PDA

View Full Version : What the hell is wrong with the city--Havasu?

Magic34
10-20-2004, 02:15 PM
I was there (LHC) last weekend and the city had a nice big banner made for the Bridge City Bike Rally. I was in town, unaware in advance of the rally, with my boat to enjoy the weekend with my wife and my 5 month old baby. Some friends came with us in their boat as well.
Now before I go any further, I love custom bikes and Harley's. I am friends with a custom bike builder and have been to many functions for bikers, supporting those who ride. I sponsor activites at Daytona Bike week every year.
The bikes were loud as HELL in town and at all hours of the night. Boats are loud during the daylight, but the bikes ran all night long.
The boaters are the a-holes messing up the town.... Well I disagree. As we were walking from our hotel to the docks below London Bridge, where I left the boat after launching, a group of bikers came down that small street just before you walk down the hill (between LBR and Queen's Bay) near rear driveway of LBR. I was pushing the baby stroller with my daughter in the stroller(5 months old). Also with us was our friends, 2 adults in their mid 20's with 3 kids, one of which is 6 months old and another in a walker, when a group pulled up and drove by, 2 of the bikers pulled in the clutch and hit the gas just as they were passing my child in her stroller.
:burningm: :mad: One more thing, I was walking on the right side of the street because another loud bike had set off an alarm to a vehicle parked on the left side of the street. I didn't want to push a stroller pass a siren around the same height level of her ears.
I haven't been that pissed in a long time. Here the city is welcoming the LOUD bikes with open arms, banners 'n all, and these people rev a bike up next to a effin stroller!!!! :angry2: Every time I start my boat, and it is loud, I warn the people behind. Some have asked to wait until they move and I comply.
Screw LHC and the terrible politicians that run the town!

dicudmore
10-20-2004, 02:48 PM
thought you were gonna be at mead last weekend anyway sir??
didn't miss much, weather was TERRIBLE

Magic34
10-20-2004, 02:56 PM
thought you were gonna be at mead last weekend anyway sir??
didn't miss much, weather was TERRIBLE
I was going to meet my brother out there with his boat as well. He sold the Freightliner and the Cowboy Cadillac won't be there until Feb-March. He had nothing to pull his boat to the lake with, so we went to Havasu instead.

Ziggy
10-20-2004, 02:57 PM
Well that reminds me of the weekend when the Bikers gathered up in Laughlin for their annual thingy. Never have I seen so many LEO's out and about because of the overflow of bikers to LHC...not to mention the ill timed Triathalon the same weekend.
But as you said, these bikes were all over town with their straight pipes with no respect for other people. I'm driving along the 95 with window open and get blasted in the ear with Harley revs, tried to rev him back but my Diesel just didn't cut it. :D
If only the city would enforce equally and fairly to all, then we'd have no gripe. :messedup:

Magic34
10-20-2004, 03:01 PM
If only the city would enforce equally and fairly to all, then we'd have no gripe. :messedup:[/QUOTE]
To me it goes further than that. The city obiviuosly welcomes these events, so why are they making rules that may damage the outcome to to event. The city would not help these events if it did not see something in it for the city. 200 boats is more revenure than 400 bikes.

Kilrtoy
10-20-2004, 03:03 PM
We all know now-a-days all these yuppies buy bikes and suddenly think they are some type of rebel and they are tuff :hammer2:

DansBlown73Nordic
10-20-2004, 03:04 PM
I was at a state camp ground a few years ago. A huge group of bikers showed up. They set up camp across from are site..... :cry:
Those guys were the greatest bunch I ever met. After nine PM they pushed the bikes a 1/4 mile up the road before starting them... :idea:

Magic34
10-20-2004, 03:35 PM
I was at a state camp ground a few years ago. A huge group of bikers showed up. They set up camp across from are site..... :cry:
Those guys were the greatest bunch I ever met. After nine PM they pushed the bikes a 1/4 mile up the road before starting them... :idea:
Those bikers you dealt with have the same courtesy that I do. There are "jerks" in both groups, but nothing is being done to loud bikes. I'm not here trying to have the same rules come down on bikes. I would like to have the city realize that they should be after bikes the same as they are on boats. And in that realization, come to find how much they would hurt the city financially if they did made those decisions to persecute loud bikes and boats.

mirvin
10-20-2004, 03:42 PM
I don't understand the love affair with the "Harley". I mean, it seems like they are not subject to the same laws everyone else and everthing else is.
Case in point. I HAVE gotten a ticket for a hot rod truck that in the opinion of the officer was "too loud" !!!!
Also, I HAVE gotten a ticket on a "sport bike" that was "too loud". While I was getting the ticket dozens of Harley's were screaming by twice as loud as I ever was. You know the scene up at the ROck Store. I've been doing that ride for years and have never heard or seen a "harley" getting messed with by the law......
mirvin :jawdrop:

Kilrtoy
10-20-2004, 03:46 PM
MIRVIN
Sounds like you got caught in the chppie stings they due up there

Magic34
10-20-2004, 03:48 PM
Mirv,
That gives me a great idea......
I am going to take the Magic logos off my boat and replace them with Harley logos/stickers. Then I am free and clear. :hammer2:

Ziggy
10-20-2004, 03:53 PM
I don't understand the love affair with the "Harley". I mean, it seems like they are not subject to the same laws everyone else and everthing else is.
Case in point. I HAVE gotten a ticket for a hot rod truck that in the opinion of the officer was "too loud" !!!!
Also, I HAVE gotten a ticket on a "sport bike" that was "too loud". While I was getting the ticket dozens of Harley's were screaming by twice as loud as I ever was. You know the scene up at the ROck Store. I've been doing that ride for years and have never heard or seen a "harley" getting messed with by the law......
I think there is still a mystique about Harley bikers in general--"oh no they must be part of the Hells Angels" :notam: and it still infers possible retaliation if one gets messed with.

cc322
10-20-2004, 03:53 PM
We were in town ourselve's and noticed the biker thing going on, but did not notice any bad behavior on thier part. That goes to show that It's not the boater's, biker's, etc, Its the fact that in every walk of life there are assholes out there. :mad: and a few will give the other's a bad image imo.

91nordic29
10-20-2004, 03:55 PM
and those damn motorized scooters. and the boom box cars that wake me up at night.

Ziggy
10-20-2004, 04:04 PM
and those damn motorized scooters. and the boom box cars that wake me up at night.
Every night at around 10:15 there is a person that goes up the main streeet near my house on either a pocketbike or some other weedeater motorized vehicle...it doesn't bother me persay but it could be annoying to some folks.
The boombox cars don't bother me much either except if its 2am, I'll hear 'em coming(boom, te,te,te, boom, te,te,te, boom) but as they pass all I hear is BZZZZZZZZZZ,BZZZZZZZZZZZ,BZZZZZZZZZZ from the licence plate frame...now that bugs me :D

ClownRoyal
10-20-2004, 04:04 PM
The city also hangs banners (entry over the bridge) for boat regattas, poker runs and the recent Jet Ski world finals. So it seems to me they welcome all events that poor in money to the City. As for loudness, Harleys are fricken loud around town. I don't care...the louder the better. LHC is where you get to see cutting edge stuff - from boats, trucks, ATVs, to cycles. I see boats cruising the channel before they make the cover of ***boat and Powerboat. F&*&* awesome! I see tow rigs you can fricken walk under. Again...F&*&* awesome! One dude's Harley is his/her passion just like our Eliminators/Magics/DCBs/etc. are to us. Unfortunately, you will have jerks in both crowds.

Magic34
10-20-2004, 04:06 PM
I think there is still a mystique about Harley bikers in general--"oh no they must be part of the Hells Angels" :notam: and it still infers possible retaliation if one gets messed with.
There was a presence of the HA(red and white) this last weekend there. Actually a very prominant member was there as well. I am not going to use his name, but he was very nice when I met him at the docks. Seemed like respectful people to me.

Magic34
10-20-2004, 04:08 PM
The city also hangs banners (entry over the bridge) for boat regattas, poker runs and the recent Jet Ski world finals. So it seems to me they welcome all events that poor in money to the City. As for loudness, Harleys are fricken loud around town. I don't care...the louder the better. LHC is where you get to see cutting edge stuff - from boats, trucks, ATVs, to cycles. I see boats cruising the channel before they make the cover of ***boat and Powerboat. F&*&* awesome! I see tow rigs you can fricken walk under. Again...F&*&* awesome! One dude's Harley is his/her passion just like our Eliminators/Magics/DCBs/etc. are to us. Unfortunately, you will have jerks in both crowds.
That is why I love boats and bikes. My point is that the city is starting to think differently and that is a mistake on their part.

Ziggy
10-20-2004, 04:09 PM
There was a presence of the HA(red and white) this last weekend there. Actually a very prominant member was there as well. I am not going to use his name, but he was very nice when I met him at the docks. Seemed like respectful people to me.
Exactly, they are out to have fun just we are.

