PDA

View Full Version : Norcal Cat, What Happened to your Force??!!

Sandbar Mike
10-20-2004, 10:25 AM
I was reading in Hot Spots West about your engine taking a sh&t. What the heck happened?
Didn't Force just replace your bad Lagman engine a few weekes ago?
Info, Info :notam:

NorCalCat
10-20-2004, 10:59 AM
Ya, not exactly sure what happened. I think I busted a rod. Cruzing and busted a rod, can't believe it, at about 3700 RPM. Lagman is no longer building the motors for Force. I have talked to them and they seem like they will stand behind it as it only has about 5 hours on it. They are good about backing their shit up.
I'll keep you posted.

Sandbar Mike
10-20-2004, 03:15 PM
Ya, not exactly sure what happened. I think I busted a rod. Cruzing and busted a rod, can't believe it, at about 3700 RPM. Lagman is no longer building the motors for Force. I have talked to them and they seem like they will stand behind it as it only has about 5 hours on it. They are good about backing their shit up.
I'll keep you posted.
I'm sure the Force boys will stand behind there product. Brad and John are pretty good about that. Hopeully they'll put in an engine that works next time. J/K :cry: (Seriously) It seems you've got a few good engines with unfortunite part failures. WTF
Good Luck brotha,
Force Stands behind there products just like Lavey,DCB,Eliminator etc would. Good thing it's Offseason. :squiggle:

NorCalCat
12-07-2004, 10:21 AM
I'm sure the Force boys will stand behind there product. Brad and John are pretty good about that. Hopeully they'll put in an engine that works next time. J/K :cry: (Seriously) It seems you've got a few good engines with unfortunite part failures. WTF
Good Luck brotha,
Force Stands behind there products just like Lavey,DCB,Eliminator etc would. Good thing it's Offseason. :squiggle:
Mike,
Good seeing you at Force Friday late afternoon. Man the drive home sucked, got home at 1:30 am.
Force is standing behind the motor. It sounds like they are going to rebuild the entire motor. Taking it from a 540 to a 565 and all new guts.
Brad is really trying to get Forces reputation as a top builder in all areass. Not only in the quality, but the customer service as well.
Lets plan a trip to Havasu when I come back down to pick it up!

Dave C
12-08-2004, 09:07 AM
norcal,
that sucks... hope it all works out for you.
at least you got all winter to work it out.

hulshot
12-08-2004, 10:30 AM
Nor cal, you have had a bad string of luck with motors. Did another one let go since october? Mine is still being built.

Sandbar Mike
12-08-2004, 11:35 AM
Mike,
Good seeing you at Force Friday late afternoon. Man the drive home sucked, got home at 1:30 am.
Force is standing behind the motor. It sounds like they are going to rebuild the entire motor. Taking it from a 540 to a 565 and all new guts.
Brad is really trying to get Forces reputation as a top builder in all areass. Not only in the quality, but the customer service as well.
Lets plan a trip to Havasu when I come back down to pick it up!
Done deal, I'm game for a couple of ice cube speed runs? :D

NorCalCat
12-08-2004, 01:15 PM
Nor cal, you have had a bad string of luck with motors. Did another one let go since october? Mine is still being built.
Hulshot, no it is the same issue as October. I just put it away until I could deal with it. Hopefuly the bad luck is over, they say it comes in 3.
I'm done! :rolleyes:
How is youre coming along? What happened? I should have gone the same rout as you to The Garlic Brothers. We passed eachother on hwy 4. You already had you bot on the trailer and I was just going to get mine.

Reaper1
12-08-2004, 07:32 PM
That blows man! Tell Dano to drive your boat over to GT or Phaff or Teague and get a motor that will hold together. :idea: Well, at least you know that Force will stand by their product and make it right with you. I hope everything works out.
My brother(DrewDown) and I are going to plan a trip up to the Delta. I have a good friend who lives a couple exits away from Garlic Brothers. It would be nice to hook up with some of the NorCal guys and make a little outing of it. I'll post something up as the season gets closer.
Reaper1

hulshot
12-08-2004, 11:27 PM
Reaper keep us informed so we can make a time of it.
Nor cal, Mine blew a piston apart. It was bad from the get go. it was knocking the entire time. You missed a great party with alot of alcohol consumed. I have changed it up tremendously since. I should get mine back in 2-3 weeks. parts are coming in daily now. merry Xmas to me merry xmas to me.... :D :D :D
Are you in for Camp Far new years day??? I am in with many others.

Sandbar Mike
12-09-2004, 08:08 AM
That blows man! Tell Dano to drive your boat over to GT or Phaff or Teague and get a motor that will hold together. :idea: Well, at least you know that Force will stand by their product and make it right with you. I hope everything works out.
My brother(DrewDown) and I are going to plan a trip up to the Delta. I have a good friend who lives a couple exits away from Garlic Brothers. It would be nice to hook up with some of the NorCal guys and make a little outing of it. I'll post something up as the season gets closer.
Reaper1
Reap, problem is no more Dano around there!!

Reaper1
12-09-2004, 09:13 AM
I did not know that. What happened? Where did he go EBoatloans.com. :D
Hulshot - We'll set something up when it starts getting warm. ;)

NorCalCat
12-09-2004, 09:27 AM
Reaper1
Reaper1, that is a great part of the Delta. Let me know and we will plan a little Hot Boater Weekend. Hulshot and I can rally a few members I am sure. You will have to get Sandbar Mike to make the trip with you! :D
Ya, Dano is gone. He is doing the eboatloans.com deal full time now.
Regardless, Force is standing behind it, so they get my vote!

