PDA

View Full Version : Is Desert Center

Tequila-John
10-21-2004, 06:14 AM
Hey guys is Desert Center the fastest way to get to parker off the 10? I saw some of you guys go past Desert Center to another off ramp

Kokopelli
10-21-2004, 06:23 AM
Desert Center would be the fastest, but Rice Road is narrow and dangerous with knuckleheads (not to be confused with the Knuckleheads) passing. There have been several fatal collisions on that stretch of road.
We usually go to Poston Road (just past Blythe), especially if we are towing. It's a little longer (maybe 15-20 minutes), but a much nicer road.

Tequila-John
10-21-2004, 06:28 AM
Desert Center would be the fastest, but Rice Road is narrow and dangerous with knuckleheads (not to be confused with the Knuckleheads) passing. There have been several fatal collisions on that stretch of road.
We usually go to Poston Road (just past Blythe), especially if we are towing. It's a little longer (maybe 15-20 minutes), but a much nicer road.
Is Postan Road posted as an off ramp? Or is it another name

THOR
10-21-2004, 06:31 AM
John,
It will say Desert Center-Rice Road. It will take you towards Vidal Junction.

Tequila-John
10-21-2004, 06:32 AM
John,
It will say Desert Center-Rice Road. It will take you towards Vidal Junction.
THOR I know the Desert Center/ Rice road cutoff bud. I was asking for other ways

Mtg Pro
10-21-2004, 06:40 AM
T-J
DC may be the fastest and shortest route, although traffic can be an issue depending on what day of the week you travel it. Many people go to Ehrenberg. It is the first exit over the river in AZ. The road is wider and flatter. You do have to be careful of the CRIT cops and your speed. We always send the kids on Ehrenberg if they come out the 10.

racecar.hotshoe
10-21-2004, 06:48 AM
We go two ways D/C or 62 off the 10 the 62 is shorter but it takes about the same time to get there,Because of the lights in the towns you go threw.I like 62 cause there are places to eat before hitting the desert... :D

THOR
10-21-2004, 06:49 AM
Whoops. Forgot to read it all.
BTW, I like the 62 route too. I tad shorter and safer.

racecar.hotshoe
10-21-2004, 06:53 AM
Whoops. Forgot to read it all.
BTW, I like the 62 route too. I tad shorter and safer.
I like the fact that when you leave 29 palms you can hammer down!!! :D

Tremor Therapy
10-21-2004, 06:53 AM
We always go thru Ehrenburg....it is wider, and safer.....the extra 25 minutes versus the less windy road, no shoulder, safety thing is an easy choice for me. :sqeyes:

NOTALENT
10-21-2004, 06:58 AM
I take Ehrenburg as well....Gas is cheap at Flying J when u exit...It seems to be faster that Rice Road.. and the fact that ur on the freeway is alot easier then rice road especially when towing..and if u break down...there is something near by.

Tequila-John
10-21-2004, 07:05 AM
Wow thanks for all the info. Is Ehrenburg the off ramp from the 10? Also where does Ehrenburg pop out in Parker? Over by the Ford Delership?

Mtg Pro
10-21-2004, 07:07 AM
T-J,
It is the first exit in AZ., just over the river. You can take a couple of short cuts in Parker, or you come out by the hospital.

Tequila-John
10-21-2004, 07:10 AM
Cool thanks

Krumbsnatcher
10-21-2004, 09:05 AM
you can also take the 10 prior to the river which goes by Lost lake, then you can cross over to road from Erenburgh.
They had a fire last time and we were diverted, it was actually faster in my opinion, however, you lose out on the cheap fuel just before the river.
just .02

Tequila-John
10-21-2004, 09:12 AM
you can also take the 10 prior to the river which goes by Lost lake, then you can cross over to road from Erenburgh.
They had a fire last time and we were diverted, it was actually faster in my opinion, however, you lose out on the cheap fuel just before the river.
just .02
Explain that route again

Parker Dreamin
10-21-2004, 09:13 AM
I take Ehrenburg as well....Gas is cheap at Flying J when u exit...It seems to be faster that Rice Road.. and the fact that ur on the freeway is alot easier then rice road especially when towing..and if u break down...there is something near by.
I am a little confused.... So you stay on Hwy 10 and pass Desert Center off ramp.... and then you will hit the Ehrenburg exit ? How much farther is it ? and is it a straight shot right into Parker.... ?

racecar.hotshoe
10-21-2004, 09:14 AM
I am a little confused.... So you stay on Hwy 10 and pass Desert Center off ramp.... and then you will hit the Ehrenburg exit ? How much farther is it ? and is it a straight shot right into Parker.... ?70 miles or so.....

cdog
10-21-2004, 09:15 AM
I clocked the time and miles from Desert Center to Parker at the Arco gas station off of the 95. I take the 10 to Quartsite , go az 95 north to Parker. It took an hour and fifteen and was 105 miles. I prefer the open roads and passing lanes on the az 95. how many miles is it to go down rice road? Add 5 min. at least for traffic.