ClownRoyal
10-20-2004, 04:14 PM
That is why I love boats and bikes. My point is that the city is starting to think differently and that is a mistake on their part.
Point well taken...but I hope you are wrong.
I saw your boat last weekend tied up outside of LBR. Very nice. Was that Ron (of Magic) driving your boat thru the channel on Sunday? Could of been another 34...

Magic34
10-20-2004, 04:20 PM
Point well taken...but I hope you are wrong.
I saw your boat last weekend tied up outside of LBR. Very nice. Was that Ron (of Magic) driving your boat thru the channel on Sunday? Could of been another 34...
Thanks for the the comp on the boat.
They did a demo of another 34 on Saturday, but I was with my boat in the channel on Sunday for about 1.5 hours. There isn't another 34 with similiar graphics. I don't look as old as Ron either :confused:
It was a great weekend at the lake and that is why I want to be able to enjoy the lake and facilities even more. I hope they change their mindset with this.

JustMVG
10-20-2004, 04:23 PM
We all know now-a-days all these yuppies buy bikes and suddenly think they are some type of rebel and they are tuff :hammer2:
Are you one of those types Kilr???!!!! You know i'm just kidding :yuk: :p , Mike VG

ClownRoyal
10-20-2004, 04:27 PM
They did a demo of another 34 on Saturday, but I was with my boat in the channel on Sunday for about 1.5 hours. There isn't another 34 with similiar graphics. I don't look as old as Ron either :confused:
It was a great weekend at the lake and that is why I want to be able to enjoy the lake and facilities even more. I hope they change their mindset with this.
Sorry about that Magic34. I had a hunch it was Ron smoozing a potential customer in another boat. Given away by that S-eating grin :cool: of his. On the lake this weekend?

Magic34
10-20-2004, 04:36 PM
On the lake this weekend?[/QUOTE]
No go to Havasu until next year now. :frown: :(
Maybe to the local lake here in PHX (Pleasant) on Sunday but boat is getting ready for a 3-4 moth nap. A lot of boat shows this winter as well will take up time on the weekends. Next year, come March, I'll be back if they don't start enforcing ridiculous rules and laws on the lake. I actually plan on being in Havasu 2-3 times a month next year.

ClownRoyal
10-20-2004, 04:41 PM
No go to Havasu until next year now. :frown: :(
Maybe to the local lake here in PHX (Pleasant) on Sunday but boat is getting ready for a 3-4 moth nap. A lot of boat shows this winter as well will take up time on the weekends. Next year, come March, I'll be back if they don't start enforcing ridiculous rules and laws on the lake. I actually plan on being in Havasu 2-3 times a month next year.
Look for you in March.

Riverready
10-20-2004, 05:02 PM
I was also out there last weekend and was staying at the London Bridge Resort. The biker shindig was at the upper parking lot next to the bridge. They had no boat parking at all and they told me i had to park my trailer over by In-n-Out. I rented a slip so I just had my trailer, Luckly I have a storage unit now so I was able to park my trailer in there for the weekend. Also the town was full of wanna-be Jesse James's.
Magic34, I also was drooling over your boat all weekend. That thing sounds real healthy. I was thinking all weekend man would I like to go in a ride in that Magic!! Also How did your 5 month old do out there? Thats about how old my not yet born baby will be this time next year!!

cigarette1
10-20-2004, 05:16 PM
Cops like Harleys :cool: Most Police departments have had or still ride Harleys. And a lot of Cops own personal Harleys.
G

SHOTKALLIN
10-20-2004, 05:44 PM
i think that a cop who owns a harley or who wants to own a harley would be more likely to cite a sport bike owner before the harley owner.
On the same subject a cop may look to cite a souped up honda civic(street racer type) before a chevy chevelle or camaro. sportbikes might be negatively associated with asshole teenagers the same way streetracers are.
just my .02

Magic34
10-20-2004, 06:04 PM
Dilligaf,
It wasn't Sonny, but another high profile member (or maybe even a former member).
Riverready,
Boat ran awesome with the baby. I was concerned about the sound, but it wsan't a problem. Next time, flag me down, or stop me somehow and I'll give you a ride. Sunday was the first time I was in some rough water with this boat and I was more than impressed. I love my boat even more now. I was going over the water @ 70MPH with no problem. It was actually really smooth. When leaving the channel on Sunday, I took the long way back to Windsor and I was worried the ride would be rough for the baby. My wife and baby stayed in the cabin for the entire ride over to Windsor and she couldn't even tell how rough it was. I love my Magic!!!!
The only issue with the baby was that she hated her life jacket. She has one of those neo Connelly jackets with the high back. No good because it comes too high up on her face. I wouldn't recommend one for your baby. Find something that is more open on the baby's face(not so confining).