PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever have a car or truck lemon lawed..?

Blown Lavey
10-18-2004, 10:22 AM
I am about to go through this procedure and I am looking for some peeps that may have information to share about the process. People that live in California would be most helpfull :frown: :confused:

topless
10-18-2004, 10:27 AM
This might help you.
http://www.bbbsouthland.org/Online.cfm?h=15&p=topicsindex&d=topics

Blown Lavey
10-18-2004, 10:30 AM
I have been to that website, looking for feedback on what to expect from BBB and from the manf. Thanks.

racecar.hotshoe
10-18-2004, 10:32 AM
I am about to go through this procedure and I am looking for some peeps that may have information to share about the process. People that live in California would be most helpfull :frown: :confused:
What make is it?

topless
10-18-2004, 10:33 AM
BBB does the arbitrations for most of the manufacturers. It is done in one of their local offices and the decision of the arbitrators is binding in the state of California.
What is wrong with your truck anyway?

79 HUSTLER
10-18-2004, 10:35 AM
Send a PM to J540 as he is in the process of doing this to his second Excursion this year :D :D I know his first one was pretty simple, except taking a while to locate the one he wanted.

FRENCHIE
10-18-2004, 10:37 AM
the only "LEMON LAW!" i go for is ..........THERE BETTA BE A LEMON IN MY CORONA!!!! :p :hammer2: :hammer2: :D
sorry gary for jckin your thread!! and one more jack...are ya coming on oct 30th!!!! or is driving 6 miles to hard for ya!!?? :rollside:

Blown Lavey
10-18-2004, 10:49 AM
the only "LEMON LAW!" i go for is ..........THERE BETTA BE A LEMON IN MY CORONA!!!! :p :hammer2: :hammer2: :D
sorry gary for jckin your thread!! and one more jack...are ya coming on oct 30th!!!! or is driving 6 miles to hard for ya!!?? :rollside:
I will be in glamis that weekend, would like to make though cause I know it will be good.

Blown Lavey
10-18-2004, 10:51 AM
BBB does the arbitrations for most of the manufacturers. It is done in one of their local offices and the decision of the arbitrators is binding in the state of California.
What is wrong with your truck anyway?
Its a chevy durmax diesel, check engine light keeps coming on and they cant seem to get it fixed. They have tried 4 times and Im sick of dealing with there half ass excuses (dealers).

FRENCHIE
10-18-2004, 10:52 AM
I will be in glamis that weekend, would like to make though cause I know it will be good.
there will be plenty of pics!!! :cool:

dave186
10-18-2004, 11:16 AM
my friend is about to do this with his 04.5 dodge cummins. its been in the shop 4 times to get the AC fixed cause it quit 2 days after he got the thing. then once because the reverse lights quit. now it is in getting the injector pump replaced. the only good thing they have done is warranty the radiator and horns when he took it through a mud pit and smashed em.

ratso
10-18-2004, 11:31 AM
Its a chevy durmax diesel, check engine light keeps coming on and they cant seem to get it fixed. They have tried 4 times and Im sick of dealing with there half ass excuses (dealers).
Just tell em to pull the bulb... :D

Tom Brown
10-18-2004, 11:33 AM
Just tell em to pull the bulb... :D
I thought you Texans would recommend shooting it out.

racecar.hotshoe
10-18-2004, 11:34 AM
Its a chevy durmax diesel, check engine light keeps coming on and they cant seem to get it fixed. They have tried 4 times and Im sick of dealing with there half ass excuses (dealers).I have one to that they are going to trade out in to a new truck.A bad vibration on take off and check eng light for massairflow sensor they changed three MAS so now they are taking it back............

ratso
10-18-2004, 11:35 AM
I thought you Texans would recommend shooting it out.
Not that good a shot anymore...
Being in the car biz, we know how to take care of that bulb problem...

havasuready
10-18-2004, 11:45 AM
I have been working on this with my 2003 expedition. I am about to get the 4th rear end put in it and Ford denied the Lemon law claim. I am using a lawyer and it has been about 4 months. I am supposed to hear from them today and I'll let you know how it works out. (the lawyer charges you nothing and collects everything from the mfg. if we win)

topless
10-18-2004, 12:01 PM
Arbitration through the BBB works like this. If they decide the manufacturer has to buy the vehicle back, they HAVE to. If they decide the manufacturer doesn't have to, you can take it to court so you have nothing to lose by trying it. For more information on it, you can call 800-955-5100.

ratso
10-18-2004, 12:23 PM
My 03 Dodge engine light has come on about three times, usually it seems after pulling a load for a distance. Each time I disconnected my battery for a few seconds and hooked it back up, then the light went off.

