PDA

View Full Version : and some more....

bordsmnj
10-17-2004, 06:52 PM
i found this over in another boating forum and it was posted by some solid members of it's community.this really pissed me off.-
Hi! Received this from a very good friend in PA. she wants everyone to know what she saw.
Good Tuesday morning! John Kerry brought his "front porch meeting" to our
Canonsburg, PA neighborhood on Labor Day morning. Since you will never hear
the truth from the TV or print media I thought that you should know from someone who was almost' there.
The residents who live on the street where the event took place were not
allowed to attend.
Kerry shipped in approximately 90 invitation only VIPs. In addition, there
was a hard luck case who was about to lose her job at USAIR and another was
an elderly woman who was having health care problems. Neither one was from
this neighborhood. The street was closed to all traffic the night before and
all residents on the street were REQUIRED to remove their Bush/Cheney signs.
The sympathetic police officers on duty told us that Kerry used imminent
domain to claim the street for his purposes. Residents who have homes
within the perimeter (approximately 1 full block) were kept behind a line
away from the partisan crowd. The rest of us were not allowed within the 1
block cordon. A neighbor from across the street came to the line where we
were being kept and asked us to come onto his property. The police told us
that we could not stand on this mans FORMERLY private property! This was
set up so that Kerry's views could be heard - but not the neighbors. About 30
peoples (mostly neighbors) shouts echoed down the street "Let the neighbors in".
We could barely hear Kerry speaking with his microphone because press
buses
were used to block us off from view! This mornings papers are reporting
hecklers tried to interrupt Kerry as he spoke to the neighborhood
gathering,
but he turned our chants to his favor by calling us rude. Even though
most
of the media was there to record our stories of not being included in the
neighborhood forum, not one of them printed or aired the truth. This is
what America will look like if Kerry becomes president.
Get registered and get all of your friends registered to vote if they have
not already. Kerry thinks that he is better than the rest of us and he
has
the media on his side to make him out to be what he is not! Finally, last
night as I drove down the street where the rally was, I was shocked to
see
Bush/Cheney signs in almost every yard on the street!
-----
...at least it has a semi happy ending.

Steve 1
10-17-2004, 07:06 PM
The guy is such a Lying Fraud He even had a crowd bussed in for his appearance at the Fort Lauderdale airport.
I guess with "Props" AKA Lackeys there was not a chance of embarrassment by hecklers...

steelcomp
10-17-2004, 07:11 PM
Great post...I've heard this story about his tactics before.
Thanks bordsmnj. I'm going to copy this one and send it out.

spectratoad
10-17-2004, 07:24 PM
I am kind of torn with this post. I could totally see Scary errr Kerry using these tactics but can they do this?
"The street was closed to all traffic the night before and all residents on the street were REQUIRED to remove their Bush/Cheney signs."
I think Penn is parishes and they have a whole different set of rules out there but can the local gov't allow peoples rights to be trampled like this?
I would like to see him come to my neighborhood and try this and why are these people not calling the ACLU to defend something right for once. I would definitely launch a lawsuit against the organizers that trampled on my civil rights. :devil:

steelcomp
10-17-2004, 07:53 PM
I am kind of torn with this post. I could totally see Scary errr Kerry using these tactics but can they do this?
"The street was closed to all traffic the night before and all residents on the street were REQUIRED to remove their Bush/Cheney signs."
I think Penn is parishes and they have a whole different set of rules out there but can the local gov't allow peoples rights to be trampled like this?
I would like to see him come to my neighborhood and try this and why are these people not calling the ACLU to defend something right for once. I would definitely launch a lawsuit against the organizers that trampled on my civil rights. :devil:
The ACLU??? C'mon, spec...
I admit, it sounds a little fantastic, but I wouldn't put it past Kerry. Desperate times call for desperate measures. I can't believe this woman is making this up. LIke you, I'd like to see what would happen under these circumstances in my neighborhood as well.

Boy Named Sue
10-17-2004, 08:12 PM
The ACLU??? C'mon, spec...
I admit, it sounds a little fantastic, but I wouldn't put it past Kerry. Desperate times call for desperate measures. I can't believe this woman is making this up. LIke you, I'd like to see what would happen under these circumstances in my neighborhood as well.
Desperate times call for desperate measures and I wouldn't put anything past either side. Keep your wits about you and don't even pay attention for the next three weeks because you're gonna get conned. Maybe not by the candidates themselves but their ruthless minions...CHK

spectratoad
10-18-2004, 07:52 AM
I only said the ACLU because I couldn't think of anything else off the top of my head. Trust me, I would hardly believe they would defend truely defend anyone rights except their own.
I have already made up my mind for my vote so I listen to the lies from the candidates with only partial attention. Mostly just to further justify my vote.
So social security will be privatized under GW huh? Hasn't this been talked about for decades? The way to fix social security would be to get the Gov'mnt hands out of it totally. Oh wait didn't the Dem's vote to make it part of the general fund?????
I would prefer to privatize SS and then I bet I could get more money when I retire. I read somewhere that folks who are on PERS (privatly run) get an average of 58% more return on their investment. :idea:

bordsmnj
10-18-2004, 02:13 PM
kerry is claiming that if bush is elected this privatizings means that he is going to cut benefits by 30-40%. bULLshit!! more lies. part of his "go ahead and vote now why we got you scared and before the truth comes out" ploy. i am emberassed that my local union even acknoweldges this guys existance.let alone tries to get it's members to vote for him. out of twenty guys i've talked with at work about the election only one apprentice is for kerry. he may have changed his mind by now.

Sleek-Jet
10-18-2004, 02:17 PM
kerry is claiming that if bush is elected this privatizings means that he is going to cut benefits by 30-40%. bULLshit!! more lies. part of his "go ahead and vote now why we got you scared and before the truth comes out" ploy. i am emberassed that my local union even acknoweldges this guys existance.let alone tries to get it's members to vote for him. out of twenty guys i've talked with at work about the election only one apprentice is for kerry. he may have changed his mind by now.
Got my little letter from the IBEW the other day. Sorry boys, voting republican.