PDA

View Full Version : Eliminator 40' Sport Cat

EXTRMBT
10-19-2004, 06:38 AM
Saw it this morning on the 10 in Tucson. Must be heading to the Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show. All I can say is that thing is fricken huge :D :D :D

RiverOtter
10-19-2004, 07:05 AM
Saw it this morning on the 10 in Tucson. Must be heading to the Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show. All I can say is that thing is fricken huge :D :D :D
If that boat is so great they should have gone by water :D

MagicMtnDan
10-19-2004, 07:07 AM
Is that the yellow one or the orange one? I think it's the orange one with the canopies - as I recall it's the one that was at the LA Boat Show, right? (Eliminator had MANY boats at that show!)

welk2party
10-19-2004, 07:09 AM
I believe the one he is talking about is white with green stripes. It's huge and a cat. There were pics of it on here a while ago.

MagicMtnDan
10-19-2004, 07:12 AM
I believe the one he is talking about is white with green stripes. It's huge and a cat. There were pics of it on here a while ago.
Oh yeah, that's right - it's their "Sport Fisher" catamaran. That thing is HUGE.

Huckleberry
10-19-2004, 07:18 AM
It's Huge, and UGLY too!

mbrown2
10-19-2004, 07:22 AM
It's Huge, and UGLY too!
When compared to others in its class of Sport Fishing, I think it looks pretty good and hauls ass too compared to those others..

racecar.hotshoe
10-19-2004, 07:23 AM
http://www.eliminatorboat.com/_photo_archive/40sportcattrailernotruck.jpg

Huckleberry
10-19-2004, 07:24 AM
When compared to others in its class of Sport Fishing, I think it looks pretty good and hauls ass too compared to those others..
Ya got a point there, but when I think of Eliminator, I certainly don't think of a fishing boat. I think more of go-fast boats.

NOTALENT
10-19-2004, 08:06 AM
You Know your OG..when you have a 4 axle..trailer...damn.that is wicked.

EXTRMBT
10-19-2004, 08:06 AM
http://www.eliminatorboat.com/_photo_archive/40sportcattrailernotruck.jpg
That's the one, it didn't look that good though. The top was cocooned for shipping. The only reason I recognized it, is because my lazy ass hangs out here. :p

RiverOtter
10-19-2004, 08:11 AM
That's the one, it didn't look that good though. The top was cocooned for shipping. The only reason I recognized it, is because my lazy ass hangs out here. :p
I still say if they had a hair on their arse, they woulda gone by water :D

jbtrailerjim
10-19-2004, 08:15 AM
Saw it on Havasu a few weeks ago. That thing is huge.

EXTRMBT
10-19-2004, 08:49 AM
:D :D Never said I liked it, just said i saw it. :D :D
:p Put her in the Big Drink :p
:p I'm with RO :p

mbrown2
10-19-2004, 09:10 AM
Maybe they want to make it Ft Lauderdale in 4-5 days versus 3 weeks with going south and then going though the canal....I don't think the boat would have issue with water getting there, but fuel for that voyage in the boat would be a ton more expensive then by land....I think it was an accounting decision to go by land....not a decision made due to lack of courage to go by water....my .02

Goodtime$
10-19-2004, 09:27 AM
I think that this SportFish Cat is a great addition to the Elimintor line. With the uncertainty of tommorows economy and tommorows performance boating market, it wouldnt hurt to open up a new market to go after to. Ocean boating is a totally different league, price wise etc. compared to lake boats. Im sure that this boat demands a pretty penny.
best of luck to them, plus have you seen there competition? some ugly boats out there with bravo/diesel options. This badboy is set up with a yanmanr,arneson. Nice

Ducatista
10-19-2004, 09:28 AM
I got a chance to look at that baby up close at the Islander in Havasu about a month ago. Man it's monster on the trailer, and looked real good on the water at the docks. I think it had a couple of diesels with surface drives. Rvr2Beach got the opportunity to ride in it that weekend. Too big for Havi IMO, but looked like a nice Florida kinda boat. Very impressive to say the least. :cool:

EXTRMBT
10-19-2004, 10:00 AM
Maybe they want to make it Ft Lauderdale in 4-5 days versus 3 weeks with going south and then going though the canal....I don't think the boat would have issue with water getting there, but fuel for that voyage in the boat would be a ton more expensive then by land....I think it was an accounting decision to go by land....not a decision made due to lack of courage to go by water....my .02
I didn't take into consideration that a huge chunk of property seperates us from the Gulf, plus the weight of the fuel barge that would be in tow :( if this trip was from Redondo to Catalina it would be a different story.
Thanks for getting me back in line mb2 :hammerhea :D

RiverDave
10-19-2004, 10:22 AM
Well that and the small issue of a few hurricanes going on.. ;) :D That thing is big, but it ain't that big to be dealing with those kinda seas.
RD

CrazyHippy
10-19-2004, 11:12 AM
Trim it high and let it fly :D
It'd be a good "test"
BJH :D

TimeToBurn
10-19-2004, 11:13 AM
Ya got a point there, but when I think of Eliminator, I certainly don't think of a fishing boat. I think more of go-fast boats.
I would like to clear the confusion... this isn't a fishing boat, but rather a Sport Cruiser. In the near future, Eliminator might make this into a Fishing Boat. If you think it is ugly... please keep it to yourself, cause I am indifferent, and it is BAD ASS!

bigd1
10-19-2004, 11:19 AM
It's not ugly. It's FUGLY!

RiverOtter
10-19-2004, 11:33 AM
Accounting be damed!!! But that bad boy in the big blue. Just think of the testimonial they would have :D Not to mention the hangover :D

EXTRMBT
10-19-2004, 11:58 AM
Boats are like everthing else. Not everybody gonna take liking to it, and if they don't it will grow on them. It wasn't my favorite design in the begining but it's growing on me more each day. Hell the inside is nicer than the average house, all it's missing is a few palm trees on the swim steps :wink:
I look forward to hearing more on this boat to see how it fairs.
I love how these threads get so Misconstrued . I guess that's what keeps us coming back :p

CrazyHippy
10-19-2004, 12:00 PM
The palm trees on the swim steps are an option i think...
BJH :220v:

CornWater
10-19-2004, 12:38 PM
I would like to clear the confusion... this isn't a fishing boat, but rather a Sport Cruiser. In the near future, Eliminator might make this into a Fishing Boat. If you think it is ugly... please keep it to yourself, cause I am indifferent, and it is BAD ASS!
You work for Elim.??? way to represent your company there bro.. :confused:

ChumpChange
10-19-2004, 02:51 PM
You work for Elim.??? way to represent your company there bro.. :confused:
Well his occupation says Eliminator. Another great line from a ONE POST WONDER!

SHOTKALLIN
10-19-2004, 03:17 PM
I think it would be the shizzle if they at least dropped it into big blue in the gulf from Texas and cruised on over to the show. the Publicity alone would sell alot of boats.
just my .02

RiverOtter
10-19-2004, 03:18 PM
I think it would be the shizzle if they at least dropped it into big blue in the gulf from Texas and cruised on over to the show. the Publicity alone would sell alot of boats.
just my .02
Dam Strait!!!!!!!!! :hammer2:

TRG
10-19-2004, 03:23 PM
during the last days of my employment at Eliminator, bob had a very small scale model of the 40' in his office and it was very close to the finish product, but as for the SS windshield....that was not on the OG model, im gonna have to say that it looked much sleeker with the canopies!
just my change!
P.S.
does anyone know if and or how the boat performs?
thanks
Todd

CrazyHippy
10-19-2004, 05:10 PM
Aparantly it floats, so it got that in it's favor.....
BJH :2purples:

THATJEFFGUY
10-19-2004, 05:57 PM
I saw the pics of it on here and thought it was pretty damn ugly. But when I saw it up close being pulled EB on the 10 frwy thru Redlands yesterday....it was even uglier !! Maybe without those portholes, canopies instead of the windshield, and different colors..it would look alot better. That's just my humble opinion...cuz I could never afford the damn thing anyway !

EXTRMBT
10-19-2004, 06:17 PM
Way to keep the thread going guys, I love it. So just how many Elimihaters or Lovers are on this board? I'm neutral so it makes no differnece to me. :supp: