PDA

View Full Version : great day @ the races

eraser
10-17-2004, 04:19 PM
well Old sangerbuoy and I just got home from running his canyon for the first time at ming. what a blast!!! :) :cool: we had a lot of fun the boat ran great and old sangerbuoy did a pretty good job of drivin for his first time on a timed course. not bad for a couple of knuckleheads :hammerhea :hammerhea everyone there was very helpful. so a big thanks to all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cool: :cool: :cool:

BILLY.B
10-17-2004, 04:31 PM
well Old sangerbuoy and I just got home from running his canyon for the first time at ming. what a blast!!! :) :cool: we had a lot of fun the boat ran great and old sangerbuoy did a pretty good job of drivin for his first time on a timed course. not bad for a couple of knuckleheads :hammerhea :hammerhea everyone there was very helpful. so a big thanks to all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cool: :cool: :cool: C'MON CHIEF what were the #'S ???????. Bobby, Connor, The "BOLT NAZI", and myself were there yesterday until the wind came up. Wish I would of remembered that Greg was going to run. How did the Boat -hore GURU do today??????.

Ex PSI Canyon
10-17-2004, 04:39 PM
How did the old Canyon Run?

Sangster
10-17-2004, 05:46 PM
Good to hear all went well Scott.... I'm sure glad I'm not Greg's First customer tomorrow morning... :D :D :D

Sangerboy
10-17-2004, 07:48 PM
C'MON CHIEF what were the #'S ???????.
8.70's @ 120 mph :D Had a great time and the boat ran well. I took it a little easy being my first time and all ;) so I'm sure that the boat has another 2 or 3 tenths in it and I'm sure the driver with a little more seat time has another couple of tenths so I'm hoping with this package low 8's in the upper 120's. As eraser said a big thanks to all who were so helpful. Biggest rookie mistake- forgetting to put the lanyard and kill switch cap onto the new chute jacket and realizing it while in the launch line ( thanks to eraser's public servant physical training -jogging back to the pit to retrieve it and not passing out on the way back.) Second knucklehead move- trying to put the jacket on upside down-- just couldn't figure out where those leg straps were going to go........... All in all a great time, looking forward to the next meet.

Morg
10-17-2004, 07:55 PM
8.70 @ 120 !!! Holly Crap.
"first time out" "Took it easy"
You are even cooler than the dentist Steve Martin played in little shop of horrors. :idea:

Fired Up
10-17-2004, 08:34 PM
ATA BOY Greg!
Nice numbers for a darn rookie. You have a bigger set of cavities hangin' than any other dentist I know. Wish I could've been there.
Fired up

GofastRacer
10-18-2004, 05:00 AM
Congrats Greg, very impressive for the first time out!.. :cool: :cool: :cool:

Hud
10-18-2004, 06:37 AM
Way to go Greg,....C'mon! :cool:

Schiada76
10-18-2004, 07:23 AM
Congrtaulations Greg!
When do I get a "makeup" ride? No way we were doing 120 when you took me for a pass! :D

superdave013
10-18-2004, 07:25 AM
Pertty bad ass sangerboy!!
BTW, smalls ran in the 8.20's his first time out. lol (I had to toss that out there just outta shear meaness :D )

Sangerboy
10-18-2004, 07:43 AM
Pertty bad ass sangerboy!!
BTW, smalls ran in the 8.20's his first time out.
Oh well, guess it's time for the juice, I'll just snag a tank or two from the office, ya know that medical grade stuff..... a little extra power............

HBjet
10-18-2004, 07:47 AM
Was your boat the blue flatty with a painted scoop to match running in the RR class? If so, that is one beautiful boat and congrats on the numbers!
HBjet

Cs19
10-18-2004, 08:31 AM
I know the boat HB is talking about, yes it is beautiful.. DJDplacecraft ran him first round I believe.. I watched from the rope, that was one of my favorite runs from the weekend.
Although watching Ace of Spades leave the line right next to me was cool too.

Brendellaracin
10-18-2004, 11:21 AM
Hey Greg GREAT numbers :rollside: :rollside: That's awsum !!
Keep up the good work. Hopefully next year we can come
down and run with ya.
See Ya ! Marty & Cheri :cool: ;)

Sangerboy
10-18-2004, 12:03 PM
Was your boat the blue flatty with a painted scoop to match running in the RR class? If so, that is one beautiful boat and congrats on the numbers!
HBjet
No I ran him in the 2nd round and he beat me but redlighted. Mine is the red boat with white and yellow flames on the front.

Speedin' Ian
10-18-2004, 12:21 PM
That is great Sangerboy!!! You must be thrilled, I know I would be.
Well we were going to stick with the small blower on the new motor, but you ruined any chance of that :cry: . I guess we're going to have to step up to a 12 or 14 to keep up with the Jones. :) Congrats again!!

HBjet
10-18-2004, 12:27 PM
No I ran him in the 2nd round and he beat me but redlighted. Mine is the red boat with white and yellow flames on the front.
Do you have a photo? I remember every boat I see... and I'm sure I saw it because that does sound familiar.
HBjet

Sangerboy
10-18-2004, 05:04 PM
Do you have a photo?
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/411launch-med.jpg
different pipes on the boat now though

djdtpr
10-18-2004, 07:14 PM
I dont think that i ran that fltty i paired up with two of them and beat them both but only due to cutting a decent light.Both ran more mph and faster et than me.

