need some quick and easy recipes :mix:

Jordy
10-21-2004, 08:08 AM
Horse doovers? Is that what they call hors douvres on the west side??? LOL :D
How about tater tots? Perhaps some sliced spam on saltine crackers??? :D :D :D

Mrs.Racer277
10-21-2004, 08:12 AM
Deviled Eggs,
Can of Stagg Chili Larado, 4oz Cream Cheese melt in Microwave great with tortilla chips.
Little Smokies and BBQ sauce put in crock pot to keep warm.
Also Costco has a bunch of stuff in the frozen section you can heat and serve.
Hope this helps. :D

Keithb87
10-21-2004, 08:13 AM
Cheese Dip...
1 block of Velveta cut in 1" cubes
1 can of Rotel
1/2 can of milk
Blend Rotel and milk in Blender
Put cheese in Crock Pot
add Blended concauction
Turn on and melt together (stirring occasionaly)
Serve with Tortilla chips..
YUM :D

Stealth Marine
10-21-2004, 08:51 AM
If your willing to fire up the BBQ.
Take a couple RED/YELLOW/GREEN bell peppers.
Slice them into long slivers.
Soak in any decent Italian Dressing for as long as you can.
Then toss them on the grill and cook till you just begin to see them turn black on the edges.
Serve hot with some Toothpicks.

Misogynist
10-21-2004, 08:57 AM
Hmmmmm.... I always thought they were "W hor e s ovaries "........ :p

Mandelon
10-21-2004, 09:03 AM
I think Costco has something called a Baked Brie? My wife gets them. It is a big slab of brie cheese wrapped in a dough, you bake it in the oven, then dress with a jar of raspberry chipotle salsa. Serve with wheat crackers, its tasty and easy plus has a classier feel than drunken weenies...
Sliced tomatoes, covered in feta cheese, balsamic vinegar and thinly sliced french or sourdough baguette bread.
Or if you are looking for easier......The cheese and meat platter...... :D

Mrs. Bordsmnj
10-21-2004, 09:03 AM
Got this recipe from the Revndave's and it yummy!!
1 or 2 blocks of cream cheese
1 pkg of salami, chopped into little pieces
1 bunch of green onions, chopped also
1 small can of jalapenos
1 loaf of sourdough or french bread, cut of a top, dig out bread to make a bread bowl.
Mix everything together and put in bread bowl, put bread lid on, wrap the whole thing in foil and put in the over at 350 for about 1 hour.
Tear up the left over pieces of bread and use them to dip into the creamy goodness. Its good with tortilla chips too.
Sounds kind of knarly but I swear, it is YUMMY!!!!!!

PHX ATC
10-21-2004, 09:29 AM
We've got 2 horses, so I can give you some "horse doovers" for free if you want. It might kinda screw up your party though!! :)
Costco has some fixed up platters and stuff we always use, much easier and about the same cost as fixing them yourself...without the mess!! :rollside:

lucky
10-21-2004, 09:50 AM
I think Costco has something called a Baked Brie? My wife gets them. It is a big slab of brie cheese wrapped in a dough, you bake it in the oven, then dress with a jar of raspberry chipotle salsa. Serve with wheat crackers, its tasty and easy plus has a classier feel than drunken weenies...
Sliced tomatoes, covered in feta cheese, balsamic vinegar and thinly sliced french or sourdough baguette bread.
Or if you are looking for easier......The cheese and meat platter...... :D
I have been on the boards and i still have not seen bre baked !

lucky
10-21-2004, 09:53 AM
waterchest nuts wrapped in bacon and cook till bacon is crisp -350 like till ya smelll smoke -

al cole'holic
10-21-2004, 09:59 AM
1 can of green chiles diced
1-2 jar of artichoke hearts chopped
1 bag of shredded parmesan cheese
1-2 cup mayo
mix it up, throw it in a bread bowl and bake it up! Great dip ;)

jbtrailerjim
10-21-2004, 10:00 AM
Thats what I hear them Beaumont folks like. :D

91nordic29
10-21-2004, 10:01 AM
Horse doovers? Is that what they call hors douvres on the west side??? LOL :D
sorry, jordy. i dont know what those things are :rolleyes: . pS luv ya!
all of them sound scrumptious. thanks. now i wont be stuck making the same ol same ol
PHX ATC - as soon as i wrote that, i remembered your avatar and i just knew what was going to happen!!
thanks all!
cindy :D

91nordic29
10-21-2004, 10:02 AM
waterchest nuts wrapped in bacon and cook till bacon is crisp -350 like till ya smelll smoke -
:D :D :2purples:

PHX ATC
10-21-2004, 10:03 AM
PHX ATC - as soon as i wrote that, i remembered your avatar and i just knew what was going to happen!!
cindy :D
It took me 2 reads of the thread to throw it out there. All in good fun!! :rollside:

topless
10-21-2004, 10:05 AM
You guys are making me hungry. Now whats for lunch? :hammerhea

BarryMac
10-21-2004, 10:07 AM
We've got 2 horses, so I can give you some "horse doovers" for free if you want. It might kinda screw up your party though!! :) fixing them yourself...without the mess!! :rollside:
That is some funny shit right there... :D :D :D
gjb

MsDrmr
10-21-2004, 10:08 AM
my home made crab ceviche

Mardonzi
10-21-2004, 10:11 AM
Take jalapenos, cut of the crown (stem part), deseed them. Fill them with cream cheese, wrap them with a piece of bacon and either throw them on the grill or in the oven....

lucky
10-21-2004, 11:52 AM
buffalo wings in marinated in picate sause cooked and sereved with beer
is celery and penut butta still in lol

hoolign
10-21-2004, 11:58 AM
fresh crab and baby shrimp(or imitation if you like the cheap shit)
chives
mayo
brie cheese
blend the crab and shrimp
mix it all up, season to taste
spread it out on tortillas roll em up and cut them into 1" pieces.serve cold...mmmm good stuff

RiverOtter
10-21-2004, 12:14 PM
Already peeled peel n eat shrimp.

Larry Nebb
10-21-2004, 12:16 PM
I like it when they serve bong hits myself. :p

Havasu Hangin'
10-21-2004, 12:28 PM
Belvedere Martini...dry...up...with 2 olives (or dirty). :mix:

Seadog
10-21-2004, 03:04 PM
Get some decent blocks of cheese, sharp cheddar, jack, etc and cut into small pieces. Have a selection of olives, pickles, carrots and whatever small veggies you like, with some ranch dip and some assorted crackers
For the best cheese ball ever made, take 8 oz cream cheese, a bunch of green onions and a can of hormel dried beef slices. Let the cream cheese set out until it softens. Chop the green onions and the beef into small pieces. Mix well and let refrigerate for at least 24 hours. For a larger crowd, double the receipe.
BBQ coctail weiners: heat them in a crock pot and use wood skewers to fetch. You can use bottled sauce, or a great sauce is to take a small jar of Grape Jelly (think the old Flintstones jar size, about 6 oz) and a bottle of cocktail sauce. Add the jelly as the cocktail sauce heats up until it blends.

Seadog
10-21-2004, 03:12 PM
I also have my own receipe for killer stuffed mushrooms, if you want to make more of an effort.