79 HUSTLER
12-09-2004, 10:47 AM
Reap, problem is no more Dano around there!!
Its about time, I know a ton of people like him but I personally had to many problems with him. Now maybe I will take my boat back to them to have some stuff fixed. As I will not have to worry about him lying about putting used part ($15,000 on a new boat). Never once had a problem with John as he has always gotten things fixed till I had our blowout with Dano.

NorCalCat
12-09-2004, 12:39 PM
Its about time, I know a ton of people like him but I personally had to many problems with him. Now maybe I will take my boat back to them to have some stuff fixed. As I will not have to worry about him lying about putting used part ($15,000 on a new boat). Never once had a problem with John as he has always gotten things fixed till I had our blowout with Dano.
Dano is a good guy. It sounds like yopu have a personality conflict.
What ever happend that started all this?

Reaper1
12-09-2004, 01:22 PM
Reaper1, that is a great part of the Delta. Let me know and we will plan a little Hot Boater Weekend. Hulshot and I can rally a few members I am sure. You will have to get Sandbar Mike to make the trip with you! :D
Ya, Dano is gone. He is doing the eboatloans.com deal full time now.
Regardless, Force is standing behind it, so they get my vote!
NorCal - Yeah, my buddies backyard is the Delta. We'll definately try and get SandbarMike out of the Kitchen for this one. :D Let us know when you're all fixed up.
Dano was always nice to talk to when I was looking for a boat.

79 HUSTLER
12-09-2004, 01:25 PM
Dano is a good guy. It sounds like yopu have a personality conflict.
What ever happend that started all this?
Well lots of stories while the boat is being built, which is common with anything custom so that was not that big of a deal. Things were good until my drive broke, took it in for warranty repair and guess what. Thats right, it had the same serial number as a fellow Force owner that Dano had told me about when I first ordered mine. Well it was not covered under warranty since it was purchased almost 7 months before I even took delivery. One call to Dano and the fun starts. It was all about deny, deny, deny. I even said I don't care if it is used as long as they get it fixed. Did not happen. He could not even produce any receipt or paperwork, go figure. So I told him I had met the guy that had it in his ride before and how he told me he returned it due to speed loss. Also had paperwork showing his original sale with matching serial #'s. Also had the original warranty paper work that someone had filled out with the previous owners info and was just crossed out and had my info written above. :notam: . After all this he finally said it had been used one time :notam: and that it was still brand new and B-MAX should stand behind there product. Would not help me out in any way. So I decided that they would not get anymore business from me, now that Dano is gone maybe John and Brad can make something right.
Good thing for them that I am not into all the court stuff as I have all the origanal paperwork from the first sale of my drive. A signed statement, from a previous employee that no longer works there, stating that this was a used drive placed on a brand new boat. :notam: :notam:
Needless, this was not B-MAX's fault and they had got wind of what happened so they fixed it out of their own pockets. (Big thanks to B-MAX and Ron Gibbs-Bad Attitude Marine)
As with any story there is always two side to the story but plenty of people on here have seen all the paperwork supporting my side. Feel free to call them and get there side of the story, as I wonder what they have to say about it now.
Thanks for listening, KELLY

NorCalCat
12-10-2004, 09:47 PM
Thats too bad you had a bad experience. I know there is always 3 sides to every story. All I can say is they have always treated me like I spent $100k+ with them. Going forward, I would buy another Force!
Once again, sorry to hear about your negative experiences Kelly. :boxingguy

BoatFloating
12-11-2004, 08:33 AM
Well lots of stories while the boat is being built, which is common with anything custom so that was not that big of a deal. Things were good until my drive broke, took it in for warranty repair and guess what. Thats right, it had the same serial number as a fellow Force owner that Dano had told me about when I first ordered mine. Well it was not covered under warranty since it was purchased almost 7 months before I even took delivery. One call to Dano and the fun starts. It was all about deny, deny, deny. I even said I don't care if it is used as long as they get it fixed. Did not happen. He could not even produce any receipt or paperwork, go figure. So I told him I had met the guy that had it in his ride before and how he told me he returned it due to speed loss. Also had paperwork showing his original sale with matching serial #'s. Also had the original warranty paper work that someone had filled out with the previous owners info and was just crossed out and had my info written above. :notam: . After all this he finally said it had been used one time :notam: and that it was still brand new and B-MAX should stand behind there product. Would not help me out in any way. So I decided that they would not get anymore business from me, now that Dano is gone maybe John and Brad can make something right.
Good thing for them that I am not into all the court stuff as I have all the origanal paperwork from the first sale of my drive. A signed statement, from a previous employee that no longer works there, stating that this was a used drive placed on a brand new boat. :notam: :notam:
Needless, this was not B-MAX's fault and they had got wind of what happened so they fixed it out of their own pockets. (Big thanks to B-MAX and Ron Gibbs-Bad Attitude Marine)
As with any story there is always two side to the story but plenty of people on here have seen all the paperwork supporting my side. Feel free to call them and get there side of the story, as I wonder what they have to say about it now.
Thanks for listening, KELLY
:2purples: :eek: Wow!

NorCalCat
12-11-2004, 11:28 PM
Not sticking up for Force or Dano, but like I said, there is always 3 sides to every story. Seems a bit fishy to me... :2purples:

79 HUSTLER
12-13-2004, 08:04 AM
Not sticking up for Force or Dano, but like I said, there is always 3 sides to every story. Seems a bit fishy to me... :2purples:
What part sounds FISHY to you. Maybe the part about someone getting screwed in the boat industry :supp: . I know that Force watches these forums as I have gotten calls from John in the past about pics we had of my boat. I invite anyone from Force to say there side of the story, because I would like to hear thier take on this as well.
If you re-read both my posts I have not been knocking Force just Dano as my experiences with him have not been pleasant.
So please let me know what part sounds fishy to you. I am sure you are in contact with them often, maybe John or Brad can tell you their side, and maybe this can get settled.
Regards,
Kelly