Parker Dreamin
10-21-2004, 09:16 AM
70 miles or so.....
So stay on the 10 for 70 miles or so then you see the exit and what way do you go from there ? and where exactly does it dump you... sorry to sound like a dip shit I just dont know that way at all...thanks for the help.

Parker Dreamin
10-21-2004, 09:16 AM
70 miles or so.....
So stay on the 10 for 70 miles or so then you see the exit and what way do you go from there ? and where exactly does it dump you... sorry to sound like a dip shi% I just dont know that way at all...thanks for the help.

racecar.hotshoe
10-21-2004, 09:18 AM
At about the 17 mile marker of Az you will see the cutoff for Parker.....

Havasu_Dreamin
10-21-2004, 09:24 AM
Ok, to clear up any confusion.
If you want to stay on the 10 freeway you take it all the way into the first exit in AZ, just after you cross the river. There is a Flying J Truck Plaza at that off-ramp. When you get to the end of the off-ramp go left. This will take you over the freeway and you will come to a stop sign, there should be some place called River Lagoon, or something like that, in front of you. Go rigth at the stop sign. You are now in the town of Ehrenberg. The speed limit is 35 and YOU BETTER DO 35! The La Paz County SD is real strict thru there from what I have been told.
Continue on this road and you will eventually pass a sign on the right side of the road that says "End County Road Maintenance", you have now officially crossed over onto the reservation. This road is flat and wide. The speed limit is 55 I believe and you do need to watch out for the CRIT police. Continue on this road for ~45 miles and you will come to a stop sign on the South end of Parker, the Chevrolet dealership will be to your right. Go left at the Stop sign and contiue up to the Arco, go right. From there you should all be able to figure out how to get to wherever it is you are going in Parker or how to get up to Havasu.
The road that crosses the river, the one used with the fire a few months back, is Agnes Wilson Road.
Here endeth the lesson. :notam: :cool:

Tequila-John
10-21-2004, 09:29 AM
If you want to stay on the 10 freeway you take it all the way into the first exit in AZ, just after you cross the river. There is a Flying J Truck Plaza at that off-ramp. When you get to the end of the off-ramp go left. This will take you over the freeway and you will come to a stop sign, there should be some place called River Lagoon, or something like that, in front of you. Go rigth at the stop sign. You are now in the town of Ehrenberg. The speed limit is 35 and YOU BETTER DO 35! The La Paz County SD is real strict thru there from what I have been told.
Continue on this road and you will eventually pass a sign on the right side of the road that says "End County Road Maintenance", you have now officially crossed over onto the reservation. This road is flat and wide. The speed limit is 55 I believe and you do need to watch out for the CRIT police. Continue on this road for ~45 miles and you will come to a stop sign on the South end of Parker, the Chevrolet dealership will be to your right. Go left at the Stop sign and contiue up to the Arco, go right. From there you should all be able to figure out how to get to wherever it is you are going in Parker or how to get up to Havasu.
The road that crosses the river, the one used with the fire a few months back, is Agnes Wilson Road.
Cool bud. I will test it out tommorow on the way out.

Parker Dreamin
10-21-2004, 09:46 AM
Thats what I was looking for.... Thank you all for the help !!!!

boatnam2
10-21-2004, 10:26 AM
tj go with the direstions havasu dreamin gave.about 3 or 4 miles past the river on the 10 you will see flying j exit 1 eherenberg cant miss it.make a left to the bottom of the hill go right 40 miles to the dealership.nice and flat.see you there.

Havasu_Dreamin
10-21-2004, 10:27 AM
No problem. I try to be helpful on here.

Parker Dreamin
10-21-2004, 10:42 AM
tj go with the direstions havasu dreamin gave.about 3 or 4 miles past the river on the 10 you will see flying j exit 1 eherenberg cant miss it.make a left to the bottom of the hill go right 40 miles to the dealership.nice and flat.see you there.
How lucky you are... any pics of the new boat to post ? You and TJ will be meeting up this weekend for sure, I cant make the trip..have a friends kids birthday.... bummer. Have a great time guys.