PDA

View Full Version : Any fellow Missouri boaters?

switchin'addiction
10-20-2004, 06:42 PM
Anybody in here in the Springfield, MO area?

BeaverJ
10-20-2004, 07:44 PM
A couple of hours away from you down here in Rogers AR. Spend most of our time on Beaver Lake.......Jason

kp216
10-21-2004, 04:17 AM
I'm about 3 hours north of you. If you haven't heard of my town, it's 30 miles north of Columbia.
There's actually quite a few people on here that are within a few hours of Springfield.
Just remember to stay tuned for next years Tablerock Roost! :cool:

switchin'addiction
10-21-2004, 05:39 AM
I'm about 3 hours north of you. If you haven't heard of my town, it's 30 miles north of Columbia.
There's actually quite a few people on here that are within a few hours of Springfield.
Just remember to stay tuned for next years Tablerock Roost! :cool:
Yeah I know where Moberly is. Actually I live about 20 minutes from Ken F. who puts on the roost. I missed it this year because of prior obligatios, but next year I am definately in. Actually Ken & I have discussed trying to get back on the water one last time before we put them up for the year.
Glad to know there are some local guys around. Beaver is a beautiful lake, and I regret not making it down this year. I would love to make it down this next season & hook up with some people.

Thunderbutt
10-21-2004, 08:02 PM
There's some guys on the boards from LOTO. If you come up let me know and we'll get togeather.

switchin'addiction
10-22-2004, 09:05 AM
There's some guys on the boards from LOTO. If you come up let me know and we'll get togeather.
Will do Thunder.

UBFJ #454
10-24-2004, 05:13 PM
We'll be moving back to the Farm up in Knox County (Near Edina) either next year or the year after ... Phoenix has just gotten too big for my liking. I'm really looking forward to getting back near the River and Racing in the Midwest and South as well as getting out shop set up there.

Blade1
10-25-2004, 04:59 PM
I LIVE ABOUT 1 1/2 HR UP I-44,WHEN YOU AND KEN FIGURE OUT WHEN YOUR GOIN OUT NEXT AND WHERE, POST IT OR SEND ME AN PM,I AM GAME! We do a day after thanksgiving run,christmas ,new years day,and any other day for that matter that the water isnt froze, when it gets COLD, carhartz and GOOD gloves and a full face helmet and im ready. Dan

switchin'addiction
10-25-2004, 06:30 PM
I LIVE ABOUT 1 1/2 HR UP I-44,WHEN YOU AND KEN FIGURE OUT WHEN YOUR GOIN OUT NEXT AND WHERE, POST IT OR SEND ME AN PM,I AM GAME! We do a day after thanksgiving run,christmas ,new years day,and any other day for that matter that the water isnt froze, when it gets COLD, carhartz and GOOD gloves and a full face helmet and im ready. Dan
I can't believe I found someone else in MO that doesn't winterize their boat after Labor Day weekend, and doesn't mind a little cold weather.
Will definately let you know next time I or we go out. The last time I talked to Ken his boat was down. Had to replace a couple of pistons I believe.
So where do you normally boat at? Are you a LTO regular or do you make it down to Tablerock? I've got the Carharts, the gloves, and I can find the helmet?

Blade1
10-26-2004, 07:33 AM
We normally run the Missouri and lower Gasgonade rivers in our inboards,and the Meramac river in our OB jet boats,I dont make it to Table Rock much but dont mind comin down if we can get a few guys together.i didnt know Ken smoked a couple of pistons, that sucks. let me know.

RD Express
10-27-2004, 05:39 PM
I boat on LOTO as much as possible. Pulled the boat down to Table Rock for the roost this summer. I live in Climax Springs, MO and dock the boat at the 69 mile marker.

UBFJ #454
10-27-2004, 05:58 PM
Roger -
How have you been? Hope to see you out here at The World Finals.
Jak

RD Express
10-28-2004, 03:47 PM
Roger -
How have you been? Hope to see you out here at The World Finals.
Jak
Bear, I'll be at the finals. I'll be spectating and helping my brothers. I have retired from racing. Sold the motor and have the Stealth for sale. Look forward to seeing you and hope you guys win the points championship.

D-BO
10-28-2004, 05:36 PM
I'm in Joplin, we go to Grand Lake and Tablerock. I never quit going to the lake after Labor Day, as a mater of fact we might make one more run on Sunday!!

switchin'addiction
10-28-2004, 10:48 PM
I'm in Joplin, we go to Grand Lake and Tablerock. I never quit going to the lake after Labor Day, as a mater of fact we might make one more run on Sunday!!
I went down this last weekend & it was great. Weather was awesome, and hardly no other boats out at all. I haven't made it to Grand Lake in a few years, but I am down in the area from time to time. I've got family that live in the Seneca area.
Maybe on one of your Tablerock trips next season we can meet up. Maybe on an spring outing or something.

UBFJ #454
10-29-2004, 06:34 AM
Roger -
We'll look for you at FireBird ... It'll be good to see you again and catch up on things.
As far as the NJBA UBFJ High Points Championship, we've got it sown up ... We're going over to Bakersfield next weekend to T&T for The World Finals ... We're trying to get the boat to run low enough in the 7's there to be competitive in PE @ FireBird ... Got to run in the high 7.6's to very low 7.7's at Ming to make up for the time we'll loose at FireBird due to the Craxxy "Water" there ... We'll see.
You, Robert, et al have a safe trip out hear and we'll see you when you get here ... We haven't decided whether or not we'll run T&T here at Phoenix or not ... Depends on what we run over at Ming.