Tom Brown
10-18-2004, 12:24 PM
Ratso, do you work for Microsoft?

Parker Dreamin
10-18-2004, 12:29 PM
I had a Tahoe with electrical issues.... into the dealer 3 times and they said they fixed it each time...but it would still stall on me. I contacted the BBB and they got my story, heard the dealers story and called me back in a week to tell me that I had to take my Tahoe to the dealer to drop it off and pick up my check. The check was for the down payment and every monthly payment I made to them. Was a very smooth process for me.

Tom Brown
10-18-2004, 12:34 PM
I'm taken back by the number of citings of lemon law enactments. Service problems sound to be far more prevalent than I would have guessed.
For over 180k kms, I've been twisting the key on my Nissan Maxima and it's never let me down. I guess I got lucky. :)

MissHavasuCig
10-18-2004, 12:38 PM
Garry,
We used a guy in Orange County for our Excursion ~ super easy - never even met the guy face to face. I faxed him all my paperwork and he took care of the rest! :rollside:
Steve Barnes
949-597-0694
Good Luck!
Jody :D

ratso
10-18-2004, 12:56 PM
Ratso, do you work for Microsoft?
Nope, but I do have some moments... :D

wedge44
10-18-2004, 01:17 PM
Well, I need more info....I have 02 trk with tranny leak, R & R tranny twice no luck been in for this problem 5 times....changed all gaskets etc..last time in thier "expert tech from Michigan" said its a "Porous Casing" just got it back from a total rebuild with new case...fingers are crossed :D I talked to lemon law people I have a good case but I lose money because problem did not start till 21k sooo....I have to pay for first 21k usage and then they will not have too pay for lift kit, tires, wheels or any upgrades that are not factory....that makes it a loss for me...what to do?

Starloans
10-18-2004, 01:24 PM
You could go park it in front of the dealer and put a big banner on it. I saw a guy do a boat like that one time!!! :cry: :cry: :rollside: :rollside: :D :D

Starloans
10-18-2004, 01:39 PM
Seriously, my GF had one of those Chrysler Sebrings convertable that the windows kept rolling up out of the door. Meaning when you rolled the window up with the door open the window kept rolling up until it came out of the door.
She took it in several times and finally told them to stick it that she wanted to "give it back" They said they would send a regional manager in a week and when he came down he tryed to give her a 1 year newer model for $200 but she said no way. Give me my money back. It was a lease and she got the down payment and all the lease payments back. They didn't give her too much of a hard time about it.
I had another gal that I work with that bought a "Itchipusy" that had lots of trannie probs. Mitsubishi gave her a hell of a time about taking it back and she had to get an attorney.
I think there are some key things that have to happen for the dealer to buckle (# of times in the shop, days out of service, etc) and you have to say some key things to them to give it back. I'm not sure exactly what they are but the GF must have got it right.
All dealers make a lemon now and then, but if you go the attorney route they won't tell you what has to happen to make the dealer take a lemon back until they get paid. Do some reasearch on the internet and show the dealer you have met all the criteria for a lemon. Ask to see the regional sales manager or regional service manager. If that doesn't work, sue them. Good luck.

1978 Rogers
10-18-2004, 01:46 PM
Here is a link for some info on the California Lemon Law.
http://www.lemonauto.com/lemon_laws/text_ca.htm

voodoomedman
10-18-2004, 06:37 PM
My in laws did it. Found a lawyer in San Diego. Just faxed all the paperwork and it was taken care of. They got down payment, All payments plus an amount for mileage and they told them to park it and rent a car and they had that for like a month and it was paid for. PM me and I can find out who they used.