PDA

View Full Version : In a plane on the way to the middle east?

wsuwrhr
10-18-2004, 10:14 PM
I have an opportunity to go overseas to Abu Dhabi, in U.A.E, United Arab Emirates.
It is close in proximity to Iraq and all that shit over there, but I am assured that travel in that area is not travel like here.
What do you guys think about that? I am thinking about my health and safety.
Should I be worried, or excited?
Brian

Squirtin Thunder
10-18-2004, 10:37 PM
Scott Gillman (F1 boat racer) is always over there. He has said that the first trip was a bit unnerving but that was public air lines. I think if it is a special deal and security is the way it should be you will be fine. Remember you can always get to an American embacy.
Jim

Kindsvater Flat
10-18-2004, 11:01 PM
Why and What for?

BigBoyToys
10-19-2004, 04:28 AM
Should I be worried, or excited?
Brian
Personally, I think that would depend on the answer to the question that K-Flat asked. If the positives far outweigh the negatives, I'd be excited. If the negatives far outweigh the positives, I'd be worried.
I think it all just depends on you and what you want to do. I don't think that there is any more danger in the UAE than what there is, say, on the streets of Los Angeles. If I had the opportunity, and the $$ was right, I'd go :cool: (But I'd be carrying some of my weapons with me, as I would if I were on the streets of L.A. ;) )

superdave013
10-19-2004, 05:50 AM
F U C K NO!!!
WHO WILL MAKE ALL THE BLING AFTER YOUR HEAD GETS F U C K I N G CHOPED OFF!!!

superdave013
10-19-2004, 05:52 AM
I don't think that there is any more danger in the UAE than what there is, say, on the streets of Los Angeles. If I had the opportunity, and the $$ was right, I'd go :cool: (But I'd be carrying some of my weapons with me, as I would if I were on the streets of L.A. ;) )
YOU'RE KIDDING RIGHT?

UBFJ #454
10-19-2004, 06:01 AM
I've spent a number of years living and working off and on in the Middle East and up until a few years ago owned a 3,000 sq. ft. Flat in a high rise in Cairo (Maadi).
Recently I've been approached several times about going back. While I've been very polite in my turning down these offers (low to mid six figure yearly contracts), that's not how I feel ... Given the The Radical Moslem Faction in the World today, I won't ever in my remaining life even go back for a Visit ... Further, Knowing the Moslem World the way I do, I think Americans that don't Really Know the Culture and go there for the Money are Friggin IDIOTS to say the least.
My Advice ... Stay Away from the Region ... Stay Home.

superdave013
10-19-2004, 06:15 AM
Given the The Radical Moslem Faction in the World today, I won't ever in my remaining life even go back for a Visit ... Further, Knowing the Moslem World the way I do, I think Americans that don't Really Know the Culture and go there for the Money are Friggin IDIOTS to say the least.
My Advice ... Stay Away from the Region ... Stay Home.
'nuff said right there.

BigBoyToys
10-19-2004, 06:49 AM
YOU'RE KIDDING RIGHT?
Yes :wink: I was being sarcastic about LA :D
Of course I wouldn't go! You couldn't pay me enough to go there right now. 20 years ago, maybe, but today, no way. I have 5 kids that I have to provide for, but a person has to be alive in order to provide.

Cole Sanger
10-19-2004, 07:07 AM
I went to the UAE (Abu Dhabi, Dubai)when I was in the Navy. I can't say how things are over there now, but when I went it was pretty cool. I know it probably isn't that safe for Americans over there right now, but it isn't close to Iraq. UAE is the playground for the middle east. Go to one of their malls and you will see what I mean. Talk about Bling,Bling. There were a ton of people from all over the world in UAE. I had a great time, and we bombed Iraq every day we were in the gulf.