Mrs.Racer277
10-19-2004, 10:56 AM
Do you have a photo? I remember every boat I see... and I'm sure I saw it because that does sound familiar.
HBjet
Great meeting you Saturday. Will you be back in November? We are going to try to make it.

slowpoke
10-19-2004, 11:15 AM
Nice numbers Greg. Leave a little in the bottle for my appt. next week. Tks.

sdpm
10-19-2004, 02:03 PM
We are still looking for a female driver to drive the #737 HIGH MAINTENANCE hydro. Both #030 and #737 had some pretty " OFF " reaction times. Just kidding? :) Mike T. did a great job as always. Well maybe not so great for " BIG RED". Sorry hammer! :cry: See you at the next race. Neil

Dragboat Dad
10-19-2004, 02:38 PM
Wow that's great Greg! It makes haulin' all those parts out that long ass country road to your house worth while.

Mrs.Racer277
10-19-2004, 03:04 PM
We are still looking for a female driver to drive the #737 HIGH MAINTENANCE hydro. Both #030 and #737 had some pretty " OFF " reaction times. Just kidding? :) Mike T. did a great job as always. Well maybe not so great for " BIG RED". Sorry hammer! :cry: See you at the next race. Neil
Mike said I had to bring my own helmet so I let him know I will have it with me in November.
Do they still let you guys practice Thursday am before the race?
Nice meeting you Saturday.
Dia

sdpm
10-19-2004, 03:52 PM
The bakersfield race is just a fri-sat deal. No test and tune. The phoenix race is a 4 day race. Im quite sure thurs will be a test and tune. It looks like they might even start eliminations on sat. Are you going to phoenix? We never got to meet luvnlife! :cry: Maybe next time. Have fun and try to stay dry? Neil

Mrs.Racer277
10-19-2004, 04:58 PM
The bakersfield race is just a fri-sat deal. No test and tune. The phoenix race is a 4 day race. Im quite sure thurs will be a test and tune. It looks like they might even start eliminations on sat. Are you going to phoenix? We never got to meet luvnlife! :cry: Maybe next time. Have fun and try to stay dry? Neil
No Phoenix for us. But I think the Luvnlife's will be there. I will tell them to look you up. I am working on getting them back here in November though so you guys can hook up then if they come. :D
I was hoping for my ride on Thursday. Darn. ;) :supp:
See you guys soon.

rvrjunkie
10-19-2004, 08:50 PM
( thanks to eraser's public servant physical training -jogging back to the pit to retrieve it and not passing out on the way back.) .
Now that would be something to see. ;)

Mrs Luvnlife
10-20-2004, 07:33 AM
Hey SDPM....I don't usually hit this forum area, but we'll be at the IHBA races...you gonna be there?? We're not going to be in a motorhome spot, we'll be in the stands, but we spend alot of time in the pits....we'll definitely stop by if you're gonna be there.....give us an idea of who ya are, so we know who to look for!! :rollside: Hoping for a 'no rain' weekend!!! :hammer2: :D

sdpm
10-20-2004, 09:05 AM
Hi Luv, I own the #737 " HIGH MAINTENANCE " hydro that Mike Torgerson drives. He is also driving the # 030 boat. We met Racer 277 and she said that you were there somewhere? She wants to drive the boat!! :2purples: From what I saw if given the chance she probley would too! Yes if everything go's as planned and if we can slow the boat down at the next bakersfield race we will be there. Talk to you soon. Neil

sdpm
10-20-2004, 09:07 AM
I have some pic's of Mike and the boat in the immage ctr but don't know how to get them here? I hate this crap!!!

Rexone
10-20-2004, 09:33 AM
I have some pic's of Mike and the boat in the immage ctr but don't know how to get them here? I hate this crap!!!
Neil read the pic posting announcement at the top of this forum. It spains it. :smile:

Rexone
10-20-2004, 09:34 AM
Sangerboy great run. congrats. :smile:

sdpm
10-20-2004, 10:54 AM
Neil read the pic posting announcement at the top of this forum. It spains it. :smile:
Hi Mike, still can't get it to work? When I right click there is nothing that says properties? Can you call me at the shop. Thanks Neil

Sangerboy
10-20-2004, 11:46 AM
here's a pic from the race
http://www.dragboats.com/images/gallery/04_10_NJBA_5707_A.jpg

boat030
10-20-2004, 01:39 PM
here you go Neil this looked like the best one.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/524/1935njba4.jpg

sdpm
10-20-2004, 01:56 PM
Thanks Mike, at least your good for something. Did you see the pic's on drag boats? Great shots. Those were the ones I was trying to get here. I think the clocks were off. Your reaction times were way off and so were all of the other guys that always cut great lights. O well.

