PDA

View Full Version : Poker Run in Havasu

Magic34
10-21-2004, 08:57 AM
Just got this in my email....
Food Drive Poker Run
Friday Nov 5, 2004
6-8pm Open Walk-up Registration @ Nautical Inn Cove, Receive instructions
Each hand $20.00 (1/2 proceeds will be prize money 1/2 will be donated for food)
Sat Nov 6, 2004
8-10am Continued Registration @ Nautical Inn Cove
10am-Noon Card Stations Open
Noon-1:30 Card Turn in, BBQ Lunch available @ Nautical Cove, Free Boat
Parking, Kids Activities
1:30 Awards / 2:00 Individual Boat Photos at the London Bridge
All proceeds from the event will benefit
Local Lake Havasu City and Arizona Food Banks.
For Sponsorship or Event Registration Forms please contact
Mandy @ 602-550-1582 or e-mail mandym@sleekcraft.com
If you are unable to attend the event, but would like to make a donation please call-
The Nautical Inn is offering a special room rate for the weekend.
Please make your reservation today 928-855-2141
Lake Havasu
Attention Boaters get in the Holiday Spirit!
POKER
RUN
on the Water Food Drive
Saturday November 6, 2004
All Brands and Types of Boats Welcome

Magic34
10-21-2004, 08:51 PM
Anyone thinking of going to this event?

Roxysnow
10-21-2004, 08:54 PM
Anyone thinking of going to this event?
We're going to try to make it :D

Sane Asylum
10-22-2004, 05:24 AM
Roxy......Never got a chance to meet you at the last dam run......We were tied up (in the middle) of about 8 boats at willow creek when I saw you......Somebody said you had some probs with your boat...
What happened to ya?
I tested your boat about 8-9 months ago......Almost bought it but went the Sunsation route instead....
Love the graphics and the way it handled......Very solid...Hope you're enjoying it....

FastTimmy
10-22-2004, 06:35 AM
Sorry that is the week of the SEMA show in vegas...

Magic34
10-22-2004, 07:45 AM
Sorry that is the week of the SEMA show in vegas...
It's after SEMA

LHC30Victory
10-22-2004, 09:33 AM
It's the wifey's b/day weekend. We will make it for the good of the cause - OH and the fun of running.

Roxysnow
10-22-2004, 09:56 AM
Roxy......Never got a chance to meet you at the last dam run......We were tied up (in the middle) of about 8 boats at willow creek when I saw you......Somebody said you had some probs with your boat...
What happened to ya?
I tested your boat about 8-9 months ago......Almost bought it but went the Sunsation route instead....
Love the graphics and the way it handled......Very solid...Hope you're enjoying it....
Hi there! I'm sorry we didn't get a chance to meet you, unfortunately our weekend was cut short shortly after leaving Willow. When we switched fuel tanks the boat just stopped, dead in the water and no power to anything. Luckyly a fellow board member, "Trimm Mann", stopped to help us out and ended up giving me a ride to Cottonwood to get a tow. Sucked hard, no lie. :mad:
We took it to Sleek mechanic in Havisu, a main pin that sends the power from the engine to the boat computer went out. It's all fixed now, in fact we pick it up tomorrow and will be in the water by lunch :cool:
Other than this past incident, the boat has been solid without a single problem. I'm still excited everytime we pull it out of storage, I just love it!! :p
Hope to meet you on the next run!
Mrs. RoxySnow

Magic34
10-22-2004, 01:16 PM
The proceeds don't go directly to the city, but a portion goes to the food bank of LHC. Other portions will be split to various food banks as well. Some of that money may benefit your local food bank.
I think it would show a good cause on on the entire powerboat/***boat community to participate in this. If we gave some good figures to charity, then the label of us ***boaters being "a-holes" at some establishments would not be remotely as valid as they are using it now.
Please try and make it. It is a low cost entry to be in the poker run, $20/hand.

MagicAct
10-22-2004, 01:46 PM
I will be there hoping for some sun to make the weekend great. We will be in town on Friday evening around 7:00 ish... If we can get setup and on the water in time I will come over to the Turtle for a cocktail....
Cheers, Mike..... :)

hava life
10-22-2004, 01:56 PM
If we get back on the water by then we will be there. Still waiting to get the motor back.

Magic34
10-25-2004, 11:57 AM
Here is some more info on why there is help needed. I can't think of a better way for charity, a poker run.
Article (http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/1025foodbank25.html)

MagicAct
10-25-2004, 12:31 PM
Right you are 34... What a great way to help some needy folks. I spoke to Mandy this morning and we are all registared. She told me that she has around 30 + boats already signed up.
How can you go wrong, a great day on the water with your friends and helping someone in need :cool:
BTW, the long range weather guess ( :wink: ) is saying it should be in the 80's..
See ya then...
Mike.....

LHC30Victory
11-01-2004, 01:16 PM
I think it would show a good cause on on the entire powerboat/***boat community to participate in this. If we gave some good figures to charity, then the label of us ***boaters being "a-holes" at some establishments would not be remotely as valid as they are using it now.
Please try and make it. It is a low cost entry to be in the poker run, $20/hand.
Who else is gonna be there????

jdnichols
11-01-2004, 02:56 PM
We'll be there Friday afternoon.

LHC30Victory
11-01-2004, 03:50 PM
unfortunately, we have work and won't be in till about 10 or so. But Sat will be great! we think Sunday will be bout as good.