PDA

View Full Version : Bonehead move of the summer award

prosthogod
10-19-2004, 09:14 AM
If you happen to be in Havi this past weekend maybe you saw an orange Magic deck boat with "CUMMINS POWER" across the transom. That was our addition to our friends boat after he put DIESEL FUEL in both tanks on thursday by mistake, he thought the green handle was cheap gas. So, 600.00+ dollars later and alot of hassle from us thank god the weekend was over for him. But I'm hoping it could continue alittle longer for him. If you have any comments for him here is is e-mail PGraham@hotmail.com. I think he would appreciate it. :hammerhea

Mrs. Restless22
10-19-2004, 09:16 AM
LOL Your so mean! You want us to email him and tell him what an idiot he is....LMAO! :D
Thats funny!

PHX ATC
10-19-2004, 09:17 AM
Ouch. I at least hope his tow vehicle is diesel, so he didn't have to dump (er...get rid of legally) the diesel fuel.
:2purples:

prosthogod
10-19-2004, 09:18 AM
LOL Your so mean! You want us to email him and tell him what an idiot he is....LMAO! :D
Thats funny!
Don't you think that would be appropriate.

Mrs. Restless22
10-19-2004, 09:19 AM
Don't you think that would be appropriate.
Absolutly :D :D

prosthogod
10-19-2004, 09:19 AM
Ouch. I at least hope his tow vehicle is diesel, so he didn't have to dump (er...get rid of legally) the diesel fuel.
:2purples:
He had to pay $2 per gallon to have it disposed of.

Sherpa
10-19-2004, 09:20 AM
so he never caught his mistake at all till he tried to run it-?
why $600------- ? mechanic-?
--just drain the tank, change filters, flush lines, away you go-!
(after a refill of the CORRECT fuel, of course)
--Sherpa

prosthogod
10-19-2004, 09:24 AM
so he never caught his mistake at all till he tried to run it-?
why $600------- ? mechanic-?
--just drain the tank, change filters, flush lines, away you go-!
(after a refill of the CORRECT fuel, of course)
--Sherpa
I spent 2 hours pulling the air intake, pulling the plugs and cleaning them with no luck. He was stuck in the channel so he called Clu at Magic and he came over. First thing he did was check the fuel/water separator and it was diesel. Since the fuel was contaminated with some gas it couldn't be pumped into my truck.

Havasu_Dreamin
10-19-2004, 09:27 AM
Saw that boat this past weekend and wondered to myself, wow, a diesel in a cat.

billet racing
10-19-2004, 09:32 AM
Sell it someone who just sank thier boat. It works great for cleaning parts, getting rid of moisture.....
My sister put gas in my diesel p/u once. Made it about 1 block before it quit. Left me to clean it all up. Needless to say I never loan her anything.

OutCole'd
10-19-2004, 09:35 AM
Wow, that sucks. Do you have any pics of your friends boat, so if we see it on the water, we can let hiim know how bad we really feel?

Ducatista
10-19-2004, 09:37 AM
The kind of mistake you only do once! That's a tough one to live down, I'm sure his friends will help ease the pain! :jawdrop:

prosthogod
10-19-2004, 09:39 AM
The kind of mistake you only do once! That's a tough one to live down, I'm sure his friends will help ease the pain! :jawdrop:
We had the lettering made up in havasu for only $20., so we are going to get a few more made so whenever he pulls these off we will have more.

Jordy
10-19-2004, 10:03 AM
he thought the green handle was cheap gas.
Every gas station around here, and pretty much everywhere I've ever gotten fuel, except Mobil, use a green handle for diesel. I've almost put gas in my truck without thinking about it at Mobil just instinctively grabbing the green handle. At Mobil the diesel handles are yellow. I had the nozzle in the tank when I realized where I was. Scary stuff.
That would suck though, topping off both tanks in a boat... :frown:

Ducatista
10-19-2004, 10:44 AM
We had the lettering made up in havasu for only $20., so we are going to get a few more made so whenever he pulls these off we will have more.
Exactly! That's funny.............that poor guy.

rvrtoy
10-19-2004, 10:56 AM
I only have one thing to add..... :hammer2: :hammer2: :hammer2: :hammer2: :(

carbonmarine
10-19-2004, 10:59 AM
I know a guy that p[umped 400 gallons into a cig top gun... Yeah his buddies made stickers that said ..... " GOT DIESEL ? "

MagicMtnDan
10-19-2004, 11:10 AM
He should take his boat to the gas station and park it out front with big signs bitching about how they confuse people by selling diesel at the gas pumps :rollside: :D :D :D

spectratoad
10-19-2004, 11:25 AM
I sent him this, hope he has a sense of humor
http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:C3AA10Ct8y4J:www.bloodforoil.com/diesel/diesel.jpg
I did also mean it without the political inuendo.

Huckleberry
10-19-2004, 11:41 AM
High performance deck boat - $80,000
180 gallons of fuel for your hotrod boat - $425
Tow and repair bill for the same boat - $175
The look on your face when you realize what a bonehead you are for putting diesel gas in yuor boat - PRICELESS!!!