PDA

View Full Version : Bassett Headers ? Jet-Coating Info????

Hotcrusader76
05-02-2002, 09:23 AM
Can someone direct me in the right direction as to where I can get my Chevy Bassetts coated for my Jetboat?
I need a number to call and maybe some info on turn-around times. I know it's a little late to be crunching the time with Memorial being 23 days and 14 hours away.
Any help is appreciated!
tpcracing76@hotmail.com
[This message has been edited by Hotcrusader76 (edited May 02, 2002).]

jet4fun
05-02-2002, 09:50 AM
i know that rewarder does the coating, i dont know how much, but i believe it cost more than chroming.

mister460
05-02-2002, 11:14 AM
It is extremely hard to rchrome headers and get them to look good. JetHoat coatings charges about 350 bucks and they'll last forever. Good looking stuff, too.

Costello
05-02-2002, 11:16 AM
Do know that before you call Jim at Rewarder, he is going to want the headers de-chromed before you give them to him, or he will have his local guy do it for an extra charge. I had a blued out Vance & Hines Pro Pipe on my Electra-Glide that I talked to Jim about and this was the way he does it. Coincidentally, I was at my local powdercoating shop shortly thereafter, and they had begun to do the ceramic coating also. They did not require my chrome to be removed, they went right over the top of it. They felt comfortable doing that because of the initial quality of the chrome job. if the chrome is sketchy, ANYONE is going to want the thing de-chromed. Rewarder is a great choice for the service, just know that you will need to also have the piece de-chromed prior to coating. BTW, the pipe on my H-D came out bitchen, (nobody else had one http://free.***boat.net/ubb/wink.gif) and I put many many miles on after the coating on top of the chrome with no chiping, flaking, or any other ...ing.
[This message has been edited by Costello (edited May 02, 2002).]

smalls
05-02-2002, 11:55 AM
HC76,
Sanderson in San Francisco also does them,I'm not sure of the cost (It was a buddy deal). They did a great job on my headers.

wsuwrhr
05-02-2002, 03:06 PM
I have some personal friends that do jet coating at a shop in Riverside. I sell them billet parts. Turn around times are good, I would say they could have it done in a week. Cool people to deal with.
Talk to Ed or Shane.
Car Craft 781-4480
http://carcraftinc.com
[This message has been edited by wsuwrhr (edited May 02, 2002).]