PDA

View Full Version : CARRERA VS. FORCE!!!

RACE4GLORY
03-13-2002, 09:09 PM
I think that Carrera makes a much better boat than Force.
[This message has been edited by RACE4GLORY (edited March 16, 2002).]

bigq
03-13-2002, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by RACE4GLORY:
The reason why force can supply the boat for such a cheap price is because they splashed Carrera. Actually Johnny Ray splashed Carrera's 257 Effect X and Brad over at Force took the mold from Johnny when they went their separate ways (Johnny caught Brad hitting on his wife. OOPS Sorry BRAD!). You ask how I know that they splashed Carrera, I WAS IN THE SHOP WHEN JOHNNY RAY DE-RIGGED THE CARRERA AND FLIPPED IT UP SIDE DOWN!!! Not only did I see the boat up side down, but I watched the guys in Rayson-Craft lay glass over the bottom to make the mold. Yeah Right the Force bottom is not a Carrera!
Another reason why Force can sell their boats so cheap (besides being able to get a mold at 1/10 of the cost of tooling) is they make their boats like crap. They basically use a chopper gun (not exactly) but their laminate work is crap, they use cheap materials and they use 1/2 of the materials that Carrera does. Overall the Carrera is a much better boat!
Raceforglory,
wheather force splashed or not is one thing, but to come on and fling that shit around is another.First, if they were using half the material I think someone would notice, like maybe Powerboat mag or ***boat mag.Second, I have been to the factory twice, once when they just started producing the boats and from looking at the different stages the boats were in they don't appear to be lacking material anywhere.You must be pissed at Force for something and heard from someone about this discussion, then come on here and register today, and start bashing the company.I don't buy it for a second. Who do you work for Rayson Craft?

Blown Sleek
03-14-2002, 02:15 AM
F.Y.I Rayson Craft guys and Force guys in general are buddies as far as I know. I also know that Rudy Ramos (hope I spelled his name correct) would not have promoted any kind of bashing. As far as I know he was quite a sportsman. As far as Force boats goes they have shown nothing new to me. I think when it was said they use only half the materials it was to say they do not put into the boat what Carerra does. (time quality materials, pride!!) Glasstron, and bayliner sell great boats and plenty of them!! When I want a production simple boat made in mass for the masses I will go there!! When I want quality,pride and a great company I will not go to those who splash or lie to me about their experience or expertise!! Lets all pay carerra and the others for the time they took in making our sport better by buying their quality product.
This is all my oppinion and I have nothing to do with either company in any way.
Enough said.

bigq
03-14-2002, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by Blown Sleek:
F.Y.I Rayson Craft guys and Force guys in general are buddies as far as I know.
Blown Sleek,
The guy said they want seperate ways because of him hitting on his wife.I don't know about you , but I wouldn't call that a buddy of mine. As far as that being a guy from Rayson Craft, I did not say or mean in anyway that it was the owner of Rayson Craft.I thought that was pretty clear the way i worded it, then again maybe not.I'm sure the owner of Rayson Craft is a stand up guy.
[This message has been edited by bigq (edited March 14, 2002).]

Blown Sleek
03-14-2002, 09:22 PM
Hey big just making conversation and maybe shedding a little light? I think Rudy Ramos sold out or? long time ago! I just am sure he was the man who built the first ones and made the name for the company. I think the company has been riding on his reputation for a long time. Was it not Rudy Ramos who built the first G.N. boats with Alison Airplane engines?? I saw one of the first ones coming out of the channel in about 1976 and I will never forget it!! I just remember that thing was Awesome!! Thats a man's boat in my oppinion!! No misunderstanding you stand good in my books see ya on the water!

Blown Sleek
03-14-2002, 10:50 PM
I am pretty sure Rudy Ramos did not hit on the guys wife as I think he is in his late 70's but I guess he may still use the ol rudder huh? Anyone know if I am right?

bigq
03-15-2002, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by Blown Sleek:
I am pretty sure Rudy Ramos did not hit on the guys wife as I think he is in his late 70's but I guess he may still use the ol rudder huh? Anyone know if I am right?
LOL http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/happy/happy06.gif

Nash
03-15-2002, 03:19 AM
I smell a SLANDER SUIT. BRO' you need to remember, words can come back to haunt you. Why you would even bring such hate to a public forum makes no sense. Don't you think if such was the case, Carrera would get a "TRO," to stop "Force," from casting. It has happened in the past. Carrera is by no means, a bunch of P***ys What really happened? Do you really know?

RACE4GLORY
03-15-2002, 11:58 AM
This is in response to the slander suit comment that was made on this post. Just for your info slander is defined as "spoken untruths with the intent of malice." Since this is not spoken the category of slander does not apply. Libel is defined as "written untruths with the intent of malice." Both of these are very clear. The words spoken must be untrue. Since everything that I have said is true, neither of these apply. I have seen everything that I have said first hand and therefore they are true. I have talked to all parties involved and I KNOW what happened.

Blown Sleek
03-15-2002, 12:13 PM
You da man Glory! I love it when a man steps up and tells it how it is! (also apreciate it when he tells it how he sees it)

bigq
03-15-2002, 07:48 PM
Race4glory,
I see you edited out some of your first message, the part of the chopper gun and half the material. Unfortunately you can't edit my quote in the next post.More proof your full of it.You might know who splashed who , but it's hard to tell who is lying more you or Force.

RACE4GLORY
03-15-2002, 08:32 PM
The reason why I edited some of what I said is because I did believe that it was somewhat harsh, but none the less the truth. I am not impressed at all with the glass work or gel coat work on the boats at all. At the show I was looking at them and the sales guy says that the boat was as solid as any out there, but knowing the facts, I tested him. I hit the side of the boat as well as the deck and it flexed and sounded hollow. Hit the Carrera, Schiada, DCB, etc... and they will hurt your hand. Rumor around the industry (yes I did say rumor) is that they cut their resin with acetone to make it easier to work with. This is not bad if done properly. You must time it so that the acetone evaporates before the glass goes off or otherwise the boat will have a gap between the layers of glass and can cause delamination.
[This message has been edited by RACE4GLORY (edited March 16, 2002).]

Jrocket
03-15-2002, 08:45 PM
OK first off I do NOT work for Force.I DO have friends that work there though.I often stop by and talk to my friends and see whats going on around the shop.Im by know means a boat expert but I do know that the guys at Force are doing great work.I dont think that they are using half the material and cutting corners as some people are saying.As for the splash comments and the Rayson Craft incident,I have know idea.Im really not that concerned about it.Sounds as if someone has a grudge against someone else too me.Everyone has an opinion,and mine is that Force builds a very nice boat.I know that on any day you can go to the shop and somebody will show you around the place.You can make a judgement on your own.If you dont like what you see,then dont buy one.I dont really see what the big deal is getting to be? Unless some people have nothing better to do than look for other peoples dirty laundry and hang it out in the open......JR

damchi
03-15-2002, 11:24 PM
I really don't want to take a side or anything like that, but some of you keep saying that Force cuts corners and their fiber glassing is not that good. This confuses me since the same people that does the fiber glassing for Force also does three of four other boats at the same shop that all gets high marks. So, are you saying that Force purposely makes their boats bad?

ratso
03-16-2002, 05:38 AM
I think somebody must have banged somebody elses old lady.

Jrocket
03-16-2002, 08:10 AM
Originally posted by ratso:
I think somebody must have banged somebody elses old lady.
Ratso......That was funny..HEHEHE....JR