Thunderbutt
10-29-2004, 06:59 PM
We have had good boating weather @ LOTO for this late in Oct. I won't winterize until we get some freezing weather.
R D express, next time your out looking for V-Drives come into Beauty cove on the big Niangua arm.

dwci97
10-30-2004, 03:21 AM
We make it down to Table Rock and Lake of the Ozarks often. I prefer Table Rock but the Ozarks is closer. We usually get down there about 3 or 4 times a year. We mostly boat the Illinois River but I would love to live by either one of those lakes. We are going to go to Bull Shoals Lake next year as well.

RD Express
10-30-2004, 11:05 AM
We have had good boating weather @ LOTO for this late in Oct. I won't winterize until we get some freezing weather.
R D express, next time your out looking for V-Drives come into Beauty cove on the big Niangua arm.
I guess since I have retired from Drag boat racing I should remove that signature. My JET DRIVE ran 8.0's in the mid 130's so I could back up the statement. But the motor has been sold the boat is for sale, so them days are gone. But if I'm ever up that way in my lake boat I'll stop in.
I tried uploading a picture but it did not work.

Thunderbutt
10-30-2004, 12:10 PM
I guess since I have retired from Drag boat racing I should remove that signature. My JET DRIVE ran 8.0's in the mid 130's so I could back up the statement. But the motor has been sold the boat is for sale, so them days are gone. But if I'm ever up that way in my lake boat I'll stop in.
I tried uploading a picture but it did not work.
RD, I wouldn't be much competition with my 87 or 90. Thunderbutt is going back to Ca. in the spring. I'm now trying to get my Warlock deckboat into the 80's, with a new 572 crate motor. (winter project). If you know anyone that wants to buy a 454 mag with a bravo 3 drive tell them to give me a call. I'll make them a deal they can't refuse. You can see the warlock @
http://community.webshots.com/user/cattinaround

switchin'addiction
10-30-2004, 01:51 PM
We make it down to Table Rock and Lake of the Ozarks often. I prefer Table Rock but the Ozarks is closer. We usually get down there about 3 or 4 times a year. We mostly boat the Illinois River but I would love to live by either one of those lakes. We are going to go to Bull Shoals Lake next year as well.
Anytime you make it down to Tablerock look me up. Really enjoy hooking up with & meeting fellow HB'ers.

Underfunded
11-01-2004, 09:56 PM
what a bunch of great lakes out in that area. the locals were great when I was there. Gas was so inexpensive compared to other areas I felt like it x-mas time in boatland. will definatly be back again .

switchin'addiction
11-02-2004, 04:19 PM
what a bunch of great lakes out in that area. the locals were great when I was there. Gas was so inexpensive compared to other areas I felt like it x-mas time in boatland. will definatly be back again .
Come back anytime, some of the best people you will ever meet hang out on these lakes!

AQUAholicSTV2
11-05-2004, 10:06 PM
Hi Guy's.
I live on Table Rock near Indian Point. I also posted on the Arkansas Beaver Lake thread.
After Labor Day the lake is calm & quiet again. Spring & fall are the best times to be out except if you want to go swimming. The motors make good power in the cool dry air.
Got several performance rigs around here and a bunch that come from elsewhere.
I run the local propeller sales & repair shop in Lampe called The Prop Doctor, 417-779-3357.
Shoot me an e-mail at arrr@interlinc.net if you want.
Randy.
STV Euro Comp / 2.5 EFI 260 hp. Merc.

switchin'addiction
11-05-2004, 10:11 PM
Hi Guy's.
I live on Table Rock near Indian Point. I also posted on the Arkansas Beaver Lake thread.
After Labor Day the lake is calm & quiet again. Spring & fall are the best times to be out except if you want to go swimming. The motors make good power in the cool dry air.
Got several performance rigs around here and a bunch that come from elsewhere.
I run the local propeller sales & repair shop in Lampe called The Prop Doctor, 417-779-3357.
Randy.
Hey Randy I've seen you & some of your crew running a few times this past summer. Some nice looking rigs you guys have. Quite impressive running down the lake 3 or 4 side by side!
I actually tried calling you on a Saturday this summer I was in quick need of a spare prop, but you like everyone else was closed. Anyway maybe I will see you out this next spring & wave you down.
Steve

kp216
11-06-2004, 08:30 AM
Hi Guy's.
Randy.
Randy - I personally want to thank you here on this national board for making the donations to the Tablerock Roost 2004!!
Were you there for the Roost? If so, I'm sorry I didn't get to meet you.
Thanks again!http://www.conservationcafe.com/graemlins/cheers.gif

AQUAholicSTV2
11-06-2004, 08:48 PM
KP216.
Thanks for the kind words, just trying to help out.
I had planned to attend the Roost at least one day but never did make it over there. Hopefully next year.
Take care.
Randy.

fleetimus
11-17-2004, 10:40 AM
I am looking for someone in the Winfield, Mo area. I need something checked out there :wink:

switchin'addiction
11-17-2004, 11:14 AM
I am looking for someone in the Winfield, Mo area. I need something checked out there :wink:
I'd love to help you out, but that is about a 4 hour drive for me. Sorry. Hopefully someone who lives a little closer will get back with you.