shockwave, Ultra........Ultra, Shockwave.........wait no Kachina! I'll eventually figure it out.....lol
This is worse than when i bought i my car! F.u.c.k this sucks