LUVNLIFE
10-20-2004, 02:27 PM
Hi Luv, I own the #737 " HIGH MAINTENANCE " hydro that Mike Torgerson drives. He is also driving the # 030 boat. We met Racer 277 and she said that you were there somewhere? She wants to drive the boat!! :2purples: From what I saw if given the chance she probley would too! Yes if everything go's as planned and if we can slow the boat down at the next bakersfield race we will be there. Talk to you soon. Neil
Hey Niel I did meet you. Race before last at Bakersfield Mike introduced us at your pit. We were there briefly. We'll meet up again and have intros. Cale

sdpm
10-20-2004, 03:59 PM
http://dragboats.com/images/gallery/04_10_NJBA_5605_737.jpg
Sorry I can't remember meeting you. But we will sooner or later. This is a pretty cool shot if it comes out and I did it right. Thanks Mike( Rexone) Neil

boatslayer
10-20-2004, 04:47 PM
http://dragboats.com/images/gallery/04_10_NJBA_5605_737.jpg
Sorry I can't remember meeting you. But we will sooner or later. This is a pretty cool shot if it comes out and I did it right. Thanks Mike( Rexone) Neil
dang mike (boat030), u make that boat look like that boat is halling ass with those flames on ur helment ,,, haha , just messin with ya mike , ur a good driver ,
that boat looks sweet at 157mph,,,, im so mad i didnt make it this last weekend ,,, hey u think u can talk neil into leting me drive for my bday :D ,haha ,,i wish ,,
we will defanatly make it to the races on the 6thand 7th
because its my bday

Mrs.Racer277
10-20-2004, 06:02 PM
here you go Neil this looked like the best one.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/524/1935njba4.jpg
Oh My 157 mph. :jawdrop: Do I get to go that fast? :D

boat030
10-20-2004, 06:22 PM
how about 159?? and that was on a bad pass I didn't hit third gear until the mph lights at the finish line so actually you should be preparing for 160 plus, you better familiarize yourself with where the chute lever is.

boatslayer
10-20-2004, 06:29 PM
damn mike did u lose some weight :D , haha , just joking with ya ,
man that is cooking , that boat is ganna be able to keep up with bling
haha

sdpm
10-20-2004, 06:58 PM
Hey Mike, Mrs 277 is from bakersfield is see. Maybe see knows where that other bar is that we heard about? As I understood it they have a photo album filled with polaroids. You walk in, walk up to the bar lift your blouse and wha-la. YOUR FAMOUS! :eek:

boatslayer
10-20-2004, 06:59 PM
Hey Mike, Mrs 277 is from bakersfield is see. Maybe see knows where that other bar is that we heard about? As I understood it they have a photo album filled with polaroids. You walk in, walk up to the bar lift your blouse and wha-la. YOUR FAMOUS! :eek:
haha that nice neil

boat030
10-20-2004, 07:12 PM
I don't know if we need too know about anymore bars in bakersfield although that one does sound interesting

sdpm
10-20-2004, 07:21 PM
No, I think this is one that we DO need to know about. Not that I go to bars or anything? You did look a little rough on sat. A.M. . Did you feel as bad as you looked?

Mrs.Racer277
10-20-2004, 07:26 PM
Can't help you on the bar. Sorry never heard of it. But, I will ask around.
You need to ask unforgiven he would be the expert on that I think. :D

boat030
10-20-2004, 07:30 PM
yeah unforgiven is probably an expert on this subject.

sdpm
10-20-2004, 07:30 PM
It was something with IRISH in it's name I think? Like Irish Pub or Irish Inn . Don't remember.

Mrs.Racer277
10-20-2004, 07:32 PM
how about 159?? and that was on a bad pass I didn't hit third gear until the mph lights at the finish line so actually you should be preparing for 160 plus, you better familiarize yourself with where the chute lever is.
WOW!!!!
And I got all excitited last race when I saw 165 mph and he had to pull the chute. :) :rollside:
My husband just informed me we met you and your family on the 2nd Dam Run. It was at the first stop and he pulled up next to you and asked if your boat was the one that did 141 mph and you told him your boat would not do more than 127 mph but you said you had the family at the time. :)
Ok I am ready for the next race Helmet is in the car. :wink:

Mrs.Racer277
10-20-2004, 07:36 PM
yeah unforgiven is probably an expert on this subject.
Did he ever show up??? I have not heard from him this week. :confused:

sdpm
10-20-2004, 07:37 PM
:2purples: WOW!!!!
And I got all excitited last race when I saw 165 mph and he had to pull the chute. :) :rollside:
My husband just informed me we met you and your family on the 2nd Dam Run. It was at the first stop and he pulled up next to you and asked if your boat was the one that did 141 mph and you told him your boat would not do more than 127 mph but you said you had the family at the time. :)
Ok I am ready for the next race Helmet is in the car. :wink:
You SCARE me :2purples:

Mrs.Racer277
10-20-2004, 07:42 PM
It was something with IRISH in it's name I think? Like Irish Pub or Irish Inn . Don't remember.
Murphy's Tavern? Tam O'Shanter? Riley's? Dugan's? Just a guess.
Why do I scare?
Don't worry I scare my husband too.
Ask him sometime about me racing Auto Cross!?!? :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :D